Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

he wants to win, he wants to keep winning, he wants to loving win forever and cut down anyone and anything that might suggest otherwise until he's so sick of goddamn winning he ????

he also wants to prove once and for all that he's the best swordsman, except he really doesn't like risking actually losing, which is why he manipulates every non-demiurge he can access (except, possibly, Allison) into being dependent on him, whereupon he wonders why he lacks fulfillment and validation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

YaketySass posted:

I don't know, I think that Incubus's role is largely done. We've seen the conclusion of his ethos and he can't really top the harm he's already done, narratively speaking.

idk, there's plenty to go here, imho

Incubus fighting Maya has a lot of pathos to resolve about how he perceives himself, his legitimacy as a keybearer and perhaps most importantly, his confrontation against the "gaze of the other", so to speak. He is, of course, mistaken if killing her solves those issues, but there's plenty of reason to assume that he thinks exactly that

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Also filthy-boy is filthy because water is corrosive to him or something because of black arts or some poo poo? Like a body full of black chi can't go into water because ablutions destroy it, etc. Is it explained anywhere?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

He’a garbageboy stinkman, explanation fulfilled.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

dead gay comedy forums posted:

Also filthy-boy is filthy because water is corrosive to him or something because of black arts or some poo poo? Like a body full of black chi can't go into water because ablutions destroy it, etc. Is it explained anywhere?

I assume it's because he is the most hosed up and nasty of guys

https://mobile.twitter.com/PsiHypo/status/1403406303792406533

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Bussamove posted:

He’a garbageboy stinkman, explanation fulfilled.

Yeah, you could stand Incubus under a dam sluice for days and he'd be perfectly fine yet remain a stinky nasty boy. Which is why Jag did him a favor by sheering off that dirty filthy skin.

Or did I miss him still tracking muck across the ground when he was shorn?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
He is a filthy garbage stink boi because he has a filthy garbage stink soul

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

IIRC one of the below comic texts says that Incubus practices dark blood magics; so bloodpit

Metaphorically it could be because Meti's philosophy holds that the sword is a taint and a poison, and Incubus chose to 'wallow' in swordsmanship - if the sword is a contaminant, he's setting out to be the most contaminated, and to spread the poison to others.

This could be strictly metaphorical, or it could be something he's either consciously or subconsciously aware of when choosing aesthetics; he doesn't seen like a guy who's happy in his own skin

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 22, 2022

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder what Auntie Maya's secret to longevity has been.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Noodles and alcohol.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Didn't feel like aging so just...didn't.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Incubus is going to be one of the final and central antagonists because he does, actually, understand the shape of the world he exists in.

His conclusions from that starting point are absolutely terrible, just completely corrosive and hellish, but he has understood the lesson of the Very Wise Frog: Violence is inescapable. Solomon knew it too (that's why he got an entire book), but he also couldn't accept it and handle it, and built a massive draconian empire to deal with it. I assume Jadis knows it, and I'm excited to see her answer to it, which will likely also suck! Mottom and Mammon both thought they could escape it, and then decided to face it at the end. Then they died by it. Gog... Gog is so self-centered that I honestly don't think it matters to her, she's just doing her thing. She thinks violence is exciting content that will never rebound on her, and was ok with letting Jagganoth win if she couldn't get compliments. Honestly, an impressive mindset! Totally unhesitating, also terrible.

Jagganoth, of course, responded to 'violence is inescapable' with 'ok, time to kill this entire hellish reality because that is unacceptable, and so I'm going to break time and the gods.' He seems to get pretty close, but it turns out that solving the world by doing even more violence even better doesn't really work. Zoss, meanwhile, has been trying over and over to find a solution to this hosed universe and the fact that absolute control is impossible, and has finally gone 'maybe I should try to control this less and see what happens' (hence the heirs, but especially Allison, the accidental heir).

Incubus' answer to violence being inescapable is to embrace it - there is no truth but the sword, no hope but bloody victory. You cut down everything in between you and victory and you do it again and again and again until, presumably, you eventually lose. Incubus is a child of Universal War, and he has been prepared to do anything to survive since childhood; he's got no illusions or ideals beyond what he learned from Meti: Cut first. The sword is a poison but if you're not wielding one, you get cut down.

So, that's why I think he's the most interesting antagonist, because Allison's role in this story is to 'set the stagnant blood of history flowing' - she's here to break stagnation, disrupt everything, start it moving again. Incubus has wanted that the whole time, because he doesn't think there's a solution to history or an end state. Allison has had to learn to cut, to accept impermanence and uncertainty, and still - she has to go beyond that, too, and try for something better despite Incubus being basically accurate in diagnosing the omniverse as a charnel ground where in the final accounting, there is no certainty of safety. A better world is not guaranteed, and will never be totally immune to assholes with violent power, but that doesn't mean being Incubus 2 is Allison's only option.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Grouchio posted:

KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Men would rather commit omnicide than get therapy

Is it too late to empty quote this for thread title

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder what Auntie Maya's secret to longevity has been.

