Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Galewolf posted:

I watched exactly one (1) Doctor Who episode and it had a guy (bald?) in a leather jacket in an abandoned train yard and it had kids with gas masks lodged to their faces and crying. poo poo haunted me for years, never watched it again, godbless.

He uses his screwdriver and everyone gets better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
ive worked at a lot of big companies and the one thing that ive found is almost everyone is stupid as poo poo and will just agree with whoever is highest ranking. im sure netfux is no different. probably a bunch of 60 year old dudes sitting in a room making these dumbass decisions.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Sunk Dunk posted:

ive worked at a lot of big companies and the one thing that ive found is almost everyone is stupid as poo poo and will just agree with whoever is highest ranking. im sure netfux is no different. probably a bunch of 60 year old dudes sitting in a room making these dumbass decisions.

Ultraman Season 2 dropped like a month ago and then literally a week later they announced Ultraman Season 3 is coming and will be the end of Ultraman. Despite Ultraman being basically their only original anime that has managed to get any kind of traction at all, and that it's based off a long running comic that's still going

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

PostNouveau posted:

Posting a blog titled "Winds of June" to let all my fans know I've got a TV show I'm looking forward to watching.

GRRM hating his fans this hard is the funniest poo poo

Absolute king poo poo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Shinjobi posted:

Pretty sure Everything Everywhere All at Once is gonna be hard to top for my movie of 2022. Still thinking about it. Kicked rear end.

Pretty sure they could've tightened it up by 10-15 minutes, but I have that complaint about literally every movie. Otherwise really good, no notes.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Lmao, glorious...just glorious :discourse:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Goa Tse-tung posted:

speaking of Sherlock, everyone should reset the clock and (re-)watch Luther

It seems like every multi-season British genre show I watch (including Luther) has the same issue where it burns through what would be like three seasons of plot in an American show in about six episodes, which is initially really fun, but it always spirals into total gibberish after that. See also: Killing Eve, Orphan Black (which I think is actually Canadian, but spiritually the same thing).

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

https://twitter.com/Hrishiv27/status/1516886772164268041?t=hUNy66WULuR5LUscrt6L8g&s=19

:doit:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PostNouveau posted:

Posting a blog titled "Winds of June" to let all my fans know I've got a TV show I'm looking forward to watching.

June is the girls name and the winds are from her rear end.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The american tolkien! The american tolkien!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Milo and POTUS posted:

June is the girls name and the winds are from her rear end.

Actually they're from her Myrish Swamp.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Milo and POTUS posted:

The american tolkien! The american tolkien!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i like george rr martin because he is living proof you can live like poo poo and become 500 pounds and still live into your 70s. good news for me

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

was it john carpenter that jay and colin were talking about that's a chain smoker who's looked like a corpse for 40 years but keeps on trucking

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that was Mike

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
got his rear end

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

I brought a new Amazon kindle just for that one ebook to read on launch day. By the middle of it I was skipping chapters and chapters of Danny poo poo.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Yea I'm sure twitter user @Hrishiv27 you're privy to GRRM's plans...

But that blog post by him is hilarious, what a fucker.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The Anime Liker posted:

GRRM hating his fans this hard is the funniest poo poo

Absolute king poo poo

I don’t blame him one bit with the “fans” all posting poo poo like “what if he dies before he finishes?!! He’s all old and fat!!” for the past 5+ years.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why doesn't anyone shoot Batman in the uncovered part of his face? You've just watch him take dozens if not hundreds of bullets to his batsuit and still judo fight like 10 dudes. Shoot the one part of his body not covered in bullet proof armor.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The very minor lmao about Brandon Sanderson finishing the WoT books and nerds complaining about his sections being "not WoT enough" or some nerd poo poo like that and he revealed that those were original RJ.

Can't wait the same to happen again

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Why doesn't anyone shoot Batman in the uncovered part of his face? You've just watch him take dozens if not hundreds of bullets to his batsuit and still judo fight like 10 dudes. Shoot the one part of his body not covered in bullet proof armor.

STOP ASKING PERFECTLY REASONABLE QUESTIONS!!! Palpatine's behind it all!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

not even the scum of gotham would dare harm those kissable lips

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The true king of the nerds.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

you can always just watch the endless series of British whodunnits from the 90s+ that have episodes that range from "straight down the middle" to "imply the existence of angels, magic" to "shockingly regressive and homophobic"

(I was a big fan of Lewis all the way through its run and can't do a rewatch now that I know one of the stars is a massive British Chud)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

hey, vintage 80s props don't come cheap!

