Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

There are a lot of Digimon names that are a little too on-the-nose, but I think Villainmon might take the cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ghost Game 22: after 10,000 years we're back baby! And given this is a comparatively lighthearted episode (of what is still a horror series) and that preview, next week might be an episode watch out for.

If I can be petty and mean for a second, man it feels good that this show has a strong enough cast that I can consistently enjoy a (probably) unimportant episode about them getting into hijinks (which, being Ghost Game involves a life or death struggle). I also appreciate that sometimes Hiro doesn't have to play an important role. These are both things that I missed during the back half slog of Adventure 20.

Also, huge shoutouts to the way the show was edited and animated for the first loop. That was a seriously good scare.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 17, 2022

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Yeah, this was a great "low stakes" episode to come back on (relatively).

Next week looks :stare: :stonk:

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

There are a lot of Digimon names that are a little too on-the-nose, but I think Villainmon might take the cake.

I mean, it was probably just a place holder name for a set themed around GG's future villain/s. The current listings don't have Villainmon on it anymore.

GG 22 Easter Egg:

GG 23 preview looks great:

So I guess we're getting Morphomon next week. The antenna seem to fit.

The blade looks like it might be a red herring, because there are test tubes in the background and the fingers look like Mummymon's. Otherwise I can't find a match.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 17, 2022

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Sleeping Sigma posted:

The blade looks like it might be a red herring, because there are test tubes in the background and the fingers look like Mummymon's. Otherwise I can't find a match.

They showed Mummymon's face in right before Clockmon, so I'd say that's a pretty safe bet

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The tcg has shown cards for Blue Flare and Bagra Army, as well as a surprise guest.

quote:

Gaossmon
Rookie | Virus | Reptile/Blue Flare
[On Deletion] You may play 1 level 4 Digimon card with [Blue Flare] in its traits from your hand suspended without paying its memory cost.

quote:

MailBirdramon
Champion | Data | Machine/Blue Flare
[On Play] If you have a [Christopher Aonuma] in play, you may return 1 [MetalGreymon] from your trash to your hand. If you don't have a [Christopher Aonuma] in play, you may play one from your hand without paying its memory cost.
[On Deletion] <Save>
-----
Inherited: [When Attacking] (Once Per Turn) While this Digimon has [Blue Flare] in its traits and your opponent has 2 or more Digimon in play, 1 of your opponent's Digimon can't attack or block until your opponent's next end of turn.

Stun effects are incredibly strong, so Blue Flare is already looking good

quote:

Troopmon
Adult | Data | Undead/Bagra's Army

[Opponent's Turn](once per turn) When your opponent's Digimon or Tamer is played. by discarding any 1 of this Digimon's evolution sources, Memory +1
[When Destroyed] <Save>
ESS: [Opponent's Turns] When this card is discarded from evolution sources by effects, Memory +1

MadLeomon
Adult | Virus | Undead/Bagra's Army

[Opponent's Turn](once per turn) When the number of cards in your opponent's hand is increased by effects, by discarding any 1 of this Digimon's evolution sources, your opponent discards cards from their hand equal to the number of cards that were increased
[When Destroyed] <Save>
[Digi Xros -2] (1 Digimon card with [Bagra's Army] in its traits
ESS: [Opponent's Turns] When this card is discarded from evolution sources by effects, Memory +1

It seems focused on hate, which may or may not be good: making players discard has historically been incredibly weak in Digimon

quote:

Sanzomon
Ultimate | Vaccine | Monk
[When Digivolving] 1 of your opponent's Digimon gains <Security Attack -1> until the end of your opponent's turn.
-----
Inherited: [When Attacking] (Once Per Turn) 1 of your opponent's Digimon gains <Security Attack -1> until the end of your opponent's turn.

Effect-wise, Sanzomon is pretty boring but she’s a) one of the lesser-known Digimon that’s a reference to Journey to the West, alongside Gokuwmon, as well as being a character in the backstory of Young Hunters

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Sanzomon being here suggests that this set will be doing Young Hunters stuff, which is honestly AOK with me.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/04/digimon-survive-launches-july-28-in-japan

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

July 2023 on North America and Europe.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

They seem pretty keen on this being a simultaneous release. We got English trailers not long after their Japanese counterparts. I imagine once there's a press release for the release date we'll get the American date.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I hope so, theres no reason we should be delayed, they had god knows how much time to set it up as such

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Omnicrom posted:

Sanzomon being here suggests that this set will be doing Young Hunters stuff, which is honestly AOK with me.

