Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It's on the party lists in CC, but is there a way to tell in Frontlines whether or not an enemy has LB ready? I swear I get focused down more when I have an LB ready to go even if there are juicier-looking targets between me and the blob of baddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Reaper has the fun ability to fear people off the cliff at mid in Borderland Ruins with its LB but it's probably the worst melee DPS yeah.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Reaper fear can win cc overtime if it can fear away the enemy team off the crystal. A little niche, but I have annoyingly lost to that more than once.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bell_ posted:

That's bullshit! That was one of my favorite segments of the game, and what I looked forward to doing the most during previous Praetoriums.

It's still in they just took out the cutscene and setup you had to do before it.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

RPR, BLM and GNB desperately need buffs, while WHM and WAR need nerfs. MNK could also be looked at.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Dancer has a potentially really impactful LB but then feels like they aren't doing a whole lot outside of that. I suppose the AoE damage from their spin dance is fairly high if you can actually catch people in the whole thing.

I've very much been preferring Bard though.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Gunbreaker needs something for sure. It does a lot more damage than the other tanks in DPS stance but its survivability while doing so is awful, and its healing/personal shields while in Junction Tank/Healer don't really make up for lacking crowd control on anything besides its limit break, which itself is trivially countered by literally any crowd control.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

In CC burst is king as that's what is required to confirm KOs in a game mode where self-heals are instant and plentiful and where a single KO can turn the tide of a team fight. Reapers have respectable sustained damage and durability but very poor burst, meaning that four times out of five the Reaper is going to have to hope a more immediately lethal team member is on the ball enough to actually take out the players that RPR is softening up.

The most popular classes are those that can confirm KOs quickly and capitalize on weakness without needing to rely on building stacks of something to activate their non-LB burst move.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

NachtSieger posted:

I can't find it in the thread, but what was that one housing preview website that let you import stuff into your game and/or preview housing items?

Do you mean MakePlace?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Dancer has a potentially really impactful LB but then feels like they aren't doing a whole lot outside of that. I suppose the AoE damage from their spin dance is fairly high if you can actually catch people in the whole thing.

I've very much been preferring Bard though.

It's been surprisingly hard to catch more than one or two people at a time with a dancer LB (either the other team is too scattered, or they're all together, my team doesn't back me up, and I get nuked before I can LB). It's pretty cool when you do get most or all of the enemy team, but you still have at best four seconds for the rest of your team to apply pain before those guys wake up real mad at you.

Honing Dance is pretty cool but more than once I've gotten smoked because I was trapped in the dance (you can't do other actions until your GCD cycles) and couldn't heal or escape in time.

Dancer burst is pretty meh. At best you can dump Fan Dance + Starfall Dance + Saber Dance for 20k AoE potency (24k vs single target) which isn't bad if the enemy team on the crystal is already half dead but not great if a monk or samurai is in your face.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I have 0 crafters or gatherers past level ~10 and I realize I'm missing a bunch of the game. Is there a good guide to both understand wtf I'm looking at on these menus, and a guide on how to level a gatherer/crafter simultaneously?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

I was already capped by the time it was introduced but you should be able to use ishgard resto to do so.
Basically you’ll make trips to diadem and gather in cycles and in between trips turn the stuff you gathered into ishgard turn ins, is my Understanding

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I have 0 crafters or gatherers past level ~10 and I realize I'm missing a bunch of the game. Is there a good guide to both understand wtf I'm looking at on these menus, and a guide on how to level a gatherer/crafter simultaneously?

you can level both with grand company turn-ins. just go to your GC HQ and choose expert delivery. you can do this every day! you can earn experience on gatherers and crafters if you gather and craft the turn-ins yourself!

to get all crafters to 20 you can just make recipes to fill out your crafting log - each recipe you've never made before will give you a chunk of XP, so just bring up the crafting menu for each class and go down the list.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
For gathering i did job quests and gathering unique items in each zone until 50. At 50 i did collectibles which give a stupid amount of XP. Every 12 hours in game time they respawn, and give a stupid amount of XP. Open your gathering log and go to the collectables tab, then just check the times each of them spawn. They tend to spawn back to back so you can do a lap then turn them all in then go back to doing something else.

