Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

You might need a contract with creative control to change your gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Elephant Ambush posted:

So I started a career in Wrestling Empire with one of the premade characters and after my first match someone stole my gear and wanted me to pay them to get it back. I told them no thinking I'd be able to buy new clothes later but I haven't seen any way to spend money at all in this game.

I don't really care about wrestling in my underwear because it's funny but is there a way to spend money? Whenever I click Gimmick between matches it greys everything out. Do I need to advance the story to a certain point or go somewhere in the city?

You can jump back to the main menu and change it right away, or since it's a storyline thing you have to wait like a month in game to be able to edit again. Anytime you are forced to use new music, new clothes or a gimmick, it'll grey them out for a certain amount of time so you can't just go and change it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Regrettable posted:

You might need a contract with creative control to change your gimmick.

Haha that's so weird because MDickie changed my name from Cathedral to Mathew Mopkin or some poo poo, even after I told him I didn't want a name change.

I'm just going to keep playing and see what happens. This is a lot of fun and all kinds of incredibly stupid poo poo happens all the time.

Probably the funniest thing I've seen so far is when I decided to go wandering around backstage and into the city. There are multiple championship belts just laying around on the ground in the middle of the streets and in the gutters. Absolutely hilarious.

Dr. Zoggle posted:

You can jump back to the main menu and change it right away, or since it's a storyline thing you have to wait like a month in game to be able to edit again. Anytime you are forced to use new music, new clothes or a gimmick, it'll grey them out for a certain amount of time so you can't just go and change it.

OK thanks. Something changes on my character after almost every match so that probably explains it.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Dr. Zoggle posted:

Anytime you are forced to use new music, new clothes or a gimmick, it'll grey them out for a certain amount of time so you can't just go and change it.

It must not apply to names, because earlier this week Paul Heyman forced my Kane to change his name to “Kaneyon” and I immediately went out to change it. :rip:

My tag partner Big E suggested we wear matching gear and that was a big hell yeah.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Usually a mandated change can't be adjusted until you leave that company/get a new contract with creative control/etc

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Angry_Ed posted:

Usually a mandated change can't be adjusted until you leave that company/get a new contract with creative control/etc

I don’t expect straightforward mechanics in an MDickie game, but “Creative Control” is so hit and miss IME.

Is there a cheat code on Switch to open all characters? I’ve been playing off and on since release and still have gaps.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Fly Ricky posted:

I don’t expect straightforward mechanics in an MDickie game, but “Creative Control” is so hit and miss IME.

Is there a cheat code on Switch to open all characters? I’ve been playing off and on since release and still have gaps.

There's an option for all except the Legends, IIRC.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I know this is not original at all but I made Mike Haggar and most of his moves and lariats, splashes, and piledrivers. This game is tons of fun even when I lose.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Antitonic posted:

There's an option for all except the Legends, IIRC.

I looked it up and if you assign everyone in your current promotion to “Legends” it populates yours with new talent. Simulate the matches and it’s a quick process.

Now I need to figure out how to somehow pull all of the MDickie originals out of action. No way I’m making 30-40 CAWs out of them.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Fly Ricky posted:

I looked it up and if you assign everyone in your current promotion to “Legends” it populates yours with new talent. Simulate the matches and it’s a quick process.

Now I need to figure out how to somehow pull all of the MDickie originals out of action. No way I’m making 30-40 CAWs out of them.

There's a list of who the CAWS are supposed to be https://mdickie.fandom.com/wiki/Wrestling_Empire_Roster and I just went through and changed the names and costumes slightly.

The costumes are mostly correct, some just need a color change. If you're doing it on switch it's a pain in the rear end because I'm not sure the Switch supports external keyboards and manually typing out the names with a controller sucks.

The few Mdickie originals floating around I either left as is or turned them into original characters.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

joylessdivision posted:

If you're doing it on switch it's a pain in the rear end because I'm not sure the Switch supports external keyboards and manually typing out the names with a controller sucks.

you can use a wired keyboard while docked via USB but that may be only certain software. it works for animal crossing at least

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

joylessdivision posted:

The few Mdickie originals floating around I either left as is or turned them into original characters.

I just realized that by using the same trick and putting them in “Legends” they won’t populate career mode and stuff.

There are quite few MDickie originals even using guides. Haven’t counted but I’m sure there are >30.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Yeah there's quite a few originals in the game, 30+ sounds right. I use those slot to make AEW folks.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Fly Ricky posted:

I just realized that by using the same trick and putting them in “Legends” they won’t populate career mode and stuff.

There are quite few MDickie originals even using guides. Haven’t counted but I’m sure there are >30.

Be aware that if you play career mode long enough, people in the legends section get recycled into new wrestlers periodically. It's why the "back-up roster" option is there.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Is there a way to book your own gimmick matches in the latest edition of wrestling empire in career mode? I can challenge people when I have creative control, but I want to challenge people to matches where dynamite is strewn all around the ring.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

punchdaily posted:

Be aware that if you play career mode long enough, people in the legends section get recycled into new wrestlers periodically. It's why the "back-up roster" option is there.

Thank you! I just stuffed 42 MDickie creations (if you count himself and Conrad Thompson) into Legends and want to keep them there.

edit: scratch that, found a bunch more and have hit the roster limit of 48. Guess I’ll do some CAW stuff.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Apr 18, 2022

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Winning the intended way in Wrestling Empire is hard. I can take someone down to 0 stamina and 0 whatever the yellow bar is, hit them with a powerbomb or piledriver, and they'll still kick out at 2. I get most of my wins from cheesing countouts and while that's kinda fun I also don't want to win that way every time.