It may just be Digimon from a specific time period because we got Venusmon today, who didn't appear in Hunters at all. It'd make sense to have Hunters stuff in the Xros Wars pack though.

It's been delayed so much that I was doubting of its existence so I am extremely hyped right now, I really hope that ends up being the international release date too.

In other news, we got a new New Century Digimon (no name yet):
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1515939472487104512

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Huh, their April Fool's joke is a bit late this year.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I REALLY hope this game winds up being worth the wait

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Thinking about it in retrospect, the only thing I can see delaying the English release at the moment is the addition of multiple versions. The announcement I linked only mentions the PS4 and Switch versions, but I remember the first English trailer also showing Xbox and Steam. They've been transparent about information when they've had info to give, so I anticipate some sort of official announcement via Twitter sooner rather than later.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Xbox and Steam are exclusive to the west I believe, but the english version of the last trailer was the xbox version going by the controller buttons seen, so hopefully there's no problems there.

I see preordering will get you a Guilmon unit, which is neat.

Edit (pretty sure this is Xbox):

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 18, 2022

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
A bunch of cards got revealed through a magazine

quote:

Christopher Aonuma
General/Blue Flare

[Start of Your Turn] If you have 2 or less memory, set your memory to 3.
[Your Turn] When you play a Digimon card with DigiFuse requirements, by suspending this Tamer, you can also place cards from under your Tamers as the bottom of digivolution cards for DigiFuse.
---
[Security] Play this card without paying its memory cost.

The generals needing to suspend to fuse means they’re vulnerable to even the softest of Tamer hate, which is good]

quote:

Greymon
Champion | Virus | Dinosaur/Blue Flare

[On Play] Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Add 2 cards with [Blue Flare] in their traits from among them to your hand. Place the remaining cards at the bottom of your deck in any order. If you have a [Christopher Aonuma] card in play, you may return 1 [MetalGreymon] from your trash to your hand instead.

[On Deletion] <Save>
---
Inherited: [When Attacking] (Once Per Turn) If this Digimon has [Blue Flare] in its traits and your opponent has 2 or more Digimon in play, unsuspend this Digimon.

quote:

MetalGreymon
Ultimate | Virus | Cyborg/Blue Flare

<Material Save 2>
[On Play] This Digimon gains <Rush> for the turn. Then, if you DigiFused, 3 of your opponent's Digimon with less digivolution cards than this Digimon cannot attack or block until your opponent's next turn ends.

[(DigiFuse -2) [Greymon] x [MailBirdramon]]
It’s a good card with a powerful stun but its low power means that it’s not totally safe to attack into security. That said, the deck has a lot of recursion

quote:

Sparrowmon
Rookie | Data | Bird/Xros Heart/Twilight |

[Digivolve: 0 from lvl 2 with [Xros Heart] trait]
[All Turns] While you have a Tamer with [Xros Heart] or [Twilight] in its traits, this Digimon gets +3000 DP.
[On Deletion] <Save>
----
Inherited: [Opponent's Turn] While this Digimon has [Shoutmon] or [Mervamon] in its name, this Digimon gains <Reboot>.

quote:

Shoutmon X5
Ultimate | Data | Composite/Xros Heart

<Security Attack +1>
<Blocker>
<Material Save 3>
[(DigiFuse -2) [Shoutmon] x [Ballistamon] x [Dorulumon] x [Starmons] x [Sparrowmon]]
If you have all five components you can play it for free! That’s if you have all five. My gut instinct is that Xros Heart is going to be an unreliable deck with a high power ceiling but a low floor.

quote:

Shoutmon X5B
Mega | Data | Composite/Xros Heart

<Blocker> <Armor Purge>
[On Play] [When Digivolving] You may place 1 Digimon card with [Xros Heart] in its traits from your hand or from under 1 of your Tamers under this Digimon as its bottom digivolution card. Then, when this Digimon has a [Beelzemon] digivolution card, you may play 1 Lv.4 or lower Digimon card with [Xros Heart] in its traits from your trash without paying its memory cost.

[(DigiFuse -2) [Shoutmon X5] x [Beelzemon]]
Cross 5B, the Guardian (okay it’s the song for 4B but look it’s one of the best songs of the show)

It having Armor Purge is an interesting design, it seems to be a defensive pivot from the more offensive X5

Interestingly enough, it’s only an Uncommon, needing a Super Rare for one of its materials. My guess is that we’ll see another Beelzemon, this time with a Xros Heart tag

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

thetoughestbean posted:

Interestingly enough, it’s only an Uncommon, needing a Super Rare for one of its materials. My guess is that we’ll see another Beelzemon, this time with a Xros Heart tag

It'd be really weird if we didn't considering the Xros Wars version of Beelzebumon doesn't have a card yet, while we see him in X5's background and, obviously, he's part of X5B. I'd imagine X4B is in the set as well. Seeing how X5B is Red/Purple, Beelzebumon is likely purple itself.

