Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

not much just posting about posters posting about posters posting posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
in Canada it's spelled pousts

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Rime, curious besides posting what populist politicians plans, what your solution(s) would be?

Also I genuinely think a toxx is in order for boasting the strength of pierre poilievre's chances and policies. That is, unless you're just shitposting without any conviction.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

RealityWarCriminal posted:

in Canada it's spelled pousts

he throusts his fistes against the pousts and still insists he seese the houly gouste

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Isizzlehorn posted:

Rime, curious besides posting what populist politicians plans, what your solution(s) would be?

Also I genuinely think a toxx is in order for boasting the strength of pierre poilievre's chances and policies. That is, unless you're just shitposting without any conviction.

do you work for csis

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Why won't you people learn. The worst things are guaranteed.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i don’t think toxxes are a thing anymore beyond self enforcement

anyway i love hearing more about how i have to listen and love the people who hate me so that they stop hating me

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
It seems to me like some doomer types get mad if anyone else wants to talk about potential solutions to an issue, however unlikely, or celebrate small gains that improve society. We will never have a perfect utopia, so we should just give up altogether. Lib-NDP didn't immediately nationalize all dental care, so if you're excited to get your teeth fixed in a couple years, you're a neolib class traitor. Upset you'll never afford a house and can barely make rent? If you're not unhoused or living in a van, you're a neolib class traitor. There's being realistic about the state of this hell world, then there's constantly being a miserable pessimist who has to drag others down, even when those people are already drowning in the exact same poo poo as you are.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
We're getting dental care right after we get voting reform which was a notable part of the Liberals campaign last year.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's not pessimistic to call spades spades. The treadmill of hopeful policy improvement ain't turning into open road this time

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

run on sentience posted:

It seems to me like some doomer types get mad if anyone else wants to talk about potential solutions to an issue, however unlikely, or celebrate small gains that improve society. We will never have a perfect utopia, so we should just give up altogether. Lib-NDP didn't immediately nationalize all dental care, so if you're excited to get your teeth fixed in a couple years, you're a neolib class traitor. Upset you'll never afford a house and can barely make rent? If you're not unhoused or living in a van, you're a neolib class traitor. There's being realistic about the state of this hell world, then there's constantly being a miserable pessimist who has to drag others down, even when those people are already drowning in the exact same poo poo as you are.

What small solutions are being taken for climate change that we should be accepting?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

What small solutions are being taken for climate change that we should be accepting?

volkwagon this morning made their website all characters instead of jpegs is this not enough for you???????

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

uh it's earth day today!!!!

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Slotducks posted:

volkwagon this morning made their website all characters instead of jpegs is this not enough for you???????

OK I stopped following the climate change threads because that much doom was breaking my brain.

Is this seriously a thing VW did 'to combat climate change'?

The same company that was recently fined billions for faking emissions testing?

crack ping lol lmao

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

I am old enough to remember reduce, reuse, recycle. Then they removed the two things that work.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
And the last one is actually 'Stuff it all in a shipping container and make it some third world country's problem'.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

EvilJoven posted:

OK I stopped following the climate change threads because that much doom was breaking my brain.

Is this seriously a thing VW did 'to combat climate change'?

The same company that was recently fined billions for faking emissions testing?

crack ping lol lmao

https://twitter.com/VWcanada/status/1517503740995067905

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
There's no climate solutions, only adaptation to miserable conditions. Stock up on all-dressed chips and watch the fertile plains dissolve into desert

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

oh my god I thought you were joking, lmao

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Isizzlehorn posted:

We desperately needed meaningful policy last election from the NDP or the (lol, as if) Liberals to at least pretend to address the housing crisis and income inequality in this country. Anything, at all, to make it look as if they actually give a poo poo about the majority of the population making less than mid six figures a year, who can't tap a HELOC to buy another rental property.

Instead we got Jaghmeet posting sad tik-toks from his bathtub, and the Liberals quietly blowing the TFW program wide open the moment labor achieved any kind of wage leverage for the first time in a generation. Another "tax free savings account" which even the most out of touch person I know, knows is a handout to the already wealthy, and which does nothing for the double-digit percentage of this country for whom saving a dime is a nice dream. Point out the the serious loving societal issues which the neoliberal course this country has charted for a decade has caused, is causing, and is going to cause politically if we don't abruptly change course and address them - and you get comfortable Liberal computer touchers shrugging about how it doesn't impact their lifestyles and you're vaguely racist for discussing it.

When low income people are choosing assisted suicide because they cannot find housing, guess what, there's a really big loving problem.

It doesn't matter that the Conservatives have no intention of following through on a word of it, Trump proved they just need to appeal directly to the most desperate portion of the population and they will sail into a majority. Unlike America, where there is a baked in expiry date of only two to four years, we could be stuck with them for a very long time up here. The generational failure of the comfortable, usually urban or suburban, Liberal to recognize this - and instead act as some posters have towards me for the past few pages - is how we got here. :colbert:

Rime has issued a correction as of 19:54 on Apr 22, 2022

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I'm loving died, i thought someone was making a goddamn joke

Folks it's not looking good out there unless you like small incremental progress and believe we have that timeframe

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Earth Day is better than April Fools this year. :magical:

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I don't think anything will be done about climate change until it's way too late, and it almost certainly already is. But I don't cut people down when they are happy about a major fossil fuel divestment or the resurgence of a previously endangered species or something. Those people are also perfectly aware that in the grand scheme of things it doesn't make a huge difference. Antagonizing them for enjoying a small victory serves no purpose other than to hurt them so you can feel better about your own miserable self. If things are completely hopeless, then it shouldn't matter if some people still choose to work toward better, however little effect they might have.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

amazing. they’re also hiding any comments they don’t like lol

Rime posted:

instead act as some posters have towards me for the past few pages - is how we got here. :colbert:

hahahaah

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

his lack of self awareness is actually remarkable lmao

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Rime posted:

We desperately needed meaningful policy last election from the NDP or the (lol, as if) Liberals to at least pretend to address the housing crisis and income inequality in this country. Anything, at all, to make it look as if they actually give a poo poo about the majority of the population making less than mid six figures a year, who can't tap a HELOC to buy another rental property.

