Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Updated ramp is really good

### Ramp
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Dozing Kelpkeeper
# 2x (1) Druid of the Reef
# 2x (1) Earthen Scales
# 1x (1) Ivus, the Forest Lord
# 1x (2) Jerry Rig Carpenter
# 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
# 2x (3) Oracle of Elune
# 2x (3) Wild Growth
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 1x (5) Queen Azshara
# 1x (5) Wildheart Guff
# 2x (7) Miracle Growth
# 2x (7) Scale of Onyxia
# 1x (8) Kazakusan
# 1x (10) Raid Boss Onyxia
# 2x (20) Naga Giant
#
AAECAc6LBQawgASJiwTxpASlrQSEsATbuQQMyfUDrIAEr4AEiZ8Erp8E2p8Ez6wEjbIE/70E8L8ErsAE2qEFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

I like starfish more than azshara in that list, but yeah, its so good.

Capped
Jun 21, 2005
I’m having a ton of fun with this deck

### Hunting
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Dreadprison Glaive
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Multi-Strike
# 1x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Battleworn Vanguard
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 1x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 2x (3) Crushclaw Enforcer
# 2x (3) Eye Beam
# 1x (3) Lady S'theno
# 2x (3) Predation
# 2x (4) Felgorger
# 2x (5) Need for Greed
# 1x (5) Queen Azshara
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
#
AAECAZWrBAaK9wON9wOHiwSDnwTbuQT7vwQMwvEDifcDjPcDyIAEhI0Etp8EyZ8E7KAEjrAEhLIEiLIEmLoEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

If Druid was deleted from the game this would be one of my favorite metas. With Druid it’s still above average imo but not great

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Landed in legend at 3k with that ramp druid deck, won 5 in a row and ripped through rank 1 :toot:

Definitely the best deck in the meta rn, it shits all over pirate warrior

ferroque posted:

I like starfish more than azshara in that list, but yeah, its so good.

Yes but have you considered oracle copying your 1 mana colossal minion which also copies the extra parts

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 17, 2022

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Capped posted:

I’m having a ton of fun with this deck

### Hunting
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Dreadprison Glaive
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Multi-Strike
# 1x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Battleworn Vanguard
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 1x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 2x (3) Crushclaw Enforcer
# 2x (3) Eye Beam
# 1x (3) Lady S'theno
# 2x (3) Predation
# 2x (4) Felgorger
# 2x (5) Need for Greed
# 1x (5) Queen Azshara
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
#
AAECAZWrBAaK9wON9wOHiwSDnwTbuQT7vwQMwvEDifcDjPcDyIAEhI0Etp8EyZ8E7KAEjrAEhLIEiLIEmLoEAA==
#

If Druid was deleted from the game this would be one of my favorite metas. With Druid it’s still above average imo but not great

How’s Azshara been working for you? I cut her from my DH deck because I found her a little awkward. Bone Glaive is a good choice for helping to pressure Druids, you can run two if you cut the aldrachi but that will eat into the winrate against hunters and the mirror

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

So Tess Rogue is great fun when I get to do things but it doesn't have a good early game, which is kind of a problem at the moment. Brann was too greedy so I swapped him for Blademaster Okani for the last bunch of games, but my current winrate is 37% over 30 games.

What's the worst matchup for Ramp Druid? I've got Mech Mage and Paladin, and Pirate Warrior alongside my Tess deck, but I feel like something new and it might be DH because most of their decks have never really appealed to me but I do like the look of Jace.

Even with all the crazy OP bullshit running around Standard at the moment I'm having a great time because everything still feels new and fresh and I'm still seeing cards I didn't know were in the new core set, like Kalecgos! The expansion is a big win, too, with an interesting and thematic mechanic in Dredge and the colossal minions being one of the best things they've ever done. I doubt they'll ever get a core set rotation that isn't wildly unbalanced because so many things are in flux, but I do think it'll continue to be my favourite time of the year for playing HS.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Even in Wild where the new sets matter less and with me not really playing anything new, this set seems a lot more fun than the past few.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Kalko posted:

So Tess Rogue is great fun when I get to do things but it doesn't have a good early game, which is kind of a problem at the moment. Brann was too greedy so I swapped him for Blademaster Okani for the last bunch of games, but my current winrate is 37% over 30 games.

What's the worst matchup for Ramp Druid? I've got Mech Mage and Paladin, and Pirate Warrior alongside my Tess deck, but I feel like something new and it might be DH because most of their decks have never really appealed to me but I do like the look of Jace.

