Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

net work error posted:

Sorry for the bad quality but I was in a moving car.

ah so you weren't in a red bull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

acidx posted:

is 80 year old robbie gordon still doing that

yeah, his son who is like 13 or 14 or something is doing it too i think.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

need some racing so bad

You should check out Marbula 1, OP. The races aren't as long, but it's still almost as exciting as Formula 1. Commentary is better too, obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZfl9ILOOf8

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

italian quid posted:

we need less races and more discussions over things like the merits of Eneloop Pro rechargeable AA batteries

How does the battery life of these compare to regular AA batteries? I recently replaced all my smoke detectors with ones that just use AA batteries because I was tired of buying nonsense batteries, maybe I should go the rechargeable route.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm a pretty firm advocate of just completely going the rechargeable route. The Eneloop Pros are 2450mah so I think its probably marginally less than an alkaline but you don't have to worry about the cell splitting and leaking poo poo everywhere which is what caused me to move to rechargeable to begin with. The voltage stability of them are pretty loving insane and it only really drops off when the battery is absolutely dead as opposed to an alkaline which is while drop off sooner and more noticeably.

I think they make an Eneloop lite or something for poo poo like smoke detectors that are continuous low draw.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

im also a pretty firm advocate.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Pearnicious posted:

You should check out Marbula 1, OP. The races aren't as long, but it's still almost as exciting as Formula 1. Commentary is better too, obviously.

thank you

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

your friend wicka posted:

How does the battery life of these compare to regular AA batteries? I recently replaced all my smoke detectors with ones that just use AA batteries because I was tired of buying nonsense batteries, maybe I should go the rechargeable route.

Our smoke and carbon dioxide alarms are wired into the mains with a backup lithium battery and it was well worth the extra money.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Our smoke and carbon dioxide alarms are wired into the mains with a backup lithium battery and it was well worth the extra money.

I think that's code for new construction here but I have a feeling it would be incredibly expensive to retrofit in my nonsense house

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

your friend wicka posted:

I think that's code for new construction here but I have a feeling it would be incredibly expensive to retrofit in my nonsense house

:grovertoot:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Pearnicious posted:

At least papaya winning in this series.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Greg woods is a great commentator. I wonder how long he spends on each video.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
It's not as glorious as the 'racing' in BTCC, but have some UK TCR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNZZab8rVYs

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
GT3 is starting up too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbyghs_5RzI

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

busalover posted:

Is the Le Mans series basically just bored rich guys? A lot of them look a bit past their prime.

The GT2 and GT3 series are pretty much just rich guys who want to go racing. The prototype stuff not so much.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://twitter.com/noblef1/status/1515735045708918791?s=21&t=lP6Vp3331tgV3nKyCkgXFQ

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MustardFacial posted:

The GT2 and GT3 series are pretty much just rich guys who want to go racing. The prototype stuff not so much.

Blancpain was the best series because it was all rich guys in cars fast enough to have spectacular crashes in

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Truth in 24 I & II is some pretty good LeMans DTS-dramatic-style stuff if you don't mind all the focus being on Audi.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

:sickos: :foksmash:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's almost like this sprint race thing is really dumb. 1 potentially washed out practice session before friday quali which could also be the first time these cars have run in the wet in anger

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Sprint racing is awesome, you Red Bulls #2 drivers.

(That’s my new insult)

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

boop the snoot posted:

Sprint racing is awesome, you Red Bulls #2 drivers.

(That’s my new insult)

Sprint racing as a concept is fine, F1's implementation of it is dogshit

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I thought that XBox using AAs instead of chargeable battery pack would be a negative since I would have to spend money in batteries. But in practice I can just swap in rechargeable in 10s and get a full charge immediately instead of always plugging it in and having controller battery fade over time. Thank you eneloop or whatever brand i actually bought

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Truth in 24 I & II is some pretty good LeMans DTS-dramatic-style stuff if you don't mind all the focus being on Audi.

2 is the better one because it has Our Leena and Our Andre and lots of things go boom

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
the spirits of enzo e dino will be watching down on the scud boys and girls this weekend, #forzaferrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRuw7tlZfO8

good lad are mattia :italy: I have my weekend all prepped and ready for a glorious ferrari domination

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Tsaedje posted:

It's almost like this sprint race thing is really dumb. 1 potentially washed out practice session before friday quali which could also be the first time these cars have run in the wet in anger

if liberty media wants 24 races they should cut the sprints.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I don't know why they didn't just copy the formula 2 format where the sprint race doesn't affect qualifying for the main race, has a significant but reduced number of points awarded, and has a reversed top 10.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles Leclerc posted:

the spirits of enzo e dino will be watching down on the scud boys and girls this weekend, #forzaferrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRuw7tlZfO8

good lad are mattia :italy: I have my weekend all prepped and ready for a glorious ferrari domination

TFAB would be proud buddy.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

TFAB would be proud buddy.

That glorious bastard is my spirit animal

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Spirit analmal??

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
I think they should all be sprint qualifying or none of them should be. I don't like the strategy around the fastest cars eating their grid penalties before the sprint race so they can make up the places before the actual race.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

watching imola 21 highlights. I forgot latifi spun into the runoff and then ran into mazepin coming back into the track and was out of the race on lap 2.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

ArmZ posted:

watching imola 21 highlights. I forgot latifi spun into the runoff and then ran into mazepin coming back into the track and was out of the race on lap 2.

I just did this and wow did Lewis get loving lucky in this race.

edit: apologies for my slurs against our savior - Lewis was #blessed by the heavens (and George Russell) in his fight against the usurper Max at Imola

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 19, 2022

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

What are you guys talking about

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Lewis being bad I think

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Can’t wait to see George and Big Valt race in the rain again.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

italian quid posted:

we need less races and more discussions over things like the merits of Eneloop Pro rechargeable AA batteries

I have several OP, A-

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
In other news Are Jense signs for a team in the little village I grew up in. Go on Jense

https://flipboard.com/topic/u.k.spo...9bb8e62%2Fco.uk

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Titanman Assservant was excellent in Sherlock and Dr Strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016