Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
more and more people are saying this
This poll is closed.
they're coming up to me 57 15.53%
with tears in their eyes and 85 23.16%
they're saying 59 16.08%
SIR! we want thread! 134 36.51%
straight out of central casting 32 8.72%
Total: 202 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Red Baron posted:

trump would want his kids to get nothing, so that is fitting

Nah, he'll leave something for Ivanka (not for any of the other goobers, though).

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

titty_baby_ posted:

thinking today is bottling day

That had ~2lbs of honey and at least a quart of plum puree my parents originally made for jelly. With the yeast I put in it should be roughly 12-14% abv.

Mine is about a week away from bottling and I did blueberries bit plums but that is some fine looking mead

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Greg Legg posted:

That's awesome. I used to brew beer with a friend of mine but I always wanted to do something like this.

Mead/ wine and cider are the easiest things u can brew. I prefer mead because I've found with cider theres a timing element to bottle it while it's still carbonated, but aside from that they're the same.

U can literally go to the store, buy a gallon of unpasteurized apple juice, dump yeast in it, put an airlock on, and in a week or so you'll have a weak cider. If you add more sugar and use the right yeast you can get striner stuff.

For mead I get about 1.5-2lb of honey and dissolve it in water on heat on the stove. Once its cooled to 90-100f i dump it in the big gallon jug and add water or fruits or whatever i want, and then add champagne yeast thats been rehydrating in a jar of water. Then put on an airlock and wait a few weeks. The only tricky part is that I've overfilled it before and led to the top of the airlock blowing off and spraying liquid everywhere.

Mead is easy because u drink it flat and u can age it as long as u want. It tastes yeastier/more "wild" the younger it is, but ive been told if u add fruit you should drink in a few months because the fruit loses its flavor

You can easily brew a gallon for $20 or so, and once you have the equipment the only cost is honey/fruit and yeast (which is cheap).

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mayor Dave posted:

Mine is about a week away from bottling and I did blueberries bit plums but that is some fine looking mead

Hell yeah! I did two foraged batches last year. One had plums/cherries i picked from a bunch of strangers yards at work, and the other was wild blackberries/salmonberries/thimbleberries. Later this summer when its huckleberry season im gonna do a very intense huckleberry mead and im really looking forward to it

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Greg Legg posted:

This is the weirdest thing to me since we've moved to Ohio. There are flags everywhere! This guy down the street still has his Let's Go Brandon flag up.

Visited my brother in downtown Greeneville SC and every other house had a Ukraine flag outside. That's how I knew I was in lib country

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

it's nice to get a happy easter message directly frmo the one true prsident :patriot:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

neutral milf hotel posted:

bacon
lettuce
TRUMP

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

bacon
lettuce
TRUMP

Bmurt
Lruptm
Tlettusce

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

titty_baby_ posted:

That had ~2lbs of honey and at least a quart of plum puree my parents originally made for jelly. With the yeast I put in it should be roughly 12-14% abv.

drat titty baby, you never rack that poo poo?

E: that looks amazing. I'm just talking trash because I'm jealous. Honey is super experience where I am but apples are free so mead out is but cider is very in. My cider group got around 500 litres of cider between 3 people this year. Bottled half last weekend. You have to add a little sugar right before bottling and then wait a few months if you want fizzy cider.

Leroy Diplowski has issued a correction as of 18:45 on Apr 17, 2022

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

CODChimera posted:

yeah that's the strategy im choosing

i approve!!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

smash mouth eat the eggs

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSZZFayo64I

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

AARD VARKMAN posted:

just made a BLT :grin:

Heh, lettuce. Try raw spinach next time fool.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
happy easter trump thread

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Joementum posted:

haha yes YES

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

gently caress You Happy Noodle Boy

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Bronco's (?) right.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

cool hand jesus would be a good movie

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1515749079497814019

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

a.lo posted:

gently caress You Happy Noodle Boy

https://i.imgur.com/OAz9SrL.mp4

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Joementum posted:

:yeshaha:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

titty_baby_ posted:

I made a 5 gallon Melomel about 10 years ago, and it had to age for a year. After a year I go to get it from the back of my storage room and a mouse had popped of the stopper and jumped in to his drunken death. I still siphoned off a glass from the bottom of the carboy to drink but flushed the rest of it. loving mouse.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Leroy Diplowski posted:

drat titty baby, you never rack that poo poo?

