Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

JBP posted:

Albanese is a weak candidate and he will demonstrate weakness again before this week is done.

This. Albanese has been a poo poo opposition leader who has never been able to truly captalise on the Govt's fuckups or come up with compelling vision.

However the fact still is its the govt that loses elections and I dont think enough people really want the LNP out. Sure some places hate them but there just not enough of that going around and there hasnt been well before this election was called. The electorate just does not care about how goddamn incompetent this govt has been because they just dont have any real reason to care. It'll probably be a minority govt but I cant really see the LNP losing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I was at my parents house for dinner so I had the joy of hearing the LNP attack slogan "it won't be easy under albanese"

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Bargearse posted:

In a fucken landslide because we live in the timeline where the stupidest thing possible happens every time.

hey this is my schtick

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Absolutely pathetic nonentities for Labor leaders has been the norm in my lifetime.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

GoldStandardConure posted:

hey this is my schtick

Ok fine I’ll get my own schtick

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Absolutely pathetic nonentities for Labor leaders has been the norm in my lifetime.

remember simon crean? I just did reading this post

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1516018207240298503

CALM DOWN LOSERS

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

At this point before the last election Newspoll was 48:52, and two months before the election it was 46:54.

It's gonna be a close one.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/AmyRemeikis/status/1515858317893005312

https://twitter.com/MSMWatchdog2013/status/1515915322666405889

https://twitter.com/mrseankelly/status/1515801938201559045

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Apr 18, 2022

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Tell it to Bill.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

no

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

this ones the funniest imo. passive voice peter principle

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I miss Kim Beazely, I know he lost and lost and lost. But he was personable? He had a presence. Much like Rudd.

Latham also had presence, but it was the sort that made you intensely uncomfortable and convinced you to switch to the next train carriage.

Apparently Labor is going for the throat this week and is actually going to mention how dogshit the government has been. Might be interesting. I actually saw a Labor sign today after a week of nothing but UAP and One Nation signs all over the place.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1516018996532768770?t=2tvMMkk_1lLooD0X3naIIQ&s=19

Wasn't part of the reason for the 2019 poll fail related to a bunch of ridiculous assumptions around PUP preferences flowing to Labor when they were never going to do so?

Cause while this is still within the margin of error, it's more encouraging than the (probably irrelevant) PPM and approval polls.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Beazely was easily as much of a oval office as Latham was during their tenure, it's just Latham went full right wing fuckhead immediately after getting turfed so we look back on him less fondly

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

remember simon crean? I just did reading this post

he really creaned himself in 2013

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Don Dongington posted:

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/1516018996532768770?t=2tvMMkk_1lLooD0X3naIIQ&s=19

Wasn't part of the reason for the 2019 poll fail related to a bunch of ridiculous assumptions around PUP preferences flowing to Labor when they were never going to do so?

Cause while this is still within the margin of error, it's more encouraging than the (probably irrelevant) PPM and approval polls.

I think it was more to do with Herding - Labor was actually doing terribly, but everyone 'thought' they were ahead and when they got poll results that started suggesting otherwise, they tried to fix what they thought was bad data rather than saying 'hmm maybe the LNP is winning?'. IIRC internal Labor polling was dire.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
No way greens get 12 seats. Surely that polling has little accuracy in regards to how seats actually turn out, would like to know their methodology but 0 time to read it.

Labor is really going to flub another election lmao. They'd want to have some great dirt to release next month and a media that is forced to run with it if they want to win!

I am prepared to accept defeat, is there betting for what time Antony will call the election and for who?

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

No way greens get 12 seats. Surely that polling has little accuracy in regards to how seats actually turn out, would like to know their methodology but 0 time to read it.

Labor is really going to flub another election lmao. They'd want to have some great dirt to release next month and a media that is forced to run with it if they want to win!

I am prepared to accept defeat, is there betting for what time Antony will call the election and for who?

