Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/quakerraina/status/1516846407629430785?s=20&t=4IzfV9WC5iPIBJS8_Xrj7g

The capitalists are trying their best to co-opt and the dems are going to get destroyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

30.5 Days posted:

Is it like "search arbitrage" where you're getting money from people who don't know how to use the internet? Why would someone order from you in this case?

It's not providing any value, and is really annoying if you're, say, trying to avoid using Amazon. There's a reason people who do it obfuscate it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

My wife is one of those super ultra rare cases of her PSLF actually working in her favor and it has been a loooooong loving road of bullshit to get there - calling, recalling, filling out forms, filing paperwork, calling, calling again, sending in more forms, "oh hi just wanted to make sure you got this? And this? And this? And this? Ok", then calling back and checking again

You'd think being a doc with Veterans Affairs would make it easier but lmao it's such a broken, convoluted mess of asinine busywork that statistically works for loving no one and absolutely no help is on the way for people like me with $$$ still left

the Democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

borat

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I should've put sirens around it

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Rhandhali posted:

They think they are just buying from Amazon/Etsy/eBay/whoever, it’s not really obvious that the seller you are dealing with is dropshipping or not.

A few years ago a guy made bank by buying super cheap watches on AliExpress, paying Instagram influencers to wear them, then selling them at a luxury markup, it's a huge waste

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Dropshipping, because America needs more middle men for its economy, not doctors or teachers, that’s a public service that needs to be immediately privatized if it’s to be good for the economy with crab in the bucket middle men all playing Russian roulette on bag holding

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Good soup! posted:

My wife is one of those super ultra rare cases of her PSLF actually working in her favor and it has been a loooooong loving road of bullshit to get there - calling, recalling, filling out forms, filing paperwork, calling, calling again, sending in more forms, "oh hi just wanted to make sure you got this? And this? And this? And this? Ok", then calling back and checking again

You'd think being a doc with Veterans Affairs would make it easier but lmao it's such a broken, convoluted mess of asinine busywork that statistically works for loving no one and absolutely no help is on the way for people like me with $$$ still left

working as intended

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

30.5 Days posted:

Is it like "search arbitrage" where you're getting money from people who don't know how to use the internet? Why would someone order from you in this case?

Like other people said, the dropshippers try to make it look like they are selling the item. You can always spot dropshipped trash by the similar pictures on the listings

Protip: If you see two or more items with the same picture but different brand names (usually something nonsensical like BONGFAS or UGRAY), or the picture has terribly photoshopped people/animals using the item, you can always find that same item on Ali for way cheaper

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
just to be clear there ARE legitimate use cases for drop shipping in the economy as currently structured (for example wholesalers/manufacturers who don't want to deal with retail themselves, or smaller business being able to offer more products that complement what they specialize in without having to manage that inventory). but that's not what people are talking about when they talk about getting rich off it or being their own boss or whatever

I have no recollection of how this conversation started in this thread. I am excited to witness the destruction of the democrats on 2022, and perhaps the destruction of America as well.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

can't afford any more covid tests though

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Good soup! posted:

the Democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

My wife has had the same experience. There's a reason before the recent changes the rate of success was somewhere south of half a percent. She went from straight lib to raging communist in the process so it's not all bad.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

camoseven posted:

just to be clear there ARE legitimate use cases for drop shipping in the economy as currently structured (for example wholesalers/manufacturers who don't want to deal with retail themselves, or smaller business being able to offer more products that complement what they specialize in without having to manage that inventory). but that's not what people are talking about when they talk about getting rich off it or being their own boss or whatever

I have no recollection of how this conversation started in this thread. I am excited to witness the destruction of the democrats on 2022, and perhaps the destruction of America as well.

Debt payment. It’s not even off topic, it’s literally interrelated because people need to cook up schemes to get basic amenities and rights (that should have been provided with appropriate use of taxation)instead of functioning in a society and contributing and living.

People are treading or drowning and Joe Biden is hem hawing at helping too much, if at all

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 22:25 on Apr 21, 2022

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

almost everyone I know “dropshipping” was actually doing arbitrage on Amazon

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mayor Dave posted:

A few years ago a guy made bank by buying super cheap watches on AliExpress, paying Instagram influencers to wear them, then selling them at a luxury markup, it's a huge waste

i wish ali hadn't cracked down so effectively on the rolex knockoffs

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

we missed out on president pete offering ukraine up to $800 million in tax deference for arms maintenance personal savings accounts

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

Dropshipping, because America needs more middle men for its economy, not doctors or teachers, that’s a public service that needs to be immediately privatized if it’s to be good for the economy with crab in the bucket middle men all playing Russian roulette on bag holding

Doctors (GPs), teachers, and nurses all get treated like poo poo and get paid poo poo. EMTs get treated like poo poo and paid poo poo. Literally any job that matters even slightly. Truckers. Cooks. Maintenance workers. Everything.

