Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/mr0chill/status/1516507884334452743?s=21&t=wY_dhaz9J8GaU3MkprsfbQ

Ahaha this guy is so loving stupid

https://twitter.com/mr0chill/status/1516507888327356417?s=21&t=i5zti5VVT019ct1gG-RESg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Well poo poo.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

mds2 posted:

I ate a Wahlburgers last week with my wife. It was seriously one of the worst burgers I have ever eaten. hot garbage.

Even worse than the Max Payne movie?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/janusrose/status/1516776595025018885?s=21&t=LA7v6f1v6MkYA5mASYe-3A

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

i know people are all "99% of jobs can be done from home, there is no reason to go outside" but i'd think at least if you were going to give someone power of attorney you'd want to meet them in person first

oh well, lessons learned

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

mds2 posted:

I ate a Wahlburgers last week with my wife. It was seriously one of the worst burgers I have ever eaten. hot garbage.

:same:

honestly it was probably the worst fast food i ever had. they portions are pretty small and taste like poo poo

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

teen phone cutie posted:

honestly it was probably the worst fast food i ever had. they portions are pretty small and taste like poo poo

I don't think I have ever seen a sincere "the food is bad and the portions are too small" before

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Isn't the whole Wahlburgers enterprise the brainchild of the third, forgotten Wahlberg brother, propped up by the money and clout of his actor brothers, in whose shadow he lives?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/paulheaston/status/1516464517894393857?s=20&t=65Fje3ZXYqo_DV0P_sXBFQ

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/kellynotbrecht/status/1516453524674002944?s=20&t=65Fje3ZXYqo_DV0P_sXBFQ

Dick Trauma has a new favorite as of 16:50 on Apr 20, 2022

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/boudreaux_monty/status/1516450958703747075

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
This is a comment on Youtube, but close enough: the title of one of today's Breakfast Club videos is "Lil Baby Doc Set to Premiere at Tribeca Film Festival".

One of the comments is 'I was thinking Lil Baby Doc' was some new rapper" and I feel vindicated because I thought the exact same thing for a sec.

:yeah:

https://twitter.com/Weiner_lvansia/status/1516525930214457344

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 19:19 on Apr 20, 2022

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

'ware ye this curséd thread

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1516829543582994434

https://twitter.com/ANSISPURINS/status/1516471549632544771

Il gatto diabolo!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/timmarchman/status/1516807108242587648

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

lmao grrm is good now

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The man has come to despise the ASoIaF fandom and hell, me too

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Mister Speaker posted:

Isn't the whole Wahlburgers enterprise the brainchild of the third, forgotten Wahlberg brother, propped up by the money and clout of his actor brothers, in whose shadow he lives?

Today I learned there was more than one Wahlberg, but also that 5 out of 9 of them have wikipedia pages.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Mister Speaker posted:

Yes, the seventh son, Judas Wahlberg.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1516519608341221379?s=20&t=65Fje3ZXYqo_DV0P_sXBFQ

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]

idgrrmi

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

zoux posted:

The man has come to despise the ASoIaF fandom and hell, me too

My brother and niece are dwarfs, we know when a new GOT series is out when dickheads start taking pictures of them.

This happens hundreds of times a day.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
There hasn’t been a new GOT thing in going on five years

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

CharlestheHammer posted:

There hasn’t been a new GOT thing in going on five years

yeh it's been great

There was a small resurgence recently but we found out they had been advertising Dinklages new thing on the side of the buses.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Dinklage; plays a hard role exploring very sensitive subjects brilliantly, and conveying the message to millions that dwarfism isn't a barrier to what you can accomplish in life.

GOT fans: "oh my god! can I pick her (a 6 year old) up!?"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

learnincurve posted:

yeh it's been great

There was a small resurgence recently but we found out they had been advertising Dinklages new thing on the side of the buses.