Considering the cards we have here, Mervamon and Nene have to be in the set as well as Sparrowmon mentions the former by name and a Tamer card with the Twilight type, neither of which exist right now. JetMervamon is a safe bet as well simply because Sparrowmon and Mervamon are here.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

It'd be really weird if we didn't considering the Xros Wars version of Beelzebumon doesn't have a card yet, while we see him in X5's background and, obviously, he's part of X5B. I'd imagine X4B is in the set as well. Seeing how X5B is Red/Purple, Beelzebumon is likely purple itself.

Considering the cards we have here, Mervamon and Nene have to be in the set as well as Sparrowmon mentions the former by name and a Tamer card with the Twilight type, neither of which exist right now. JetMervamon is a safe bet as well simply because Sparrowmon and Mervamon are here.

Considering the Bagra Army cards revealed the other day specifically reference her brother, Nene is definitely gonna be in the set.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I honestly would've assumed that Sparrowmon was yellow, but I'm not sad they're in Black. On the other hand it makes sense, Dark Knightmon was also a Black Digimon when he appeared in BT7 and I suspect he's going to be given the Twilight trait (or Twilight/Bagra Army), so that suggests Nene will be our Black general and Kotone will be the Yellow General and also Twilight traited

From the looks of it so far the gimmick of the various armies is that Xros Heart goes in hard on one huge Digimon with tons of possible materials, Blue Flare seems to be going for the tried-and-true blue freezing mechanic, and the Bagra army appears to be focused on intentionally burning its own evolution bases for control effects. So far all of the Bagra Army Digimon have had the inherited effect "opponents turn: when this evolution base is discarded gain a memory" and both Troopmon and Madleomon have effects to trash their own bases on your opponents turn essentially to to do tax effect on them.

And if we're talking the card game imitating the anime, I point out that the game is providing mechanical incentives use both Taiki and Kiriha. Taiki can fish for cards to set materials for xrossing but he can only use a single material when you digixross and has no memory mechanics, meanwhile Kiriha is a memory tamer and he lets you use any number of materials for xrossing from any of your tamers but has no inbuilt way to get that started. Basically, if you are interested in going full Xros Heart it seems like you would want to include Kiriha as your memory tamer of choice just so you could get all of the Digimon you've saved out in one go when you play one of the big xrosses. Most likely there'll be some reason the play Nene in that deck as well, and maybe even Yu depending on what he does (recover materials from discard maybe? The army he's in would probably like that is an effect.)

As for variants on the big Shoutmon forms, I wouldn't be completely surprised if if we don't get a 4B, I think it's more likely we get a 4K or 4S just to vary it up. Maybe 4S specifically to be a Red/Blue Digimon so there's a Shoutmon of every color combination? and X7S will be a secret rare that'll be the first 7 color card with Digixros Requirements of "Whatever floats your boat, big guy" like some insane level 7 Chimeramon

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Would be neat if we got some of the DS game only Xros like the ones Shoutmon X3 has with DarkKnightmon or MetalGreymon or the one MetalGreymon has with DarkKnightmon, or for that matter Manga only ones like RampageGreymon or Shoutmon EX6 or all those freaky ones DarkKnightmon does before becoming part of ZeedMilleniummon

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Omnicrom posted:

And if we're talking the card game imitating the anime, I point out that the game is providing mechanical incentives use both Taiki and Kiriha. Taiki can fish for cards to set materials for xrossing but he can only use a single material when you digixross and has no memory mechanics, meanwhile Kiriha is a memory tamer and he lets you use any number of materials for xrossing from any of your tamers but has no inbuilt way to get that started. Basically, if you are interested in going full Xros Heart it seems like you would want to include Kiriha as your memory tamer of choice just so you could get all of the Digimon you've saved out in one go when you play one of the big xrosses. Most likely there'll be some reason the play Nene in that deck as well, and maybe even Yu depending on what he does (recover materials from discard maybe? The army he's in would probably like that is an effect.)

I dunno, Kiriha is JUST Blue Flare, whereas we can see Sparrowmon is both Twilight and Xros Heart. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it turns out that Nene is the dedicated memory tamer for Xros Heart, while also having some specific effects for getting JetMervamon out.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Omnicrom posted:

Taiki can fish for cards to set materials for xrossing but he can only use a single material when you digixross and has no memory mechanics, meanwhile Kiriha is a memory tamer and he lets you use any number of materials for xrossing from any of your tamers but has no inbuilt way to get that started.

