Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pohl posted:

If golden state can get to half time only down by 10 I'll be happy.

hmmmm

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
the jazz suck

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

lol, I can't be mad

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

loving lmao I was hoping there’d be a clip

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/1516247883565121540

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

jokic is not going to be mvp

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
https://twitter.com/gswchris/status/1516244430637842433?s=21&t=mM6j_-VVrEAfFYrx9o4iWQ

he almost got Morris’d

https://twitter.com/aohughes/status/1516245213014114314?s=21&t=mM6j_-VVrEAfFYrx9o4iWQ

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

lol

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

I wish they would put Kuminga in so he can dunk on Jokic

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

*sniffles* that’s my quarterback

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I seriously can’t stop laughing at how jokic looks like he’s about to cry

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

I knew the Warriors were good but I did not expect this

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

lol bye jokic

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

welp, that was something

Denver just falling apart again and the entire team fighting on the sidelines

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1516273482585321473

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
ok well that series is over

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

when your team starts to get into fisticuffs on the sidelines against one another it probably isn't good

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Poole is just incredible. Torched the Nuggets so many times both in the interior and from distance and made smart plays even when he was running red hot. Didn't look like a liability on defense either. Wild to see how far he's come from his rookie season as the #28 pick two years ago.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Poole is just incredible. Torched the Nuggets so many times both in the interior and from distance and made smart plays even when he was running red hot. Didn't look like a liability on defense either. Wild to see how far he's come from his rookie season as the #28 pick two years ago.

their entire defense tonight was something else, everyone was rotating it was crazy

edit: and yeah Poole is amazing

edit: give Kuminga a year or 2 and lmao

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

how many points per hour does that work out to

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

fart simpson posted:

how many points per hour does that work out to

too many for Denver to handle

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

lol according to NBC sports
Jokic was -19 in game one and -26 in game two

ok I'm done

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

most valuable player jokic?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

The last white european to win the mvp was also ousted by the Warriors in round 1 of the playoffs

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

indigi posted:

loving lmao I was hoping there’d be a clip

https://i.imgur.com/3SwsNCC.mp4

playoff basketball

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

that is amazing

...going to have to fight the dog for space on the bed, move you cute rear end in a top hat

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

if you had a bad team that only went 20-62 or something like that, then signed three superstars each worth 20 win shares. that team should simply become an 80 win team. has anyone ever tried this?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

fart simpson posted:

if you had a bad team that only went 20-62 or something like that, then signed three superstars each worth 20 win shares. that team should simply become an 80 win team. has anyone ever tried this?

the 2018-2019 golden state warriors

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
the only way jokic can save his reputation is by sitting out next game and letting Denver get blown out by 70

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

euph double vindicated on the relative value of both nikola jokic and draymond green whoda thunk.

i admit a few days ago i was laughing at the idea draymond deserved mvp consideration. draymond deserved the all-star starting spot, but he's been already and he's got other irons in the fire with his TNT gig. passing the spot to the younger 2-way rebounder who deserved to be rewarded for taking the covid booster and shoring up forwards for when the vet has to sit, that's savvy.

klay thompson being able to switch on to 4s and 5s defensively gives the small lineup it's spice, but the consensus for nearly a decade now is that green is the field general calling the switches. communication is the most concrete form of positive intangible basketball quality that stats don't pick up and draymond green never shuts up.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

TDepressionEarl posted:

euph double vindicated on the relative value of both nikola jokic and draymond green whoda thunk.

i admit a few days ago i was laughing at the idea draymond deserved mvp consideration. draymond deserved the all-star starting spot, but he's been already and he's got other irons in the fire with his TNT gig. passing the spot to the younger 2-way rebounder who deserved to be rewarded for taking the covid booster and shoring up forwards for when the vet has to sit, that's savvy.

klay thompson being able to switch on to 4s and 5s defensively gives the small lineup it's spice, but the consensus for nearly a decade now is that green is the field general calling the switches. communication is the most concrete form of positive intangible basketball quality that stats don't pick up and draymond green never shuts up.

Euph has some crazy opinions but Draymond being more valuable than Steph isn't one of them. GS needs all of their options in order to work though, they all have their roles and the system only works with all of the pieces in place. It's silly to me to talk about which piece of the Dubs are most valuable because the entirety of their game is built around the team and while some have more vital roles than others they have to have them all. If there's a single person you have to cite as key to their success it's Kerr for understanding how to fit both reclamation projects and rookies into the system and still have it work.

Honestly it's fine by me because watching team ball like that is much more entertaining than watching one guy dragging the whole team along.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

fart simpson posted:

win shares are not actually a good stat that works like that

I mean players are absolutely worth wins but win share is only vaguely related to that

it’s kind of how like GDP does not actually measure economic output tho it’s sort of related

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

LastInLine posted:

Euph has some crazy opinions but Draymond being more valuable than Steph isn't one of them.

this is going in the book cover jacket

thank you.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chronicles posted:

jokic is not going to be mvp

are writers allowed to change their votes ?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

LastInLine posted:

Euph has some crazy opinions but Draymond being more valuable than Steph isn't one of them. GS needs all of their options in order to work though, they all have their roles and the system only works with all of the pieces in place. It's silly to me to talk about which piece of the Dubs are most valuable because the entirety of their game is built around the team and while some have more vital roles than others they have to have them all. If there's a single person you have to cite as key to their success it's Kerr for understanding how to fit both reclamation projects and rookies into the system and still have it work.

Honestly it's fine by me because watching team ball like that is much more entertaining than watching one guy dragging the whole team along.

the Warriors are really good and I always enjoy watching them except when they are playing the Toronto Raptors in the NBA finals

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

YES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/1516402001122369548?s=21&t=0XsLK-bGkNX49PFf4wqlGQ