Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Azs3S2erk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

every game's final boss should do that imo
the darksouls3 dlc final boss does the same thing:

Hand it over. That thing, your Dark Souls III: The Ringed City.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Discendo Vox posted:

I recall seeing some videos of a top-tier KH player with some embarrassing name like Bizkit47 (nice-seeming guy, whatever his name might suggest), showing how best to clear the hardest bosses and challenges in the game under various challenge conditions. Seeing him on streams, the most surprising aspect is that relatively little input occurs. The player gets within a wide lock-on range of the enemy and then it's a manner of memorizing and repeat guard, dodge and counter input variations that maximize enemy stun, occasionally using other magic/gimmick attacks to increase damage output. Almost all enemy attacks are guarded or dodged with a dedicated dodge button, and attacks lock onto the player's location. The only thing that matters location-wise is standing where you can see all the scripted attacks coming in.

fake edit: it was in fact bizkit047; here's a vid of him clearing a version of the final boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLBro1sj6VE

Yeah this isnt to say less of KH because it has simplistic inputs. In fact I kind of appreciate that. With all these effects going on you dont really need to concentrate on your inputs as much, Youre always on the bosses's timer, not yours, you cant break bosses out of their revenge/disengage cycles like in character action games.

What i do have gripes with is the floatiness and the sheer amount of visual noise on screen at any given time.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

RareAcumen posted:

Oh no, the monsters are next!

Khezu are already unpleasant enough to look at as it is!

Isn't that the horrible penis looking monster?

Where do you think the drool comes from now? :unsmigghh:

This is unironically awesome. Sounds like some old school Armored Core music too, for bonus points.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Archonex posted:

Isn't that the horrible penis looking monster?

Where do you think the drool comes from now? :unsmigghh:

This is unironically awesome. Sounds like some old school Armored Core music too, for bonus points.

yeah that's World Navigation from AC Nexus

Orv
May 4, 2011
Everything I know about Kingdom Hearts comes from one of my favorite videos on the internet and I think it's perfect so I will inflict it on all of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjiHufVEc7g

Thanks for the explanations on the combat though, it makes sense but yeah it's visually kind of a nightmare.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So the modding discord has already figured out how to unlock 60fps for Chrono Cross (and custom music.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHTc9sWCseo

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The intro to Stardew Valley has a famously poorly drawn bed:

Mods can fix that.

Or, let's take it in the other direction:

"Slightly worse Grandpa Bed."

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

every game's final boss should do that imo
the darksouls3 dlc final boss does the same thing:

It’s actually funny in that the dark souls is rarely important to the main game but is extremely important to both the DLC for 1 and 3

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s actually funny in that the dark souls is rarely important to the main game but is extremely important to both the DLC for 1 and 3

Honestly they I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with the title before they wrote any of the lore. They already knew it had to be called "(Something) Souls" but not "Demon's Souls 2" and hey "Dark" sounds pretty gothic fantasy. When it came time to make the DLC for DS1 that was probably the first time they'd thought about what the "Dark Soul" even was.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Moon Slayer posted:

The intro to Stardew Valley has a famously poorly drawn bed:

Mods can fix that.

Or, let's take it in the other direction:

lmfao :perfect:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Honestly they I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with the title before they wrote any of the lore. They already knew it had to be called "(Something) Souls" but not "Demon's Souls 2" and hey "Dark" sounds pretty gothic fantasy. When it came time to make the DLC for DS1 that was probably the first time they'd thought about what the "Dark Soul" even was.
Unlike Squenix, who wait until the last possible second to come up with the game's title and then go "eh gently caress it, just use the project name."

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Moon Slayer posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
https://twitter.com/Dastanovich_/status/1517940568000798721

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

perfect

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It was supposed to be called Dark Ring, but that made it sound too much like a game about but hole. :v:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Poor grandpa, first the indignity of dying in his lovely bed and now this.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I appreciate that Grandpa holds a tiny copy of the bed in his hand instead of the envelope.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Philippe posted:

I appreciate that Grandpa holds a tiny copy of the bed in his hand instead of the envelope.

It's the little details that really show the love.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

On a side-note those 3d-scanned dolls look loving eerie if you ever get to see them in VR (Some evil fucker made them avatars in VRChat), because they just somehow look way too real.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

On a side-note those 3d-scanned dolls look loving eerie if you ever get to see them in VR (Some evil fucker made them avatars in VRChat), because they just somehow look way too real.

yeah, they're on the Tower Unite workshop too so sometimes you'll see them as decorations or as a player model and it's so weird aaaaa

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

ok one more

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
https://twitter.com/TheFloofierLove/status/1517943821073592320?t=UtzjjnpKOfVNHRyn5JF3oQ&s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Black mesa is in new mexico not california.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:perfect:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Goddamn it. I laughed :mad:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

:emptyquote:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Proper fumos go for pretty stupid amounts of money so I'm honestly not surprised some people that have em also have access to high grade 3d scanning equipment.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Have an adorable Morrowind mod:

Stripes the Cat

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

:unsmith:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Pet the cat

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

from a page (and half a month) ago but Darth Vader does not use contractions therefore this mod is bad

The_Hatt
Apr 29, 2005

Veotax posted:

Have an adorable Morrowind mod:

Stripes the Cat

Time to reinstall Morrowind again.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rainbow Knight posted:

from a page (and half a month) ago but Darth Vader does not use contractions therefore this mod is bad

He does though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onhFH7jpq2c

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

whoa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnum Brown Shoes