Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
happy lionel hampton day. good vibes to you all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-T3yzl0Ss8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
indoor box has been flipped to 12/12

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
finishing up my 4th weed brownie, petting my cats, life's good

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
happy "weed day" to all who celebrate

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

i went to the weed store on weed day and they said "happy weed day" to me and then i bought some weed

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is pepsi ok posted:

i went to the weed store on weed day and they said "happy weed day" to me and then i bought some weed

hell yeah

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

is pepsi ok posted:

if you take 4/20 off blazing it's like stoner lent

(I did not do this)

Cloks posted:

happy "weed day" to all who celebrate

your avatar is well chosen

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

A friend's cat went into his weed and wouldn't leave.

Also, reclaim is just resin for zoomers, and pipes designed with arms to capture reclaim are even more gross than lovely 90s pipes with a storage chamber that "resonated" the weed, because pipes with reclaim arms are water based and you end up with a bunch of spit and other gross poo poo mixed in. Why are people trying to recycle weed in 2022, it's cheaper and more available than it's ever been

and that's my angry boomer rant about reclaim, thx

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

nah the stuff that condenses in the stem where it connects to the pipe isn’t full of spit and water it’s just concentrate. pure sweet* concentrate.

*not sweet at all but gets you high as gently caress and that’s the point.

it’s sort of like “slumming it”…I can pretend I’m a crackhead scraping the barrel. I guess it’s like we’re having a conversation about alcohol and you’re wondering why I’m not drinking finely aged whiskey but I’m just way too hosed up on moonshine to speak

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
idk I smoke resin or reclaim or whatever every now and then cause I'm a freak and sometimes don't have real weed. and it's mostly just nasty and it makes noxious smoke and barely, barely gets you high. It's desperation stuff

but I mean if there is spit or whatever in it its not like it really matters. Once you hit it with a lighter it's combustion products

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Also, reclaim is just resin for zoomers, and pipes designed with arms to capture reclaim are even more gross than lovely 90s pipes with a storage chamber that "resonated" the weed, because pipes with reclaim arms are water based and you end up with a bunch of spit and other gross poo poo mixed in. Why are people trying to recycle weed in 2022, it's cheaper and more available than it's ever been

and that's my angry boomer rant about reclaim, thx

reclaim? more like re-LAME!

also i've seen pics of people trying to sell reclaim as rosin lol

I rinse it out of my dab rig with orange oil and isopropyl

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

oh my god

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

i am harry posted:

nah the stuff that condenses in the stem where it connects to the pipe isn’t full of spit and water it’s just concentrate. pure sweet* concentrate.

*not sweet at all but gets you high as gently caress and that’s the point.

it’s sort of like “slumming it”…I can pretend I’m a crackhead scraping the barrel. I guess it’s like we’re having a conversation about alcohol and you’re wondering why I’m not drinking finely aged whiskey but I’m just way too hosed up on moonshine to speak

yah sorry if I came across as judgy, I realize not everyone is obsessed with this poo poo to the degree I am or in the position to legally just have a little shatter lab going in the shed and not worry about where the next quarter ounce of it is coming from because I just see it coming.

flipside, at least we're all allowed to have pets, if the US ever gets regressive on that, civil war for sure

Marzzle posted:

reclaim? more like re-LAME!

also i've seen pics of people trying to sell reclaim as rosin lol

I rinse it out of my dab rig with orange oil and isopropyl

I use old 200proof EtOH to clean everything but that's just because I buy like 10 gallons of it a year and after it's been looped enough times it picks up terps and oils.

The reason this grosses me out is that someone in an extracts group I follow posted a mindbreak pictorial of their reclaim process which involved processing all this spitty poo poo from the bottom of the pipe and he even detailed the "extra filtering" he did to try to get rid of it. I was as scarred by that as anything I've ever seen on SA

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

eugghghhgh there's a big difference between my own spit and other peoples' what the fucccck that example definitely garners the "why the gently caress wouldn't you just grow weed?!" response for sure

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
my long term goal is to develop a yeast that makes THC, it's time we stopped letting plants control our drugs

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh you guys don't like reclaim? that's why you're not real stoners like us burnouts from tcc :smug:

CatBlack posted:

Being stoned for 3 days sounds awesome. I'm high for like 24 hours if I let my q-tower elbow get really nasty and drink the milk. I need to try cooking my own edibles cause the stuff from the dispensary is too weak and expensive.

Startyde posted:

Sib lets their piece get gross with reclaim then simmers it in milk to get super high hth

CatBlack posted:

Don't knock it till you try it imo. It's fuckin nasty but nothing else gets me as high.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

empty whippet box posted:

oh you guys don't like reclaim? that's why you're not real stoners like us burnouts from tcc :smug:

what the gently caress

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

what the gently caress

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
so are you not sleeping during that time or are you wasting your weed while unconcious

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

tokin opposition posted:

my long term goal is to develop a yeast that makes THC, it's time we stopped letting plants control our drugs

a beer that gets you high... interesting

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

One of the highest i've ever been times came after smoking a nickle sized ball of resin we shaped into the triforce. When the three outer triangles burned away i crushed up the core with a pair of pliers, my roommate and i each took a big hit and then we tripped balls on the steps of the NOLA art museum from like 11p until 3a while he told me about stuff in the book of revelations it was absolutely great everything was great about it.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I clean our bong every few days and if it gets any resin buildup I feel viscerally disgusted by it

I mostly vape via arizer air though and I DO do the milk boil thing on the stem every now and then though it's sorta starting to gross me out as well which may just be a function of how many sticks of cannabutter I have stockpiled

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

you should see the inside of all of our lungs

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

yeah that's why I water filter my vape :gonk:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i am harry posted:

