Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Man vs Bee was just way too much for Travis to handle out of the gate. He was riding that high for the whole episode and it showed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Shinjobi posted:

Man vs Bee was just way too much for Travis to handle out of the gate. He was riding that high for the whole episode and it showed.

I mean, I get it. "Future Justin" informing everyone that it was 10 full episodes mirrored my own reaction and feelings. It's a lot to take in and process

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

How is it ten, though?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

more falafel please posted:

How is it ten, though?

IMDB also says episode 1 is 10 minutes long so 10 episodes would still only be 100 minutes

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Piell posted:

IMDB also says episode 1 is 10 minutes long so 10 episodes would still only be 100 minutes

What if each episode is twice as long as the one before it???

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
What if each episode gets longer any time someone says bee

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-6DIip9AIo

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Wait is Rowan Atkinson cancelled for something? I must have missed that one.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

He wasn’t canceled because he clearly is getting work. Probably just has some poo poo opinions because everyone does

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Entropic posted:

Wait is Rowan Atkinson cancelled for something? I must have missed that one.

he's a poo poo tory who defends racist jokes and whines about cancel culture. like all other guys like that he is incredibly rich and by no means "cancelled" in any way that actually impacts his career

james acaster has like ten minutes on him in his most recent standup special and it's great

eke out fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 20, 2022

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

He's not bad because he's a tory, he's bad because he's British clearly.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

also one time he switched his hospital waiting room number with a woman too bandaged up to protest and got to cut in line.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

eke out posted:

james acaster has like ten minutes on him in his most recent standup special and it's great

Had no idea he had his girlfriend stolen by Rowan Atkinson, ouch.

As far as I can see he basically just said "cancel culture is bad", so yea, bit of a prick but also he's a white comedian in his 70s who's incredibly rich so par for the course really.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

AndrewP posted:

also one time he switched his hospital waiting room number with a woman too bandaged up to protest and got to cut in line.

His driving habits are also terrible, I saw a documentary on TV once.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Just Chamber posted:

Had no idea he had his girlfriend stolen by Rowan Atkinson, ouch.

As far as I can see he basically just said "cancel culture is bad", so yea, bit of a prick but also he's a white comedian in his 70s who's incredibly rich so par for the course really.

defended Boris Johnson's right to make fun of muslims because it's funny and that's what matters, is a joke funny or not, then later said cancel culture is a medieval mob looking for people to burn

don't gotta hand it to him

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Elden Ring breathed life back into Monster Factory. Elden Ring truly is the greatest game of all time

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Piell posted:

How is it 100 though?

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Jesus pleasus someone tell Travis to reign it in a bit, it feels like 30 consecutive episodes where he just interrupts everyone else for some dumb joke for the entire episode.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

meanolmrcloud posted:

Jesus pleasus someone tell Travis to reign it in a bit, it feels like 606 consecutive episodes where he just interrupts everyone else for some dumb joke for the entire episode.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

eke out posted:

lol I looked him up and I’m sorry but having your girlfriend stolen by Mr Bean is objectively hilarious

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Entropic posted:

lol I looked him up and I’m sorry but having your girlfriend stolen by Mr Bean is objectively hilarious

it is and it's a really good bit. also the stuff about failing terribly on great british bakeoff, whole special is great

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

meanolmrcloud posted:

Jesus pleasus someone tell Elliot to reign it in a bit, it feels like 30 consecutive episodes where he just interrupts everyone else for some dumb joke for the entire episode.

do you see how foolish and naive that sounds?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

meanolmrcloud posted:

Jesus pleasus someone tell Travis to reign it in a bit, it feels like 30 consecutive episodes where he just interrupts everyone else for some dumb joke for the entire episode.

I noticed his streams on their YouTube get far, far fewer views than Griffin’s and I thought that was funny

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

omg chael crash posted:

I noticed his streams on their YouTube get far, far fewer views than Griffin’s and I thought that was funny

I admit the only time I watch his is when one of the other two is also on.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
man, just picturing all of the alternate timelines where Travis is included in Monster Factory....some better for Travis as a streamer...some worse for Monster Factory as a media entity.....

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Blink sharks are pretty nifty

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
ok I like the blink sharks a lot

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
more like blink sharts imo

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Empty Sandwich posted:

more like blink sharts imo

you don't mean that. you don't mean that

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Blink shark he love the fat kobold

Jumley
Oct 10, 2012

There's hope for you yet.
I don't watch the Stardew streams, but that's just because I don't want to watch a Stardew stream. If I'm gonna watch that game, I'd rather play it. LttP on the other hand is very watchable, especially with a randomizer and the one hit kill condition.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Farg posted:

you don't mean that. you don't mean that

I don't. I just wanted to look like a big man, you know?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Brick Frog voice Blllllink Shark!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Jumley posted:

I don't watch the Stardew streams, but that's just because I don't want to watch a Stardew stream. If I'm gonna watch that game, I'd rather play it. LttP on the other hand is very watchable, especially with a randomizer and the one hit kill condition.

I say this as someone who also enjoys Stardew Valley: there is a reason that Justin and Griffin's video for it was titled "Finding the Fun". I guess it's a cool thing to just chill out and half watch, and maybe you're someone who likes Travis or will just watch anything on the channel, but Stardew is not the draw to that stream.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Shinjobi posted:

I mean, the song is Claire de Lune with some extra fun mixed in.

quoting this from last year to specify:

Claire de Lune with the noise the Millennium Falcon makes when it doesn't start mixed in

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Pham Nuwen posted:

Blink shark he love the fat kobold

Mods, admin?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I wonder what percentage of TAZ has the player characters separated.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
every single one when you think about it maaaaaaaan

can you really like, play,a , character, maaaaaaaaaan

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Sankis posted:

I wonder what percentage of TAZ has the player characters separated.

It's clearly a conscious choice, and I think to some degree it does work better for the show they're trying to make. It's easier to have character development 1:1, and it can help pacing by breaking things up. You also don't get any bickering in response to "So what do you wanna do?"

In a traditional table game, it sucks, but they're literally at work when they're playing this game. They're going to make different choices than I would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I least there was some action to the individual parts of the party being split up as opposed to the Travis narrates how he hosed a jellyfish episodes they had in balance