Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*40-year old Tesco manager from Leeds* The Zed Ex Spectrum conversion of Bucky O'Hare puts any Snezz or Mega Drive game to shame. Cracking port, mate

Lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*40-year old Tesco manager from Leeds* The Zed Ex Spectrum conversion of Bucky O'Hare puts any Snezz or Mega Drive game to shame. Cracking port, mate

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

British child: Mum, can I play Simpsons arcade?
Mum: We have Simpsons arcade at home

Literally Simpsons arcade at home:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH5WTqVFLrs

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I distinctly remember getting a passing grade in Bart's Nightmare without getting any pages
maybe one or two, but I sucked too much at the minigames for it to be more

I was dicking around in the overworld for a while trying to figure out the mechanics, what the bubbles and watermelon seeds did and all that, and I ended up getting a very slightly higher grade despite having the same number of pages, so I decided to try avoiding the pages entirely and just farm points by jumping over the jebediah springfield heads and poo poo

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

British child: Mum, can I play Simpsons arcade?
Mum: We have Simpsons arcade at home

Literally Simpsons arcade at home:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH5WTqVFLrs

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Cubone posted:

I distinctly remember getting a passing grade in Bart's Nightmare without getting any pages
maybe one or two, but I sucked too much at the minigames for it to be more

I was dicking around in the overworld for a while trying to figure out the mechanics, what the bubbles and watermelon seeds did and all that, and I ended up getting a very slightly higher grade despite having the same number of pages, so I decided to try avoiding the pages entirely and just farm points by jumping over the jebediah springfield heads and poo poo

thats cheating imo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

yeah… about that…

i still thought I was fun and the boss fights were really great.
I remember it had a really weird atmosphere in a good way in parts, and had some impressive boss fights and stuff for the time, but thinking back I don't think I enjoyed a single moment of it to actually play. Also you had to collect every single one of the stupid ewok goblin things on every level to get to the final boss and they could get killed by stray laser fire and their tiny heads would bounce around the level so it's probably the one N64 game I owned which I never completed other than Turok: Dinosaur Hunter.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

simpsons arcade (c64) rocks. all our favorite characters are here:

mr smithers

mr burns

and my favorite, krusty the clown

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I playtested Virtual Bart and told them it sucked but I don't think it helped

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

P-Mack posted:

I playtested Virtual Bart and told them it sucked but I don't think it helped

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thats cheating imo

yeah god forbid he not engage with the mechanics of bvarts nightmare

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tmfc posted:

simpsons arcade (c64) rocks. all our favorite characters are here:

mr smithers

mr burns

and my favorite, krusty the clown

all the stars are here!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

all the stars are here!!

Arriaga, Arriaga II, Barriaga, Aruglia and Pizzozza

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fungah! posted:

yeah god forbid he not engage with the mechanics of bvarts nightmare

you have to play barts nightmare the intended way by dying fives seconds into the godzilla level

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

the only bart's nightmare minigames that were even remotely winnable were the bloodstream, itchy and scratchy, and bartman.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I was able to beat Bartzilla consistently. I don't even remember what the Bartman one was lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Bartzilla one looked cool at least

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

still mad they pulled the arcade game off the xbox marketplace before I got around to buying a 360

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

bees x1000 posted:

the only bart's nightmare minigames that were even remotely winnable were the bloodstream, itchy and scratchy, and bartman.

it owns that the itchy and scratchy level gives you a life bar even though i think every thing kills you in one hit lmao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
why the gently caress is excape permamapped to zr in rune factory 4!! it's so easy to hit!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it owns that the itchy and scratchy level gives you a life bar even though i think every thing kills you in one hit lmao

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

one of the best nintendo 64 games imo

I got the tude now posted:

I’m going to shove the entire Rare library up your rear end so you can appreciate it even more

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Recently been dwelling on the fact that warioware twisted was never released in europe

what was it like

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The best warioware by far until gold

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I remember when i was a child having a dream that I was playing it and it was really good. And it literally never happened. I'm so upset

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I remember it had a really weird atmosphere in a good way in parts, and had some impressive boss fights and stuff for the time, but thinking back I don't think I enjoyed a single moment of it to actually play. Also you had to collect every single one of the stupid ewok goblin things on every level to get to the final boss and they could get killed by stray laser fire and their tiny heads would bounce around the level so it's probably the one N64 game I owned which I never completed other than Turok: Dinosaur Hunter.

It took me forever to beat because there were some of those ewok things hidden in some room where you would never see the jump platforms unless you used the flares, which was the only time in the game that the item was actually useful

it was already a pretty long game and the fetch quest really took the wind out of its sails. Soundtrack is great though

https://youtu.be/-Efvh8yVnJE

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

rescuing the ewoks in jet force gemini is stupid and becuase of that and the parts where you have to control a tiny flying robot with lovely controls i have to give the game an eight out of ten better luck next time rare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I remember when i was a child having a dream that I was playing it and it was really good. And it literally never happened. I'm so upset

put your GBA in a wooden shoe tonight and leave it by your unlocked back door, when you wake up it will have an OLED screen and a flash cart full of roms