Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ugh, I reflexively cringed at that. I think Sunny D feels like the sweetest drink I've ever had, I didn't even like it as a kid because it was so sweet it made my throat hurt. I can't even imagine what straight up using it for a shrimp boil would even taste like.

I think they also use vegetable oil to make it slightly more viscous to imitate a real citrus beverage. Feels like anything boiled in that is just going to mostly taste like orange flavored sugar but maybe all the spices cut through it a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup and 2% or Less of: Concentrated Orange Juice, Concentrated Tangerine Juice, Concentrated Apple Juice, Concentrated Lime Juice, Concentrated Grapefruit Juice, Concentrated Pear Juice, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Thiamin Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Natural Flavor, Modified Cornstarch, Canola Oil, Sodium Citrate, Cellulose Gum, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Neotame, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Potassium Sorbate to Protect Flavor, Yellow 5, Yellow 6.

lmao

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/derjamesjackson/status/1516723316236693507?s=21&t=-CoBJAILGdAkc1gcLVsrLQ

The food in question looks pretty good but this is the right thread for it I think.

E: if it actually was a Donner kebab I’m not surprised the cops got involved.

Hedenius has a new favorite as of 19:09 on Apr 20, 2022

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

FFT posted:

Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup and 2% or Less of: Concentrated Orange Juice, Concentrated Tangerine Juice, Concentrated Apple Juice, Concentrated Lime Juice, Concentrated Grapefruit Juice, Concentrated Pear Juice, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Thiamin Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Natural Flavor, Modified Cornstarch, Canola Oil, Sodium Citrate, Cellulose Gum, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Neotame, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Potassium Sorbate to Protect Flavor, Yellow 5, Yellow 6.

lmao

what, you never do the dew?

INGREDIENTS: Mountain Dew (CARBONATED WATER, HIGH
FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CONCENTRATED ORANGE JUICE,
CITRIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVORS, SODIUM BENZOATE
(PRESERVES FRESHNESS), CAFFEINE, SODIUM CITRATE,
ERYTHORBIC ACID (PRESERVES FRESHNESS), GUM ARABIC,
CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (TO PROTECT FLAVOR),
BROMINATED VEGETABLE OIL, YELLOW 5.)

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Hedenius posted:

https://twitter.com/derjamesjackson/status/1516723316236693507?s=21&t=-CoBJAILGdAkc1gcLVsrLQ

The food in question looks pretty good but this is the right thread for it I think.

Dorner kebab

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It was a donor kebab, he was just trying to be nice

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I prefer blitzen kebab

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Points removed for presumably throwing it while it was wrapped in paper, points added to the kebab shop if it stayed together that well after impact without being wrapped

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Better a Donner kebab than a Bruckheimer kebab imo

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Hedenius posted:

This person can't spell Döner, but Neukölln?

The post made by the Bundespolizei ist pretty funny as well:

"Despite risen prices of his projectile, a 36 year old Berliner threw a Döner with herbal sauce at the employee of a service company at the Neukölln train station"

(Döner prices are at "we riot" levels right now)

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Herbal sauce is the antonym to garlic sauce. Making this thing suddenly thread appropriate.

I would still try the store if the Döner looks like this after getting thrown.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Yeah, it's the weak sauce. And this guy couldn't even handle that. :sad:

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Would absolutely eat that kebab pre or post throw, but I ain't coming within ten feet of that Sunny D monstrosity.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Honestly a little skeptical about how good the kebab could be if it was thrown without the wrapper and stayed glued together

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

That's a very weird looking donor kebab.

Edit: kebabshop in my town does an absolute beast of a kebab that is the size of your drat forearm for, I think, 7.50. The bread wrap is freshly made on-site, and is delicious and poofy.

Pookah has a new favorite as of 19:45 on Apr 20, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
the kebab was wrapped

it's clearly still delicious

I am a food detective

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

i want a kebab now drat

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

more falafel please posted:

i want a kebab now drat

lol nice

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Antigravitas posted:

This person can't spell Döner, but Neukölln?

