Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Anecdotally, I’ve heard of a handful of suspensions occurring over the years for blatant training. Almost never has it been the “one time” someone had enough and went Michael Douglas/Falling Down on someone. Again, anecdotally, it’s always been someone who’s a serial offender that just finally got hit for it.

That said, I didn’t intend for that to be taken as a license for people to engage in training, it was more about illustrating that if you get trained, it probably wasn’t someone warping just beneath the world under you and then warping to zone out just to train you. It was probably someone doing it the old fashioned way. I’ve been subjected to enough of them over the years, and it’s only ever been using warping when we were competing for open world or contested raid targets.

And even then, with the amount of people who stream these days, even that is ill-advised. DPG doesn’t give a gently caress about your fraps video of someone training you, but if you’re showing them a twitch clip, mid stream, that makes it real obvious, I’ve never seen them fail to take action on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I highly recommend not training, like, even accidents result in suspends because people will record you and submit it.

We've spitefully done it to people that trained us, though they are typically rival guilds that did it to get mobs, hold onto the videos until just before an expac launch.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You aren’t going to get suspended for the one time you legit have 20 mobs on you and run to the zone line. You’re only getting suspended if you’re being a dick. Just play nice.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Has anyone seen info about what mobs got their types changed, specifically all our new animals? I’m excited about all the new Druid charm targets. I read a random post saying beetles are flagged as animals, which gives Druids charm targets in a ton of dungeons.

This has the potential to be a massive buff.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Zil posted:

So does this mean that all newbie zone skeletons can't be attacked normally by melee?

Someone on test pulled a decaying skeleton to the guards in Qeynos, and this was the situation an hour later:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Node posted:

Someone on test pulled a decaying skeleton to the guards in Qeynos, and this was the situation an hour later:

They gotta fix this before the new TLP right? Can you imagine the headache for all the newbie yards with tons of skeles?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

MrSargent posted:

They gotta fix this before the new TLP right? Can you imagine the headache for all the newbie yards with tons of skeles?

Finally, after all these years we can truly experience “The Vision” as intended.

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

onesixtwo posted:

Finally, after all these years we can truly experience “The Vision” as intended.

Ahh yes, making the game so hard as yet unplayable as you can't even kill a skeleton. O ya and you can disarm (to the ground) top tier weapons.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
You can just get a mage to summon magic weapons, cmon stop complaining

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

that just allows others to butt in on their cracked staff farming, the smart option is to prevent melees from being able to kill skeletons as long as possible to monopolize that sweet sweet staff plat

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Sell summoned daggers

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007

Orange DeviI posted:

You can just get a mage to summon magic weapons, cmon stop complaining

The magic tag has been removed from all items.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

PyRosflam posted:

The magic tag has been removed from all items.

lmao holy poo poo roll a rogue

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Orange DeviI posted:

lmao holy poo poo roll a rogue

But then you would be playing a rogue.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Node posted:

Yeah, thats a lol.

Also that guard has some health missing, the skeleton was able to do that much damage to the guard?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Zil posted:

Yeah, thats a lol.

Also that guard has some health missing, the skeleton was able to do that much damage to the guard?

Some of the Qeynos guards are like level 15. Lol if it's one of the super guards that's lost health 4hp at a time from an invincible skeleton.

Just cast burst of fire you noobs.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003
Another ban wave went out last night. I don't know if it's new, but the emails specifically mentioned "third party software".

The bans seem to have hit every server including Rizlona. It seems Daybreak has "altered the terms" of the Rizlona rule enforcement without warning.

We'll see if they apologize/announce anything, but they are going to lose a lot of money/subscriptions.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
One of my buddies quoted what looked like their EULA and it calls our third party software and mentions they're basically reading the memory on your PC to check for it.

Like you said, this will kill live servers and the older TLPs. The only servers with enough population to not functionally require players to box 2+ characters are TLPs prior to, like, Planes of Power.

I get enforcing it against blatant hacking, warping and the shitheads but if anything, discouraging boxing means less subs, period.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

suuma posted:

One of my buddies quoted what looked like their EULA and it calls our third party software and mentions they're basically reading the memory on your PC to check for it.

Like you said, this will kill live servers and the older TLPs. The only servers with enough population to not functionally require players to box 2+ characters are TLPs prior to, like, Planes of Power.

I get enforcing it against blatant hacking, warping and the shitheads but if anything, discouraging boxing means less subs, period.

Yeah they have been process scanning for a long time, but it was always kind of an unspoken rule that as long as you don't cause trouble you won't get suspended/banned. JChan seems to be changing that.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
I'm a returning player on Live. I kinda wish they'd allow you to at least 2box with a single sub

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
Apparently most of these last few ban rounds are just 7-14 day suspensions and not outright bans?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Arae posted:

Another ban wave went out last night. I don't know if it's new, but the emails specifically mentioned "third party software".

The bans seem to have hit every server including Rizlona. It seems Daybreak has "altered the terms" of the Rizlona rule enforcement without warning.

We'll see if they apologize/announce anything, but they are going to lose a lot of money/subscriptions.

I don’t think rizlona had any kind of allowance for it. IIRC it launched with the Truebox flag that prevented ISBoxer and the popular MQ2 distributions from loading on it. That got removed after a big (reasonable) forum meltdown, and then it was flagged like a live server. As far as I know that’s what the community took to mean that MQ2 was A OK there.

