Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

never thought I'd miss watch chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

FAUXTON posted:

you're not gonna sell yours that easily pal

A boomer in a mid life crisis will scoop up my car up for near MSRP value

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The secret to McDonalds coffee is Salt lol.

You can add salt to bitter coffee to make it better but it’s an additional step in the process.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

ilmucche posted:

I had a great uncle who swore by mcdonald's coffee after they got the recipe. apparently subway had decent coffee back in the day

I have no idea how it‘s in other countries, but over here, McDonalds coffee was absolutely disgusting bitter poo poo. Then they „rebranded“ by opening „McCafe“ stores next to their usual stores, and under loud protest I visited one when I was on a business trip with a friend and it was….pretty good? Way better than the two times I was at a Starbucks where they looked at me pretty funny when I said „no, I just want a plain cup of black coffee, no sugar, no milk“ and it was…ugh….

No idea how it is now, but apparently they upped their game back then when they opened up these McCafes here.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

learnincurve posted:

You can add salt to bitter coffee to make it better but it’s an additional step in the process.

the F1 of coffee :salt:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

learnincurve posted:

I always add a bit of salt. Learned that from basically the best coffee maker I ever visited in Italy. I can taste absolutely zero difference, and still assume she was mocking me, but what is a sprinkle of salt anyway? (I also add like a third teaspoon of proper roasted cacao on like eight cups of coffee, and there I can taste the difference.)

I also mostly drink tea since about three years, so there‘s that.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

italian quid posted:

the problem with all these rumours is that Tim Hortons coffee has always been trash, never once in my life have I had a good Tim Hortons coffee. The people who think Tim Hortons coffees were/are good are the same people who think they need some massive loving half ton truck or SUV to take their kid to school when it snows out.

yeah no one who actually likes tim hortons coffee drinks it black they're always double double or triple triple, so I guess these people like Nielsen Milk and Redpath sugar or something

I worked at Tim Hortons in high school it's a poo poo job be kind to your underpaid coffee slingers thanks

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

italy makes absolute poo poo coffee

espresso is good. that's coffee technique

their coffee is roasted with a blowtorch and mixed with metal filings

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Belmonte is the best coffee, irish a close second. I may have to be awake but I don't have to be sober. :colbert:

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

tuo posted:

I have no idea how it‘s in other countries, but over here, McDonalds coffee was absolutely disgusting bitter poo poo. Then they „rebranded“ by opening „McCafe“ stores next to their usual stores, and under loud protest I visited one when I was on a business trip with a friend and it was….pretty good? Way better than the two times I was at a Starbucks where they looked at me pretty funny when I said „no, I just want a plain cup of black coffee, no sugar, no milk“ and it was…ugh….

No idea how it is now, but apparently they upped their game back then when they opened up these McCafes here.

McCafe started in location of the last race about 25-ish years ago. Local city franchisee got sick of everyone walking past McDonalds in the morning to get their coffee and actually bought some espresso machines with halfway decent coffee and pastries, put a quick counter in the front of some stores, and had enough success that higher ups at McDonalds started noticing and spread from there.

No-one was going there previously because every corner cafe in Melbourne had an espresso machine and made far better coffee due to massive migration of Italians and Greeks post WW2.

Ultimately Starbucks tried to move in mid 2000s and largely failed and had to close most stores due to their coffee being complete garbage and overpriced in comparison to anything from any random place in Melbourne.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Red Warrior posted:

Ultimately Starbucks tried to move in mid 2000s and largely failed and had to close most stores due to their coffee being complete garbage and overpriced in comparison to anything from any random place in Melbourne.

Oh, not surprised it started way sooner in other countries. When it came over here, there was just the breakfast stuff with the EggMcMuffin and terrible coffee. Then they rebranded by dropping the red color for green, and adding the McCafe lounges to places, and the coffee I got there was at least okay. Only ever had Starbucks two times while waiting on a trainstation for someone and it was always ugh….

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

your friend wicka posted:

Dunkin coffee is 100 times better than Starbucks. Every fast food chain has better coffee than Starbucks. The Folgers my grandma makes, where she uses like twice as much as is suggested and lets it sit on the burner all afternoon, is better than Starbucks.