E: that looks amazing. I'm just talking trash because I'm jealous. Honey is super experience where I am but apples are free so mead out is but cider is very in. My cider group got around 500 litres of cider between 3 people this year. Bottled half last weekend. You have to add a little sugar right before bottling and then wait a few months if you want fizzy cider.

I've been doing this for a few years and I still don't know what racking is lol

Theres a ton of free apples around me too, but I don't have access to a crusher/juicer thing. Ive juiced before using like a kitchen blender juicer thing and the effort and cleaning turned me off. If I can get access to a crusher thing I'll try it again & use ur sugar method.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

I made a 5 gallon Melomel about 10 years ago, and it had to age for a year. After a year I go to get it from the back of my storage room and a mouse had popped of the stopper and jumped in to his drunken death. I still siphoned off a glass from the bottom of the carboy to drink but flushed the rest of it. loving mouse.

Some cultures put a snake or scorpion in liquor..maybe mouse is the new fad

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

hell yeah

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

I've been doing this for a few years and I still don't know what racking is lol

Theres a ton of free apples around me too, but I don't have access to a crusher/juicer thing. Ive juiced before using like a kitchen blender juicer thing and the effort and cleaning turned me off. If I can get access to a crusher thing I'll try it again & use ur sugar method.

Racking is just when you transfer the liquid from one carboy to another, leaving all the solids in the bottom of the first carboy. It helps clarify it.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

C-Euro posted:

Is this a young Neil Patrick Harris, because it sure looks like it.

that is Shawn Ashmore, who was Jake in the Animorphs show

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

IAMKOREA posted:

Racking is just when you transfer the liquid from one carboy to another, leaving all the solids in the bottom of the first carboy. It helps clarify it.

:rackem:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

No, Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes, No, No

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

Eduardo Moreno, a former train engineer for the Port of Los Angeles, has been sentenced to three years in prison for derailing a train in 2020. Moreno didn’t flee the scene, admitted to the crime, plead insanity before finally taking a plea deal that will see him spend three years in prison and pay a $755,880 fine. According to Moreno and his lawyers, he was all spun up by too much caffeine and too much time online studying QAnon.

According to court documents, Moreno sped a locomotive to the end of the line at the Port of Los Angeles on March 31, 2020. The car derailed, smashed through several barriers and slid through a parking lot before coming to rest near the USNS Mercy, a hospital ship that was docked at the port and caring for COVID-19 patients at the time.

Moreno didn’t run and a police officer who happened to be driving by was on the scene immediately. “In two post-arrest interviews, Moreno waived his Miranda rights and admitted that he intentionally ran the train off the track, and stated that he wanted to bring attention to the government's activities regarding COVID-19, and was suspicious of the U.S.N.S. Mercy,” court documents said.

As the officer approached Moreno, he immediately began to talk. “‘You only get this chance once,” Moreno said, according to court documents. “The whole world is watching. I had to. People don't know what's going on here. Now they will. At night, they turn off the lights and don't let anyone in. I'm going to expose this to the world. When was the last time you went to Dodgers' stadium? We might not be able to go again.’"

In later interviews, Moreno told investigators about his motives at length. “He stated that the USNS Mercy was part of a government conspiracy to bring healthy ‘open-minded’ people onto the ship and ‘get rid of them,’” court documents said. “Defendant described reading internet materials related to conspiracy groups, such as ‘X22 Report,’ the ‘Great Awakening,’ and ‘Q.’”

While in custody, Moreno underwent psychological treatment which included the painting of a large mural that took 9 months to complete.

Well okay. As long as his mural is complete.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

the gently caress. dude

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

bacon
lettuce
TRUMP

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

IAMKOREA posted:

Mehh i rawdog this poo poo

i use a bentonite slurry in the original carboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Bethamphetamine posted:

Well okay. As long as his mural is complete.

ive had some caffeine heavy phases of my life and all I got was irritated