Even with all the crazy OP bullshit running around Standard at the moment I'm having a great time because everything still feels new and fresh and I'm still seeing cards I didn't know were in the new core set, like Kalecgos! The expansion is a big win, too, with an interesting and thematic mechanic in Dredge and the colossal minions being one of the best things they've ever done. I doubt they'll ever get a core set rotation that isn't wildly unbalanced because so many things are in flux, but I do think it'll continue to be my favourite time of the year for playing HS.

anything that pushes lethal before they can get online with seven mana so aggro dh, aggro druid, face hunter, mech mage, etc. i bet pirate rogue does pretty good too, since swordfish is completely busted (three mana, do 12 damage). pirate warrior can maybe get there, but it's really tough you have to hit all your best pirates and any speed bumps from the druid along the way (aka taunts, wrath, etc.) and it's gg at seven mana since they'll get online and then you just never recover.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I just loving chewed up and spit out Wild Gold with the pre-rotation Shadow Priest I posted here earlier. I'm not sure any of the new stuff could improve it. Soooo good for such a cheap deck.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I hate pirate warrior for three reasons:
1- The decks I like to play often lose to it
2- My decisions almost never matter and I only win if I get lucky
3- They are at least 1/3 of my matches if not more

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Kael'thas Sunstrider is so good you can win even if you get it mutanus'd in wild.

http://hsreplay.net/replay/DqkzZ7w5ac2d8rdWUBmFVT#turn=6b

Never not play free infestations.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Silence/mill priest is a really hard matchup for ramp druid as well because they have shadow word: ruin and lightbomb for your big idiots, and for some reason priest now has absurd amounts of draw with switcheroo, handmaiden and illuminate, so they are drawing through their entire deck and copying a bunch of shellfish then milling you to death

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Beasteh posted:

Yes but have you considered oracle copying your 1 mana colossal minion which also copies the extra parts

I built this deck and first game did this and also duplicated her with the draw and duplicate spell. Very fun.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Beasteh posted:

Silence/mill priest is a really hard matchup for ramp druid as well because they have shadow word: ruin and lightbomb for your big idiots, and for some reason priest now has absurd amounts of draw with switcheroo, handmaiden and illuminate, so they are drawing through their entire deck and copying a bunch of shellfish then milling you to death

I made a dumb Reno Quest Priest and it does surprisingly well against Druid because of tricks like that. Kazakusan always gets me in the end, though.

Reno/Xyrella is a funny combo.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

But... Kazakusan doesn't get you! Not any more! You wait for the druid to deck out and play him, then you mill their entire deck and fatigue them to death (and you often kill them before they even get to play him)

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Day 4: Crafted Ramp Druid to bring it to MTQs, but did not play a single game because it was banned every match.

So I took it to ladder and went 7-0 and jumped into Legend ranks early. Great.

Day 5: Somehow the HSReplay and MTQ stats are saying to play Switcheroo Priest when banning Druid. Like, the 12/12 scam version. In just 6 games of testing I have experienced all 5 outcomes of the deck:
- 2 crushing victories
- An attempt to freeze your stuff every turn but running out by turn 8, victory
- Drawing minion immediately, concede
- Full mull, no switcheroo, miss all discovers/dredge, draw minion, concede
- Get both minions Flurry + Shattering Blasted, concede

late edit: oh, there's one I haven't experienced yet: get silenced, concede. So still more to learn I guess :shepicide:

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 17, 2022

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'm really unsure how they can alter switcheroo that doesn't just render it completely unplayable

Maybe only switch health? Would at least encourage comboing with bless

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Beasteh posted:

I'm really unsure how they can alter switcheroo that doesn't just render it completely unplayable

Maybe only switch health? Would at least encourage comboing with bless

Yeah, only switching health is the only solution I can think of that doesn't just delay the inevitable and ruin it for normal use. You get some benefit for the small things but it takes more steps to be game-winning, Silence Priest still gets the upside of making their big things not be easily removed, it still pretty much works for midrange... It'd still be kind of degenerate in wild Inner Fire priest, but maybe increase the cost a bit too so it ends up being equivalent to the existing ways they can pop off and suddenly kill you in a turn.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I think a cost increase would also be justified, mainly because it's weird a class that has card draw as one of its limitations, get's a tutoring Arcane Intellect.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Priest basically has draw on par with any other class now, no idea why they walked back that core design philosophy that's been in place since 2013 for this rotation

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
There are statements from Hearthstone devs that they have been changing their class identity documents internally, even if they haven't been sharing those changes. Priest today is just the clearest example of that. And I get it. A lot of Priest's spell identity is having a wide variety of narrow tools, and you can't make a deck like that function if you don't have either a lot of card draw or stupid amounts of targeted spell generation. And now we're coming off of two years of everyone getting sick of Renew and Palm Reading, so now they're moving back to their old accidental identity of "play Northshire Cleric plus Circle of Healing and draw your entire deck by turn 6".

