Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol if you are out here saying the cia cant program a destroyed brain to kill when you got perfect sleepers like lois lang killing fmr cia money launderer nicholas deak, anthony comello gunning down francisco cali, jerome johnson nearly getting columbo at the columbus circle rally, sirhan in the pantry etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Yeah im not about to argue but my questions are not about the depth of those possibilities like to me you can obviously do that to people. Cults, sadists, and dummies do it all the time for stakes far lower than centralizing the power of a nation lol

I mostly wonder what else they figured out because i suspect it's the tip of a freaky rear end iceberg and i wanna know its shape and composition

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

skipmyseashells posted:

there’s so many Nanking denial accounts on Twitter, it’s all you get when you put in ‘iris chang’ or ‘nanking’

Wait why is the CIA harassing a scholar on the rape of nanking? is there a japanese nationalist faction at langley?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Shear Modulus posted:

Wait why is the CIA harassing a scholar on the rape of nanking? is there a japanese nationalist faction at langley?

lol, let's think about the entire history of japan post WWII

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

ok yeah Japan is a cia front country but also the CIA isn't driving eli wiesel to suicide

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

thats because weisel is a pedo who assaulted a teen girl

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

[Elie Wiesel] was a founding board member of the New York Human Rights Foundation and remained active in it throughout his life.

quote:

The Human Rights Foundation (HRF) is a non-profit organization that focuses on promoting and protecting human rights globally, with an emphasis on closed societies.[1] HRF organizes the Oslo Freedom Forum. The Human Rights Foundation was founded in 2005 by Thor Halvorssen Mendoza, a Venezuelan film producer and human rights advocate. The current chairman is Russian chess grandmaster Garry Kasparov, and Javier El-Hage is the current chief legal officer. The foundation's head office is in the Empire State Building in New York City.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Shear Modulus posted:

lol

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shear Modulus posted:

lmfao

don’t you think talk of those nightmarish atrocities would look a little bad when the US is backing japan to the hilt and refusing to prosecute war criminals while denouncing Chinese communists

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

thats because weisel is a pedo who assaulted a teen girl

oh i didn't know he was cia himself

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
maybe herself? sia never shows her face...

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
https://twitter.com/GraduatedBen/status/1516851257381642244

https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/status/1516947217126506498

No idea of the veracity but I've seen a couple of threads on this now, dozens of food processing facilities blowing up/burning down/having planes crash into them in a span of a couple months?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
this war on processed food has got to stop I want to eat garbage!!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

eco fash yall

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

moller posted:

No idea of the veracity but I've seen a couple of threads on this now, dozens of food processing facilities blowing up/burning down/having planes crash into them in a span of a couple months?

uncontrolled famine and plague is the elites’ response to dissent and climate change

just culling the herd a little

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

moller posted:

lol, and furthermore, lmao

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I can timeline what's next but it's all about slowly choking out the designated outgroups and slimming down the bottom of the pyramid while preserving the top as-is. Doing this is easy now that everything economy is globalized and the system is in the hands of just a few groups of moribund capitalists looking to transition to a more traditional/old school model of governance

it'll be done in a way where it can be blamed on systemic failures that "nothing can be done about" so that there is nobody you can credibly blame and we are the lobster and this is the pot of water being slowly turned up to a boil and the whistle you hear is the more aware segment of the doomed population going "lol lmao"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

moller posted:

thanks putin

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

dear god they took out the hot pockets plant? those bastards

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Shear Modulus posted:

dear god they took out the hot pockets plant? those bastards

I sigh deeply as I unsheathe my Jim Gaffigan canesword

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

thanks putin

honestly my first thought it all these places have been a massive OSHA hazard for decades and it's all caught up as they scramble to make production skyrocket to cash in on the current food prices.

Anything inside of TX/KS or the other fire red hellholes it's probably a weekly occurrence.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

probably has nothing to do with the FDA also burning to the ground

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

knee jerk reaction... lmao

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Yeah the writing in her book makes it extra :kiss:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Riot Bimbo posted:

I can timeline what's next but it's all about slowly choking out the designated outgroups and slimming down the bottom of the pyramid while preserving the top as-is. Doing this is easy now that everything economy is globalized and the system is in the hands of just a few groups of moribund capitalists looking to transition to a more traditional/old school model of governance

it'll be done in a way where it can be blamed on systemic failures that "nothing can be done about" so that there is nobody you can credibly blame and we are the lobster and this is the pot of water being slowly turned up to a boil and the whistle you hear is the more aware segment of the doomed population going "lol lmao"

