Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I'm almost willing to go through whatever dread ritual Elon Musk used that completely fucks up your personality forever but gives you legions of fans who will say "Actually this man having a quarter-trillion dollars is a public good" with a straight face.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

You should consider renegotiating rates with your handler/churro vendor, surely your time is more valuable than that. Don't settle for anything less than one churro per poster, it's a worker's market right now after all!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
lol that Ballmer is so far ahead of the zucc

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/zackbeauchamp/status/1516087953465958405?t=6bNcwBeuar-WoO73aXKkEg&s=19
https://twitter.com/zackbeauchamp/status/1516090603045589004?t=-48AqRqo2eIDO5ek49vtpQ&s=19

i have to laugh

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://twitter.com/knotverseio/status/1516431645271728128

lol the naming.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

"I just don't have a compelling reason for why he would poll so badly"

(A billion young people explain exactly why)

"Tedious trolls"

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
https://twitter.com/SarahGrynpas/status/1516101126243991562?s=20&t=tLJuC0j_bTdQuFDgB4eGNA

42 replies. 0 Likes.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I mean, she's not wrong, but it's like saying "Young people voted overwhelmingly to be punched in the genitalia" when the alternative was defenestration.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
that's the liberal game plan yes: no we won't fight for anything progressive but have you seen the other guy?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair I think those Vox types genuinely can’t understand people are unhappy when you don’t do what you say you will.

Just unfathomable

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

vis-à-vis the Twitter Main Character of the day
https://twitter.com/notflugenedebs/status/1516385981032800261?s=20&t=88aBYxcp09qy_ed1nrBoXg

and that's enough Twitter for the week. i can feel my brain pickling in juices and they are not good ones

edit: "he can't be mittens-cold but not hat-cold, Jerry! it just doesn't happen. he's gotta have an angle we are not seeing"

Ramie has a new favorite as of 19:29 on Apr 19, 2022

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

catgirlgenius posted:

vis-à-vis the Twitter Main Character of the day
https://twitter.com/notflugenedebs/status/1516385981032800261?s=20&t=88aBYxcp09qy_ed1nrBoXg

and that's enough Twitter for the week. i can feel my brain pickling in juices and they are not good ones

Bernie couldn't even perform the emotional labor of dressing fancy for the man he lost the election to, how dare

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They've locked themselves down now, so the stages are progressing as designed.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Talking about 50s pedo scifi, John Varley was one of my favorite writers as a teenager when I'd read one or two of his books... I later read a collection of short stories, all of which I think were fine but for the last one, that was about a normal human dude walking into a tribe of people who had no sense of sight or sound. And lo a prepubescent naked girl teaches him the ways of their tribe, mostly through touching. Lots of touching. And later a full blown orgy.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Those morlocks had families.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair I think those Vox types genuinely can’t understand people are unhappy when you don’t do what you say you will.

Just unfathomable

They also just can't fathom anyone who isn't them. This is tangential but when the whole Joe Rogan controversy was happening I saw some talking head say "who even has time to listen to four hours of talking" and 1) that's your loving audience, How is someone putting on cable news all day any different? 2) 80% of jobs that aren't customer facing, truckers, any sort of warehouse stocking, etc.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

that's the liberal game plan yes: no we won't fight for anything progressive but have you seen the other guy?

At this moment in history that can be a compelling argument whether we like it or not.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kdrudy posted:

At this moment in history that can be a compelling argument whether we like it or not.

The Democrats are about to get absolutely murdered in the mid terms, so not really.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Skwirl posted:

The Democrats are about to get absolutely murdered in the mid terms, so not really.

That's just victory wine

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Time to break out my “liberal tears” mug

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

credburn posted:

Talking about 50s pedo scifi, John Varley was one of my favorite writers as a teenager when I'd read one or two of his books... I later read a collection of short stories, all of which I think were fine but for the last one, that was about a normal human dude walking into a tribe of people who had no sense of sight or sound. And lo a prepubescent naked girl teaches him the ways of their tribe, mostly through touching. Lots of touching. And later a full blown orgy.
I was happy for that particular memory to stay dead, thank you SO much for that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kit Walker posted:

That's just victory wine

oldpainless posted:

Time to break out my “liberal tears” mug

I was just pointing out it's not a compelling argument if it doesn't convince people to vote for you.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

credburn posted:

the persistence of vision?

won a nebula and a hugo because of course it did

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

nashona posted:

the persistence of vision?

won a nebula and a hugo because of course it did
I suddenly remembered the bit where the entire village gave him a literal spanking.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Splicer posted:

I suddenly remembered the bit where the entire village gave him a literal spanking.

ugh from a review

quote:

He stays for a while, falling in love with a adolescent hearing child of the founders
:barf:

nashona
May 8, 2014

moving on from pedos

good ol Glenn doxxed an extreme right winger and is mad.

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1516460293026500610?t=l7Nwv-9qsCaU6ROkzmqfNA&s=19

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/cvaldary/status/1515855452785029132

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Skwirl posted:

I was just pointing out it's not a compelling argument if it doesn't convince people to vote for you.

Oh yeah, I agree with you 100%. I was just obliquely referring to the dril tweet to make fun of the “it can be a compelling argument” line. Establishment Dems have been running on the platform of “vote for us or the other guy wins!” for ages now and it becomes less and less effective each time

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

nashona posted:

moving on from pedos

good ol Glenn doxxed an extreme right winger and is mad.

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1516460293026500610?t=l7Nwv-9qsCaU6ROkzmqfNA&s=19

It’s loving hilarious that this isn’t even the first time Glem has accidentally doxxed someone.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Skwirl posted:

This is what I don't get. They know they are about to be murdered, so why don't they cancel student loan debt, raise the minimum wage, and/or legalize weed? I imagine they would be more popular with voters if they passed policies that are popular and/or that they promised they would do.

Are they really just going to quietly let themselves lose and then blame progressives again?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Because the leadership are ancient boomer morons who find those things to be anathema. Anhedonia is a symptom of lead poisoning.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nebrilos posted:

This is what I don't get. They know they are about to be murdered, so why don't they cancel student loan debt, raise the minimum wage, and/or legalize weed? I imagine they would be more popular with voters if they passed policies that are popular and/or that they promised they would do.

Are they really just going to quietly let themselves lose and then blame progressives again?

They hate governing and also their constituents.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Nebrilos posted:

They'd prefer to stay in power, but if the choice is between those things or another Trump presidency, they'd much rather have the latter.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Nebrilos posted:

These are all things their constituents want, but they are mostly not interested in doing what their constituents want. They only want to keep the constituents barely not-pissed-off enough to keep voting for them over the republicans so they can get back in office and continue golfing with their corporate campaign donors and billionaire pals.

I don't really get the weed part though, that one is fairly well-supported among voters and wouldn't actually hurt corporate profits if they went through with it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The weed thing is genuinely just Joe Biden being terrified of people doing any sort of drugs. Probably some combination of being an old fart and having a son with high profile substance issues. He was crusading against raves in the 90s.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I don't really get the weed part though, that one is fairly well-supported among voters and wouldn't actually hurt corporate profits if they went through with it.

Maybe the prison industrial complex doesn't like weed legalization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Nebrilos posted:

Yes.