Capped
Jun 21, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

How’s Azshara been working for you? I cut her from my DH deck because I found her a little awkward. Bone Glaive is a good choice for helping to pressure Druids, you can run two if you cut the aldrachi but that will eat into the winrate against hunters and the mirror

She’s been one of the win conditions tbh. If you get an aggressive start she frequently pushes over the hump with her weapon or draw or duplicating fury. Aldrichi hasn’t felt effective ever really. I’m pretty sure I’ll cut it for glaive or another naga but I would only cut Azshara if I got rid of multiple cheap spells which isn’t going to happen

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I switched to Reno Quest Priest around D10 and I'm currently 57% after 21 games but I'm pretty sure I've tanked my MMR because I'm not seeing a lot of meta decks, but this was a fun Pirate Warrior game:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/r8kJPqScMoPsEbjU9b6FNT

I made a mistake early by picking SW:D when there were no targets but it didn't cost me the game and I won because of my big brain play to use Finley on the turn after I completed the quest so that I could most likely pull Reno to survive (and also because my opponent didn't have Mr Smite for once). Then on the next turn my opponent made the mistake of not killing him and conceded, but to be fair they probably don't see a lot of Quest Priest so they probably didn't know what could happen there.

Might be time to add another deck to the library soon. I've been beaten by a Beast Hunter deck that revives King Krush or a big colossal minion and it seemed pretty fun.

Kalko fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 18, 2022

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I'm playing that Reno Priest right now...

Nourish, you say? Felt loving great.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I honestly think I would beat every Druid if they didn't have Kazakusan because I've had a couple of them wiff on it and they were easy wins. I have a solution for all of their turns except the one where they go off. If only I could fit some mill into this thing!

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
The meta is a lot better than it was. With the exception of modifying Switcheroo and maybe fine tuning a mech, the new set is great. My major complaints are against cards from last year, namely Kazakusan and the warrior Quest. Man was I ever wrong about how oppressive Kazakusan would turn out.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

The meta is a lot better than it was. With the exception of modifying Switcheroo and maybe fine tuning a mech, the new set is great. My major complaints are against cards from last year, namely Kazakusan and the warrior Quest. Man was I ever wrong about how oppressive Kazakusan would turn out.

Kazakusan feels less oppressive than it did in late alterac. I have been climbing with ramp druid and I rarely play it - only in long grindy games.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Guff is also a pretty big issue.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

orangelex44 posted:

Guff is also a pretty big issue.

it's not even close to being one of the best cards in ramp druid. if anything buffed nourish is the offending card.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Druid def has a lot of obnoxious cards, but Guff letting them break rules leads to some real dumb poo poo like being able to do 16 from hand with two cards

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The 3-deck tournament meta isn't looking too hot.

Ramp Druid is a requirement, basically making it a 2-deck lineup format.

And from that, Pirate Warrior, Pirate Rogue, and Mech Paladin have proven to be beaten by everything, cancelling them as considerations from the meta.

Leaving us with very little prep choice on what to play. Endless Quest Hunter/Burn Shaman Mirrors, or some goofy DH or Priest deck.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

When Pigs Cry posted:

Druid def has a lot of obnoxious cards, but Guff letting them break rules leads to some real dumb poo poo like being able to do 16 from hand with two cards

Haha yeah that's crazy!

-Warrior with 1 natural Smite, gorehowl, random summoned Smite, 4 damage from cannon shots, and 3 1 mana pirates one of which is also probably a Smite hitting your face for over 30 damage on turn 9.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
My Naga Mage has been farming Quest Warriors, Quest Hunters, mech paladin, mech mage, and any cute deck, but drat is it mind taxing.
On turn 5, maybe 6, you have to play 15+ cards, each of them in the proper sequence, while figuring out targets, discovers and which card to play next each within seconds and you need to start your pop off turn immediately or you will rope.
But a 12-0 win rate against Quest Warrior is result enough.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Disargeria posted:

Haha yeah that's crazy!