The post made by the Bundespolizei ist pretty funny as well:

"Despite risen prices of his projectile, a 36 year old Berliner threw a Döner with herbal sauce at the employee of a service company at the Neukölln train station"

Lmao Wurfgut

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

I appreciate this post, also

more falafel please posted:

i want a kebab now drat

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I had one yesterday it was p good, but sadly means I cannot have one today

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Sad to report that the Döner photo says "representative image".

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

gschmidl posted:

All images are representative :colbert:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Ceci n'est pas un kebab.

(I hope I got the gender right. French gender is usually the opposite of German, but not always)

(loving French)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

gschmidl posted:

Serviervorschlag

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Antigravitas posted:

Gonna move to Berlin for a year this summer, where’s the Döner price at? I need several a day to live

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

5 to 6€ in Berlin now, reportedly.

I recommend trying Falafel Döner, by the way.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
new MREsteve video dropped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW8oDvrIj5A
nothing super gross about this meal just really really old food, that he eats.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

LifeSunDeath posted:

Nice!!

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

LifeSunDeath posted:

I like the ones that are old enough to have cigarette rations, and then he smokes an ancient cigarette. Nice.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Boil and pepper his testes?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

In my head canon OwlFancier is about in the last percentile of people on this planet I could imagine playing beach volleyball with his bros

Accurate, as we don't do beach volleyball, I especially don't do beach volleyball, and I have no bros.

I guess I do at least live near a beach.

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

The gently caress is the goop at the bottom? Raw chicken, some sort of pasta, but is that... I dunno... extremely wet turnip??

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 00:39 on Apr 21, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

OwlFancier posted:

The gently caress is the goop at the bottom? Raw chicken, some sort of pasta, but is that... I dunno... extremely wet turnip??

If it was in the US I'd assume it was canned creamed corn, but I have no idea if that's even a thing over there.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I think that isn't British since we don't do corn goop here (assuming it is that).

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
https://youtu.be/WnowCNrE4rk

Sunny D and Rum, yum yum.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

I mean, it's got TWO kinds of macaroni, that's fancy eatin' right there.

Actually, that photo always reminds me of Sunday dinner at grandma's house. It invariably included a baked chicken, kept carefully covered to prevent any hint of browning. Grandma didn't believe in spices though so hers wouldn't have had any pepper, just piles of pallid slightly-sticky flesh. (There was salt and pepper on the table in decorative glass shakers, but you weren't allowed to use it. Some years later we inherited those shakers and found the pepper had long ago congealed into a solid lump that couldn't be dug or soaked out.)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

wheatpuppy posted:

I mean, it's got TWO kinds of macaroni, that's fancy eatin' right there.

Actually, that photo always reminds me of Sunday dinner at grandma's house. It invariably included a baked chicken, kept carefully covered to prevent any hint of browning. Grandma didn't believe in spices though so hers wouldn't have had any pepper, just piles of pallid slightly-sticky flesh. (There was salt and pepper on the table in decorative glass shakers, but you weren't allowed to use it. Some years later we inherited those shakers and found the pepper had long ago congealed into a solid lump that couldn't be dug or soaked out.)

At least on a culinary level your Grandmother sounds incredibly demented, but that might just be me being spoiled by having two Grandmothers who were good cooks

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

I'm jumping ahead but just because it's orange in color, that doesn't make it orange juice :mad:

Edit:
Let's be proper and call it orange drink.

Sunny D is garbage tier orange tho, this the hoodest-worstest apparent bbq flex.

I could see sunny D as a marinade ingredient (tang powder is the same thing but better).

NO

Imagine my tirade went on longer in a concise manner.

The internet was a mistake.

dog nougat has a new favorite as of 08:19 on Apr 21, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Think it's the cornstarch that gives it the particular mouthfeel. And also the sucralose, something about that form of sugar that really hits badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Some goon told me that catsup on cold pizza was delicious and worth trying.