Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
The picture the bbc has used of priti patel for the latest iteraction of the Rwanda story. lol but not lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The picture the bbc has used of priti patel for the latest iteraction of the Rwanda story. lol but not lol.

It's not like they could find a picture of her where she wasn't smirking over her latest act of evil.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I used one of those places once and it's definitely a novel experience but gently caress me it's both stupidly expensive and has an incredibly limited selection (in particular basically only one thing of each type), presumably because otherwise the bloke watching cctv in the Philippines SPECIAL MAGIC AI might not be able to make out what you're picking up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS9U3Gc832Y

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JoeCoxEastLDN/status/1516047839738085381

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Both parties in the US have been doing this for years, so yeah they most definitely are

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Saves them a bit of cash because they can just reuse all the ones they're getting due to their upcoming insolvency.

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Saw this in Richmond and immediately thought "if it sucks hit da bricks" and realised I'm perhaps a bit too online

Did they figure out a way to do this without people just making extremely simple electromagnets that break the sensors on the way out.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Isn't garlic sauce just mayo made with (some) garlic oil?

Garlic oil? Sounds like a recipe for botulism

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

therattle posted:

Garlic oil? Sounds like a recipe for botulism

That's not the recipe for steak & kidney pie?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Isn't garlic sauce just mayo made with (some) garlic oil?

Roasted garlic cloves mashed up into mayonnaise. It's the poo poo.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Disproportionation posted:

Did they figure out a way to do this without people just making extremely simple electromagnets that break the sensors on the way out.

Yes, it doesn't use exit sensors.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I thought it weighed the shelves or something?

Actually I'm not even sure if I thought that or someone else did and I thought that was dumb instead.

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 18, 2022

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

I bought some Shawarma here in Ottawa (pretty much what they call kebabs here, I think it's Lebanese here rather than Turkish etc. - also we got veggie stuff, because I'm vegetarian, but I digress..) and ordered some "strong garlic sauce" to go with it.

What was sent was, as far as I could tell, literally just minced garlic in a very small amount of oil.

I like a good garlicky sauce but that's just too much.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Actually I'm not even sure if I thought that or someone else did and I thought that was dumb instead.

They do all of the things. They have weight sensors on the shelves, cameras everywhere that visually recognise when items are put into your trolley, and also (I think optionally?) special trolleys that have (I think) RFID sensors and also weight sensors.

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 18, 2022

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It uses a load of cameras plus shelf weight to track when a product is removed/replaced and who did it.

So if you’re short and someone gets something off a high shelf for you, they would get charged.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPZdWuOPaHY&t=72s

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Had this garlic sauce in Romania which had a horse-raddishy spice to it. You'd feel its in your nostrils and every time you took another sip if your drink.

It was loving quality.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Sounds mint.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Nah, very different flavour

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Making Yorkshire puddings, very concerned that they might suck because my oven can't get really hot. Will they rise eventually or have I just succeeded in making some small greasy pancakes?

Edit : yass

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 18, 2022

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

WhatEvil posted:

I bought some Shawarma here in Ottawa (pretty much what they call kebabs here, I think it's Lebanese here rather than Turkish etc. - also we got veggie stuff, because I'm vegetarian, but I digress..) and ordered some "strong garlic sauce" to go with it.

What was sent was, as far as I could tell, literally just minced garlic in a very small amount of oil.

Used to regularly get my lunch from a falafel stand in Hendon that would completely smear the inside of the pita bread with pure mashed garlic if you asked, before pouring tahini and humous on top.

Absolutely godlike

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

keep punching joe posted:

Making Yorkshire puddings, very concerned that they might suck because my oven can't get really hot. Will they rise eventually or have I just succeeded in making some small greasy pancakes?

Edit : yass

Those look awesome.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
today's schadenfreude of the day: this article in which various hospitality business owners complain about how they absolutely can't get enough staff no matter how hard they try no we can't offer people more money don't be ridiculous

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
A while back someone here posted a link to a new parent thread on the forums, does anyone have that link handy? I need to start having some fellow 4-month-old baby haver chat instead of feeling like I'm winging it every day...

edit: I've tried using the search function but I can never get it to be of any bloody use.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Kin posted:

edit: I've tried using the search function but I can never get it to be of any bloody use.

Have you considered legal action?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Kin posted:

A while back someone here posted a link to a new parent thread on the forums, does anyone have that link handy? I need to start having some fellow 4-month-old baby haver chat instead of feeling like I'm winging it every day...

