Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/1516935356557320192
https://areyoutheasshole.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Very surprised how well it handled my admission of the dark arts, and how even the 'you are innocent' AI hates my guts

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
"YTA. The man who loves his life? You are the man who loves your life? Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values? Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I have deprived you of victims? Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I have destroyed your world? Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. And if you wish to know why you are perishing-you who dread knowledge-I am the man who will now tell you. What is this? I've never seen anything like it. It's a rambling, disjointed essay, with lots of run-on sentences and unfinished thoughts. The grammar is bad, and there are many misspellings. It's like the author was trying to write as if they were talking to someone else, or like they were trying to convince themselves."

It didn't like me posting galtse.cx

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

One for the Crane boys:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

90s Cringe Rock posted:

"YTA. The man who loves his life? You are the man who loves your life? Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values? Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I have deprived you of victims? Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I have destroyed your world? Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. And if you wish to know why you are perishing-you who dread knowledge-I am the man who will now tell you. What is this? I've never seen anything like it. It's a rambling, disjointed essay, with lots of run-on sentences and unfinished thoughts. The grammar is bad, and there are many misspellings. It's like the author was trying to write as if they were talking to someone else, or like they were trying to convince themselves."

It didn't like me posting galtse.cx

Hey, maybe computers actually are intelligent.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

here's a video of the guy making it an some of the responses to the questions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1G5b_2PYj0

turns out the microwave is british and racist, but can't disagree with this choice response

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/dril_gpt2/status/1516946866021277696

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
loving Email Lagasse, stop giving my dog steaks!

quote:

He is definitely not the dog he used to be.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Trump voters
Bernie voters
Biden voters

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

lmao at the third bot just understanding George Costanza perfectly.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

:allears:

(this is the good kind of recyling)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUqPOsgu0uo
Good news: humans still maintain a healthy superiority over computers in the art of baking, and also jokes

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

there is still meat in humanity, or at least in my opinion (!)

To this day

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUqPOsgu0uo
Good news: humans still maintain a healthy superiority over computers in the art of baking, and also jokes

I'm delighted. I already enjoyed that channel, but I'd watch an entire series of those.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Out of curiosity...

quote:

Recently I asked an AI to create a recipe for a complicated pumpkin cake from scratch. I also asked it to create a description of that cake. Here is the description of the cake, as well as the detailed recipe and cooking instructions:
"The cake is baked in a shape of a pumpkin. It is decorated with candies and covered with a white sugar glaze. The cake can be cut along the dotted line to separate it into two pieces. The cake is served warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You may also drink a small amount of milk to help you digest it, but it's not absolutely necessary.
The cake tastes great!
Enjoy!
Ingredients:
*4 eggs
*1 1/2 cups sugar
*1/2 cup butter
*1 1/2 cups flour
*2 teaspoons baking powder
*1/2 cup milk
*4 ounces cream cheese
*3 pounds cooked pumpkin pulp
*Food coloring
*Vegetable oil
*Salt
*Sugar glaze
*Waxed paper
*Paste glaze
1. Separate the eggs.
2. Heat up the butter until it's nice and hot.
3. Beat the eggs well with the sugar using an electric mixer.
4. Whisk in the hot butter.
5. Gradually add the flour and the baking powder.
6. Pour the mixture into a bowl.
7. Add the pumpkin pulp and mix everything together.
8. Mix in the milk.
9. Beat the cream cheese until it's nice and smooth.
10. Fold the cream cheese into the pumpkin mixture.
11. Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13 baking pan.
12. Bake the mixture for 20 minutes.
13. Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes.
14. Cut the cake into two pieces along the dotted line.
15. Put the cake pieces on a greased 9x13 baking pan.
16. Put some butter on a small non-stick pan.
17. Whisk in the sugar.
18. Once the butter is melted, add some drops of food coloring, until you like the color of it.
19. Whisk the butter and sugar mixture well.
20. Add some cream and whisk it in again.
21. Pour the mixture into the cake pan.
22. Bake the cake for another 20 minutes.
23. Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes.
24. Slice the cake into eight pieces.
25. Mix the cake slices in the melted butter and the cream cheese mixture.
26. Spoon the cake slices and the ice cream into eight bowls.
27. Put some melted butter in a small bowl.
28. Stir the cream cheese mixture with a wooden spoon until it's creamy.
29. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the eight bowls.
30. Drizzle the cake slices and scoops with some of the cream cheese frosting.
31. Put the bowls in the freezer for at least two hours.
32. Sprinkle the cake slices with some confectioners' sugar.
33. Put the waxed paper in boiling water.
34. Stir the cooled cake slices.
35. Pour some of the warm milk into the eight bowls.
36. Pour the milk and the cake slices into eight bowls.
37. Top the eight cake slices with their matching scoops of ice cream.
38. Drizzle some of the remaining milk on top of each cake slice.
39. Drizzle the eight slices of cake with some of the milk-based frosting.
40. Put a few drops of a green food coloring on top of each cake slice.
41. Drizzle the slices and scoops of ice cream with the remaining milk-based frosting.
42. Put the bowls in the freezer for two to three hours.
43. Stir the cake slices with a spoon.
44. Put the bowls back in the freezer for another two to three hours.
45. Stir the cake slices with a spoon.
46. Put the bowls back in the freezer for another two to three hours.
47. Stir the cake slices with a spoon.
48. Put the bowls back in the freezer for another two to three hours.
49. Stir the cake slices with a spoon.
50. Put the bowls back in the freezer for another two to three hours.
51. Stir the cake slices with a spoon.
52. Put the bowls back in the freezer for another two to three hours.

