Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Velocity Raptor posted:

What your saying is, if anyone doesn't like Hall & Oats, then they're out of touch.

and if that dude finds them they'll be out of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

3D Megadoodoo posted:

By person I'm assuming you mean a cat? If an actual person stands on any of my doors I'll freak the gently caress out regardless of my bedroom situation.

(My bedroom door is close to the front door. It used to be a guest room but I don't have guests so I moved my bed there. I'm guessing it was originally a servant's room so they could come and go without disturbing the parasites.)

If you live with multiple people, you kind of want the area where you sleep as far as practical from where not-sleeping occurs. Every time I've had my bed next to or over the main entrance of a building, I wake up every time someone enters or leaves.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

rydiafan posted:

And why do you think Jesus was killed?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I know a couple that built a "dream house" to their absurd specifications. The first floor is almost entirely taken up by a single huge rectangle room that includes the foyer, kitchen, dining room, den, living room, and kids play room. There is no division at all between these spaces, it's a hard floor and has high ceilings so this space is LOUD. Sound very much carries.

The back wall of this room includes a massive open stairwell, going down to the garage on one side and up to the bedrooms on the other, there are no walls separating this from the rest of the space and the stairs are the kind where there's no back stop so you can see people going up or down them from the other side of the stairwell. This contributes to the noise issues. The children's play room is immediately at the top of the basement/garage steps, so one wrong move and junior's tumbling down 20 feet of stairs.

There is a powder room on the first floor, right next to the front door. It has a floor-to-ceiling window, which is literally next to the front door so anyone visiting will see you taking a poo poo.

There is also a guest suite off the first floor, which includes a full bath with a shower. The bathroom is this ultra-modern design where there's no shower curtain or shower walls, it's just really far away from the toilet so it's okay if water splashes everywhere I guess. Also one wall is just a big floor-to-ceiling window so anyone wandering around the back of the house will see you making GBS threads it showering.

I didn't see the upstairs, thank god. The house looks like a giant shipping container from the outside.

Baron von Eevl has a new favorite as of 15:34 on Apr 20, 2022

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ah, the "day one of owning The Sims" aesthetic.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Baron von Eevl posted:

I know a couple that built a "dream house" to their absurd specifications. The first floor is almost entirely taken up by a single huge rectangle room that includes the foyer, kitchen, dining room, den, living room, and kids play room. There is no division at all between these spaces, it's a hard floor and has high ceilings so this space is LOUD. Sound very much carries.

The back wall of this room includes a massive open stairwell, going down to the garage on one side and up to the bedrooms on the other, there are no walls separating this from the rest of the space and the stairs are the kind where there's no back stop so you can see people going up or down them from the other side of the stairwell. This contributes to the noise issues. The children's play room is immediately at the top of the basement/garage steps, so one wrong move and junior's tumbling down 20 feet of stairs.

There is a powder room on the first floor, right next to the front door. It has a floor-to-ceiling window, which is literally next to the front door so anyone visiting will see you taking a poo poo.

There is also a guest suite off the first floor, which includes a full bath with a shower. The bathroom is this ultra-modern design where there's no shower curtain or shower walls, it's just really far away from the toilet so it's okay if water splashes everywhere I guess. Also one wall is just a big floor-to-ceiling window so anyone wandering around the back of the house will see you making GBS threads it showering.

I didn't see the upstairs, thank god. The house looks like a giant shipping container from the outside.

If I were rich enough I'd love to make absurd houses like this.

Like having a normal looking lot in a neighborhood but there's just a tiny shack on it that's nothing but a stairwell down to the 3+ story underground bunker.

Or making a whole house out of nothing but Hostile Architecture inside and out. Metal and concrete furnishings with spikes and uncomfortable angles. Just to gently caress with people.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Baron von Eevl posted:

Well that does sound like my dream house...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Crain posted:

Like having a normal looking lot in a neighborhood but there's just a tiny shack on it that's nothing but a stairwell down to the 3+ story underground bunker.

This has been my dream since i was small lmao

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Crain posted:

Gotta get that Vault 15 aesthetic

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

projecthalaxy posted:

extremely :same:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Crain posted:

A friend of mine lives in one of these.

