Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
Liam's Kingdom Hearts streams were great and I still go back to them every now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

My fav thing with Liam is the streets of rage remake (high quality fangame stream) he did with Matt a bunch of years ago shortly after he left the channel. it's just a good, chill time. I really enjoy putting it on in the back once a year or two while I'm working on something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX5FJ3i0BM4

soupy.
Jun 2, 2019

The one that instantly sticks out is this Castlevania LP. I had never played one before and it was really interesting to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3VAG2CxFAM

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
We definitely know Pat and Matt were not friends and were actually venomously enemies on Matt's side cause even Matt's wife freaked the gently caress out when Pat suggested to help with Liam on warframe.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Matt and Liam's post-channel LPs are all bangers. Big fan of the Sonic 2006 and Clock Tower 3 ones.

e: The Warframe thing was bizarre because even Woolie said there would be no mistake about how Liam feels towards Pat so it came off as some weird performative public bit on Pat's end.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 22, 2022

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tae posted:

even Matt's wife freaked the gently caress out when Pat suggested to help with Liam on warframe.
This was one of the more embarrassing things to see happen publicly

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
I remember shortly after the channel closed, he went on the record in I think resetera what happened between him and Pat, but ultimately doesn't hate him (anymore at least) and didn't blame him for trying to message him about Warframe. He said that he muted Pat's twitter after their fight so he didn't even know it happened, but understood it was probably to not cause any suspicions between their relationship.

soupy. posted:

The one that instantly sticks out is this Castlevania LP. I had never played one before and it was really interesting to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3VAG2CxFAM

Their Castlevania LPs in general are fun to watch, Matt comes off genuinely invested and Liam gets to show off a lot of interesting stuff in those games.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

there are some old LP playlists I absolutely adore queueing up on my ipad while I drift off to sleep (have prob gone thru DMC3 five-six times)- never watched these castlevanias before. I'm gonna give em a shot, thank you :tipshat:

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 22, 2022

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Does Liam even have a RSS feed?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Warbird posted:

Does Liam even have a RSS feed?

He's gotten out of streaming and is going to school for game dev full time except when he shows up on Matt's channel (unless this is a goof I'm missing)

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Perhaps we'll get a tell all when the day that Castle Super Beast: Final happens.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

my uncle who works at zaibatsu says it's all minh's fault

soupy.
Jun 2, 2019

I remember the joke being that omikron killed the channel. Was it really that bad? I never watched it and have always meant to, but that stuff makes me feel gross and I can't stomach people being genuinely angry at each other if they were lol.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

soupy. posted:

I remember the joke being that omikron killed the channel. Was it really that bad? I never watched it and have always meant to, but that stuff makes me feel gross and I can't stomach people being genuinely angry at each other if they were lol.

I wouldn't worry too much, Woolie and Pat were the ones closest to coming to blows

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
It really was that bad. Omikron is so loving busted it's amazing Cage got to make another game. You can't help but get genuinely angry playing it. Combine that with just any group of people and even Buddhist monks will be near fighting.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

soupy. posted:

Omikron itself didn't kill the channel but it made the cracks between the members wider and led them faster down the road that would eventually lead to the demise of the group.

It's really, really loving bad and the fact that they beat the game at all is a testament to their perseverance.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Supergreatfriend got through it without getting upset.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
SGF came close to breaking. Specifically during some shooting section in the city. You could hear it in his voice.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
SGF has also played a mountain of games as poo poo or shitter than the entire SBF catalogue hour-wise.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I mostly just wanted to share that pun tbh

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I first started noticing something wrong with the RE5 LP, where Matt seemed really disinterested while Pat was being overbearing about optimizing Matt's equipment.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Perfect Potato posted:

I wouldn't worry too much, Woolie and Pat were the ones closest to coming to blows

[between intense arguing] "Guys, look! I'm jumping!"

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Pennsylvanian posted:

I first started noticing something wrong with the RE5 LP, where Matt seemed really disinterested while Pat was being overbearing about optimizing Matt's equipment.

I mostly remember Pat keeping most of the guns and very reluctantly letting Matt have the magnum.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah that whole RE5 LP was loving weird

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lmao the most recent ff6 twitch archive is fantastic. woolie not realizing the town he was about to enter, the incredible dragon fight, cyan bashing, and then the veldt cave, all such amazing moments.