He's mostly doing plays now I think, so if your family isn't in NYC they should be relatively safer for the near future.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

The title of the next Song of Ice and Fire book is The Winds of Winter. It has been approximately 10 years since the last book and as far as I know, grrm has said literally nothing about it.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/katiebakes/status/1516479125803962368

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

GRRM will never finish ASOIAF. He realized probably 20 years ago that it wasn't possible to actually finally resolve an epic series of fantasy novels that revolve around sudden hard shifts in plot and unpredictable changes in fortune in a way that will be satisfying. He punted the issue until it got turned into a TV show, and allowed the writers of that show to "finish" the plot because the TV series had a schedule to keep. Everyone hated the GoT finale, because of course they did, but now there's an overall sense that the series is finished, even if GRRM doesn't publish another book. Which he won't. Ever. He made the GoT writers take the fall for his lack of foresight in structuring his series and now he'll just blog about Tony Hillerman TV adaptations until he dies, at which point his notes will be published. It's a masterful troll, and I have immense respect for the man for pulling it off.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He didn’t make them take the fall, we know what happened. The show runners got a deal offer and hastily wrapped up GOT to take it. HBO offered them another season and they declined

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

some plague rats posted:

This actually makes greenwald extremely cool because reality winner absolutely deserves to be in prison

Yeah but its kinda like when they got OJ for robbery, glad he's in jail, but its just not the same.

Lobok posted:

What a name. It would fit right in with my favourite baseball players.

More people should be named after the greatest game of all time: Sid Meiers Alpha Centauri.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Can’t disagree with that.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

My god, they're building a trebuchet!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kenning posted:

GRRM will never finish ASOIAF. He realized probably 20 years ago that it wasn't possible to actually finally resolve an epic series of fantasy novels that revolve around sudden hard shifts in plot and unpredictable changes in fortune in a way that will be satisfying. He punted the issue until it got turned into a TV show, and allowed the writers of that show to "finish" the plot because the TV series had a schedule to keep. Everyone hated the GoT finale, because of course they did, but now there's an overall sense that the series is finished, even if GRRM doesn't publish another book. Which he won't. Ever. He made the GoT writers take the fall for his lack of foresight in structuring his series and now he'll just blog about Tony Hillerman TV adaptations until he dies, at which point his notes will be published. It's a masterful troll, and I have immense respect for the man for pulling it off.

As someone who stopped caring about ASOIAF like 12 seconds after I saw the last episode of Game of Thrones, this was just a really fun way to find out they're making a TV show of the Tony Hillerman books. For people unfamiliar with the source, they're about a Navajo reservation police detective. And even though I hate cops in real life, I love detective stories and I love when they aren't about white people

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

learnincurve posted:

Dinklage; plays a hard role exploring very sensitive subjects brilliantly, and conveying the message to millions that dwarfism isn't a barrier to what you can accomplish in life.

GOT fans: "oh my god! can I pick her (a 6 year old) up!?"

What the gently caress is wrong with people? I hope you tossed them into a lake.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cocaine Bear posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with people? I hope you tossed them into a lake.

He wasn't the GoT fan in that interaction, dude

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/MadameGilflurt/status/1516883542499901441

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

is there something special about it or is it just a "kids today have never seen a landline smdh" thing? I don't think I've ever been particularly impessed by people being next to phones, and I've seen my fair share.

Kenning posted:

I still subscribe to the idea that someone spent the years between books connecting all the dots he'd foreshadowed and predicted a bunch of upcoming plot twists, including the ending, and he got so annoyed he no longer wanted to write it.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

is there something special about it or is it just a "kids today have never seen a landline smdh" thing? I don't think I've ever been particularly impessed by people being next to phones, and I've seen my fair share.
My grandfather got a laugh, and said the ones with those little armrests would normally belong to like a secretary or school official or some other professional that was on the phone constantly, and because they were on the phone constantly they had the skills to get almost anything done like magic.

e: I actually had to ask him when it was first posted, because didn't entirely realize that it was a phone from the thumbnail in the tweet.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It’s the shoulder brace that signifies a serious call-taker.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Oh yeah ok that makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The most cursed part about this is that I stay logged out of Twitter and usually if I try to read threads it's a safe bet I won't be able to scroll too far before Twitter logins block me. This is healthy and good because it keeps me from going down Twitter holes.

I scrolled right the gently caress down to the bottom to see every single one of these stupid ads without a single login prompt. Twitter and Dan Olsen know exactly what they're loving doing. Bill Hicks is overrated as balls but his bit on marketing was on-point.

1stGear posted:

lmao grrm is good now
Nah he's always gonna be a vacuous piece of poo poo who cashed out under pressure and will be rightfully forgotten by history, showing an impressively Baby Boomer level of selfishness, but yeah this is a solid troll.

It's not even about the stupid GoT books, it's just hardcore buyer's remorse.