Dropshippers might get poo poo pay, they're generally being badly exploited. But the people who exploit them are nice to them and mostly leave them alone. Dropshipping is like voting for trump. Everything is going to keep getting worse. Probably even slightly faster as a result of your decisions. But you can alleviate some of your own pain by just leaning into the collapse, how does it benefit you to be a nurse and have your boss scream at you as they force you to murder people through neglect?

animist
Aug 28, 2018
u ever think about how the dems were founded by Andrew Jackson

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

really enjoying the current news cycle of, to paraphrase an old tweet:

Republican: your a pedophile child groomer
Democrats: *chuckles condescendingly* *you're

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1517235853948563456?s=20&t=MNH-YCCN-3iLFM8vT0zgPg

"huh maybe getting mulched and saying nothing about it is bad"

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.redfin.com/news/redfin-rental-report-march-2022/

quote:

Rental Market Tracker: Asking Rents Climbed 17% to a Record High in March

Rising monthly mortgage payments—up 34% from a year ago, due largely to rising interest rates–are pricing more people out of the homebuying market, which could lead to even more increases in rents.

The median monthly asking rent in the U.S. increased 17% year over year to a record high of $1,940 in March, the largest annual jump since at least February 2020 (Redfin’s rental data goes back through February 2019). Meanwhile, the national median monthly mortgage payment for homebuyers rose twice as fast: It climbed 34% year over year to $1,910, also the biggest increase in Redfin’s records.

Curse you Putin! Nothing we can do about this. Don't forget to vote blue

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Little late in the game for this one

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Wolfy posted:

Little late in the game for this one

there is still time to embed ducklo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Once Ducklo is embedded, everything will change. We'll embed him in the very flow of life itself. He will cure all diseases.

Wasn't the original embedding of Ducklo just putting him on the DNC board so Biden would have an ally there or something

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Hey wait a minute

Whatever happened to biden explicitly promising to cure cancer

Maybe joseph can work that out before the midterms and save the noble good guy democrats from slaughter

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wherever he is embedded becomes ducklo. unfortunately, ducklo is ally to none.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

He said "Maybe you should pretend to have principles and talk about them during your campaign. When your opponent does or says something that's bad, tell the voters that you disagree and why. If people agree with them, or are convinced by what they hear, they'll vote for you."

And the democrats are astonished, and are considering maybe doing that. Maybe. in 2022

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm a radical i say we embed Ducklo AND Bates. Its what the bigwigs on the beltway are scared to say

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm a radical i say we embed Ducklo AND Bates. Its what the bigwigs on the beltway are scared to say

i literally don't even know what 1 2 3 even mean

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

mediaphage posted:

No one does. It's provocative. It gets the base going.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
OFA is Obama for America. It was the Obama grassroots org, which he ran because he didn't trust the DNC. As soon as he came to power he dismantled it. Omalley Dillon is the campaign manager for Biden that took over for the general campaign.
Ducklo is a creep, but their idea was that he was their creep and if he was in charge of the DNC, the dems wouldn't run away from Biden the way they did to Obama in 2010.

Anyways, getting my predictions in right now:
dems will lose 29 seats in the house and 2 in the senate.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

joepinetree posted:

OFA is Obama for America. It was the Obama grassroots org, which he ran because he didn't trust the DNC. As soon as he came to power he dismantled it. Omalley Dillon is the campaign manager for Biden that took over for the general campaign.
Ducklo is a creep, but their idea was that he was their creep and if he was in charge of the DNC, the dems wouldn't run away from Biden the way they did to Obama in 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-H1T7ny2Uw

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

mediaphage posted:

I think the ofa model refers to “organizing for action/America ” which was the community organizing thing that grew out of Obama’s initial campaign, but proper establishment democrats, like Martin O’Malley mentioned in point 2 (basically Tommy Carcetti from the wire) hated because he kept it separate from the Democratic Party and didn’t fully fold them in.

basically it worked for Obama so let’s not do that thing

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

joepinetree posted:

technically it was still around until 2018 when Obama played a magic card and fused it with the NDRC to create the Blue eyes ultimate dragon

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

This is Mr. Tyler J. Ducklo btw. I was curious about who he was. The fate of the Republic hinges on his being embedded correctly.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

projecthalaxy posted:

This is Mr. Tyler J. Ducklo btw. I was curious about who he was. The fate of the Republic hinges on his being embedded correctly.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/white-house-tj-ducklo-threatens-to-destroy-female-reporter/

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Not ideal!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they probably should have chosen someone other than a dying sex pest who can't keep his mouth shut to run the dnc for them. it is too late now, though. the embedding is consummated.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

when you deploy a high impact asset, you accept the risk of collateral damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

joepinetree posted:

I'm hoping for closer to 129.