Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

cookiefulloarsenic posted:

Could this be Under the Mountain (1981) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0202769/? It was a New Zealand tv series that was shown on Nickelodeon in the 80s. It has a brother and sister, a lakeside, swamp thing monsters, and a grandfather-like friend. The whole series is on youtube and archive.org.

Looks promising, I'll give it a watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

happyhippy posted:

Deadly Encounter?

From the IMDB page here https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424939/reviews

"Restaurant hostess and mom Joanne Sanders has to work late one night. After she leaves the restaurant she accidently cuts a car off on the highway. This driver takes it personally and he begins to stalk and harrass Joanne."

Hmm, that could be it. I only ever saw the trailer not the movie, but the plot synopsis lines up with what I remember. I also wouldn't be surprised if my memories have combined a movie trailer with an episode of Law and Order or something.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

A movie I saw on TV in the early 90s. I think it was airing on Lifetime.

A woman dies but is resuscitated, but the afterlife wants her back. It sends beings to Earth in the bodies of the newly dead to kill her. I think it could only send a certain number after her. I remember two of them. One was a skateboarder kid she knew, and the other was a guy she was dating who got killed in a mugging.

Edit: The beings that were after her were called Walkers.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 10, 2022

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

A woman dies but is resuscitated, but the afterlife wants her back. It sends beings to Earth in the bodies of the newly dead to kill her. I think it could only send a certain number after her. I remember two of them. One was a skateboarder kid she knew, and the other was a guy she was dating who got killed in a mugging.

Kinda sounds like Soultaker

https://youtu.be/UAh6lCEJznE

cookiefulloarsenic
Oct 30, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Sole Survivor?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181012/

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I found both of these on youtube, and sadly neither are it. Thanks though!

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

From the Dead of Night (1989)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Origami Dali posted:

From the Dead of Night (1989)

There it is! Thanks.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Looking for a horror movie made in the last 10 years, feels recent. I might be mixing up multiple movies in some of this but I think it’s all the same one. It’s all really hazy memories and searching for it reveals lots of mirror movies but none that fit.

It involves a mirror world, literally through a mirror. I think the mirror is in an old funhouse/arcade near a pier? There is a girl who is kidnapped by her mirror world mother (maybe family). At some point there’s a long explanatory scene with the mirror world mother talking about “when you had <good thing> we had <bad thing>” and she does the whole thing sort of inhaling as she talks - I think as part of the opposites-in-mirror-world thing.
I think either her daughter was so bad she wanted the good one or her daughter had died so she wanted the good one. Something about a classroom with cages of rabbits?

I think this is the same movie but I’m not certain at all - at the end all of the mirror world people are coming through and killing the normals to take their lives.

There seems to be a lot of movies with evil in mirrors and evil mirrors but not this one, or maybe two I have jumbled together in my head.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Us?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That’s absolutely Us. From 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYvxbtiGvrk

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Old soviet propaganda (black and white so....50s/60s?) where cosmonauts find a derelict ship in space full of dead capitalists who died while gambling (cards in hand). I think they were skeletons in dapper suits

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

The_Doctor posted:

That’s absolutely Us. From 2019.
Champions! I came back to add some more detail and you’ve already solved it.

The Wikipedia plot says “It is revealed that the clone had choked Adelaide unconscious (damaging her larynx, making her voice raspy and guttural sounding)…” but I spent like 3 days pissing of my gf at the time talking as I breathed in, because that’s exactly what it sounded like.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Alan Smithee posted:

Old soviet propaganda (black and white so....50s/60s?) where cosmonauts find a derelict ship in space full of dead capitalists who died while gambling (cards in hand). I think they were skeletons in dapper suits

Ikarie XB-1 (aka Voyage to the End of the Universe, 1963).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

DRINK ME posted:

The Wikipedia plot says “It is revealed that the clone had choked Adelaide unconscious (damaging her larynx, making her voice raspy and guttural sounding)…” but I spent like 3 days pissing of my gf at the time talking as I breathed in, because that’s exactly what it sounded like.

It's one of my wife's favourite horror movies, and it freaks her out when I start to say, in the voice, "once... upon.... a..... time."

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

DRINK ME posted:

John Rhys-Davies did that to give Treebeard a unique voice.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Pilchenstein posted:

Film or tv show where someone introduces themselves and the other person replies "your reputation precedes" (without "you" at the end). This popped into my head an hour ago and I'm sure it's something obvious but googling it just gives results about "what does 'your reputation precedes you' mean?" lol
This is Alec Baldwin in Mission Impossible: Fallout - we're at the wife's mother's for easter, it's on tv and I had to explain why I suddenly exclaimed "son of a bitch" lol :v:

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I have a scene stuck in my head, I can't remember any helpful details at all except a vague feeling that it may have been a mob movie/show?