For crafting i did job quest and unique crafts at low level, then just bought a poo poo load of mats from the market board and did ishgard restoration turnins. I got a couple of the casual set from the scratch cards so it didn't cost much overall.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Press ctrl+u to open up your timers menu. Click on your grand company to pull up the daily GC supply and provisioning turn ins. Buy those off the marketboard. Turn in. Reap the rewards. You never have to craft or gather if you don't want to.

Also check out levequests and use those.

For actual crafting and gathering, craftsmanship affects progress and control affects quality. The closer to max you get the quality, the better chance of HQ with guaranteed HQ when you max. You can click the calculations button to see how much each skill will add to progress or quality based upon your current buffs.

Gathering it's gathering and perception. For these, just go out and hit rocks, chop trees, and stab fish. They level pretty fast.

Right now just focus on leveling stuff while you get more skills. The tooltips are pretty self explanatory. If you run out of durability, the craft fails, and you likely lose the mats you were using.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Frida Call Me posted:

you can level both with grand company turn-ins. just go to your GC HQ and choose expert delivery. you can do this every day! you can earn experience on gatherers and crafters if you gather and craft the turn-ins yourself!

to get all crafters to 20 you can just make recipes to fill out your crafting log - each recipe you've never made before will give you a chunk of XP, so just bring up the crafting menu for each class and go down the list.

I know some of these words, I didn't know I could hand stuff in! I assumed no one would want level 3 stuff, thanks NPCs!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Press ctrl+u to open up your timers menu. Click on your grand company to pull up the daily GC supply and provisioning turn ins. Buy those off the marketboard. Turn in. Reap the rewards. You never have to craft or gather if you don't want to.

Also check out levequests and use those.

For actual crafting and gathering, craftsmanship affects progress and control affects quality. The closer to max you get the quality, the better chance of HQ with guaranteed HQ when you max. You can click the calculations button to see how much each skill will add to progress or quality based upon your current buffs.

Gathering it's gathering and perception. For these, just go out and hit rocks, chop trees, and stab fish. They level pretty fast.

Right now just focus on leveling stuff while you get more skills. The tooltips are pretty self explanatory. If you run out of durability, the craft fails, and you likely lose the mats you were using.

This is also super useful, thank you! Someone in my guild mentioned there's a place or event I could go to do gathering that's like an instanced area that sounds like the right path.

Thanks for the tips!!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I know some of these words, I didn't know I could hand stuff in! I assumed no one would want level 3 stuff, thanks NPCs!

This is also super useful, thank you! Someone in my guild mentioned there's a place or event I could go to do gathering that's like an instanced area that sounds like the right path.

Thanks for the tips!!

The place is the Firmament which unlocks after completion of the Heavensward MSQ.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Bell_ posted:

That's bullshit! That was one of my favorite segments of the game, and what I looked forward to doing the most during previous Praetoriums.
You still go into the room to get on Maggie, you just don't do the runaround to the terminal to get the key first. You also skip the part where you maybe nuke that one poor guard who tethers and break the first door to the down elevator - after doing the outside bit, there's a zone transition that puts you at the bottom of the elevator. Once you break the last big door, the cutscene has an extra added bit where your character mourns Maggie's sacrifice before turning to the hallway to Nero.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I forgot to screenshot the instant portraits, but clearly we had this fight won from the beginning by morale alone.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

bagrada posted:

How are Reapers in CC? I haven't read much good or bad about them and don't see them too often. I haven't gotten around to unlocking them or sage yet, I need to Marie Kondo my inventory and retainer stash before I go adding even more weapon collections.

Also they should add a PVP mode where everyone lines up 5x5 and has an active time battle gauge during which they can queue up one action.

