Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Groovelord Neato posted:

The suicide panel is amazing av material.

im p sure ive seen it before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mr. Meagles posted:

My 3rd grade teacher called me Short Round for the whole school year and at the time I thought it was cool because I liked Indiana Jones but that was pretty racist Mr. Terry

Were you a little fatso? Maybe it was unrelated to the film.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Jar Jar being born of unhappy marriage because George R's warrior waifu can't bear children is such a deep cut SW lore, goddamn

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
how about that hot gungan amazon though hubba hubba

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

for anyone who hasn't seen it:

https://imgur.com/gallery/Ip9dj

Lmfao

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

some Disney Content Manager read this and that was the tipping point to get every bit of EU content declared non-canon

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Jar Jar's budget-Captain Ahab dad trying to blow his brains out because his son is so loving annoying is the funniest goddamn thing I've ever seen

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

ahahaha what the fuuuck. there's also some prime AV material all over, and not only the gun to the head panel.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
My avatar is the face I made reading that.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
George R accepting his fate in that final still is just :discourse:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
They finally dropped a full trailer for Shin Ultraman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XK23KGM-eA

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

I never watch these movies. What do all the soap opera-tier actors do for what I assume is 90% of the runtime in between kaiju fights?

Do they know the big robot man?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Gripweed posted:

gently caress. YEAH.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The music is so loving bad in the Ultraman trailer what were they thinking.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
There should be a RLM & WHM... something

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the jar jar comic was by tony millionaire right? he does good poo poo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

There should be a RLM & WHM... something

8 fat guy royal rumble

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

PostNouveau posted:

I never watch these movies. What do all the soap opera-tier actors do for what I assume is 90% of the runtime in between kaiju fights?

Do they know the big robot man?

In this case the people are mostly from the SSSP, the organization dedicated to dealing with monsters and aliens and the like. Unbeknownst to them one of their own, Shin Hayata, is host to an alien from Nebula M78, the Land of Light, Ultraman! When Earth is faced with a crisis the SSSP and their mysterious ally Ultraman work together to protect the planet.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Ok someone send the Wookiepedia page of Jar Jar to Mike and tell him to read it at Rich Evans

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like how the CGI in that trailer (and in Shin Godzilla) is clearly not janky but still feels wildly more aggressive than CGI that probably costs ten times as much as they paid for it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
The monsters you saw in the trailer were Neronga: The Invisible Monster, a monster that eats electricity and can go invisible. And Gabora: The Uranium Monster, a monster that eats uranium and can burrow underground with it's drill head

The alien was Alien Zarab: the Vicious Alien, a master of deception and illusion. There was a second alien in the trailer but I won't spoil it for people who don't know.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

Holy poo poo I'm dying

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Wendigee posted:

Jesus Christ lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I watched the No. 1 movie on Netflix "Choose or Die" about a video game ~~~that kills people~~~

It's the dumbest poo poo in the world

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
so jar jar is canonically mentally retarded given that his parents talk normal

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah that looks like someone doing a bit amazing that it was an officially published tale.
This has to be a bit....that reads like a parody

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Looking forward to the jar jar dad suicide flashback episode in Boba Fett season 2 setting up spin off series for jar jar, mum Binks, barren commando slut, the whale thing, the lobster jar jar made out with, the sea serpent that lost a bit of its spine, and, of course, the suicide gun.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

lmfao. hell I bet old George himself signed off on it, he doesn't give a gently caress

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Thank you for this

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Gripweed posted:

:hellyeah:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

George R. Binks origin story Disney series when

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

kalel posted:

lmfao. hell I bet old George himself signed off on it, he doesn't give a gently caress

It's almost admirable in a way how little of a gently caress Georgie gives about star wars

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

George R. Binks origin story Disney series when

someone i would actually watch from the star wars universe lol... just jar jar loving up over and over again while his normal dad tries to kill himself

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Both George Lucas and George R. Binks have the same first name, George. It must mean something.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
you may notice that "george r." and "jar jar" are homophones.

as though the son is george r. binks junior but he can't say his own name

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I showed my friend the comic, and he said "waht, i thought jar jar binks was a secret sith lord and just pretending to be a moron"

I was like "no loving way... this comic is canon"... then i googled it....

what the gently caress:
George Lucas has reportedly stated that Jar Jar Binks was originally intended to be an undercover Sith Lord
https://insidethemagic.net/2021/10/...e%27s%20shadow.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

just rewatched Eastern Promises and I realized for the first time that
Semyon had Nikolai tattooed to save his fail son by sending in him to die in Kirril's place place.. no idea how i missed that... drat im dumb

i also didn't realize it was a Cronenberg movie... how did i miss that with the insane amount of rubber flesh leaking blood lol

uhhh 5/5 awesome movie

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 18, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
One of George Lucas' best qualities is he loves to gently caress with people who care about canon.

Jon Stewart once asked him where Obi-Wan is from, and Lucas said "He's from Stewjon. It's officially canon."

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

lol even he hates his "fans"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
he just has a sense of humor, and idiots that think """canon""" is something that matters at all get rolled by it