A man is being abusive to a woman (not sure if physical or just verbal abuse). The woman is crying on the ground and keeps saying "I don't know what I did"--the man's abuse is because something else has upset him and he's taking it out on her.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

artsy fartsy posted:

I have a scene stuck in my head, I can't remember any helpful details at all except a vague feeling that it may have been a mob movie/show?

A man is being abusive to a woman (not sure if physical or just verbal abuse). The woman is crying on the ground and keeps saying "I don't know what I did"--the man's abuse is because something else has upset him and he's taking it out on her.

Maybe this scene from Family Guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Rsov4B_VI

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
God, Family Guy is utter dreck.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The_Doctor posted:

I watched it for years and years and at one point I had to sit myself down and go "You're not enjoying this any more, you know you're just watching it out of habit and boredom, the fact that you're "That one guy who is still watching Family Guy" does NOT say good things about you, just loving stop"

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Oh no it was definitely a live-action thing

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

The_Doctor posted:

Family Guy is also responsible for the most disgustingly transphobic thing I've seen in popular media since Ace Ventura. gently caress Seth McFarlane and his dipshit milquetoast liberal bullshit.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

So there's this movie I saw on TV. I only saw the end of it where everyone is in a courtroom. They're watching video evidence on a (CRT) television and the camera that taped the evidence falls on its side, with the footage pivoting along with it. The gag is everyone watching the footage turns their head along with the video.

I want to say that Chris Rock was in it. Maybe Bernie Mac or Cedric the Entertainer too? I don't remember how long ago I saw it, but the movie did have 1990-2005 vibes.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
Eddie Murphy film The Distinguished Gentleman. There you go it's 1992. It's not very good, I remember watching it purely because in the mid 90s I thought hey look a Eddie Murphy film, he's the funniest goddamn man alive this has to be good

The scene you remembered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmeRuln6d_0

donquixotic fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 19, 2022

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

At least he recovered from that misstep with Vampire in Brooklyn

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
So I have been trying to think of what this is from.

My memory says Simpsons, but I don't know.

2 people are talking. In my Memory it is Homer and a Generic Simpsons Business guy representing a Bank or business.

Persons 1(Homer?): I want my money back!

Person 2: Hmm, no. We want it too.

Can you help me find the Simpson episode or wherever it is from?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Simpsons season 12 episode 15, "Hungry Hungry Homer":

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

A horror movie from maybe the late 80s or early 90s about a scientist who has an arm growing out of his back and does some science poo poo to get rid of it but it comes to life and starts killing people. I’m only like 70% this is a real movie I saw.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The dark backward

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Wow I think that might be it. Good job even though I got everything but the arm bit wrong.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
You could also be thinking of Severed Ties (1992).

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Some sort of adult cartoon (Simpsons/Family Guy/American Dad)

At one point a character says something like "What do you think that was that I ate? A danish?" or something like that. I remember the word danish specifically.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kvlt! posted:

Some sort of adult cartoon (Simpsons/Family Guy/American Dad)

At one point a character says something like "What do you think that was that I ate? A danish?" or something like that. I remember the word danish specifically.

Simpsons did it

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Thanks! It was actually this: https://youtu.be/HNiPAWpPKH4

I found it right after I made the post. That's funny that the description works for both.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Simpsons season 12 episode 15, "Hungry Hungry Homer":

What app that did that screenshot?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

No app, just took a regular screenshot on my phone's browser. I searched for 'I want my money back' at frinkiac.com and literally discovered this morning that there's a "View Episode" button, here it is on my laptop:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Kvlt! posted:

Thanks! It was actually this: https://youtu.be/HNiPAWpPKH4

I found it right after I made the post. That's funny that the description works for both.

Is that a Jake and the Fatman reference? Definitely a reference today's youth will get

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Medullah posted:

Is that a Jake and the Fatman reference? Definitely a reference today's youth will get

I feel like todays youth probably werent born when that episode aired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

donquixotic posted:

Eddie Murphy film The Distinguished Gentleman. There you go it's 1992. It's not very good, I remember watching it purely because in the mid 90s I thought hey look a Eddie Murphy film, he's the funniest goddamn man alive this has to be good

The scene you remembered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmeRuln6d_0

Thanks!

Okay, here's a big one: one I've had in the back of my head for decades. I must have seen this when I was really young; I saw this probably between 1990-1996. It was on TV. So the presumed good guy is fighting a presumed badguy in a hallway and the good guy takes a hose and puts it in the bad guys mouth, filling him with water. The good guy runs off to another room to this lady, and while they are talking and stuff, there's a loud pop implying that the guy with the hose in his mouth exploded.

I thought it could have been a Bond death but I've rewatched all the Bond films up to Brosnan era and never saw a kill like this one.