It's a former Air Force communications bunker in Iowa. Above ground it's just a parking lot with a metal shack and a garage, but you take the elevator down and it's fuckin Terminator 3. Wood-paneled conference room, lavish apartment with slate-flag-tiled bathroom, massive data center he runs as a business...

Sucks to be in the middle of a cornfield though

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
When the nukes fall you'll have all the popped corn you could want

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Can you imagine how many pusherbots are just wandering around loose in there?

Scots pusherbots

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Velocity Raptor posted:

What your saying is, if anyone doesn't like Hall & Oats, then they're out of touch.

Word. I can’t go for that. No can do.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Velocity Raptor posted:

I can't go for that, noooo. No can do.

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Word. I can’t go for that. No can do.

e; you son of a bitch

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Also one wall is just a big floor-to-ceiling window so anyone wandering around the back of the house will see you making GBS threads it showering.

This is a feature not a bug.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Desert Bus posted:

This is a feature not a bug.

I bet they have a big light behind the toilet so at night when their making GBS threads it does something like the Batsignal.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

They're running out of you.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Large Testicles posted:

I bet they have a big light behind the toilet so at night when their making GBS threads it does something like the Batsignal.

Thank goodness you've come, Turdman!

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

projecthalaxy posted:

Basically that's London housing right now. Iceberg houses.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Crain posted:

Or making a whole house out of nothing but Hostile Architecture inside and out. Metal and concrete furnishings with spikes and uncomfortable angles. Just to gently caress with people.

Hell yeah just an entire house that's the Yucca Mountain "this is not a place of honor" design philosophy

Front yard is monumental and glowering earthen berms

Back yard is a single seamless slab of black basalt that gets so hot in the sun nothing can fly over it

Hallways are filled with jaggedy thorn structures where they aren't lined with pictograms of horrified vomiting people

Basically the whole thing should remind you of the set of Event Horizon

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Bismuth posted:

this looks like a victorian anatomical drawing of a dead baby

I think it's select stillframes from

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

I'd heard there was an American version of Whose Line Is It Anyway.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Splicer posted:

Richard Kyanka went down with Alice.
Robots have taken control of the place.
"There is a terrible secret of Space,"
Says Alice

:golfclap:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

lol

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

That's someone's name change and av sorted in the one image.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I was literally just thinking about tearful mouse av

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Crain posted:

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Hmmm, this doesn't look quite right.

There we go, much better.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Ninurta posted:

Hmmm, this doesn't look quite right.

There we go, much better.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Best or worst Daycare?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

you would die going to the bathroom at night.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BaronVonVaderham posted:

And yet it is an absolute guarantee that anyone with a kitchen like that does not cook. You can see the dust in the foremost pan on the rack to confirm. Bonus points for the water cooler peeking in at the right edge, they couldn't even spring for a water purification system on this monstrosity?

I'll never understand the "kitchen office" against the wall. Surely this McMansion has an unnecessarily large office elsewhere with a 4 ton solid mahogany desk in the center facing the door and nothing on top of it but an enormous yet minimalist mac and a leather framed lawyer calendar pad thing.

The computer lets you play the cooking youtube while you cook. Or watch netflix or whatever while you cook. Basically a kitchen TV but more flexible. Yeah you could do that with a smart tv, but so many smart tvs are garbage.

Alternately you can play MMOs in the kitchen and never be more than a few steps away from the fridge for convenient snacking during raids.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What is this trying to say? If you take sadbrains poop and feed it to mice it gives them the sadbrains too?

Is this going to be the Joker's evil plan in the next batman movie? Poop in the reservoir to turn everyone into Jokers?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Facebook Aunt posted:

What is this trying to say? If you take sadbrains poop and feed it to mice it gives them the sadbrains too?

I think so? I was confused as well.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, here's an article. The diagram is related but can't find the original source. I stole it from a "science diagrams that look like poo poo posts" group

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BrianBoitano posted:

Yeah, here's an article. The diagram is related but can't find the original source. I stole it from a "science diagrams that look like poo poo posts" group

Cool. So a supervillian really could poop in the water supply to spread it to everyone. Or just work at mcdonalds and never wash his hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

BrianBoitano posted:

I don't know, I don't think I'd be happy if I got poop from a happy person either.