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

This is amazing and funny, but it requires you (which everyone should be there already) to completely accept even the 6th book is never coming out, especially not while he's still alive.

What's amusing to me too, is the shitshow HBO tailed/ended on was so bad, I think he thinks the expectations are too high for his books to ever fulfill, except now, and especially with time, they'd probably be well-received just for how terribly the show wrapped up and ended.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i fully expect his will to say "never, ever finish the series, and also burn my notes"

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

HBO is doing their next prestige show, Last of Us, for a bit over 10 million an episode. What the gently caress lmao'ing really hard. ST should have been what it was in the first season and just been this neat thing, instead of laughable, terrible garbage no one could possibly care about.

I guess it costs a lot to digitally de age those no-longer kids and alter their vocal pitches up.

Justin Credible fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 21, 2022

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

what the gently caress how's that even possible I remember the CGI monsters looked like rear end

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i presume and hope that the cast are absolutely milking this poo poo for all it's worth

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the very last page of his final book in the series:

"and as they crept forwards, the shadows receded from the end of the great hall slowly revealing... the true Throne which all these Games had been about the whole time! and there was a person sitting on the throne... wise and handsome, with a full body indicating overflowing vital potency... slowly, they spoke!

'hi, it's me, george r.r. martin. that's right, i was on the throne the whole time. i'd like to thank you for joining me on this great journey of imagination and excitement. excelsior!" he then snapped his fingers and suddenly our heroes woke up back on Earth in their beds - it had all been a dream after all.

THE END"

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

contract bloat maybe? would that get calculated our with the per ep. costs?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Your Gay Uncle posted:

It's make believe.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

another Scorsese/Schrader classic

You know it's a great film when, even after seeing it several times previously and having seen numerous parodies of and homages to it over the years, the "You talkin' to me?" scene still doesn't come across as boring or hoary or cliched, but is instead a great depiction of just how much Travis' sanity is eroding.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Justin Credible posted:

What's amusing to me too, is the shitshow HBO tailed/ended on was so bad, I think he thinks the expectations are too high for his books to ever fulfill, except now, and especially with time, they'd probably be well-received just for how terribly the show wrapped up and ended.

Yeah, I doubt he thinks expectations are too high. Clearly he could give it a better wrapup than the show; it's such a low bar to clear. The end of the show makes sense with how the books are going. It was just executed terribly in a huge rush.

I think it's just more trouble than it's worth for him. He no longer gives a poo poo about ASOIAF.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

General Dog posted:

It seems like every multi-season British genre show I watch (including Luther) has the same issue where it burns through what would be like three seasons of plot in an American show in about six episodes, which is initially really fun, but it always spirals into total gibberish after that. See also: Killing Eve, Orphan Black (which I think is actually Canadian, but spiritually the same thing).

I definitely felt this with Luther. I liked the first season, was surprised at how much worse the second season was, and couldn't be bothered to finish the third season, which is saying something given how much I liked Idris Elba.

Of course an alternative is for a show to go to poo poo so badly within a single season that it gets cancelled despite starting off strong, like Giri/Haji.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, I doubt he thinks expectations are too high. Clearly he could give it a better wrapup than the show; it's such a low bar to clear. The end of the show makes sense with how the books are going. It was just executed terribly in a huge rush.

I think it's just more trouble than it's worth for him. He no longer gives a poo poo about ASOIAF.

I doubt I would either in his place. I think the main issue was him selling out but trying to convince himself he wasn't selling out/justifying selling out. It's an almost impossible line to walk, I'm guessing his main problem is that he even tried instead of just accepting what he was doing to himself. The 'quiz' he gave D&B is pretty telling - he thought he could maintain the integrity of the overall property once he let it be wrested out of his hands for a dumptruck full of cash.

Can't blame him for taking the cash out, but he should have had his reality glasses on from the jump with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I definitely felt this with Luther. I liked the first season, was surprised at how much worse the second season was, and couldn't be bothered to finish the third season, which is saying something given how much I liked Idris Elba.

Of course an alternative is for a show to go to poo poo so badly within a single season that it gets cancelled despite starting off strong, like Giri/Haji.

Yeah Luther went bad quickly too especially with the whole Alice thing. But even the roleplaying twin psychos was a bit much.