Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Are Ex3 groups really trying to normalize tank lb3 for Fatalism, or is that just a pf meme?

cheetah7071 posted:

tank lb3 for quad planets feels fine to me? in my experience, blue-first quad planets is the mechanic that causes the biggest issues in PF, and it's immediately followed by towers so it can be a pain if even a few people die
Yeah blue into red is pretty mean. The damage check isn't really a thing for parties I've been in so it's not like melee LB3 is needed. It's like using tank LB3 for third Coherence in P2S. Necessary? No. Making it braindead? Sure why not let's do it.

Arist posted:

As someone who just ran some practice runs of that EX, Tank LB3 is fine if a bunch of people are dead for towers but you probably shouldn't be relying on it, especially because it means you now have, like, four vuln ups from unsoaked towers that the LB won't save you from, plus a bunch of dead people you now need to raise.
The tactic is to use tank LB3 to eat the red planet explosions so that people don't die in the first place. You still get a couple of vuln stacks but it's easier to deal with more damage than it is to try to recover if people take the knockback the wrong way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Wow. Glad I’m half done on my path to 100 totems then. Most groups I’m in kill her before second fatalism and you don’t think you have lb for the first.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Sorry for the repeated nub posts:

I'm now in Diadem, where I'm getting materials for crafting. One of the eventual recipes needs Skybuilders Iron Ore (which I have lots of now), but also normal Iron Ore.

Is the (basic) Iron Ore something I need to get outside Diadem? Can it be purchased anywhere near Diadem/Firmament?

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
Yes, you need to get it from somewhere else. Your options include crafting guild vendors (the ones in Limsa) and the Empryium's crafting vendor, the market board or gathering it yourself.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Sorry for the repeated nub posts:

I'm now in Diadem, where I'm getting materials for crafting. One of the eventual recipes needs Skybuilders Iron Ore (which I have lots of now), but also normal Iron Ore.

Is the (basic) Iron Ore something I need to get outside Diadem? Can it be purchased anywhere near Diadem/Firmament?

Yeah, unfortunately the Firmament doesn't have a market board or materials vendor, and all the non-expert recipes will require one non-Firmament material. Iron ore should be available from world vendors or the MB, or very easy mining, but you'll want to stock up before heading to do Firmament crafting.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Can’t you buy iron ore for guild vendors or am I misremembering

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, one of the guys at the Blacksmith/Armorer guild in Limsa has it, and I believe material vendors in housing do as well? Can't remember others offhand.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, one of the guys at the Blacksmith/Armorer guild in Limsa has it, and I believe material vendors in housing do as well? Can't remember others offhand.

Doesn't seem like they do:
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/ad4b9905828/?patch=

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
CC was fun for the first couple of days while people were still figuring their buttons out. Now, not so much. Played a dozen matches today and felt about as powerless as in the old Frontlines.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

They definitely do because I just was leveling blacksmith and armorer before the patches dropped and was buying iron ore from the one that has it.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The selling NPC listed on that page is literally the person outside the guild

Bragon
Apr 7, 2010

The wiki is better for looking at vendors, ex: https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Iron_Ore . On sale in Limsa and player housing wards.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Has there been an end date for the GARO event announced?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Thank you all re: Iron Ore shenanigans

I just want to get enough crafter levels to talk to the person with the Emperor's New stuff :(

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
https://twitter.com/RootlessBard/status/1515774069974654989

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

hey babe, hop in my AoE and grab a bone stack

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

This is my bone stack. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Consummate Professional posted:

Has there been an end date for the GARO event announced?

no, and i believe the last time they did it was for a long time and then they gave some notice before it ended?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

no, and i believe the last time they did it was for a long time and then they gave some notice before it ended?

If I remember right, it launched in the second-to-last patch of Heavensward and ran through most of Stormblood.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I feel like SMN is good in CC. You have good zone control with Slipstream (the Garuda-esque wind circle AOE) and your LB is basically a no fly zone for anyone on the opposing team. Crimson Cyclone for gap close and big damage followed up by Fester is good for bursting down low targets. All in all the kit works well and I'm enjoying it though at higher ranks I could see damage dropping way off when people actually pay attention to the fact they are standing right next to a big rear end Bahamut slinging blue fire in their faces.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

HackensackBackpack posted:

If I remember right, it launched in the second-to-last patch of Heavensward and ran through most of Stormblood.