I don’t use the program and it doesn’t appeal to me but even from my POV the inconsistent enforcement does way more harm then good. Like maybe just focus on detecting warp hacks until people are afraid to use them again? Blanket targeting the software is way out of touch with the reality

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

And even then it does not seem to be blanket suspensions. Some people are reporting only 1 of their accounts getting hit, while others are losing entire crews. There have also been reports of accounts that have not been logged into for months getting hit.

So something fucky is going on.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
On Mischief I'm restarting an 'old' level 55 character - wheres the better place to buy an AE PL these days to get the last 10 levels and some AAs ? Deep/PoI/Velks ?

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
Enjoying FV so far with 3 players each boxing two chars. Got up to 40 doing serpents spine content over a couple nights. Can we sub up for 1 month just to get auto grant AAs? If so when’s the best time to pop that? Some nice dude plopped 50K on me which was more than enough to get our melees some reavers and 41% haste, otherwise still rocking defiant gear. Wondering how far we can get in group content without AAs once we climb into the sixties and beyond.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Without AA’s you will quickly be at a huge disadvantage. I’m not sure exactly what level it will begin to hurt but I’d assume 70+ will start to get real painful.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
If you just want to play EQ and mess around, Test server is free All-Access (except for the latest 2(?) expansions). Economy is kinda busted; everything is 1p in the Bazaar but you can probably ask in General chat for "starter cash" and get handed a million plat.

On FV, yea, you'll be feeling the pain of no AAs around 65-70. You can probably get away with it with mercs until whatever level mercs stop holding up (75?), but I think f2p players get worse mercs too?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I've been thinking about playing on the new Vaniki server when its out next month. So many things are going to be basically impossible or need a full raid to zerg at level 40, I'm thinking the frustration factor is going to be huge.

I'm guessing we'd need the level cap raising to 50 to have a chance at lots of non-raid epic 1.0 fights. For example I don't see a group of level 40 players surviving at the bridge chardok doing the camp for the monk epic drop. Hell I don't see them even getting to it.

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007

Baconroll posted:

I've been thinking about playing on the new Vaniki server when its out next month. So many things are going to be basically impossible or need a full raid to zerg at level 40, I'm thinking the frustration factor is going to be huge.

I'm guessing we'd need the level cap raising to 50 to have a chance at lots of non-raid epic 1.0 fights. For example I don't see a group of level 40 players surviving at the bridge chardok doing the camp for the monk epic drop. Hell I don't see them even getting to it.

If sky has shown me anything, your gonna need a raid of melee dps, casters become usless in sky when mobs hit about 55. Now can 32 people hold the bridge, I'm not sure just due to AC caps by level. But the old sleeper strat could work. (Res, damage shields, lifetaps).

Personally I think it's gonna be a really dumb strat.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

They did say they're lowering mob resists/ac (unless I had a fevered dream), to somewhat account for the level disparity.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I have no faith in their ability to actually do that

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007

MF_James posted:

They did say they're lowering mob resists/ac (unless I had a fevered dream), to somewhat account for the level disparity.

Even if they do, level plays into everything. Twinked to hell and back a level 40 does almost nothing to a level 60. Marginal damage to a level 50.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

There’s a gradual curve based on level difference up to the cap where your chance goes straight to 0%. From this (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38673) post:

quote:

Level 55 may hit up to 68 (+13)
Level 60 may hit up to 70 (+10)
Level 61-63 may hit up to 75 (+14 to +12)
Level 64 may hit up to 80 (+16)
Level 65 may hit up to 86 (+21)

I assume that hard cap is what they plan to tweak. I’d be really surprised if they go further than that. I don’t think they mentioned changing mob avoidance or AC values at all.

I expect zerging group tier stuff to be easy. I bet people will be killing poo poo in Riwwi and maybe Ferubi/Barindu with enough 40s of the right classes. Just single pull and keep rezzing.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

What about caps for level specific spells like mezzes and calm?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Seems like that would involve editing dozens of spells individually which I assume is in the ‘too much effort’ bracket. The promise they made of easing required/recommended levels on items is already potentially a lot of work

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
coming back after a long long long hiatus, and am somewhat confused as to where the active players are? should I roll in FV, or a different live server? is there an active goon guild still on Luclin?

if im interested in TLP should i wait for the new server?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
There is no goon presence. Sometimes people play on the TLPs. The thread is 10 years old.

If you want to play on a server with any sort of population, the newest TLP is the way to go.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

suuma posted:

There is no goon presence. Sometimes people play on the TLPs. The thread is 10 years old.

If you want to play on a server with any sort of population, the newest TLP is the way to go.

alrighty, thanks for the update. it's funny that i finally have time in my life to devote to this game i've always enjoyed (bought Ruins of Kunark and had to beg parents for a subscription, been on and off since) decades after it first released.

I've got a few characters on FV and Luclin if anyone is bored. Otherwise I'll probably hook up with a guild for one of the new TLPs launching on the 25th

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Played EQ as a kid and kept the itch for 20 years is probably how most of us are :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Solarin posted:

Seems like that would involve editing dozens of spells individually which I assume is in the ‘too much effort’ bracket. The promise they made of easing required/recommended levels on items is already potentially a lot of work

When they first announced the server this was my worry. It seems like a gimmick that would take a ton of staff hours to do right.

I think I’m sitting the TLPs out this year. But I’ll happily sit back with a bucket of popcorn and watch Vaniki drama unfold. Should be a hilarious clusterfuck and I hope at least one or two goons play there to provide trip reports.