Woolie hitting autobattle in a random battle, the party instantly dying simultaneously, and him just going "REG SYSTEM, EXPLAIN." was an all-timer for me, I had been really hoping it would happen at least once during the run, and while it unfortunately happened during an autobattle so didn't show what caused it, the resulting confusion was amazing

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

I mostly remember Pat keeping most of the guns and very reluctantly letting Matt have the magnum.

Yeah he was also insistent on not letting Matt upgrade his stock shotgun, because you pick up a better shotgun layer. But Pat forgets how late you get that gun and I think they ended up running past it anyway.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Captain Invictus posted:

lmao the most recent ff6 twitch archive is fantastic. woolie not realizing the town he was about to enter, the incredible dragon fight, cyan bashing, and then the veldt cave, all such amazing moments.

Woolie hitting autobattle in a random battle, the party instantly dying simultaneously, and him just going "REG SYSTEM, EXPLAIN." was an all-timer for me, I had been really hoping it would happen at least once during the run, and while it unfortunately happened during an autobattle so didn't show what caused it, the resulting confusion was amazing

Joker Doom?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yep

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Pennsylvanian posted:

Yeah he was also insistent on not letting Matt upgrade his stock shotgun, because you pick up a better shotgun layer. But Pat forgets how late you get that gun and I think they ended up running past it anyway.

He couldn't remember what island in the Problematic Tribal Swamp Level had the shotgun on it and iirc after spending a lot of recording time bumbling around he finally had to pull up a guide to find it. It was funny from an outsider view watching Pat 「Crazy Talk」through the game, but Matt seemed annoyed.

Basically, if you want to watch Pat lightly coach someone through RE5, the replay he did with Paige a couple years ago is a lot better.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

it's actually kind of impressive how Woolie is squeezing every little bit of content out of Elden Ring

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

mistermojo posted:

it's actually kind of impressive how Woolie is squeezing every little bit of content out of Elden Ring
Good or bad thing?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yes

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Woolie standing in poison to fist fight a group of enemies one at a time instead of just leading them to an area without poison is why I love watching him play video games.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
woolie is very singleminded when it comes to tactics but that leads to amazing things like Relm soloing the Wind Dragon that's 43 levels above her just because someone suggested it once, even though he could have easily kept his entire party alive if he just had one of them spamming full party cura every turn

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

He couldn't remember what island in the Problematic Tribal Swamp Level had the shotgun on it and iirc after spending a lot of recording time bumbling around he finally had to pull up a guide to find it. It was funny from an outsider view watching Pat 「Crazy Talk」through the game, but Matt seemed annoyed.

Basically, if you want to watch Pat lightly coach someone through RE5, the replay he did with Paige a couple years ago is a lot better.

Matt also seemed annoyed and irritated to be there during the Yakuza Zero playthrough at the end.

He never really came back from that hiatus.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

lol they spent the last four years or whatever making a PC port after they got booed off the stage at blizzcon after their closer completely bombed and gave us both "is this an out of season april fools joke" and "u got an rear end dont u"

https://twitter.com/DiabloImmortal/status/1518553373477412866

But anyway I was thinking about the infamous "3 Bs" segment and it is way, way, way funnier than I remember it being. They get right to it, first 30 seconds. And mind you this was recorded in 2016 :stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R8SyNZQaPg

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

wow, caught a live podcast and pat's face is noticeably thinner :-]

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

post smooth/skinny pat

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

lol they spent the last four years or whatever making a PC port after they got booed off the stage at blizzcon after their closer completely bombed and gave us both "is this an out of season april fools joke" and "u got an rear end dont u"

https://twitter.com/DiabloImmortal/status/1518553373477412866

But anyway I was thinking about the infamous "3 Bs" segment and it is way, way, way funnier than I remember it being. They get right to it, first 30 seconds. And mind you this was recorded in 2016 :stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R8SyNZQaPg

I love how Pat and Matt loving harmonise saying "that's too late!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

wow, caught a live podcast and pat's face is noticeably thinner :-]

He's lost weight in addition to looking less puffy. The move seems to be healthy for him.