Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Fister Roboto posted:

Race, class, gender, and religion are a part of everything, the glasses just let you see them separately.
And Republicans are famous for never caring about race, class, gender, or religion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I always laugh whenever someone tries to make rainbows threatening.

Also, the purpose of glasses is to help the wearer see things more clearly, and we should ensure this clarity of understanding begins at a young age. AGC

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Kellies Nomination: Best overall
Yes thank you more people need to bash Tucker for the stupid poo poo he does.

quote:

Tony Branco

"-Why are you wearing that bunny suit?
-Why are you wearing that president suit?"

I doubt that Branco even knows that Donnie Darko exists tho

Kikas fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 21, 2022

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kellies nomination: most easily reinterpreted

Kellies nomination: best overall

so many minijokes....:allears:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
gently caress I just noticed "Deez tans"

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

That's a pretty good Gerald Ford.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Kellies nomination: most easily reinterpreted

It's another cartoon where you have to be neck deep In bigotry to understand that rainbow is bad actually.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

My very first political-ish cartoon (or rather, the very first cartoon inspired by my idea, though with a terrible ending tacked on):

My other idea was a "we help the helpless" riff, but that was considered too deep a cut.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Vib Rib posted:

And Republicans are famous for never caring about race, class, gender, or religion.

The Republican version of those glasses is a set of colored filter lenses which only let them see one at a time while blocking out the others

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Conservatives and Partygate – Keir Starmer has urged Tory MPs to vote for inquiry into Boris Johnson misleading Commons ‘to restore decency, honesty and integrity’ in politics"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Highway Code changes: watch TV at the wheel in new rules for self-driving cars

Evening Standard:

Johnson accelerates hopes of India free trade deal ‘by autumn’

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Really like the composition. Skewing text is a pain for the reader but the angle is shallow enough to not need rotating my phone to the side. Actually hits the intended sensation of being off-balance

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

✔️ obamaprompter
✔️ empty thought bubble
✔️ bloody hands
✔️ stinky poo poo fly
✔️ sippy cup
✔️ birdpoo

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

This is Scott Morrison's campaign style - he does not want to run on his record so he argues on who is better for the future, but he doesn't argue about his goals for the future either. It's just endless, endless spin.

Rowe:

Scott Morrison apologises for offence from comment about being 'blessed' not to have children with disability (ABC). In the debate both leaders were asked about the future of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) by a woman who has had her funding for her autistic son cut, and Morrison started his reply about how he was "blessed" to have non-autistic children. Later on his ministers have been trying to spin that as saying Morrison was blessed by not having to deal with the bureaucracy of the NDIS.

Spooner:

I think this is just Spooner trying to deal with the government completely bungling the diplomacy with the Solomon Islands and their deal with China.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:

Pope:

This is Scott Morrison's campaign style - he does not want to run on his record so he argues on who is better for the future, but he doesn't argue about his goals for the future either. It's just endless, endless spin.

A Simpson's reference? That's positively yesterday in these comics.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/KartoonistKelly/status/1517256999402020865?t=tFhoI7Sdq5WrLc-0AldgjQ&s=19

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
I've always assumed Pope was more of Bors's generation and grew up with Simpsons references, versus, say, Ramirez and Bok who gave been at it since at least the GHWB era.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Neito posted:

A Simpson's reference?
"Two Bad Neighbors" would be a good name for the Most Easily Reinterpreted or Most Incomprehensible Kelly Award.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

GET WOKE. GO BROKE. END UP A JOKE!

The delusional and censorious woke madness may have reached a turning point. People are beginning to regain their common sense. Of course, there will always be cult members that will NEVER admit they were wrong, but in time they will — if only to themselves.

During the past few weeks the tide has turned and insanity is washing away.

Examples:

• The Disney groomers are seeing a push back of Biblical proportions. Seven out of ten parents are canceling their Disney Plus. People are selling their Disney stock and refusing to do business with the “woke” corporation. Florida has revoked Disney’s “special tax status,” meaning Disney will be paying Florida a cool $200 million in extra taxes per year. Think that’s “goofy”? We don’t!
  • Biden’s unconstitutional mask mandate was struck down by a Trump-appointed federal Judge who deemed the CDC’s mandate for public transportation “ unlawful.” The CDC expressed their outrage about losing its ‘authority,’ but it’s not a government agency. It’s a private corporation, largely owned by Big Pharma. All they can do is dispense advice. The CDC doesn’t create any law and they’ve been wrong on just about everything. Now they are appealing the ruling because they want people to be muzzled and controlled going into the midterms.
  • Hunter’s laptop files are rumored to be released any day now. The contents will shock America and the world. Hunter will be indicted and Biden could be forced out of office. Stay Tooned!
  • Remember the media made a big deal out of Chris Wallace leaving Fox News for CNN plus? CNN Plus has been canceled 21 days after it began, costing the network $300 million dollars. Trump hater Chris Wallace’s career has done a face plant.
  • Netflix went woke and added both Barry and Mike Obama to the board. Remember Netflix “Cuties”? Netflix’s latest entry is “He’s Expecting.” We are “expecting” this will not work out well for Netflix. Get woke; go broke. Netflix stock is tanking.
  • Twitter is in a nose dive. Elon Musk is moving to “plan B,” and if Musk is able to buy Twitter he will reveal a government censorship program the likes of which will stun Twitter users everywhere.
  • Kamala Harris, despite being called ‘President Harris’ by Pedodent Biden many times, is far from being a qualified president or even a vice president. She dishes up copious amounts of dumbed-down word salad that is more dumb than down. No one liked her in the primaries and no one likes her now. Ask one of her many staffers who have quit. I think we are up to 11 now.
  • Pfizer lies. Remember that the next time they want you to take your 10th booster. Remember more boosters equals more MONEY for Pfizer and more death for jab takers.

The woke agenda is in free fall.

— THE GRRRTEAM

Two different items in his list are just "something big gonna happen, I swear." One even including "any day now," without me having to say it.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Airplanes, well known for their lack of rules before mask mandates.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Is this one of those optical illusions where the image is both a plane and a Beluga whale at the same time?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Raised By Birds posted:

Two different items in his list are just "something big gonna happen, I swear." One even including "any day now," without me having to say it.

Did he originally draw Hillary in place of Biden for this? I'm not sure why Biden would be missing a shoe.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

After The War posted:

I've always assumed Pope was more of Bors's generation and grew up with Simpsons references, versus, say, Ramirez and Bok who gave been at it since at least the GHWB era.

I looked him up and apparently he's in his 50s, which is at least positively youthful for a political cartoonist, but does mean he acquired his simpsons knowledge as an adult

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Raised By Birds posted:

Am I using "horny jail" right when I say this comic makes me think Garrison belongs there?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Does that rant explain why Biden has his perky twink rear end out I don't want to read it again

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

AGC because its about obamas birth certificate, Hillary's emails, Hunters laptop, cancel culture, grooming teachers, and on and on and on and on and on........

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

John Deering

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Marty Two Bulls

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Marshall Ramsey

Rob Rogers

Drew Sheneman

Tom Stiglich

Dana Summers

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Information Deficit Disorder: People who depend on Mainstream media for news may as well be living under a rock.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Masks cause excruciating death now?

Or does Mike think he'll suffer an excruciating death from covid due to not wearing a mask, but it's okay because the freedom attracts illegal immigrants?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You haven't heard about any of these vague phrases, any of which could be interpreted to be multiple different issues, some of which Republicans have fabricated entirely?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OK, this one got me. I laughed.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

lol

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

This Ramirez would be pretty clever if it had, say, three fewer labels, no caption, and just the russian flag on the excavator.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm the tiny rear end picket fence under the mailboxes.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Discendo Vox posted:

This Ramirez would be pretty clever if it had, say, three fewer labels, no caption, and just the russian flag on the excavator.

beat me to it

or a caption with any thought put into it at all. "Ukrainium Mining"?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: We Don't Know Much

Ted Rall posted:

The United States has a habit of arming and funding sides in civil conflicts that later become enemies. Here we go in Ukraine, supporting a questionable government of a country Americans couldn’t find on a map two months ago.

First Dog on the Moon: These climate scientists are full of extremely dangerous ideas – and now they're targeting banks

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
im the 5 oclock shadow

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Jones is on a streak, this is another one of his cartoons I've laughed at this week.

quote:

Drew Sheneman

loving hell that's menacing.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: We Don't Know Much

Well you've depicted Ukraine as majority white so I guess we know as much as we want to know, after all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Discendo Vox posted:

I figure ramirez saw a picture of the bagger 288 and the Draw Big Machine part of his brain kicked in, before halfway through he realised he still had to draw a political cartoon today

If only you could get published in the newspaper for just drawing a big machine each day, maybe mike's effect on the world would be more positive