Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

https://twitter.com/Biedersam/status/1515363044293058570

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smr
Dec 18, 2002

Groovelord Neato posted:

But it's clearly geo and cities put together.

Genuinely thought it was “geocity”, a concept akin to velocity or something. Lodged in my head when I first saw it and I’ve never been able to pry it out.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

People really do seem like they are driving like complete psychopaths now to the point where I am wondering if in the future we are going to find out covid causes some lead-poising style brain damage to people.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do people enjoy the segments where they read awful opinion articles from the times or whatever and argue with them?

That’s like their main thing

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

People really do seem like they are driving like complete psychopaths now to the point where I am wondering if in the future we are going to find out covid causes some lead-poising style brain damage to people.

people have always driven dumb as gently caress in every state, city, and country and to say otherwise is Baader-Meinhof phenomenon and/or confirmation bias.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

people have always driven dumb as gently caress in every state, city, and country and to say otherwise is Baader-Meinhof phenomenon and/or confirmation bias.

the scariest place i've ever driven was in southern massachusetts. i've also driven in mexico, peru and nigeria

it's crazy to me that this is true. just don't get hit by an f250 backing out of a space

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

pthalates

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do people enjoy the segments where they read awful opinion articles from the times or whatever and argue with them?

i like listening to the chapos talk about the gaggle of article writers that they are somehow intimately familiar with. like rod dreher or megan mcardle, people i never even heard of before.

its like, theres this whole group of people writing all these political articles and then another group of people who are familiar enough with their writing to do media criticism about them

its interesting, like im peeking into a world i was never aware of before

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i read the paper a lot as a kid because i'm not normal, so george will and charles krauthammer will forever be in my mind

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

it does

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I heard from an aunt that it shrinks your brain

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

i say swears online posted:

i read the paper a lot as a kid because i'm not normal, so george will and charles krauthammer will forever be in my mind

Yeah, a lot of the reason I started listening to chapo was because I knew who Matt Y. or whoever was, and so it was cathartic to hear them rip into some terrible article because none of my friends would willingly eat the lead paint with me.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
We’ve already got oodles and oodles of data that indicates that various strains of COVID just mulches your brains cognitive reaction time and hampers your ability to form new memories. Doesn’t effect everyone equally (although vaccines do tend to help in pretty much every case) but yes totally, we’re already seeing a generation of people who are dumber and more mentally susceptible to damage as a result of COVID.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

We’ve already got oodles and oodles of data that indicates that various strains of COVID just mulches your brains cognitive reaction time and hampers your ability to form new memories. Doesn’t effect everyone equally (although vaccines do tend to help in pretty much every case) but yes totally, we’re already seeing a generation of people who are dumber and more mentally susceptible to damage as a result of COVID.

Just continuing the job Lead Paint started.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Yeah has America banned those yet or are you still giving your children endocrinal poisoning

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
We're bimbofying the population as fast as we can. It's our only hope against the legions of $300,000 pickup trucks covered in Punisher stickers.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Bust Rodd posted:

Maybe we’ll get another generation of serial killers. Which is desperately needed to prevent the true crime industry from collapsing.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

i say swears online posted:

the scariest place i've ever driven was in southern massachusetts. i've also driven in mexico, peru and nigeria

it's crazy to me that this is true. just don't get hit by an f250 backing out of a space

Us tejas drivers are just built different

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Us tejas drivers are just built different

Me and my wife moved to Austin recently and the way I’ve been describing the drivers is they aren’t assholes, they’re just oblivious to everything.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Me and my wife moved to Austin recently and the way I’ve been describing the drivers is they aren’t assholes, they’re just oblivious to everything.

Could be worse. Could be houston!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The_Rob posted:

that's because everyone you saw also moved there recently

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Washington drivers being super aggressive when Oregon drivers aren't has always confused me

Texas drivers are also generally bad but in a way you expect

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

scientists are finding that the film idiocracy, once considered a satirical comedy, is quickly becoming a documentary

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/rkylesmith/status/1515291808628097030?s=20&t=hiMkEelmHb1KOTui2pvszQ

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
who?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mayo Pete hosed up again

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Is that the hockey guy

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You know, Don lemon, the sex assaulter

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
You just need to let Don stream while drunk. Maybe hook him up with some diesel jeans and Adderall.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
There's a CNN+?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

not for long

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Who the gently caress looks at the 24/7 news cycle and thinks “yeah I actually need even more content than that, I need multiple concurrent news aggregates funneling into separate eyes , that’s how much I loving love the news”

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Who the gently caress looks at the 24/7 news cycle and thinks “yeah I actually need even more content than that, I need multiple concurrent news aggregates funneling into separate eyes , that’s how much I loving love the news”

I need to know who’s talking to Chris Wallace!

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Bust Rodd posted:

The GODDAMN news.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I was listening to a podcast earlier today and one of the hosts pointed out that a lot of the ‘exclusive’ content for CNN+ is already on HBO Max

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/rascalr1/status/1515403397373038594?s=21&t=gaI2YvTve6DgjyYQ4nUOIw

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Someone might have a better memory than me but was there any point that any of the ALAB folks were on Chapo? I thought there was but I couldn't find anything.

Also, if you haven't listened to ALAB it's a good podcast.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I enjoyed the recent episode a lot. I don't think there's any neighbourhood in the country where you could pick 8 conservative men and not get any frothing Trumpian conspiracy theorists, so it was all just contemptible bullshit that's fun to hate on.

I'm about the same age as Will, the War On Terror was my big political turning point, and I thought I was really into politics. But I was never enough of an articlehead to read faux-intellectual garbage like The Weekly Standard or follow warbloggers like Kim Du Troit.

Speaking of Du Troit, the focus group reminded me of him, and how he's walking proof that these conservatives are all enormous crybabies. They think any situation they're not being catered to is persecution. Oh wow, you have to hold your tongue because you know your opinion is in the minority and you don't want to catch hell for it? Welcome to real life.

It does feel to me like driving has gotten worse. Some people seem angry and rude, others just oblivious. My spouse's theory is that more people, especially old people, are driving around hosed up on prescription drugs. Maybe it's just because there were fewer cars on the road when the pandemic was at its worst. I can't say I get a hostile vibe from people on the street, though. I recently went back to the same commuting route I had 10 years ago, and if anything, people on the bus/sidewalk are more polite than they were then.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

dreffen posted:

Someone might have a better memory than me but was there any point that any of the ALAB folks were on Chapo? I thought there was but I couldn't find anything.

Also, if you haven't listened to ALAB it's a good podcast.

They went on true anon but have not gone on chapo. They'd be great guests and ALAB fuckin rules

Also they're getting sued by "Coach" from ep 8 so I wonder if that's why they haven't published anything in a while lol

either that or charles killed it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Part of CNN+ is a reading series, but hosted by Jake Tapper.