Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

But yeah Doja Cat is fun. Yall need to relax and enjoy some body positivity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Dark Souls 2:

It feels like 2/3 of the bosses in this game are armored knights.

The atmosphere in the Looking Glass Knight area was pretty cool though, stood out in what seems like an endless line of grey stone walls.
Song Demon with the eerie singing and such was also neat. The weird design of the boss was the sort of thing I've been missing.

I don't know if I'm harsh on DS2 because of Souls-fatigue, but I'm not really feeling this one as much as DS1.

Oh hey, fellow buddy inexplicably playing DS2 right now. I adore the setting/story but so many of its mechanical changes just end up being bad to me and it represents the on purpose wilful tumble towards the actiony end of the spectrum.

For bosses, you're right. Even what should be weirder bosses like Najika the scorpion woman are mostly basic stuff with like "a twist" and something like lost sinner that should lean way harder into magic is an all melee joke (which is good because a seriously sick person made the run to her and Duke's Dear Freja what is wrong with you). It feels like they wanted to make up for Dark Souls 1 either not having it or Artorias being so well liked but they went so far overboard they're on shore.

This is my first time playing this (or actually any fromsoft game) with magic and its calcified my opinion that they don't get why people want shields and the power fantasy that they entail. So far I feel embarassed on the games behalf, I don't feel cool.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Apr 21, 2022

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

I'll never stop being entertained by goons being out of touch with any pop culture from after 2014

Says the "gamer" who hasn't touched a game from after 2010
:thunk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Says the "gamer" who hasn't touched a game from after 2010
:thunk:

I played Disco Elysium less than 18 months ago :smug:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Disco Elysium is a game from 2010

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Our Patron Saint of Mexican Pizza

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Rarity posted:

Love to play modern games that were released during the Obama administration

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rarity posted:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Dark Souls 2:

I unlocked a cage with the keyblade from Kingdom hearts by showing it into the face of a Voldo looking dude's face. When I talked to the lady in the cage she disappeared.

The vibe in the Vendrick boss area is v cool. The trek to find Giants souls to weaken him is less so.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fridge corn posted:

Disco Elysium is a game from 2010

Gripweed posted:

Love to play modern games that were released during the Obama administration

Am I being gaslighted?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rarity posted:

Am I being gaslighted?

it's a joke about you playing old games but Disco Elysium being a recent release

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Speaking of songs, Youtube recommended me this earworm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XicdpSmxuT0

And after some translation and askjeevesing it's from this

Ya Boy Kongming! : General of the Three Kingdoms, Kongming, had struggled his whole life, facing countless battles that made him into the accomplished strategist he was. So on his deathbed, he wished only to be reborn into a peaceful world... and was sent straight to modern-day party-central, Tokyo. The brilliant strategist Kongming will have to adapt to the wild beats and even wilder party people of the modern age.

I'm just...what

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Harrow posted:

it's a joke about you playing old games but Disco Elysium being a recent release

It's really not a recent release

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

it is by rarity standards

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

wuggles posted:

this

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Gripweed posted:

It's really not a recent release

They just did a re-release last year

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
rarity played the original PS2 disco elysium, not the remake from a few years ago

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Having to insert Disc 2 every time you went to the fishing village area sucked poo poo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rarity posted:

I'll never stop being entertained by goons being out of touch with any pop culture from after 2014

How do you do fellow kids

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wuggles posted:

The criteria given was post-2010, I was just meeting the requested standards :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

RBA Starblade posted:

How do you do fellow kids

I don't do that, that would be weird

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

As if there's anyone under 30 posting on this site :rolleyes:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I like to imagine the site has a few kids lurking in the same way your high school had a few kids way into dad rock because "they used to make real music maaaaan"

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

I like to imagine the site has a few kids lurking in the same way your high school had a few kids way into dad rock because "they used to make real music maaaaan"

feeling attacked right now

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Relax Or DIE posted:

its called granddad rock now

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

feeling attacked right now

It's ok, what you think of as dad rock is now actually grandad rock :)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rarity posted:

It's ok, what you think of as dad rock is now actually grandad rock :)

I'm finally living my dream of being a crusty old guy who doesn't know what is wrong with today's children

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

going to start calling radiohead dad rock

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

going to start calling radiohead dad rock

Green Day is on my local classic rock station

Bob Marley too

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Bob Marley too

I'm pretty sure I heard the local classic rock station, in the 30 seconds I listen to it before plugging my phone in, playing Hemorrhage by Fuel

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'm pretty sure I heard the local classic rock station, in the 30 seconds I listen to it before plugging my phone in, playing Hemorrhage by Fuel

I never actually listen to music on my phone because the variety is nice and it lets me know what the kids are into for me to hate next

Turns out it's Taylor Swift still

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I never actually listen to music on my phone because the variety is nice and it lets me know what the kids are into for me to hate next

Turns out it's Taylor Swift still

I just listen to podcasts because the other option is becoming an NPR guy

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rarity posted:

As if there's anyone under 30 posting on this site :rolleyes:

I'm 6

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Explains your posting

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RBA Starblade posted:

Bob Marley too

Nirvana
Offspring
Foo Fighters

It's great because it's all mixed in with the poo poo from the 70's and 80's too.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Blink 182 is dad rock now

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Adam's Song is still great.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rarity posted:

Explains your posting

explains your posting times infinity