Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Aquamen cancelled? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I mean, yeah obviously it was cancelled. At least I am not an Atom fan or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

That's cool, and Tom Taylor is just about the only person writing good books at DC now. So that should be a good read.

Action Comics is real good right now.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
For anyone still following Trial of the Amazons, DC solicits just flat-out spoils the "mystery" :sweatdrop:

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Aquamen cancelled? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Aw, that legit sux. I had recently actually started to care about the metaplot here. There are at least five or six other books that deserve cancellation more.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BrianWilly posted:

For anyone still following Trial of the Amazons, DC solicits just flat-out spoils the "mystery" :sweatdrop:

Aw, that legit sux. I had recently actually started to care about the metaplot here. There are at least five or six other books that deserve cancellation more.

I assume it’s cause Arthur is dying and would not make much sense to have it plural if there is one.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

For sure. I have liked it so far, and everyone not believing Arthur is working with Black Manta is a nice touch.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I will not take this Jeremy Adams erasure.

Ram V putting out nothing but bangers for us ungrateful swine!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "deserving" cancelation? I ask in part because I realized how few ongoing series DC even has in recent times.

Ongoing Series as of July 2022 Solicitations
Action Comics
Batgirls
Batman
Batman/Superman: World's Finest
Batman: Urban Legends
Black Adam
Catwoman
Deathstroke Inc.
Detective Comics
The Flash
Future State: Gotham
Harley Quinn
I Am Batman
Nightwing
Poison Ivy
Robin
Superman: Son of Kal-El
Wonder Woman

It's a pretty far cry from the New 52, and as of July there are only six non-Bat-Family ongoings (five if you don't count Deathstroke). Granted I could see the argument for eliminating about half of the Bat Family books as superfluous. But they somehow continue to sell better than about everything else.

If it's any consolation, Thomas and Brown seem to be writing some Aquaman related stuff for Dark Crisis, so it's possible the "Aquamen" book is ending because one of the two titular Aquamen are dead for Dark Crisis. And they may be planning on bringing back a lot of the non-Trinity/Bat Family books in a new form after Dark Crisis, because otherwise oof.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 16, 2022

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Space Fish posted:

Ram V putting out nothing but bangers for us ungrateful swine!

Yeah! You all better be reading Swamp Thing, or else... :blastu:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Ah, I was mostly exaggerating, though I was also thinking very specifically of stuff like Teen Titans Academy, Suicide Squad, and Justice League. I did also forget that these are in fact actually all finished now, but still...these miasma portals were allowed to run for as many as fourteen issues. Awfully unfair, compared to something like Aquamen getting axed far sooner.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010

Edge & Christian posted:

Ongoing Series as of July 2022 Solicitations
Action Comics
Batgirls
Batman
Batman/Superman: World's Finest
Batman: Urban Legends
Black Adam
Catwoman
Deathstroke Inc.
Detective Comics
The Flash
Future State: Gotham
Harley Quinn
I Am Batman
Nightwing
Poison Ivy
Robin
Superman: Son of Kal-El
Wonder Woman

The pain of being a Green Lantern fan.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Nonsense, there are no green lantern fans. There are only hal jordan fans.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Azubah posted:

Geoff Johns account finally reveals itself.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Pioneer42 posted:

The pain of being a Green Lantern fan.

https://screenrant.com/green-lantern-alliance-tai-pham-kid-flash-comics/
Tai Pham returns (with a new Kid Flash??) April 26

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Azubah posted:

-This post was paid for by Hal's Emerald Attack Team

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Gimme a GL ensemble series that isn't about Hal, John, Guy, and (i guess) Kyle

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hell I'd be fine with just a Jessica book

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I want a Kyle solo book :colbert:

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Where's my G'nort book, cowards?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Where is my book about the Green Lantern Corps going after one of their own who has become the head of a dangerous cartel?

Green Lantern: G'Norteños

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

catlord posted:

Where's my G'nort book, cowards?