Each point doesn't represent a seat, its a percentage of first party preference.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
the bandtslide is real!!! swing to greens after that first week is pretty good news & no change in TPP is even better. albanese being a gently caress up + bandt being great + the government still being unpopular makes me hope we might actually get a few more greens seats after all

worth noting albanese's satisfaction rating did drop significantly which isn't unsurprising, so if the rest of the campaign goes as badly for him as the first week it'll surely translate into more TPP movement instead of just labor-to-greens movement

it's clear we are not yet having the same polling issues as last time though - last time the issue with the polls was that they were all so heavily herded that there wasn't anything outside of 51-52 labor tpp for the entire election campaign - it seems very likely labor were never ahead during the campaign (& had been behind since some unclear earlier point). this time there is more movement in the polls and each of the pollsters are clearly doing their own things. doesn't mean they can't gently caress up in some other way but it's much less likely.

lih fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 18, 2022

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Phew. I was worried we would see polling like in 2019.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
2019 is intellectually lazy as a comparison. The margin of error on Newspoll for South and Western Australian state elections was less than 1%

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Comparing it to the most recent federal election is lazy?

Yes you’re right, I should use 1980 as a comparison.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

lih posted:

it's clear we are not yet having the same polling issues as last time though - last time the issue with the polls was that they were all so heavily herded that there wasn't anything outside of 51-52 labor tpp for the entire election campaign - it seems very likely labor were never ahead during the campaign (& had been behind since some unclear earlier point). this time there is more movement in the polls and each of the pollsters are clearly doing their own things. doesn't mean they can't gently caress up in some other way but it's much less likely.

I heard something about how the polling companies have updated and published their methodology now as well.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Kevin Bonham seems confident that Newspoll has adjusted around their mistakes in 2019, that's good enough for me.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I would simply accept death and allow chaos to reign regardless of what the outcome is

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
yeah they've completely overhauled their methodology from 2019 and have had a decent track record at recent state elections, so there's no reason to expect the same problem. still unproven at a federal election though so there still could be some problems, just not likely to be the same herding problem as last time. if we do start seeing herding with any of the pollsters i'm sure all the poll analyst nerds like bonham will start yelling about it - they were suspicious last time but not to the point of expecting the polls were total garbage.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I just registered as an Overseas voter, and the website says that they will send me my ballots sometime in the next 3 weeks.

Also the embassy says that I can either post them back to the AEC, or if I post them to the Embassy in Tokyo, that would also count.

The last times I have been overseas for an Election I either got fined for non voting, or I managed to weasel out of it by claiming an excuse, (i.e. I live and work in bumfuck South Korea, it was too hard for me to make it to the embassy to vote.)

This will be my first time doing it this way.

Hooray for international democracy!

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

I just registered as an Overseas voter, and the website says that they will send me my ballots sometime in the next 3 weeks.

Also the embassy says that I can either post them back to the AEC, or if I post them to the Embassy in Tokyo, that would also count.

The last times I have been overseas for an Election I either got fined for non voting, or I managed to weasel out of it by claiming an excuse, (i.e. I live and work in bumfuck South Korea, it was too hard for me to make it to the embassy to vote.)

This will be my first time doing it this way.

Hooray for international democracy!

probably a bit too long for the democracy snag to still be safe to eat when you get it.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

looking forward to hearin some more aobut numbers this week

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Laserface posted:

probably a bit too long for the democracy snag to still be safe to eat when you get it.

The rot in your long overdue democracy snag will be a perfect analogy to the rot consuming the federal government.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
What does the onion represent in this analogy?

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Labah waste, Mr Speaker

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Bargearse posted:

The greens

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Whats the name of the liberal candidate in Warringah?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Bargearse posted:

The furious arguments on whether the onion goes above or below the sausage represent the popular embracing of a two party system where small issues are quibbled over instead of major change.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

angus taylors telling porkies again lol

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Whats the name of the liberal candidate in Warringah?

deves

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
https://mobile.twitter.com/CaseyBriggs/status/1516256468282253314

Albo's "useless campaigner" strategy is paying dividends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:drat: