Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
A modern day Jet Set Radio :circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I don't pay super close attention to to the lore, but I understood the world of Elden Ring as being sort of a purgatory or a land of the dead. When people died in the Lands Between they returned to the Erdtree and I assumed they would be born again in a different world or something.

The Lands Between is more of a "land of the gods" than a purgatory or land of the dead. It has that in common with Lordran from DS1.

One thing about the Erdtree is that it's not natural or native to this world. It's the result of the Elden Beast crashing down and is a corruption of the Great Tree/Crucible of Life that was there before. It's an instrument of the Greater Will. Souls returning to the Erdtree isn't a natural process. I'm not 100% sure about this part but I don't think souls are sent to the Erdtree to be reborn--I think they're nourishing the Erdtree.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
What does a modern Crazy Taxi look like?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rarity posted:

Please just get Hideki back, he will do it, I know he will, he's been like the one guy carrying the torch for the series.

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

So like the mobile idle game has a conceit where you're running a taxi company pitted against like a silicon valley ride share business, so that might be a place to go for like...a story.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Simpsons Road Rage

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Harrow posted:

The Lands Between is more of a "land of the gods" than a purgatory or land of the dead. It has that in common with Lordran from DS1.

One thing about the Erdtree is that it's not natural or native to this world. It's the result of the Elden Beast crashing down and is a corruption of the Great Tree/Crucible of Life that was there before. It's an instrument of the Greater Will. Souls returning to the Erdtree isn't a natural process. I'm not 100% sure about this part but I don't think souls are sent to the Erdtree to be reborn--I think they're nourishing the Erdtree.

I think it's also possible there was already a big tree and that's why the Greater Will is so interested in the Lands Between to begin with

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I don't know, but it better sound like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXJbFl7bKT4

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
When Crazy Taxi Man arrives at the customers location, his world is turned upside down as a dangerous women drags him into an adventure of danger, crime and maybe even love

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I think it's also possible there was already a big tree and that's why the Greater Will is so interested in the Lands Between to begin with

There was. It's the "Great Tree" which grew over the Crucible of Life. The Erdtree basically usurped that.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Baller Time posted:

When Crazy Taxi Man arrives at the customers location, his world is turned upside down as a dangerous women drags him into an adventure of danger, crime and maybe even love

John Taxi

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the article says they're in search of the next Fortnite so i'd continue to keep my JSR interests aligned with Bombrush Cyberfunk instead

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The 7th Guest posted:

the article says they're in search of the next Fortnite so i'd continue to keep my JSR interests aligned with Bombrush Cyberfunk instead

100 taxis parachute onto an island ...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256846543/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1628782622

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Modern Day Jet Set Radio. A gritty open world Jet Set Reboot where Officer Onishima has hunted down most of the GGs and Beat's out for revenge and is also a father now I guess.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm an idiot, can you explain this to me

The same thing that effects hollows is happening to Drangleic and the curse on you grows until there is nothing left to consume, same implication as DS1. Its just more pronounced, the outside world is falling apart more explicitly/seemingly more time has passed of things going to poo poo without a linking of the fire because Vendrick refused.

Harrow posted:

Im pretty sure thats exactly whats happening.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gimme a release date, Reptile.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Harrow posted:

I want to know what the Haligtree is in relation to the Erdtree. why is Malenia taking a nap there

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I'm going to watch the reveal of the new WoW expansion so y'all don't have to

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

How are they able release a new expansion with zero surviving employees?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Gimme a release date, Reptile.
there's a billboard in that trailer that has 'july 20th' on it, so... maybe??? :shrug:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Whizzing Wizard posted:

gently caress now I know about it I'm going to watch it too :negative:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

there's a billboard in that trailer that has 'july 20th' on it, so... maybe??? :shrug:

If that's true, then between Centennial Case, AI Nirvana, and that, my summer would be set.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Rarity posted:

the only thing I need this team to do is understand the concept of love

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
UNDERSTA- UNDERSTA- UNDERSTA- UNDERSTA- UNDERSTAND THE POWER OF LOVE

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Looks like free love is too tame for some people

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Non-Fungible Birthday Cakes

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

the last time I checked in on hideki naganuma he seems to spend most of his time now being horny on twitter

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lol the start of the WoW stream is the staff going 'we're sorry, we're so sorry, we're trying to fix it'

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Please just get Hideki back, he will do it, I know he will, he's been like the one guy carrying the torch for the series.

At least the work he's showing on Bombrush Cyberfunk kicks rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cKp-uCO8og

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Modern Crazy Taxi would be cool but Idk how much appetite there is for a pure arcade game type release in 2022, as fun as Crusin Blast was.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dragons are returning to Azeroth. The planet is healing :unsmith:

e: You can play a sexy dragongirl now

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also as far as Sega arcade games go, rerelease Outrun 2006 cowards

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Scalies are finally getting represented in WoW, I guess.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rarity posted:

Lol the start of the WoW stream is the staff going 'we're sorry, we're so sorry, we're trying to fix it'

As part of Blizzards apology, they are adding a big tittie dragon race as a new playable race.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Scalies are finally getting represented in WoW, I guess.

Does WoW have a cat people race yet?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gripweed posted:

They're in the lore but not playable

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Nah, they have the Vulpera though, which is a fox. I think that's better.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Rarity posted:

They're in the lore but not playable

lame

I said come in! posted:

Nah, they have the Vulpera though, which is a fox. I think that's better.

huh, they're like little fox-goblins. Not bad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

At least the work he's showing on Bombrush Cyberfunk kicks rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cKp-uCO8og

Oh no yeah, he's done a fair amount of work post-JSR and man hasn't missed a beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWHFr9KJGBk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The new expansion will add flying from the start, and you get a dragon mount that you can now customize with new armor, and pick its colors, and other features.