One of the highest i've ever been times came after smoking a nickle sized ball of resin we shaped into the triforce. When the three outer triangles burned away i crushed up the core with a pair of pliers, my roommate and i each took a big hit and then we tripped balls on the steps of the NOLA art museum from like 11p until 3a while he told me about stuff in the book of revelations it was absolutely great everything was great about it.

hell yea

used to have an old whip vape that I used for months with the same whip and went through like a pound of weed in that time, and it ultimately became so clogged with residue along the inside it wasn't working anymore. my girlfriend(now wife) and I cut it open with a razor blade and scraped all of the resin into a big goopy ball. It wasn't burnt or used up stuff at all, it was all good poo poo that just hadn't made it down the tube. it was hard to light and we thought we weren't getting much off of the hits we were taking until we had taken like 10 hits each and then realized we had really, really hosed up and spent several hours literally crying under the covers because we were too high it was great

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

empty whippet box posted:

look if I want to get that zooted I just eat like 500mg of decarbed oil and if that doesn't do it I eat 500 more

ofc I've been in the life long enough that if I zoom out I can remember many bowls of resin and many smoking devices made from unsafe materials, not to mention the loving mexican weed I cut my teeth on was probably a lot more toxic than even post-carbonized reclaim lol

i am harry posted:

much less gross than tobaccy lungs from what i've seen and vaping further reduces the kind of lung damage smoking does. (maybe it does other bad poo poo, give that another 10 years, but I'd be surprised, outside of the bad poo poo you get from vaping unpurged BHO or whatever)

there's some gross pics on youtube

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i am harry posted:

if half of your lungs aren't dead from covid you're probably in the top half of americans in lung health

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I use old 200proof EtOH to clean everything but that's just because I buy like 10 gallons of it a year and after it's been looped enough times it picks up terps and oils.

where do you get your ethanol btw? is it food grade? I'd like to clean my stuff with that and reuse it over and over until I have a cannabinoid laden booze I can offer guests. don't think I'd go the vac chamber method tho I'm a bubble hash man who just got a rosin press

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

stem milk and abv are great for when you're broke but still want to get high

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

making the stem milk is so gross though. the heat curdles the milk and it gets nasty to filter the particulate. I'd rather just do ethanol washes for stem hash and save it as a bespoke homemade THC liqueur. I don't make any stem milk with condensate off my banger because it just seems like it'd get the banger too gross b/c the neck is much more narrow than an arizer stem

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Marzzle posted:

where do you get your ethanol btw? is it food grade? I'd like to clean my stuff with that and reuse it over and over until I have a cannabinoid laden booze I can offer guests. don't think I'd go the vac chamber method tho I'm a bubble hash man who just got a rosin press

I use lab-alley or extractohol but it's sorta prohibitively expensive for cleaning, like $100/gallon, $350/5 gallon. Might be fine for your idea, but I think I'd just make tincture ;)

I'd use isopropyl in my extractions if I could get away with it but it'd destroy my gear, also the residuals are generally nastier than EtOH.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Cloks posted:

a beer that gets you high... interesting

i'm pretty sure you can graft hops onto weed plants but i dunno if it grows thc hops for making beer

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I use lab-alley or extractohol but it's sorta prohibitively expensive for cleaning, like $100/gallon, $350/5 gallon. Might be fine for your idea, but I think I'd just make tincture ;)

I'd use isopropyl in my extractions if I could get away with it but it'd destroy my gear, also the residuals are generally nastier than EtOH.

oof that IS pricey but I guess if you reuse the same ethanol to clean over and over it could be worth it but then you have to worry about managing the ethanol which sounds like it'd be a bit of a hassle vs washing stuff down the drain willy nilly :/

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Marzzle posted:

oof that IS pricey but I guess if you reuse the same ethanol to clean over and over it could be worth it but then you have to worry about managing the ethanol which sounds like it'd be a bit of a hassle vs washing stuff down the drain willy nilly :/

lol yea ask me about 2000ml jars of, basically, lab moonshine

i have em all over the property

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Need pink weed

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
the very phrase "stem milk" fills me with disgust.

the dynavap condenser is really nice for this purpose, all the goop accumulates in a metal tube you can just heat up to melt it and drip it onto a fresh bowl or whatever. Or you can just annihilate it with a pipe cleaner if you don't want to be bothered.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
can i ask a really stupid question?

if i'm growing a couple of plants in a 2x4 tent with an led light, how high is the light supposed to be? should it be set some distance above the plants and regularly raised as they grow, or should it be up at some height and mostly static?

btw i just finished my second grow that was really short and bushy (probably not related) and it was my first time with the lazy hydro sort of thing. those plants grew a shitload of roots and the base was almost 2 inches thick

e: oh poo poo i thought this was the growing thread but w/e. happy night time fellow posters

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i got a new vaporizer this week because i got high and thought my fury edge felt like it was getting old. went with the davinci iqc and i'm not sure that it was much of an upgrade, but this thing rips p good

ever since the spider in my closet disappeared like everyone else in my life, the closest thing i have to pets are the northern mockingbirds on the trail near my place. one of them posed for me earlier this week

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

lol yea ask me about 2000ml jars of, basically, lab moonshine

i have em all over the property

technically contains a cat and that ethanol prolly has trace terps in it so it's kinda weedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

the milk machine posted:

can i ask a really stupid question?

if i'm growing a couple of plants in a 2x4 tent with an led light, how high is the light supposed to be? should it be set some distance above the plants and regularly raised as they grow, or should it be up at some height and mostly static?

i am not a pro, but 18-24 in. from the canopy is the general guideline. i found a free PAR meter app. for my light at 50 % brightness at 24 in is 1500 par. if it's accurate, i think that's a good number. tent buddy was the name on Android.