i agree with your prediction. i think it'll be done that way because it's essentially true, though: it's cybernetic capitalism doing what it does in acting to preserve its stability by any means, but the only way it can do that in the face of covid and escalating crises of its own making is to make itself smaller and smoother, which looks like, well, that. i think it is, at least to the western bourgeois, something they can't do anything about, because "actions that might compromise Capital's stability" simply aren't things they can do; it's not in their behavioral repertoire--any member of the bourgeois that goes against this necessary programme will find themselves removed from the levers of power, which drives a slimming at the top as well. so much like the late western roman empire saw its productive forces recede as the empire's ruling ideology failed to keep up with their scale, the result of this smoothing process will be Capital receding back behind national borders as the global control systems continue to break down, and this sets the stage for the coming resource wars, which U/R is probably the first instance of, much like syria was arguably the first climate war. the collapse is slow, because societies are just unbelievably huge things. it's not going to be pleasant to live through from an individual pov. at the same time, I think this is the most vulnerable Capital has been in generations. the bourgeois are not in control.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Crime on a Dime posted:

:siren: Nathan Baca 👑 :siren:
Not a playlist but start here and you'll find your way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1JPZuRVqUM

Thanks, finally get to watch it to the end and it rules

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Zodium posted:

yeah, that's basically my read. the outcome of every 'interesting' mkultra experiment seems to have been little more than driving the subjects past their breaking points. none of the projects achieved any results that a bog standard sex cult couldn't accomplish.

bog standard sex cult would be a good username

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Actually the sex cult division of the cia has gotten a lot of sway in dc......

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

Zodium posted:

yeah, that's basically my read. the outcome of every 'interesting' mkultra experiment seems to have been little more than driving the subjects past their breaking points. none of the projects achieved any results that a bog standard sex cult couldn't accomplish.
I think the most significant takeaways we have from MKULTRA are not about "what can the CIA do?" but rather "what is the CIA trying to do?" and "what is the CIA willing to do?" The answers to those questions are the standard ones for this thread: lol. lmao.

that said, the question of what they can do is still important and imo the answer is probably terrifying. There are developments in MKULTRA and NAOMI we don't know about, but probably the most significant stuff came from off-shoots or follow-ups with different names that are some comically evil mix of MKULTRA and PHOENIX, and we just have no loving idea. Like, we don't even know what to search in FOIA requests, and even if we did, a lot of it can't be found in FOIA stuff because of the privatization and out-sourcing stuff.

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse

Driftingmouse posted:

Nice try, but libsoftiktok run by a woman not a man. :smug:

Still, don't believe me, well this should explain it:

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1516600029842190340?cxt=HHwWiMC50aPshYwqAAAA

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

don't post that dumb gently caress's tweets in here, or anywhere for that matter

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

True Detective s3 spoilers. So the corrupt hidden big bad was the food processing industry. I wonder if they knew before we knew. I swear that show is often one step closer to whatever lovely conspiracy is released in the US every few years. See: S1 four years before Epstein, S2... Uhh, ok maybe my theory falls apart. Although S2 was meant to be about the occult history of the public transport system of LA and that got written out so... I don't know! I just like to think there are some weird TV writers who hear things at bad Hollywood parties and write it into their shows. Also, food processing plants burning down reminds me of PKD and RAW for some reason.[

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Driftingmouse posted:

look at me i post andy

hey gently caress you

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

so i now reflexively google jolly west + (subject) anytime i read about anything hosed up that happened in the last 100 years and i’ve been reading a lot of korean history lately.

well this is just right there on his wikipedia page

quote:

West was an officer in the United States Air Force Medical Service from 1948 to 1956, attaining the rank of major. While assigned to Lackland Air Force Base after his residency,[5] he was appointed to a panel to discover why 36 of 59 airmen captured in the Korean War had confessed or co-operated in Korean allegations of war crimes committed by the United States. Amid speculation that the airmen had been brainwashed or drugged, West came to a simpler conclusion: "What we found enabled us to rule out drugs, hypnosis or other mysterious trickery," he said. "It was just one device used to confuse, bewilder and torment our men until they were ready to confess to anything. That device was prolonged, chronic loss of sleep." The airmen avoided being court-martialed for these events as a result of West's research.[6]

He then published a paper with the title "United States Airforce prisoners of the Chinese Communist. Methods of forceful indoctrination: Observations and Interviews."[7]

lol. lmao.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I dunno Jolly, maybe they didn’t need to be brainwashed into thinking they’d done warcrimes because the US actually did heaps of warcrimes in Korea.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

re-evaluating King's JFK book and interpreting the essential ugliness of Dallas and the fundamental force of timeline preservation as a totalitarian shadow like the CIA

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Endman posted:

crack

PING

also the guy who got murdered by cops in jail because he looked a lot like another guy who probably was involved with the OKC bombing plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

How do you think we'll find out what actually happened to Epstein?