She's had a bucket list with one item on it and she's crossing that off now

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Grouchio posted:

Therapy is expensive, ok?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

girl dick energy posted:

Is it too late to empty quote this for thread title
The request has yet to be fulfilled by our coward mods, so it is not.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Grouchio posted:

Royalty is a continuous quoting motion.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Grouchio posted:

The request has yet to be fulfilled by our coward mods, so it is not.

I reported the post for a thread title change like a good little Zoss's pet so at least i'm doing my part.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Didn't feel like aging so just...didn't.

I remember when I was hopeful that Dave's powers stemmed from Lookin' Good and Feelin' Fine

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
in a twist, lookin good and feelin fine was actually his limiter

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

All I'll say about Incubus is there's a reason for why whenever Abbadon needed to show off the Demiurges early on he reliably put Incubus on center stage.

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

I think that Jadis was described as one of the strongest and most terrible of the demiurges (until she got a good look at Everything), can't wait to see how she and Allison get along.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Don't Ask posted:

I think that Jadis was described as one of the strongest and most terrible of the demiurges (until she got a good look at Everything), can't wait to see how she and Allison get along.

It's worth noting that looking at Everything is what chilled out the legendarily rambunctious Aesma to the extent that angels now pray to her for forgiveness before inflicting violence.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

NEW PAGE UP https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/breaker-of-infinities-4-125/

Note that this isn't the only page in the update, like the previous one, there will be probably a few more throughout the day.

Edit: Second and final page is up: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/breaker-of-infinites-4-126/

It was all a dream!... Right? Maybe?

But her arm and I think her eye is back... And her hair is really long again... What does that mean?

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 22, 2022

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rotten Red Rod posted:

NEW PAGE UP https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/breaker-of-infinities-4-125/

Note that this isn't the only page in the update, like the previous one, there will be probably a few more throughout the day.

Edit: Second and final page is up: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/breaker-of-infinites-4-126/

It was all a dream!... Right? Maybe?

But her arm and I think her eye is back... And her hair is really long again... What does that mean?

My money's on it being a benevolent mind trip to soothe and heal her mental wounds as well as her physical ones if Jadis is a healer.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I think I trust Jadis. She has a kind smile.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My money's on it being a benevolent mind trip to soothe and heal her mental wounds as well as her physical ones if Jadis is a healer.

Definitely this, since Allison's also not buff. We're in a mindscape.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Her physique is also looking a lot daintier now. So long, gains...

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Patreon preview also up https://www.patreon.com/killsixbilliondemons/posts

Back to the the current page discussion, her facial scars are also gone...!

This is odd, are we never going to actually get rad Alison from the Book 5 cover?

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 22, 2022

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I'm sure this was plotted out beforehand, but drawing this stuff after the bullshit Operant's been through recently has got to be weird

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm not the only one who finds Jadis' mouth to be weird right?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Xand_Man posted:

I'm sure this was plotted out beforehand, but drawing this stuff after the bullshit Operant's been through recently has got to be weird

Yeah, I had a similar thought when I saw the shot of her in a tubed-up hospitalized state. Maybe the events were long-planned, but the medical focus of their depiction might come from a more recent experience.

Anyway maybe Allison's not buff anymore because her muscles have atrophied from being in a year-long coma or whatever.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Allison’s been out of it for a looooong time if that hair’s any indicator, whether this is a mind-palace or real life

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's this. She's clearly in a mindscape right now to shield her from the horror of her current physical state.

This is also why Jadis looks like a normal woman, mostly.

Soup du Jour posted:

Allison’s been out of it for a looooong time if that hair’s any indicator, whether this is a mind-palace or real life

I feel pretty confident it's her internal self-image and isn't indicative of anything.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Guys guys it's only a dream in which Allison witnesses Jadis' original human form.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

There Bias Two posted:

It's this. She's clearly in a mindscape right now to shield her from the horror of her current physical state.

This is also why Jadis looks like a normal woman, mostly.

I feel pretty confident it's her internal self-image and isn't indicative of anything.

Nothing "clearly" about it. Speculation's great and all but none of us know for sure what's happening yet.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Maybe she's been convalescent long enough to have long hair and atrophied muscles. And maybe Jadis has advanced enough magitek to replace lost body parts.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Thundarr posted:

Definitely this, since Allison's also not buff. We're in a mindscape.

Yeah, they're in somebody's head. But is Jadis in Allison's head, or the other way around?

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
I decided to support Abaddon on Patreon. I do own physical books, but the dude has been through enough poo poo that I felt tossing a few bucks his way every month is the least I could do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I thought at first that the frail arm was because it was recently grown back or something and its just been a good long while, but yeah thinking about it it feels like a mindscape is more likely because it looks like her other limb is the same way?