Was it him or the squirrel GL that now became a blue lantern? Also, this was a missed opportunity to introduce more formally male Star Sapphires

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
What, y'all aren't getting your Green Lantern fill from Human Target?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

hell I'd be fine with just a Jessica book

Green Lanterns with her and Baz was too good for this world

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Green Lanterns with her and Baz was too good for this world

Extremely agree. It was nice seeing DC characters actually be friends with each other and have lives that matter outside being a super hero. The Halloween issue was fantastic.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I read through Justice League 3000 today. What a disjoint book.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Fully two thirds of DC’s ongoing titles being Batman-related is pretty painful to see

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Beerdeer posted:

At the time it was great at stringing along desperate fans of characters erased by the New 52.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Beerdeer posted:

It does have the best Legion Cameo I have ever seen, at least.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Check out Detective comics #559. You won't be disappointed.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So apparently it is Superman Day. I saw this on Twitter and absolutely loved it.

https://twitter.com/calamityjon/status/1516162217938354177?t=geZpOodRM6ckZaaChTTUxw&s=19

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Another great Nightwing this month! I don't know much about the Flash or his relationship with Dick but it seemed really well depicted and it was fun to see Flash doing the sorts of things any actual human would do with his powers (i.e., compulsively checking in on everyone he cares about).

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

This week's Flash was actually pretty good too. Really loved the sequence in the center of the earth.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Flash is always good. It might be the one DC title that hasn't missed a beat yet, at least until I think of another one that also hasn't.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Superman day 'ey, sounds good!

Any fav Superman comics runs, especially just regular runs of the monthly titles? I've got a few elseworlds ones etc people mention, and I've been meaning to read the Alan Moore ones and some Curt Swan drawn stuff. But does the book have a solid year or two here and there, especially from the 70s on?

The early 2000s with Joe Kelly etc looked kind of fun, with some ups and downs, and some complex crossover continuity between the four ongoings. And I know some dig the early 90s stuff.

I've been meaning to watch the 90s animated series too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Up, up and away, the first arc in the One Year later era was a fun story.

Edit: If you have HBOmax don't sleep on the cartoon.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 20, 2022

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Time And Time Again.

My introduction to Superman comics, Booster Gold and the Legion of Super Heroes. A seven part time travel story from the early 90s. It's very silly and a little dated but I cherish those memories and I have a copy of the trade signed by Dan Jurgens, if I had a house fire I'd probably go back just for that book.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The Rebirth Tomasi run is like A+ Superman imo (aside from one awkward issue) and then you can read Super Sons and then you can stop reading when Bendis comes on.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

The John Byrne Superman relaunch is a pretty great introduction to the character. A fantastic reboot that both reintroduced most major elements of his life, and doesn't pretend like he doesn't have history. Superman both explains how he is able to fly, and also doesn't explain that he knows Hawkman during a crossover thing where he appears.

The Man of Steel trades go on sale for cheap all the time digitally. They are a huge recommend if you want Superman as a solid long term read and don't want to just hit the highest peaks and then move on to another character. Morrison's All Star Superman is an all time great comic and I think the pinnacle of Superman comics, but it definitely works more effectively if you have some grounding the the character (especially Silver Age stuff).

TwoPair posted:

The Rebirth Tomasi run is like A+ Superman imo (aside from one awkward issue) and then you can read Super Sons and then you can stop reading when Bendis comes on.

Huge agree with this.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Morrison's 12 issues of Action Comics with the start of New 52 is really good and I think if everything else had been even half that smart DC would have destroyed Marvel's market share in comic shops.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I just read Superman & The Authority after not reading any Superman since Morrison's Action Comics and thought it was pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Skwirl posted:

Morrison's 12 issues of Action Comics with the start of New 52 is really good and I think if everything else had been even half that smart DC would have destroyed Marvel's market share in comic shops.

:hai:

Good Superman comics coming out right after universe reboots is becoming a bit of a trend. Maybe we need to pressure DC to do another reboot so we can get another excellent Superman series.