Is Formula 1 better than Starbucks? :thunk:

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Ya everyone should just drive fiat pandas

We have a p sweet Fiat Panda 4x4 here at my work that is part of our collection

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 21, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’ve had yeast infections better than Starbucks :colbert:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

GramCracker posted:

that loving whips rear end

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Tsaedje posted:

I drink tea

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Earl Grey is a good, honest tea.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

GramCracker posted:

This thing rules

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

i almost had a heatstroke in a fiat panda once

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

italy makes absolute poo poo coffee

espresso is good. that's coffee technique

their coffee is roasted with a blowtorch and mixed with metal filings

Can confirm that in general, American Third Wave/etc coffee beats the poo poo out of almost anything you'll find in Europe.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Full Collapse posted:

Earl Grey is a good, honest tea.

Earl Grey is an adulterated fraud perpetuated by Big Bergamot. English Breakfast is an honest, faithful blend that means well whatever the time of day.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

english breakfast is tasteless and bland, like england itself and george russell

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

My current coffee provider: https://groundsandhoundscoffee.com

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

english breakfast is tasteless and bland, like england itself and george russell

Do you have a testing center nearby?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

A boomer in a mid life crisis will scoop up my car up for near MSRP value

boomers in mid life crises also wire their life savings to loving ghana because a prince emailed them about a diamond mine/F1 Team this is not a high bar

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

english breakfast tea is one of those weird anomalies that is neither english nor anything english people actually drink, it's a bit like judging any nationality based on their Lidl week

like I'm with the thread on boiled horsemeat and jellied eels, but english breakfast tea is the first thing you take from the hotel minibar, throw in the bin and then get on the spirits/herbal tea.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Yes, no one in England regularly drinks a blend of Ceylon, Kenyan, and Indian black teas that has been one of the Western world's most popular for at least 150 years. Universally known for being particularly robust and rich, said blend also somehow manages to be "tasteless and bland," possibly because no one is drinking it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

marshalljim posted:

Yes, no one in England regularly drinks a blend of Ceylon, Kenyan, and Indian black teas that has been one of the Western world's most popular for at least 150 years. Universally known for being particularly robust and rich, said blend also somehow manages to be "tasteless and bland," possibly because no one is drinking it.

okay either it is full of flavour or British people consume it, you can't have it both ways buddy.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

tea is overrated and I can't stand when british people are like "ooh err cockwombles I do love tea I do"

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

GramCracker posted:

Hell yeah

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Tbf, I don’t think it’s just the British. My Swedish grandmother (she spoke the language and was super racist) preferred to cook everything with the following seasonings: salt, butter.

She ate lutefisk at Christmas every year until she died.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

it's time for afternoon tea everyone!!!

*drinks dirty water*

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

British food is atrocious, but so is Dutch, Belgian and everything German that is not a sausage. Northern Europe just likes terrible bland stuff.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yorkshire tea or supermarket own brand "strong tea"

herbal tea isn't tea, I'm sure lots of people like it but it's a herbal infusion.

Also Americans keep calling my tortoise a turtle and I'm very distressed about this

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Coffee

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

marshalljim posted:

thank you for the blow-by-blow account of how you get your poo poo rocked in a wetherspoons, nerd

learnincurve posted:

Yorkshire tea or supermarket own brand "strong tea"

it's this

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Bit upset at the lack of McLaren truck photos this season, hope that we can see more of them at Imola

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Residency Evil posted:

Can confirm that in general, American Third Wave/etc coffee beats the poo poo out of almost anything you'll find in Europe.

edit: the worst coffee I've ever tasted has been from American breakfast diners and I would class that as 'in general' for the US.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Aphex- posted:

edit: the worst coffee I've ever tasted has been from American breakfast diners and I would class that as 'in general' for the US.

Mike Krack does coffee reviews?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The British should give their opinions about more things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

tuo posted:

Way better than the two times I was at a Starbucks where they looked at me pretty funny when I said „no, I just want a plain cup of black coffee, no sugar, no milk“ and it was…ugh….

The one downside of Dunkin Donuts coffee is that if you make the mistake of saying "regular" coffee they will take that to mean some disgusting poo poo absolutely filled with cream and sugar.