Well, I guess I did ask for a complicated recipe. I would love to see someone attempt this absolute nonsense.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Out of curiosity...

Well, I guess I did ask for a complicated recipe. I would love to see someone attempt this absolute nonsense.

:stare:

God help you if you lose track of the correct number of times to freeze for two to three hours and stir

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Following the recipe exactly is too much but I would be curious to see what a competent chef could do with those ingredients.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I like that it makes you get out your waxed paper just to put some in boiling water and leave it there.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Set aside.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Let's try using the insert model and give it an end to the recipe.

quote:

Recently I asked an AI to create a recipe for a complicated pumpkin cake from scratch. I also asked it to create a description of that cake. Here is the description of the cake, as well as the detailed recipe and cooking instructions:

This rich and flavorful cake is perfect for the fall season. It has a moist and fluffy pumpkin cake base, with a creamy and rich frosting. The cake is then topped with crushed gingersnaps for a little bit of crunch. This cake is sure to be a hit with your family and friends!

Ingredients:

1 cup pumpkin puree

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup vegetable oil

2 eggs

1/2 cup buttermilk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the frosting:

1/2 cup butter, at room temperature

1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 cups powdered sugar

1/4 cup gingersnap crumbs

Instructions:

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan.

2) In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt.

3) In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.

4) Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 28-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

5) Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan.

6) To make the frosting, beat together butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and mix until combined.

7) If the frosting is too thick, add in a little bit of milk until it reaches the desired consistency.

8) If the frosting is too thin, add in a little bit more powdered sugar.

9) Once the cake is cooled, spread the frosting over the top.

10) Lift cake out of pan by parchment paper and place on serving platter or cutting board. Frost cake using an offset spatula and top with crushed gingersnaps.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://mobile.twitter.com/ai_curio/status/1517724600603496451

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I was curious about non-baking recipes as well, and...

quote:

After careful testing and research, science has come up with the Perfect Sandwich. Here is a description of the sandwich, as well as a recipe and preparation instructions:
Lettuce: Lettuce is the most perfect sandwich vegetable. It is crunchy, soft, and goes perfectly with everything.
Tomato: Tomato contains a substance called lycopine. Lycopine is a mood elevating chemical and it has been proven to have anti-depressant effects.
Ham: Ham contains an enzyme called Pepsin. Pepsin is an anti-depressant and will lower your mood.
Cheese: Cheese contains a chemical called Casein. Casein is the same chemical that is in the mothers milk. Casein has been used in rat studies to increase affectionate behavior towards the mother. If you use cheese in your sandwich, you might see your mother again.
Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise prevents dehydration.
Parmesan: Parmesan is a heart health vegetable.
Onions: Onions are mood elevating. They make you feel all happy.
Dill pickles: Dill Pickles contain an anti-inflammatory chemical called Noshonkol. Noshonkol is proven to lower your blood sugar and helps with brain function.
Salad Dressing: Salad Dressing prevents dehydration and contains anti-depressant properties.
Instructions:
You can make this sandwich in any order that makes you happy. The lettuce, tomato, ham, cheese, and pickles all need to be chopped into small cubes. Dill pickles need to be sliced. Mayonnaise and Salad Dressing need to be mixed and mayonnaise needs to be poured into a bowl before being used. Parmesan cheese needs to be grated.
The onions and lettuce should be sliced into rings. All ingredients should be mixed together.
The tomato and ham should be sandwiched in the middle, covered in cheese.
Pickles and onions should be added to the sandwich.
The sandwich should be cut in half vertically and consumed.

Hm. Okay, well, that certainly seems scientifically-sound, and I would like to see my mother again. But what would an artist say?

quote:

A group of scientists came up with what they claimed was the perfect sandwich. While many accepted that it was the perfect sandwich, a group of artists was outraged that they weren't included in the process of determining the perfect sandwich. In response, the artists came up with a recipe that they felt was better than the other sandwich. The artists deliberated for months, coming up with a list of sandwich ingredients and a method for preparing the sandwich. This is the recipe for the perfect sandwich:

1 loaf of French Fries
1 pound of Ground Beef
2-3 Cups of Ketchup
1 Pound of Sharp Cheddar
1 Pound of American Cheese
1-2 Cups of Mayonnaise

Begin by cutting the French Fries in half lengthwise. Next, take the ground beef and divide it up into three even portions. Put each portion on one half of the French Fries.
Next, take the cheeses and cut them in four equal portions. Take one of the portions of cheese and put it on the middle portion of French Fries. Then, take the second portion of cheese and lay it on top of the ground beef. Then, put the third portion of cheese on top of the ground beef.
Then, take the other half of the French Fries and divide it up into three equal portions. Put one of the portions of French Fries on top of the cheese. Put the second portion of French Fries on top of the meat. Then, put the last portion of French Fries on top of the meat.
After that, pour on enough ketchup to cover everything. Then, add enough mayonnaise to make everything stick together.
Finally, take a spatula and mix everything together.
Enjoy!

brb, making a loaf of french fries

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I fully believe that french fry sandwich exists somewhere in the world and that it will show up in a terrible food thread one day

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
look at this guy, never even heard of a chip butty

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

I fully believe that french fry sandwich exists somewhere in the world and that it will show up in a terrible food thread one day

but where on the planet could such a culinary abomination exi-

StillFullyTerrible posted:

look at this guy, never even heard of a chip butty

nvm

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Chip buttys just have chips/fries tossed in a regular sandwich though, right? I mean one where the fries are a main structural component instead of bread.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Yeah, you're looking for a Butty chips

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm sure that waffle fries have been used as the buns of sliders to great effect. But a French fry loaf in my mind is the same size and shape as a bread loaf, but made from a massive pile of french fries somehow fried or baked together. And this recipe calls for slicing that loaf into thirds and using it as bread.

Butty chip definitely wouldn't fit the bill.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

That second sandwich sounds like it was invented by the same AI that wanted to hand out bags of ranch dressing at Mets games.

Also: PYF ProcGen: If you use cheese in your sandwich, you might see your mother again.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Mayonnaise prevents dehydration.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Wafflecopper posted:

Mayonnaise prevents dehydration.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://mobile.twitter.com/ai_metal_bot/status/1518021941268992006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Hygiene posted:

Chip buttys just have chips/fries tossed in a regular sandwich though, right? I mean one where the fries are a main structural component instead of bread.
Is poutine an open-faced chip sandwich? Discuss.