As long as they’re fed and you’re fed, gently caress off anything else. You’ll never get rid of the winging it feeling though.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Kin posted:

link to a new parent thread on the forums

there's a parenting thread for actual parenting stuff and a cspam parents thread for when you want to talk about the joys of painstakingly wiping poop out from babbys individual nutsack folds

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Kin posted:

feeling like I'm winging it every day...

Buddy, welcome to the human condition.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Angrymog posted:

Those look awesome.

Thanks, they actually turned out good after I cranked the gas up.

Cursed conference

https://twitter.com/SBF_FTX/status/1515004787120652291?t=GKhWnDqm2E-gxkPqzXHqsQ

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Those are some loving nice looking yorkies. Got good gravy to fill them with? They are one of the few genuine British foods that my American partner is OK with.

She remains very unconvinced by pork pies and scones.

I still need to make her toad in the hole...

So anyway, our painter canceled on us last minute. As a result we got to spend the entire day (after a quick trip to wicks in a taxi for supplies) mist coating the kitchen, yay. I'm absolutely knackered, and also very glad that bepanthen acts as a guard against paint splash for a healing tattoo!

I am now drinking rum and coke in bed. Tomorrow maybe they start work on fitting the kitchen. I'm getting real good at cooking things on the bbq tho. We made a chocolate brownie and even managed to roast potatoes and make a pot of tea!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How on god's green earth can someone not like scones.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah wtf

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Like even if you don't like specific varieties, an aversion to the concept of a dough with other things in it is very strange.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Mebh posted:

(after a quick trip to wicks in a taxi for supplies)

Have you ever considered getting your own car?

OwlFancier posted:

scones are a waste of my time

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Kin posted:

Oh-ho! I have a 6mo so feel free to ask me anything and I'll pass the question on to me from 2 months ago. I think there's a couple other super new parents here too.

(I didn't care much for the parenting thread tbh, a lot of the chat didn't seem relevant)

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Oh-ho! I have a 6mo so feel free to ask me anything and I'll pass the question on to me from 2 months ago. I think there's a couple other super new parents here too.

(I didn't care much for the parenting thread tbh, a lot of the chat didn't seem relevant)
Yeah there's a bunch of us (mine's 6 month too :)). Lurked the parenting thread before the big day, never really felt like posting tho as it's mostly a chat thread, & I'm too old to start out in a new chat thread.

However, if someone wanted to start a UKMT parent chat thing I'd be down :)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Now you have me wondering if everyone being locked up in 2020/21 just meant you all started shagging and there is some sort of quarantine baby boom happening.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I'm posting this with my 7 week old daughter sleeping on my chest, and my three year old sleeping upstairs.

You never don't feel like you're winging it. In any aspect of life. I still basically feel like I'm a 20yo student, just blearily making it up as I go along until someone finds out and puts a stop to it.

Best and most concise advice I ever had about parenthood was just 'be present, and be kind'. I think if you can achieve that, then your kids will probably turn out pretty well.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

OwlFancier posted:

Now you have me wondering if everyone being locked up in 2020/21 just meant you all started shagging and there is some sort of quarantine baby boom happening.
Actually I remember joking in early lockdown that Boris might actually get his Brexit baby boom he was briefly wanking on about, because everyone was home all the time & there was a condom shortage. But the stats show that births went down, turns out most people feel pretty bleak about the future & don't feel like reproducing.

Sure as gently caress shooting up on these forums though, hoping that's reflective of the left in general. Zoomer2.0 looking pretty woke

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

The Perfect Element posted:

I'm posting this with my 7 week old daughter sleeping on my chest, and my three year old sleeping upstairs.

You never don't feel like you're winging it. In any aspect of life. I still basically feel like I'm a 20yo student, just blearily making it up as I go along until someone finds out and puts a stop to it.

Best and most concise advice I ever had about parenthood was just 'be present, and be kind'. I think if you can achieve that, then your kids will probably turn out pretty well.
aww I miss that bit :) ours will still have a cwtch with me (& only me, she has far higher demands of her mum) when I'm too tired to be fun dad, but the very early just having a baby chilling on your chest the whole time was lovely. & yeah Just Wing It All The Time is the best advice imo, but I'm confident enough in the correctness of it that it doesn't even feel like winging any more. Nobody knows your kid better than you do, so just go with your gut on everything, far better hit rate than thinking literally ever. Or reading books, or listening to other people talking authoritatively about it, therein lies madness.

Also "smoke a weed & watch In the Night Garden" is fantastic parenting advice, highly recommended. Even if ur not a parent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Always up for parenting-chat, although right now I have a seven-year-old nursing a broken arm so maybe do the opposite of my advice.