Oh, cool. I want to make sure I get the other 2 mounts but also getting a bit tired of grinding CC.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

DRG, SMN and WAR seem like the most meta CC classes in gold/silver right now

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
When I see DRG LB I quietly mutter danger zone, daaaanger zone. I'm looking forward to continuing that trend as I climb if DRG is meta.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I totally missed the past couple of weeks of game because of irl, am I screwed on trying to get a house in ishgard?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Depends on the server, but generally, all of the private lots are gone, and your only hope is that not every space in the FC only wards are taken and Squeenix eventually opens those wards up to private ownership.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I really like Aglaia. Might be my favorite alliance raid so far.

(the music does a lot of heavy lifting here, but the fights are good too)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Fister Roboto posted:

I really like Aglaia. Might be my favorite alliance raid so far.

(the music does a lot of heavy lifting here, but the fights are good too)

Honestly same. Gonna play it a lot.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I feel like I didnt understand how half the fights worked in Aglaia.

The last boss had cool music though.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

It's really fun to not understand boss fights and use whatever bizarre intuition you have built up.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
i remember vividly the night p4n came out, queued in for the first time and the main tank INSISTED that we have people stand on the unsafe part of pinax squares in order to "plug the holes"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Frida Call Me posted:

i remember vividly the night p4n came out, queued in for the first time and the main tank INSISTED that we have people stand on the unsafe part of pinax squares in order to "plug the holes"

I remember way back in HW for Nidhogg, a lot of people were under the impression that you had to have one person stand on each of the circles that appear on the ground after the add phase. There's 8 of them, it just makes sense!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My favorite is when you see a mechanic and have to quickly guess "Wait, same color or opposite color?"

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

just tried out warrior for the first time in CC. Why doesn't everyone play this? 6-1-25 in my first casual game. My 1 death was because I forgot to hotkey recuperate when I set up my WAR bars.

Also: AST's LB is basically a giant flashbang, which is good, but not if your team isn't ready for it

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
You can have some really good games as WAR for sure. My problem was I was completely at the mercy of my DPS, where if they were completely stupid I knew I was gonna lose. I switched to DPS to get me to gold, as I found as if I got a Tank that was at least half decent, me being half decent as a DPS would be a big boon. Now that I hit gold and might have better groups as far as tactics go I might switch back again.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

A Moose posted:

just tried out warrior for the first time in CC. Why doesn't everyone play this? 6-1-25 in my first casual game. My 1 death was because I forgot to hotkey recuperate when I set up my WAR bars.

Also: AST's LB is basically a giant flashbang, which is good, but not if your team isn't ready for it

I mean a lot of people do play WAR in CC. At lower ranks or casual you might not see it as much, but at higher ranks you see a lot of WAR/WHM/DRG.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Tried CC again as SMN this time; still fun but some of y'all need to stop chasing the solo samurai off away from the crystal lmao. Teams can get absolutely demolished if people run in one or two at a time as opposed to trying to stay with a group, even if that means giving up some crystal progress. Also Bahamut/Phoenix can straight delete people and it's great.

And also tried Frontlines, and yeah, that still sucks rear end. But I'm down for more CC-related stuff!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

New PvP is...actually fun???

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

MechaX posted:

Tried CC again as SMN this time; still fun but some of y'all need to stop chasing the solo samurai off away from the crystal lmao. Teams can get absolutely demolished if people run in one or two at a time as opposed to trying to stay with a group, even if that means giving up some crystal progress. Also Bahamut/Phoenix can straight delete people and it's great.

And also tried Frontlines, and yeah, that still sucks rear end. But I'm down for more CC-related stuff!

I just had a game where we lost because our DPS ran ahead to the other team's base when the crystal was on our half being actively pushed. :negative:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

I never got the hang of WAR in CC. I assume I'm rushing in too quickly because I just get demolished. I actually rather enjoyed GNB in my last few games and it was probably my best performance in terms of kills so far. I am, of course, stuck in Bronze Hell because I'll never be truly good. I've also never really tried to master a particular role yet.

I'm glad that I can advance the series regardless of what happens. I got my Garo mounts long ago so I don't need to go stressing over wins. I do prefer to win, of course, but it's not so hopeless feeling as it was when I was trying to knock out enough Feast and Frontline victories. I still lose more often than I win, but the fact that the matches are quick and fun means that I can just slowly work my way toward the mini airship mount at whatever pace I feel like. 109/200!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Augus posted:

New PvP is...actually fun???

It is the most fun I've had in mmo pvp for sure.