Any tips for winning in ways that aren't a countout?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

Winning the intended way in Wrestling Empire is hard. I can take someone down to 0 stamina and 0 whatever the yellow bar is, hit them with a powerbomb or piledriver, and they'll still kick out at 2. I get most of my wins from cheesing countouts and while that's kinda fun I also don't want to win that way every time.

Any tips for winning in ways that aren't a countout?

I say this with all sincerity:

Murder them. Just best the poo poo out of your opponents. Injure them if needed. They should have basically no health meter or mostly red.

Weapons generally don't cause DQ's outside the ring so feel free to beat them with whatever is handy. Then get em back in the ring, hit your finisher on them twice to make sure they stay down and pin them.

It's not easy, especially when your stats are kinda low early on, so you have to really fight like hell. Or cheese your stats in the editor and come back to career with a 100 across the board (then watch it slowly deteriorate)

But for non-stat cheesing, consider attempted murder lol.

This strategy may end with you killing various members of the roster, but thats Empire baby!

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Become friends with the ref and they'll give you fast counts, but yeah mostly murder.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

beggar posted:

Become friends with the ref and they'll give you fast counts, but yeah mostly murder.

Wait really?! I had no idea you could do that lol. I have always relied on attempted murder as my solution to wining matches. please do not ask about my bodycount at this point, it's probably high

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I do the weapons stuff all the time. Throw them to the outside, beat the down to no health with weapons, and then if they don't get counted out I try to pin them. I have to try like 80 times before it works.

I guess maybe it's an early game stats thing and since I don't care about losing I never quit and restart.

I've only been able to injure someone once and it was totally random. I have a move that basically powerbombs them over the top rope to the outside and I've done it successfully maybe a dozen times but it only ever caused once injury (flashing red health bar).

I guess I just need to power up by winning more.

What's the best way to heal? The only thing I can do is lay down on the floor backstage. Going to a bed always seems to make me miss my match call time.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

joylessdivision posted:

Wait really?! I had no idea you could do that lol. I have always relied on attempted murder as my solution to wining matches. please do not ask about my bodycount at this point, it's probably high

I laughed super hard when the NewLegacy boys used Andrew Everett to break Kofi's neck and then felt super awkward about it wondering if they should tell Creed.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Is there any way to mod the menu music in the Steam version of Empire? I really dislike the rap one.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I accidentally murdered Bryan Danielson today :rip:

Wasn't even trying. Just yeeted him out of the ring and after the match he peaced out I guess.

Meanwhile, I can't murder any of the people I'm intentionally trying to murder.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Elephant Ambush posted:

I accidentally murdered Bryan Danielson today :rip:

Wasn't even trying. Just yeeted him out of the ring and after the match he peaced out I guess.

Meanwhile, I can't murder any of the people I'm intentionally trying to murder.

Tiger Mask slipped off of the turnbuckle and landed on his loving head outside of the ring for me. I was actually completely innocent but the owner demanded I pay funeral costs.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Stupid question, but this game has almost zero UI: in "Booking" mode how do I start a match without being a part of it? It just sits there with my controller on the screen waiting to choose someone.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fly Ricky posted:

Stupid question, but this game has almost zero UI: in "Booking" mode how do I start a match without being a part of it? It just sits there with my controller on the screen waiting to choose someone.

Pressing B on your controller at that point should start the match as all-CPU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Fly Ricky posted:

Ahh, thanks. "B" button sneakily solves a lot of problems in this game.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hoss Corncave posted:

Is there any way to mod the menu music in the Steam version of Empire? I really dislike the rap one.

Are you not interested in keeping it hard core???

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

i would be incredibly surprised if the music isn't just .wavs or .mp3 in a folder. i think that's how it was for older mdickie wrestling games

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Testekill posted:

Tiger Mask slipped off of the turnbuckle and landed on his loving head outside of the ring for me. I was actually completely innocent but the owner demanded I pay funeral costs.

MDickie games rule so much

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

i would be incredibly surprised if the music isn't just .wavs or .mp3 in a folder. i think that's how it was for older mdickie wrestling games
Wrestling Empire uses a new engine (Unity), so sadly that's not how it works.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/1516461630456045569?s=20&t=HSm8pP1DYxe9gL5yu6RlAg

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

The Kins posted:

Wrestling Empire uses a new engine (Unity), so sadly that's not how it works.

:negative:

our most popular requests, and also the NXT 2.0 arena

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

THE TAG TITLES WEREN'T INCLUDED?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Shard posted:

THE TAG TITLES WEREN'T INCLUDED?

Tag titles are in the game, I think they just couldn't be contested in the GM mode.

Which is also amazing, but not quite as amazing as "left out entirely."

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Finally I can play in the NXT 2.0 Arena.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wonder why they called it the nxt 2.0 arena and not the capital wrestling center

also lol at these features coming what 8 weeks after release

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Does anyone play Wrestling Empire on the Switch? Is it worth it, or is it missing any features compared to playing it on a PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder why they called it the nxt 2.0 arena and not the capital wrestling center

also lol at these features coming what 8 weeks after release

If you had a bug that prevents including the tag team titles, it’s probably deep in your code and it’s gonna take a while to correct it without breaking something else. If it was just “tag team titles == true“ then it would’ve been in the main game.