-Warrior with 1 natural Smite, gorehowl, random summoned Smite, 4 damage from cannon shots, and 3 1 mana pirates one of which is also probably a Smite hitting your face for over 30 damage on turn 9.

This game has more than 8 turns?

-Druid with a 8/8 taunt, 20+ armor, a 2/4 Orace of Elune and 4 X 8/8 Naga giants on turn 8

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

58 dmg on turn 8 is cool and good.

http://hsreplay.net/replay/fZVD6kw9tHS2Zy9vpXYwHB#turn=8a

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
This has been doing pretty ok. Hard control until you can assemble your otk (To the front! X2 Galvangar + 1 or 2 faceless and/ or Battlemaster)…things like from the depths and general chip damage can accelerate the eventual otk turn though.

In my experience though, it Folds hard to bad draws. Generally just draw like an animal while keeping the board as clean as possible.

### Control
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Shield Slam
# 2x (2) Forged in Flame
# 2x (2) Frozen Buckler
# 1x (2) Man the Cannons
# 2x (2) Obsidiansmith
# 2x (2) To the Front!
# 2x (3) From the Depths
# 2x (3) Heavy Plate
# 2x (3) Shield Block
# 2x (4) Outrider's Axe
# 2x (5) Brawl
# 2x (5) Faceless Manipulator
# 1x (6) Battleground Battlemaster
# 1x (6) Captain Galvangar
# 1x (6) Mr. Smite
# 1x (7) Nellie, the Great Thresher
# 1x (7) Rokara, the Valorous
# 2x (10) Shield Shatter
#
AAECAc2LBQbH+QO/gASbgQS8igSKpQSOyQQMju0D+IAE+YwE+owEiKAEiaAErKAE/KIEi7cEjLcEkLcEjtQEAA==
#

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Disargeria posted:

Haha yeah that's crazy!

pirate warrior is def. something, and i get it... playing very linear decks with high expected outcomes feels frustrating but it's not quite to druid levels of absurdity. not even close. all a druid needs is to get to seven mana before scales comes down, which full clears almost any board developed by then (because other players are really only on four or five mana) and then the pain train is full steam ahead at that point. naga giants, miracle growths, combined with oracle and earthen scales effectively acts as a reno plus multiple high health taunts, which if those can be cleared, is usually followed up by onyxia (which is yet another full board clear) and now the deck is starting to weave in battlemaster so there's additional otk potential if any of these big minions are left on board for even just a single turn. if someone is somehow able to clear through all of these threats, and the druid appears to be out of cards, then comes down kazakusan, for a complete refill and a whole other set of threats to deal with. a well piloted ramp druid deck genuinely feels like playing against a hs pve boss encounter. it's like the old quest warlock but worse. the game will take you to fatigue, and then it begins another phase by having you deal with an 8 / 8 while reloading their deck.

the standard druid play is some combo of wild growth into nourish (usually involving a coin / innervate), to get up to seven mana asap. along the way, usually the druid will find a jerry rig, a kelpkeeper, or wrath along the way to speed bump other player during their early turns. it feels very oppressive, and the games go on for a while unless you just concede after the initial scales clears your board followed up by the standard big taunt + earthen scales reno heal. look at these stats for a popular version of the deck at legend:

at 1k legend, the only decks that are favored against ramp druid are aggro dh, face hunter, beast taunt druid, and murlock. other "oppressive" decks like pirate warrior, mech mage, switcheroo priest, pirate rogue are basically a coin flip.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Scale of Onxyia should be changed. 14 ATK to spread around with minions for 7 is dumb. Completely negates the drawback of druid falling behind on board to ramp.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Ramp druid is a cool deck but people are teching pretty hard against it now. Wouldn't be surprised if its win rate dropped over the next few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Reno Priest is pretty fun. It's hard not to appreciate the comedy of it all when I gently caress around a little too much with card generation and Finley and end up invalidating Reno's highlander condition when I need him

edit: Here's a "bad Hearthstone predictions" throwback -- anyone remember when League of Explorers came out and the consensus among everyone (not just on this site IIRC) was that Reno decks would all still probably run several 2x cards just because they weren't worth giving up? I don't think that ever ended up being the case with any of the highlander build-arounds, turns out the consistency of those effects was way more important.

goferchan fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 19, 2022