This isn’t correct, Taiki can use any amount of cards saved under him for DigiXros. Otherwise the card would be flat out bad; you need a lot of different materials to get the most out of Xros Heart cards.

So far the difference seems to be Xros Heart has a lot more materials for monsters that have broader effects, while Blue Flare is much more focused

But enough chat about cards: I made a rat man

He has guns

Gallantmon figure sold separately

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Apr 20, 2022

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q_KGjmtoXQ

Blessed by Habumon, for he has given us our official release data: July 29th (which is the same day as XBC3 :shepface:)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 20, 2022

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Larryb posted:

Survive will be out in the US on July 29 (sure hope it winds up being worth the wait):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_q_KGjmtoXQ

You must have had this tab open for a while lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I am not exactly happy there was no new footage

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

You must have had this tab open for a while lol

No I literally just saw it in another thread and reposted it, why?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Larryb posted:

No I literally just saw it in another thread and reposted it, why?

One post above you the video was posted

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

One post above you the video was posted

Whoops, didn’t see that. I’ll remove it then (still hope it winds up being worth the wait though)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Larryb posted:

Whoops, didn’t see that. I’ll remove it then (still hope it winds up being worth the wait though)

U dont need to remove it, i was just poking a bit of fun. I hope so too!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Same day as XBC3? This game is cursed

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

I am not exactly happy there was no new footage

We did get some new screenshots of the English build, for what it's worth.
https://twitter.com/digimon_games/status/1516824043630039051

Nodosaur posted:

Hey, it's not their fault XBC3's date got moved up by over a month. Who could have predicted that.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

Yeah that also sucks

Sigh i was really hoping this would get the cyber sleuth surprise hit treatment but its not looking good

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

thetoughestbean posted:

This isn’t correct, Taiki can use any amount of cards saved under him for DigiXros. Otherwise the card would be flat out bad; you need a lot of different materials to get the most out of Xros Heart cards.

Interesting, I got a bad translation then.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Hey, it's not their fault XBC3's date got moved up by over a month. Who could have predicted that.

God I hope I can either ditch Agumon or evolve him into something different than the norm.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

King of Solomon posted:

God I hope I can either ditch Agumon or evolve him into something different than the norm.

I seriously doubt you can ditch Agumon but one of the first things we learned about the game is that Agumon's evolutions will change depending on which routes you take in the game, so depending on how you play you will get things other than the basic Greymon/MetalGreymon/WarGreymon line. Which Digimon you can get is as of yet unknown, but one of the trailers showed Triceramon as a playable Digimon which would fit Agumon far more than any of the other playable Digimon.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nodosaur posted:

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Yeah that also sucks

Sigh i was really hoping this would get the cyber sleuth surprise hit treatment but its not looking good

I don't think that will be an automatic death sentence for Survive, if for no other reason than XBC3 is a Switch exclusive while Survive is a multiplatform release

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Sleeping Sigma posted:

The main character of Xenoblade :classiclol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
It’s nowhere near as exciting as Survive’s release date but hey, new cards!

quote:

DeckerGreymon BT10-026 R
Ultimate | Virus | Enhancement / Blue Flare

<Armor Purge>

[On Play] [When Digivolving] You may place 1 Digimon card with [Blue Flare] in its traits from your hand or from under your Tamer to the bottom of this Digimon's digivolution cards. Then, if this Digimon has [Deckerdramon] in its digivolution cards, 1 of your opponent's Digimon cannot attack or block until the end of your opponent's turn.
[(DigiXros -2) [MetalGreymon] x [Deckerdramon]]
It’s similar to X5B in that it’s a lower rarity card that uses a higher rarity card as a fusion material, focuses a bit more on defense, and has Armor Purge for survivability. Hypothetically you could use any MetalGreymon as a material, but, like, why

quote:

Minervamon BT10-083 SR
Mega | Virus | God Man / Olympos XII

<Retaliation>

[Opponent's Turn] When your opponent plays Digimon, you may play 1 Lv.4 or lower purple Digimon card from your trash without paying its memory cost. Any [On Play] effects on Digimon played with this effect don't activate.

[On Deletion] When your opponent has 2 Digimon or less, you may play 1 Lv.5 or lower purple Digimon card or 1 [Mervamon] from your trash without paying its memory cost.
This is loving absurd. I don’t think I need to explain why