Instead we got Jaghmeet posting sad tik-toks from his bathtub, and the Liberals quietly blowing the TFW program wide open the moment labor achieved any kind of wage leverage for the first time in a generation. Another "tax free savings account" which even the most out of touch person I know, knows is a handout to the already wealthy, and which does nothing for the double-digit percentage of this country for whom saving a dime is a nice dream. Point out the the serious loving societal issues which the neoliberal course this country has charted for a decade has caused, is causing, and is going to cause politically if we don't abruptly change course and address them - and you get comfortable Liberal computer touchers shrugging about how it doesn't impact their lifestyles and you're vaguely racist for discussing it.

When low income people are choosing assisted suicide because they cannot find housing, guess what, there's a really big loving problem.

It doesn't matter that the Conservatives have no intention of following through on a word of it, Trump proved they just need to appeal directly to the most desperate portion of the population and they will sail into a majority. Unlike America, where there is a baked in expiry date of only two to four years, we could be stuck with them for a very long time up here. The generational failure of the comfortable, usually urban or suburban, Liberal to recognize this - and instead act as some posters have towards me for the past few pages - is how we got here. :colbert:

You're retreading how we got here and throwing your hands up that neocons will inevitably win because of Canadian seesaw politics. Instead of the same diatribe, given you assume neocon politics wins next, what policies of theirs do you see implemented and in favor of? Any solutions to issues do you see need tweaking?

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Isizzlehorn posted:

You're retreading how we got here and throwing your hands up that neocons will inevitably win because of Canadian seesaw politics. Instead of the same diatribe, given you assume neocon politics wins next, what policies of theirs do you see implemented and in favor of? Any solutions to issues do you see need tweaking?

I don't see any of their currently advertised policies being implemented, beyond those which will be used to slash social programs to the bone carte-blanche under the guise of "small government" and result in considerably worse suffering than is currently experienced for the most vulnerable members of our society.

You seem to be misunderstanding my position as thinking the Conservatives winning is a good thing, or in any way beneficial to the country.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

it's ~symbolic~! symbolism is very important! i love symbolism! in fact, symbolism is about the only thing neoliberalism has successfully delivered to me! hmm, delicious symbolism, can't get enough of the stuff!

you people are being unreasonable and asking for the impossible

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
can't we find some creative way around the catholic schools constitution thing? can we insert the word "catholic" into the official title of all departments of education so technically they're all catholic schools? can we make a catholic church of canada that exists in name only and has a budget of $0 but on paper it runs schools? can the governor general be made the head of the "catholic" "church" of "canada"?

tired of all this throwing up our hands at the words "constitutional amendment", let's put our thinking caps on people

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

run on sentience posted:

I don't think anything will be done about climate change until it's way too late, and it almost certainly already is. But I don't cut people down when they are happy about a major fossil fuel divestment or the resurgence of a previously endangered species or something. Those people are also perfectly aware that in the grand scheme of things it doesn't make a huge difference. Antagonizing them for enjoying a small victory serves no purpose other than to hurt them so you can feel better about your own miserable self. If things are completely hopeless, then it shouldn't matter if some people still choose to work toward better, however little effect they might have.

Lmao oh no! Hurt feelings while the world burns!!!

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Causing unnecessary mental distress to others who are already suffering because you don't feel they are suffering as much as you is in fact a lovely thing to do lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

pokeyman posted:

can't we find some creative way around the catholic schools constitution thing? can we insert the word "catholic" into the official title of all departments of education so technically they're all catholic schools? can we make a catholic church of canada that exists in name only and has a budget of $0 but on paper it runs schools? can the governor general be made the head of the "catholic" "church" of "canada"?

tired of all this throwing up our hands at the words "constitutional amendment", let's put our thinking caps on people

cath·o·lic
    /ˈkaTH(ə)lik/
    adjective
    including a wide variety of things; all-embracing.

Everything is catholic.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

run on sentience posted:

Causing unnecessary mental distress to others who are already suffering because you don't feel they are suffering as much as you is in fact a lovely thing to do lol

Pretending we are on a good path and scolding people who know we are not has the same effect friend

Shofixti
Nov 23, 2005

Kyaieee!

the upcoming Deutsche Bahn designed improvements to the GO network might actually increase transit mode share in the GTA so that’s one good thing at least

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

im da joker all over again. good world we live in

ben shapino has issued a correction as of 20:57 on Apr 22, 2022

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Shofixti posted:

the upcoming Deutsche Bahn designed improvements to the GO network might actually increase transit mode share in the GTA so that’s one good thing at least

Lmao

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

Shofixti posted:

No hope allowed for anything ever, silly.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Lucy will let me kick the football next election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

run on sentience posted:

No hope allowed for anything ever, silly.

Hope in one hand and piss in the other. Tell me which fills up first.