Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I award this neat indie movie streaming on the world's largest-mainstream-movie-platform:
3 Comfys out of 5, and a coupon for renting "Safety Not Guaranteed" which is also produced by the Duplass Bros and is a very cool movie released 10 years ago. How's that for time travel????

didn't know it was a duplass joint, but thank you for saving me the thirty seconds when I eventually would have turned this on and shut it off immediately after seeing their name pop up

they are such obnoxious little shits and SNG was some garden state level masturbation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

also thank you for your opinions on Alison Brie's boobs, that was some essential posting there

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

go on

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/steelydante/status/1515523588362846212?t=Jc2N2QuLWbDjhylUP59PCQ&s=19

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

what is even happening

kalel posted:

Everything Everywhere All At Once

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Space Kablooey posted:

What the hell? I don't remember the camera lingering on the alien cow as it was straining to fart. I'm 100% sure it was just the fart and jar jar pinching his nose.

Did episode 1 get special edition'ed at some point?

The 2012 3D theater re-release added a bunch of deleted scenes back into the movie. It's from the version where creepy puppet Yoda was replaced with creepy CGI Yoda.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i would like it if the duplass brothers would make Creep 3 thank you

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol poo poo I'm watching The Mummy Returns and I forgot about the flashback to the ancient egyptian bikini gymnastics swordfight scene.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Dabir posted:

I can understand not liking The Mask, but I can't condone it.

I cannot sanction such buffoonery (of not liking The Mask)

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
he's confused and watched Mask by mistake

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Mask is fun, absolute 100% watch if I see on the in-flight list or streaming

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Galewolf posted:

Mask is fun, absolute 100% watch if I see on the in-flight list or streaming

I have no idea which one we’re talking about anymore

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Son of Mask, obviously :v:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
If they don't say "The" Mask then it's safest just to always assume Mask (1985)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
imagine if the guy from Mask wore the mask from The Mask... what a movie that would be!

or vice versa, if Jim Carrey was in Mask (as Cher)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hell yeah I love Masks!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Smokin'

- Jean Luc Picard, Mask (1985)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
"There are two Masks!"
-Jean-Luc Picard, "Masks"

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

We have to get the deformed Picard character working, he’s the key to everything. He’s the funniest character I think we’ve ever had

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
*George Lucas watching Dr. Crusher bang a sex ghost in a candle*
"I may have gone too far in a few places"

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

With the remaster of Mask, I can finally present my true vision, which technology did not allow at the time

*tig notaro is superimposed over captain Picard in First Contact, but he has a green mask face that makes cartoon wolf howls every time he sees the borg queen*

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

The 2012 3D theater re-release added a bunch of deleted scenes back into the movie. It's from the version where creepy puppet Yoda was replaced with creepy CGI Yoda.

Oh thank God. I skipped those

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Lol poo poo I'm watching The Mummy Returns and I forgot about the flashback to the ancient egyptian bikini gymnastics swordfight scene.

The kid in that is sooooooo bad

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

poisonpill posted:

I have no idea which one we’re talking about anymore

A real masks (oof) moment

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"Somebody stop me!"

- Rocky Dennis

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

"C-r-a-n-i-o-d-i-a-p-h-y-s-e-a-l d-y-s-p-l-a-s-i-a-WHY? Because I got it!"

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The kid in that is sooooooo bad

I always wonder why even put kids in action movies in the first place? Is it for cheap thrills and lazily manufactured danger element because kids are vulnerable even though everyone knows they have eternal plot armor. I remember even as a kid I loving HATED whenever there were kids in movies. Mummy Returns, Lost World's gymnastics girl, Jurassic Park 3's survivor kid etc. I think Jurassic Park and T2 are the only ones with major kid/teen characters that I didn't hate when I was growing up, and to be fair, Timmy gets wrecked pretty good in JP.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

not trolled not crying posted:

I always wonder why even put kids in action movies in the first place? Is it for cheap thrills and lazily manufactured danger element because kids are vulnerable even though everyone knows they have eternal plot armor. I remember even as a kid I loving HATED whenever there were kids in movies. Mummy Returns, Lost World's gymnastics girl, Jurassic Park 3's survivor kid etc. I think Jurassic Park and T2 are the only ones with major kid/teen characters that I didn't hate growing up, and to be fair, Timmy gets wrecked pretty good in JP.

:same:
Exact same. Nobody wants to be Indiana Jones stupid sidekick. They want to be Indiana Jones!!!!!

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Timmy's a loving trooper.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

poisonpill posted:

:same:
Exact same. Nobody wants to be Indiana Jones stupid sidekick. They want to be Indiana Jones!!!!!

Its true although somehow short round is a breath of fresh compared to the kid sidekicks that came after

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
It's the sort of weird narcissists who assume others can't empathize with anyone not like themselves. Pure projection. Then they can pretend to be gracious by having "representation".

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

A Single Sphink posted:

"C-r-a-n-i-o-d-i-a-p-h-y-s-e-a-l d-y-s-p-l-a-s-i-a-WHY? Because I got it!"

lol

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

I actually like short round but I can’t explain what makes him better than other dumb kids in movies

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

poisonpill posted:

I actually like short round but I can’t explain what makes him better than other dumb kids in movies

Iirc Short Round never makes the situation worse for Indiana, so he’s not frustrating to have around. Plus there’s the part where he says “no time for love, Dr Jones”. He actively prevents the romance from getting in the way of the action.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Its because kids like action movies, like seing themselves in action movies, and if you can hook a kid you hook their parents too

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i believe it was because he was chinese

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Short round and kid john connor are fine,shia lebeef is the absolute worst.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

My 3rd grade teacher called me Short Round for the whole school year and at the time I thought it was cool because I liked Indiana Jones but that was pretty racist Mr. Terry

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

not trolled not crying posted:

I always wonder why even put kids in action movies in the first place?

Maybe because children exist in the real world, and writers/artists take inspiration from their surroundings, and maybe it will help parents connect with the movie?

But they also forget it’s hard to make an action movie fantasy while being reminded of the responsibility of having a kid

Like having a flick where Indiana Jones constantly has to pay bills and make rent

kalel posted:

didn't know it was a duplass joint, but thank you for saving me the thirty seconds when I eventually would have turned this on and shut it off immediately after seeing their name pop up

they are such obnoxious little shits and SNG was some garden state level masturbation

I liked Safety Not Guaranteed :shrug: didn’t expect much from a movie based on a decades old meme, but it ended up being entertaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Mr. Meagles posted:

My 3rd grade teacher called me Short Round for the whole school year and at the time I thought it was cool because I liked Indiana Jones but that was pretty racist Mr. Terry

lol :yikes: Mr. Terry is a dick