Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Old cigarette ads are so hilarious because of how hard they try to make smoking sound like a pleasurable experience.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Back in 1977 Evel Knievel made a terrible, terrible movie with a grip of famous people titled Viva Knievel!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgsAgxOrGss

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Yaldabaoth posted:

Old cigarette ads are so hilarious because of how hard they try to make smoking sound like a pleasurable experience.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Back in 1977 Evel Knievel made a terrible, terrible movie with a grip of famous people titled Viva Knievel!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgsAgxOrGss

That movie is so ridiculous. There's a Rifftrax for it.

It's great!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Camels is its own brand of hilarity due to the name if you assume the ads are referring to literal camels.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Yaldabaoth posted:

Camels is its own brand of hilarity due to the name if you assume the ads are referring to literal camels.

I like the line about throat irritation, what with the cancer and all.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I remember VR Troopers and the toys seriously looked like generic dollar store toys than official products. Just look at how bland and simple the packaging is.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Yeah, it's pretty weak compared to Kenner or Playmates toys. Those were always packed with extras and super awesome.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Lol at the sex-related captions on these covers.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Yaldabaoth posted:

When I smoked there was nothing better than to light up a camel after a nice dinner.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHkc83XA2dY

Kind of amazing how they took a digital copy of this film and almost got it to look like it was filmed using a modern camera.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I've posted a picture of this monstrosity before, but I'm doing it again anyway:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Yaldabaoth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHkc83XA2dY

Kind of amazing how they took a digital copy of this film and almost got it to look like it was filmed using a modern camera.

That footage is amazing. I saw it for the first time just a couple of weeks ago.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Everything was just so bouncy!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I've posted a picture of this monstrosity before, but I'm doing it again anyway:

I once confessed to really being wigged out by the Turbo Teen transformation scene, and my ex proceeded to make reference to it every time he could in conversation with our mutual friends just to try and make me uncomfortable. It worked, but just imagine an adult man in his mid-thirties shoehorning references to loving Turbo Teen into random conversations, and you may be able to see how I maintained those friendships and he didn't.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

I once confessed to really being wigged out by the Turbo Teen transformation scene, and my ex proceeded to make reference to it every time he could in conversation with our mutual friends just to try and make me uncomfortable. It worked, but just imagine an adult man in his mid-thirties shoehorning references to loving Turbo Teen into random conversations, and you may be able to see how I maintained those friendships and he didn't.

It is pretty unsettling.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The guy who wrote this comic was around for 10 issues and they all focused on messed-up real life stuff like this.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Yaldabaoth posted:

The guy who wrote this comic was around for 10 issues and they all focused on messed-up real life stuff like this.

Can't believe that even printed considering the comic code.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Post some other ones!

I mostly collect Marvel stuff because I love the Hulk and Spiderman and Howard the Duck, so I don't know DC comics super well, except for Black Lightning. I got rid of my childhood comic collection about 15 years ago during a terrible point in my life, and all I kept were Black Lightning, Kool Aid Man, Ralph Snart, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I started collecting comics again around the time I started this thread, and now I have too many of them for my tiny apartment, which is already stuffed full of books. I wish I had more space, but Bay Area housing costs are ridiculous, and I love Alameda so I wanna stay here as long as we live in California. It is a constant struggle to organize, because I have a ton of crazy crap!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Mark your calendars everyone!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
It's no Citizen Toxie, but it's a fun movie.