Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
No you're imagining it. You weirdo.

Edit: that's directed at the last 140 pages in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Boris hosed a dead pig in the mouth at a downing street lockdown party.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

To be fair that wouldn't necessarily have been that unusual to him and might not have realised he was at a party

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Julio Cruz posted:

a shitload of people are against any form of immigration because they're racist as gently caress

I'm against immigration to the UK because I don't think it's humane to expect non-Brits to live there.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i mean it doesnt make any sense that a racist is against white immigration?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Racism spends massive amounts of intellectual effort not making sense.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i mean it doesnt make any sense that a racist is against white immigration?

I'd be against you immigrating to my country and I'm not even racist.*

*Joke only works if you're white, but you cosplay having a Tesla online so I'm guessing that's a safe bet.

Also it's not a joke.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

ok but post states that they are against white immigration because of their racism. which doesnt work

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

like its not important, we can just piss and punch each other instead. I'm easy.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

like its not important, we can just piss and punch each other instead. I'm easy.

:hai:

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/_sn_n/status/1516923028147478529

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A 42 year campaign by the British establishment to create a facsimile of Michael D Higgins out of Imperial Leather products.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

did they weight it for time in office and use intro and exit photos?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i think thats bullshit

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

how many even had glasses?

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

That reminds me, a rewatch of Total Recall is well overdue.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just listened to the latest Trashfuture and am pretty sure that not only did praxiscast do AI Starmer first, Riley was on an episode while they were still doing it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Barry Foster posted:

646 dead of covid today, nobody gives a poo poo

Society fucken frightens me, man

It rules. I had to go to the supermarket yesterday. Bare in mind that in Scotland only ended the mask mandate on Monday but the windows were shut & at least half the people were not wearing a mask. Just great stuff, real brain geniuses. But then when the official guidance is "you don't have to wear a mask any more (but you probably should)" people only hear the first part.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Once a significant proportion of people stop wearing masks the value of the remainder of people wearing masks goes right down. Masks are really to protect other people, aside from N95s and the like.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Just listened to the latest Trashfuture and am pretty sure that not only did praxiscast do AI Starmer first, Riley was on an episode while they were still doing it.

It’s a bad show, op

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

keep punching joe posted:

Saw that the suspected Liz Truss leadership campaign web domain was up for sale and made an inquiry. Anyone want to chip in?

Could be someone wanting to cash in on the Jubilee too.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

^^^ truss though?

Flayer posted:

Masks are really to protect other people, aside from N95s and the like.

Its not like an n95 is much different from anything else. I got some FFP2 ones and I can't believe they're substantially any better than the big thick homemade thing I was wearing a lot previously.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

^^^ truss though?

Its not like an n95 is much different from anything else. I got some FFP2 ones and I can't believe they're substantially any better than the big thick homemade thing I was wearing a lot previously.

And I can’t believe it’s not butter, but it isn’t

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

NotJustANumber99 posted:

^^^ truss though?

Ah my brain auto-corrected to trust lol

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Sometimes you have to squat the typos.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Flayer posted:

Once a significant proportion of people stop wearing masks the value of the remainder of people wearing masks goes right down. Masks are really to protect other people, aside from N95s and the like.

which is why everyone who still values their long term health should be wearing N95s, yeah

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

in liz, wet russ

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jakabite posted:

And I can’t believe it’s not butter, but it isn’t

It's just standardisation or certification or whatever though isn't it. If someone turned up with a big slab of yellow stuff it probably is butter but without the wrapper you'll never know for sure.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It's just standardisation or certification or whatever though isn't it. If someone turned up with a big slab of yellow stuff it probably is butter but without the wrapper you'll never know for sure.

what

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
And if you're not wearing an N95 at this point in underventilated crowded areas, you don't value your own life and I won't feel bad for you if you die of COVID

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

And if you're not wearing an N95 at this point in underventilated crowded areas, you don't value your own life and I won't feel bad for you if you die of COVID

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Good thing that as a fully jabbed person in my 20s, me dying of covid is about as likely as a sudden heart attack, that's not really a concern. Will suck for a few weeks if I get it, but not the end of the world.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Good thing that as a fully jabbed person in my 20s, me dying of covid is about as likely as a sudden heart attack, that's not really a concern. Will suck for a few weeks if I get it, but not the end of the world.

Sucking at 4 weeks and counting, and not in the good way :(

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Go kiss your nan.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Don't gauge risks based purely on a binary live/survive metric, or be under the false belief that you'll 'get over it'. The Long Covid support groups are full of people in their 20's who are completely hosed up 18 months or more after infection. There are parents in that group with children under the age of 10 who are also extremely hosed with Long Covid.

Many of us consider 'surviving' as being the lovely end of the stick, as a lot of us are struggling to just exist every day. Life hasn't been fun for a long time for me (2 years with Long Covid)

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Yeah like Covid really is a lottery, it can gently caress up healthy people in their 20s, and be totally asymptomatic in a diabetic pensioner. Like sure your chances of dying are slim but on the other hand you could also be maimed for life/have constant brain fog/permanently lose your sense of smell.

Gonna continue trying to avoid getting it until we know more, have an actual cure.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Nothingtoseehere posted:

you have somewhere between a 10 and 30% chance of contracting long covid, which could last months, could last years, could be forever. There's evidence that even a mild infection does about the same amount of damage to brain as aging ten years. Here's a quote:

quote:

"Overall, they identified a 33-fold increase in the risk of pulmonary embolism, a fivefold increase in the risk of DVT and an almost twofold increase in the risk of bleeding in the 30 days after infection. People remained at increased risk of pulmonary embolism for six months after becoming infected, and for two and three months for bleeding and DVT.
Although the risks were highest in patients with more severe illness, even those with mild Covid had a threefold increased risk of DVT and a sevenfold increased risk of pulmonary embolism. No increased risk of bleeding was found in those who experienced mild infections."

I could go on, but overall the evidence is clear that covid has a very decent likelihood of causing all kinds of occult damage, even in mild cases, even in asymptomatic ones, and if you're rolling that particular set of dice every couple of months, as is the government plan, then you are basically guaranteed to eventually wind up with some sort of permanent damage. The idea that the only two bad outcomes are hospitalisation or death is based either in ignorance or, frankly, nihilism.

This is supposed to be a thread for some of the few people on this accursed island who actually fuckin' think every so often. I urge you to think.

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Apr 22, 2022

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

@goddamnedtwisto - you've talked a lot about walking tours before. It might be worth speaking with these people from the point of view of providing content: https://www.tourmeric.com/? I could possibly set up an intro if needed - we know some people in common.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Even without the crippling Long Covid, I don’t see how people have the time to feel hosed for a good few weeks and it not be a big deal. The country won’t function for long with people feeling too lovely to go about their lives at full capacity, even if they think it’s broadly ok on an a individual level.

That said, the idea that my brain is going to be mushed for a good long time, even at a slight level, is starting to freak me out a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The silver lining of Long Covid is it looks like people are finally starting to take post-viral fatigue a bit more seriously, rather than writing the whole thing off as malingering.

hosed up that it took a mismanaged pandemic to do what a bit of compassion ought to have been able to do but thatcherism dot docx