Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

They'll just reboot her in season 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Elias_Maluco posted:

And than fell in love with a faceless murderous robot girl

Freud: Saw it coming :geno:

Naturally, I'm assuming Freud is still somehow alive in this alternate timeline.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Elias_Maluco posted:

And than feel in love with a faceless murderous robot girl

He is a horny teenager and she was the only girl in his age bracket. It's like the least unrealistic thing about the whole plot.

Also, this show is dead. Time to admit it

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Mulva posted:

"Why would you do something as stupid as fall in love with a robot?" says child's robot mother.
That was one of the best moments in this show.

That was a perfect culmination of that whole plot arc where Campion was just being a horny lovestruck kid, but really it was about insisting that his love for his mother was real, despite never focusing on that.

There's so much in this insane show that just fits together and makes sense with its own logic. It's so satisfying to go, "Ah, yes, of course, the flying snake liked pumpkins rather than birds because it was designed to eat the magic tree made out of people."

Edit:

GABA ghoul posted:

Surely we can save it by turning it into a fish show.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
robot girl is also just the best available partner for campion, everyone else he knows his age is some traumatized cultist weirdo, whereas she is merely a traumatized duplicate of a traumatized cultist weirdo child.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

GABA ghoul posted:

He is a horny teenager and she was the only girl in his age bracket. It's like the least unrealistic thing about the whole plot.

Time to start a snake mail-in campaign by horny fans to save this show.

Regretful Humming
Apr 27, 2015
Failing to renew this show will start a holy war.

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022
FYI the snake's name was Pumpkin.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Campion is great. Just a nice kid, surrounded by insane people communing with murderous deities, trying to keep poo poo chill on this hell planet he lives on.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Regretful Humming posted:

Failing to renew this show will start a holy war.

Maybe the actual alien signal from Kepler 22b was this show and failure to do a season three started a chain reaction that lead to premise of the show. It's all quite ingenious.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
Oh, just wait until Grandmother repairs Vrille.

Regretful Humming
Apr 27, 2015

lynch_69 posted:

Maybe the actual alien signal from Kepler 22b was this show and failure to do a season three started a chain reaction that lead to premise of the show. It's all quite ingenious.

The signal is this thread's anguish, echoing through the cosmos.

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Let’s all get nude,gold and t-pose in protest

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Xealot posted:

Campion is great. Just a nice kid, surrounded by insane people communing with murderous deities, trying to keep poo poo chill on this hell planet he lives on.

I loved when he was rescued from a swamp demon by the radiant figure of God and was so psyched he saw God and then about a day later he sees Grandmother and is like "oh that wasn't god, that was just dad's milkdoll". Perfectly well adjusted kid.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kinda fuckin’ sucks for Mother that she’s trapped in the Metaverse.

Hope she breaks out in a hypothesized season three and turns Grandmother into a Galapagos tortoise or something using melon juice.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Gonz posted:

This is called “Getting Zucked,” by the way.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
s2e2

goddamn it campeon, all you had to do was put one loving egg in one loving nest

goddamn it ragnar's wife, giving an assault rifle to this group of snotty, obnoxious teens is definitely going to end up pumped up kicks

goddamn it paul, are you being the whiny bitch this season?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gonz posted:

Hope she breaks out in a hypothesized season three and turns Grandmother into a Galapagos tortoise or something using melon juice.

I hope the third season just fast forwards ten million years until Mother wakes up and everybody but her and Grandmother is an acid frog.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

so should it have been renewed by now? feels like this is what you'd do if you weren't renewing it...just say nothing for as long as possible...

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Tucker Carlson secret Raised by Wolves fan?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Well he's a secret something...

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I pretty much hate every character in this show.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How could you hate mother and father

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Sorry, every human character.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Sorry, every human character.

Correct

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hating all the humans is a satisfying journey with good payoffs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

When that one girl referred to Father in her goodbye message as "Generic Service Model" I thought to myself,"Man I hope you get traumatized by... I don't know.... a faceless little girl robot Jason Vorhees or something...." and hark, Sol provided.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Do the fish people and creatures count as humans?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

CODChimera posted:

so should it have been renewed by now? feels like this is what you'd do if you weren't renewing it...just say nothing for as long as possible...

Well they haven't flat out said it's canceled yet, which would imply that there's some level of negotiations happening as to what season 3's budget would be.

Also Discovery just bought Warner so that could easily be muddying the waters as RBW isn't a subscriber driving mega smash hit and one milksnake scene costs more in vfx than a whole season of Property Brothers.

fake edit: I was joking but holy poo poo you don't actually get paid to be on that show. You have to front six figures to do your own renovation and then you get to keep some of the furniture. Lol that this network is now in charge of some of the most expensive television ever made.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
HBO/Discovery have their upfronts in just under a month. I assume if the show isn't renewed by then, then it's done.

Sometimes they save stuff up for the press buzz. Last year they announced about a dozen different new and returning shows, IIRC.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Time to organize a campaign to mail all the world’s dodecahedrons to HBO execs in an attempt to give this show another 2-3 seasons.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

News on RBW renewal delayed again as Discovery execs all turned into trees. Good news is that Attenborough scored another special about their biodiversity

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

How was Season 2 of this? I liked S1 but thought it went kinda wibbly toward the end, so I was holding off to see how S2 was received.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Phenotype posted:

How was Season 2 of this? I liked S1 but thought it went kinda wibbly toward the end, so I was holding off to see how S2 was received.
Depending on what you found wibbly you may not love it but the general consensus here is quite positive. Lots of wacky stuff to enjoy.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
I marathoned both seasons over the long weekend and S2 expanded on S1 pretty well. Tempest's plot line was the only loving annoying slog, she decides to try and sac the child to the acid waves by giving birth alone on the coast, gets the newborn kidnapped in the process and despairs over it, getting the family to search for it, then when it's found decides she doesn't actually want anything to do with it.

Also it's kinda dumb the relic cards are so plentiful, and the colonists have a way to view what is on them, but they all wanna replay Necromancer for the 100th time instead of viewing all the warnings the cards have to offer.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Kill All Cops posted:

I marathoned both seasons over the long weekend and S2 expanded on S1 pretty well. Tempest's plot line was the only loving annoying slog, she decides to try and sac the child to the acid waves by giving birth alone on the coast, gets the newborn kidnapped in the process and despairs over it, getting the family to search for it, then when it's found decides she doesn't actually want anything to do with it.

Man, I felt this was super accurate given the circumstances of the child's conception.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Open Source Idiom posted:

Man, I felt this was super accurate given the circumstances of the child's conception.

Who wouldn't want to have a baby with a Dark Souls NPC?

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I dunno, I watched my sister give a child up for adoption when she was 14 and Tempest’s emotional rollercoaster seemed pretty spot on.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Yeah, I didn't find absurd at all either

Tempest is my favorite character asking the "children"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Kill All Cops posted:

Also it's kinda dumb the relic cards are so plentiful, and the colonists have a way to view what is on them, but they all wanna replay Necromancer for the 100th time instead of viewing all the warnings the cards have to offer.

I think all the cards are broken except the one mother found last season and the one Markus found in the tunnel with the snake skin fella who turned into a dog after sniffing that tooth.