Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

A combination of Sinclair taking a massive bath on buying a bunch of regional sports networks right before the pandemic hit and making sure the bid was well over whatever WWE might offer to buy out the tape library on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Manwithastick posted:

What makes ROH worth its (rumoured) 40 million price tag? Surely it’s tape library isn’t on its own?

I haven't seen a reliable report that it was sold for 40 million.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Who is the tallest person to have a decent match? Is it a tie between Nash and Taker?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Defenestrategy posted:

Who is the tallest person to have a decent match? Is it a tie between Nash and Taker?

No More BS Paul Wight

Even Khali had a decent match with Cena, so I guess he's the actual answer but No More BS has had a bunch of actual good matches in his career.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I forgot Tall Paul has had some decent matches.

MassRafTer posted:

Even Khali had a decent match with Cena

Which match? If it's even half way passably interesting then there is an argument for John Cena being the greatest wrestler of all time. Khali as far as I could tell from what I remember didn't bump, had like three moves outside of his finish and one being a rest hold, and was as close to immobile as you could be and still be employed by a wrestling company.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Defenestrategy posted:

I forgot Tall Paul has had some decent matches.

Which match? If it's even half way passably interesting then there is an argument for John Cena being the greatest wrestler of all time. Khali as far as I could tell from what I remember didn't bump, had like three moves outside of his finish and one being a rest hold, and was as close to immobile as you could be and still be employed by a wrestling company.

I think it's Judgement Day 07. I wouldn't say it's good. It's definitely better than bad if I remember right. I think decent describes it.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

My friend got another friend a Cameo from Khali once to apologize for eating his pizza. Khali said “Johnny is very sorry for eating your pizza” and it was great. Five stars. Would Cameo again.

In conclusion The Great Khali is good.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Defenestrategy posted:

Andre?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Raja Lion?

Also, I will not stand for this Giant Baba erasure.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I've not seen many Andre matches, but the ones I have seen are at the end of his run where dude was basically Khali, except could actually Draw.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 18, 2022

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Defenestrategy posted:

I've not seen many Andre matches, but the ones I have seen are at this end of his run where dude was basically Khali, except could actually Draw.

https://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00036_2_1

This one is pretty great if you have NJPW World

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I remember enjoying the Oddities vs. KAI EN TAI match but something tells me if I went back and watched it now I would not, in fact, be impressed with Giant Silva's performance

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

No More BS is taller!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm gonna go with Big Show for consistently having watchable matches and not being totally carried by the other guy.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I think it's Judgement Day 07. I wouldn't say it's good. It's definitely better than bad if I remember right. I think decent describes it.

Just watched the match and it's alright. Cena bumps his rear end off, Khali even takes a few moves, and the finish is alright. As a match someone paid for it's not good, but if it was a RAW or Smackdown main event it would have been fine and I wouldn't have hated it.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Paul Wight was really agile for his size in his younger years.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Shaq is an inch taller than Paul and he had a decent match.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Sandman McMahon posted:

My friend got another friend a Cameo from Khali once to apologize for eating his pizza. Khali said “Johnny is very sorry for eating your pizza” and it was great. Five stars. Would Cameo again.

In conclusion The Great Khali is good.

He’s one of the greatest wrestlers to ever commit manslaughter

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

In the context of wrestlers who committed a known murder, Khali's not as good a wrestler as Benoit, Jimmy Snuka or Vince McMahon

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

don't forget Shibata

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I think the Undertaker had Muhammed Hassan murdered.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Scott Hall killed a guy.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
https://youtu.be/9hnN5oF-WUc

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

Haha yeah Khali ruled

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Verne Gagne is probably the saddest wrestling killer. Suffering from Alzheimer’s in his 80s, he was in a nursing home and got in a fight with another old man and killed him but had no idea what he did because of dementia.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

harley race basically murdered his pregnant wife right after their wedding because he was a habitually insane driver i think

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Golden Bee posted:

eh probably a few tiers below kensuke sasaki

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I was wondering when someone would mention Sasaki.

Super No Vacancy posted:

harley race basically murdered his pregnant wife right after their wedding because he was a habitually insane driver i think
There's no proof as far as I know, but he has a history of car accidents and was found at fault for injuring people while drunk-driving his boat.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

I was wondering when someone would mention Sasaki.

There's no proof as far as I know, but he has a history of car accidents and was found at fault for injuring people while drunk-driving his boat.

Yeah, there's multiple stories of younger wrestlers being his beer guy while he's driving by car or boat, handing him a fresh opened can of beer whenever he runs out. At least Vader and... CM Punk, was it?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Harley tazed owen hart for eating too much chili at a cookout which isn't necessarily part of his drunk driving record but is imo notable

E:
Sorry it was for using condiments incorrectly

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Suleman posted:

Yeah, there's multiple stories of younger wrestlers being his beer guy while he's driving by car or boat, handing him a fresh opened can of beer whenever he runs out. At least Vader and... CM Punk, was it?

Punk was actually driving the car in his story - Harley was barfing out of the back window.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Harley was a fast driver unless you told him to drive the limit, then he'd do it.

But his natural inclination was to drive fast as hell.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Why was Dan Maff blackballed from wrestling in the 00s ? He had a falling out with Homicide?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think the rumor was some kind of thing with a female family member of homicide's?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

i think the rumor was some kind of thing with a female family member of homicide's?

An underage one.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

projecthalaxy posted:

Harley tazed owen hart for eating too much chili at a cookout which isn't necessarily part of his drunk driving record but is imo notable

E:
Sorry it was for using condiments incorrectly

This ribbing tough guy bullshit always sucks. Except when it's Owen his ribs are always great and getting Tazed by Harley Race is amazing.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Why did Bobby Heenan and Tony Schiavone hate each other?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Bobby was drunk on the job all the time. And Tony was apparently a dick to him when Bobby wanted to do an on air tribute to Gorilla Monsoon.

Although listening to old Nitro commentary, Bobby spends a lot of time trolling Tony, who was actually quite humourless and easy to wind up.

So a clash of personalities.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The way Tony tells it he was all for Bobby talking about Gorilla, he simply asked Bobby if he had cleared it with Bisch and Bobby took it the wrong way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MassRafTer posted:

An underage one.

If the rumours are true it's sure a weird choice for Homicide to make up enough to have tagged with him and wrestled him several times a decade later.