Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sonic 3, to me, got way worse over the years. I remember zipping through levels and it feeling super fun. Replaying it and wow there's just way too much bullshit getting in the way.

It's like they add in one or two more fast areas, but then make sure the rest of a given zone is even more like Marble Zone than ever before.

2 seems to have hit that sweet spot of it being improved on the original, but not yet total bullshit.

Just some bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You'd be amazed at how people manage to gently caress up operating a controller. Like the people confused about the N64 controller thinking they need three hands for it.

Yeah, you need at least four!

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I hope they add wario land games :)

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Sonic 3, to me, got way worse over the years. I remember zipping through levels and it feeling super fun. Replaying it and wow there's just way too much bullshit getting in the way.

It's like they add in one or two more fast areas, but then make sure the rest of a given zone is even more like Marble Zone than ever before.

2 seems to have hit that sweet spot of it being improved on the original, but not yet total bullshit.

Just some bullshit.

this just makes it sound like you're bad at sonic 3. hydrocity is one of the smoothest, fastest levels in the series

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I don't really have much of a horse in the Golden Sun race. Even if you ignore that one LP, the first Golden Sun game was only half a game. You have 4 lighthouses to visit and you only get to two of them before the game is over. Even when I played it back in the day I thought that was really stupid, and it soured me on the whole experience. Enough that I never bothered with the second game, much less the third.

Reading people's minds was fun, I admit. I love extra flavor text.

An Actual Princess posted:

this just makes it sound like you're bad at sonic 3. hydrocity is one of the smoothest, fastest levels in the series

I was watching a friend stream Sonic 3 awhile ago, who had never played Sonic before, and he could NOT make it past Hydrocity. It was sad. Said friend had also laughed at the number of times I died in Sonic Mania when I was streaming it, but hey at least I got to the end!

I told him he's not allowed to laugh at me when he watches me play games anymore.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

An Actual Princess posted:

I should have been clearer; the bullshit really starts after Hydrocity, which still I love. It and Angel Island are great, and I prefer the two (2!) different bonus stages to anything from previous Sonic games.

But that 3rd zone is just.. Goddamn, and I don't feel it gets much better after that.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I ended up getting God Eater 3 not only for myself, but for a friend who was looking for more co-op games. Can't wait to replay it. :peanut:

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I like the music in the winter stage of sonic 3

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I should have been clearer; the bullshit really starts after Hydrocity, which still I love. It and Angel Island are great, and I prefer the two (2!) different bonus stages to anything from previous Sonic games.

But that 3rd zone is just.. Goddamn, and I don't feel it gets much better after that.

at least it stays good longer than sonic 1

you hit marble zone in sonic 1 and the momentum, both figurative and literal, just grinds to a halt and the game never recovers. even in 1993 i thought it sucked.

sonic 2 seems like a fluke in hindsight, that game is legit great in a series that mostly sucks

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

sonic cd is not that good imo.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

a rare inverse delay

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1516402561703686144

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

assumed Xeno3 was the big holiday game since Zelda got delayed, now I'm wondering what their big game for Xmas will be

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Bayo is a bit too niche to fill that role. Is gen 9 gonna be done by then?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Oh poo poo hell yeah

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Metroid: Prime remaster basically confirmed

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I still want NES Remix :colbert:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Who even knows anymore. Did anyone in April 2021 have any inkling that Metroid Dread would be out in six months?

Waluigi ARPG, coming Christmas 2022.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/hd_kirin/status/1516414965539868672?s=21&t=PBGRo9LZwZlM-HgbyjRYXQ

Who the gently caress plays this lmao

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Tetris 99 is doing a Kirby theme event later this week.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Who the gently caress plays this lmao

I would, if combat is fun and rewarding.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Combat was boring in XBC1 then fun in XBC2 based on the trend XBC3 will have the best battle system of all time

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Me

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

hatty posted:

Combat was boring in XBC1 then fun in XBC2 based on the trend XBC3 will have the best battle system of all time

Nah it's alternating so it'll be real bad.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I can’t wait for my big dumb laser sword boys

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

I still want NES Remix :colbert:

SNES remix would be the poo poo

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xenoblade reminds me of the early 2k Evony Online ads where it's all JPGs of busty ladies with their clothes falling off but the actual gameplay is like, SNES-era SimCity.

I played 2/3 of one of them, 50 hours or so. Can't remember which one.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

2nd one is the worst game I played on switch.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
anime is good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

nintendo should make an anime

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Will Xenoblade Chronicles 3 have that really bad gacha system? If it still revolves around collecting those characters that you level up on a timer and are necessary to get through obstacles in the game world, than hard loving pass. That was the worst.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nintendo should make an anime

It’s coming out in July op

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

endocriminologist posted:

I like the music in the winter stage of sonic 3

Ironically that's probably the track that's given Sonic 3 the most of these copyright music issues. From what I remember, when they confirmed Michael Jackson did indeed work on Sonic 3, it revealed he wasn't the only musician to, which is when music became the issue for Sonic 3 rereleases.

https://youtu.be/z2t1JeDxaQw

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

American McGay posted:

Bayo is a bit too niche to fill that role. Is gen 9 gonna be done by then?

Pokémon has never taken a holiday Nintendo slot, they've always been in conjunction.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fire Emblem is Nintendos other horny anime.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If only Nintendo would let people get horny about tanks and release a new Advance Wars

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

I said come in! posted:

Will Xenoblade Chronicles 3 have that really bad gacha system? If it still revolves around collecting those characters that you level up on a timer and are necessary to get through obstacles in the game world, than hard loving pass. That was the worst.

Doesn't look like it so far.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Fire Emblem is Nintendos other horny anime.

All nintendo games are horny anime

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Willo567 posted:

Was Golden Sun popular in Japan? I know the first two games sold well there, but apparently they sold more copies in the U.S.. and the third game had a humongous drop off in sales there. I feel like it's mostly Westerners who want Isaac in Smash

Golden Sun was always very niche. Another JRPG series in a sea of them. It got more exposure to Western audiences because of less competition back then.

I don't even think the series got any non-video game media apart from some Japanese gag manga

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ohtsam posted:

Doesn't look like it so far.

Okay good, this might end up being the best Xenoblade game so far. I loved XC1 & X, but hated XC2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Gacha stuff didn’t bother me in XBC2, I didn’t grind it though I just let the chances fall where they may and just rolled with what I got. Feel bad for those that wanted Kos-Mos though