Probably the worst PvP Job in the game. Dancer is runner up for the bottom of the barrel position.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Reaper's gimmick is that they suck until you hit LB and then you become amazing briefly but the problem is

1. you really suck a lot outside of LB

2 LB doesn't make you amazing, it just makes you a regular dps for 5 GCDs instead of a half-assed mess

getting to pretend you're a dragoon for ten seconds does not a viable character make

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
Every time I've faced a reaper in CC I basically forget they're there until they pop their limit break, and then I'll just hit purify and bind/silence/stun/polymorph them

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Thanks for the tips!!

The GC delivery turn ins scale with your level so the costs of buying what you need will start cheap at first then get gradually more and more expensive until you reach level 80-90 then they become cheap again due to increased supply of current gear.

Also high quality turn ins will get double in rewards compared to normal quality, and deliveries that are starred are further doubled.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've started calling the multiple BRD glitch "The Two Bard-y Problem" and no one knows what the gently caress I'm talking about

When's 6.11 supposed to hit, anyway?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Arist posted:

April 26 is the date I've seen from people anticipating the new ultimate

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/eatbuglol/status/1478623308522401792

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Are Ex3 groups really trying to normalize tank lb3 for Fatalism, or is that just a pf meme?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
from the community that brought you "skip soar or disband"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
How do I change a retainer's job to another? I followed all the instructions, I have the Monder Vocation, but I don't have the option to assign them a job (specifically RDM). I only have the option to reset retainer class. The retainer is high enough level that I should be able to switch them over to a RDM now. I'm a 90 RDM as well. What am I missing here?

edit: Upon further digging I apparently have to reset her to level 1 again, and then switch them to a RDM when they hit 50... why? Why on earth can I not just switch them over to a RDM from Bard. What coding disaster would happen by allowing this

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 18, 2022

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Are Ex3 groups really trying to normalize tank lb3 for Fatalism, or is that just a pf meme?

I saw like, ten of those meme parties this morning.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Macaluso posted:

How do I change a retainer's job to another? I followed all the instructions, I have the Monder Vocation, but I don't have the option to assign them a job (specifically RDM). I only have the option to reset retainer class. The retainer is high enough level that I should be able to switch them over to a RDM now. I'm a 90 RDM as well. What am I missing here?

What class are they currently? If you already assigned them a job, you can't switch them to Red Mage, they have to go from their initial base class to Red Mage.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

W.T. Fits posted:

What class are they currently? If you already assigned them a job, you can't switch them to Red Mage, they have to go from their initial base class to Red Mage.

Just absolutely insane

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It makes sense in the restrictions set by the original system. Retainer classes/jobs are tied to how they're available to players and you can't freely change retainers without reseting them to level 1, so for combat you can only assign a single class and upgrade to its job. Except expansion jobs don't have base classes and no gear below their starting level so it would be impossible to make anything but ARR jobs - consider being able to switch any base class to expansion jobs at the proper level the exception to the "no class switching" rule.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Arist posted:

I've started calling the multiple BRD glitch "The Two Bard-y Problem" and no one knows what the gently caress I'm talking about

On the whole we're just lucky it hit a job you'll usually only find one person wanting to play anyway.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Bruceski posted:

On the whole we're just lucky it hit a job you'll usually only find one person wanting to play anyway.

I bet I'll find a bonus bard every time I try to play it just cause that's my luck. I've been too scared to use it in general

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
tank lb3 for quad planets feels fine to me? in my experience, blue-first quad planets is the mechanic that causes the biggest issues in PF, and it's immediately followed by towers so it can be a pain if even a few people die

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

As someone who just ran some practice runs of that EX, Tank LB3 is fine if a bunch of people are dead for towers but you probably shouldn't be relying on it, especially because it means you now have, like, four vuln ups from unsoaked towers that the LB won't save you from, plus a bunch of dead people you now need to raise.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Macaluso posted:

Just absolutely insane

I vaguely regret not buying one when I reset my samurai to become a reaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Failboattootoot posted:

I vaguely regret not buying one when I reset my samurai to become a reaper.

:aaa: