Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

dorium posted:

That men in black set was really tough to find last month. ended up going with an ebay seller that had one wrapped for $40.

Maybe I'll be able to buy the MIB individual release and then sell my best buy steelbook set for big profit!

I never sell my movies even though I probably should sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Basebf555 posted:

Maybe I'll be able to buy the MIB individual release and then sell my best buy steelbook set for big profit!

I never sell my movies even though I probably should sometimes

lol i kept waffling on that steelbook, but hated the cover even though it was cheaper on ebay than the standard boxset version.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

worms butthole guy posted:

Is there a good version of Hard Boiled out on physical media?

I have a killer and hard boiled double feature blu ray, but idk who the release is from and I'm henning trouble finding any info about it online.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Great News! Got a shipping notification for that Invisible Slipcover from Vinegar Syndrome!

Terrible News! Apparently I didn't enter a shipping address!

I sent a ridiculously formal email, asking that my billing address be used, but I've no idea what to expect. They did charge me $6 back when it was ordered, which is very real money, so hopefully that isn't a "joke."

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

pwn posted:

Great News! Got a shipping notification for that Invisible Slipcover from Vinegar Syndrome!

I sent a ridiculously formal email, asking that my billing address be used, but I've no idea what to expect. They did charge me $6 back when it was ordered, which is very real money, so hopefully that isn't a "joke."

FYI, my haul for the month arrived without the transparent slip. That particular order is listed in my profile as "partial" so we'll all get it at some point.

I did get a sweet holographic sticker though.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

pwn posted:

Either you actually did or it's fully a bit because I just got the same notification with no shipping listing included, either.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

Either you actually did or it's fully a bit because I just got the same notification with no shipping listing included, either.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I am now the proud owner of How I Won The War on bluray.

With that and Southland Tales, I have a good start on a collection of movies that absolutely kick rear end but were widely loathed on release by ignorant audiences and elitist critics. I must expand it.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Gripweed posted:

With that and Southland Tales, I have a good start on a collection of movies that absolutely kick rear end but were widely loathed on release by ignorant audiences and elitist critics. I must expand it.

I've always wondered if that's where you got your user name from.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Front:

Back:

Inside with discs:

Inside without:

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Nicer cover than the one I got with the Neo pose. This a different version than the 4K release from March?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It's the Aus/NZ version exclusive to JB Hi-Fi. I imagine the contents on the disc, other than the film, aren't all that different from what you'd get elsewhere.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Gripweed posted:

Worth noting that Kino Lorber put out a lot of Richard Lester films - The Knack and How to Get It, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, How I Won the War, The Bed-Sitting Room, Juggernaut, Cuba, Finders Keepers, and The Return of the Musketeers. I think Juggernaut went OOP recently, but the rest are available.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
It pains me to share this because I haven't been able to find a copy for myself yet and of course once I do i'm broke BUT I rather see a Goon get it...

The Wicker Man set is up on Orbit DVD for $89 & in stock

https://www.orbitdvd.com/products/the-wicker-man-limited-hard-box-edition-4-discs-region-free

worms butthole guy fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 22, 2022

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

caligulamprey posted:

quote:

Hey pwn,

Thanks for letting us know! Nothing has actually been shipped out to you yet -- we were just fulfilling some orders on the site and it'll send out an automatic email. We'll keep everyone updated soon as to what to expect with the translucent slip!

Thanks,
Evie @ VS

:confuoot:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
VS owns at customer service, I've emailed them a handful of times over the last 5 years of buying things from them, an every time I've gotten a reply, with an answer, the same day, if not within a couple of hours.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I was only wondering about that slip today, glad I’m not the only one at least mildly curious as to what it’s gonna be.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

VS owns at customer service, I've emailed them a handful of times over the last 5 years of buying things from them, an every time I've gotten a reply, with an answer, the same day, if not within a couple of hours.

Plus if you boycott them for not releasing Tammy and the T-Rex eventually they end up doing that.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
80s-era Russian War in Afghanistan gem The Beast is getting a boutique blu-ray release, which qualifies as a dream come true for me.

https://viavision.com.au/shop/the-beast-1998-imprint-collection-143/

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
the robocop 4k from arrow is incredible, especially given that I last watched it on the criterion DVD

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

HannibalBarca posted:

80s-era Russian War in Afghanistan gem The Beast is getting a boutique blu-ray release, which qualifies as a dream come true for me.

Do they have any plans to release The Warriors in an addition that doesn't contain the lovely version and doesn't cost 70 bucks AUD?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

CPL593H posted:

Do they have any plans to release The Warriors in an addition that doesn't contain the lovely version and doesn't cost 70 bucks AUD?

You can get it in NZ dollars, where it's $50.65.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

edogawa rando posted:

You can get it in NZ dollars, where it's $50.65.

lol, I don't want to pay like 60+ dollars US to have the Warriors on blu-ray as much as I love that movie. And I have no desire to own a copy of the "director's cut". I have the original DVD at least.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
DiabolikDVD just sent out a tweet saying they've "slyly" been restocking rare stuff on their site without telling anyone, and there's still stuff to be found. So if anyones looking for anything in particular, probably worth looking onthere.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

HannibalBarca posted:

Is this the first time this has been released on Blu-ray?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Is there a good online service that does 4K rentals? I do Bluray rentals from Netflix and the library but would love to check out some 4K titles

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

DiabolikDVD just sent out a tweet saying they've "slyly" been restocking rare stuff on their site without telling anyone, and there's still stuff to be found. So if anyones looking for anything in particular, probably worth looking onthere.

I've been looking through the site and so far I haven't come across many titles that are really rare. The one that stood out was A Breed Apart, this insane 80s action movie with Rutger Hauer, Powers Boothe, Kathleen Turner and Donald Pleasence, which is extremely out of print, and I had to grab that one. There are 4 left now.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

beepsandboops posted:

Is there a good online service that does 4K rentals? I do Bluray rentals from Netflix and the library but would love to check out some 4K titles

gamefly has 4k rentals, oddly enough. you might want to look into interlibrary loan from your library as well, sometimes other library systems might have the title. you could also recommend titles as purchases to your library - even if they don't buy them immediately, it helps to show that the interest is there.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

The only one I've found is the Pumpkinhead steelbook, which I guess would be cool (it's a different restoration for some reason), but I don't care about Pumpkinhead.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

PeterCat posted:

Is this the first time this has been released on Blu-ray?

As far as I know, yes.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Are there any good Japanese boutique labels or movies only available in Japan that are hard/expensive to get in the USA?

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Don Coscarelli's Kenny & Company only has a japanese blu-ray for some reason. It's really good. Basically like if Phantasm were all the scenes of him hanging out with his brother and wandering around town and the Tall Man never showed up.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Almost Blue posted:

Don Coscarelli's Kenny & Company only has a japanese blu-ray for some reason. It's really good. Basically like if Phantasm were all the scenes of him hanging out with his brother and wandering around town and the Tall Man never showed up.

this movie sounds perfect thank you

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

CPL593H posted:

Are there any good Japanese boutique labels or movies only available in Japan that are hard/expensive to get in the USA?

I think the Japanese Blu ray of Hard Boiled is the current definitive transfer.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CPL593H posted:

There are a ton of movies available in Japan that are practically impossible to get in America, but they're mostly Japanese movies

But specifically talking about non-Japanese media where the Japanese release is the superior version, the holy grail is of course

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Apr 24, 2022

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
My Japanese lighthouse boxset is pretty rad lol.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
For Miami connection fans, this just popped up in SA Mart

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000337&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

The label that made that just released another version of it which is a clear disc filled with white powder. The "cocaine" filled variant.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cursed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I seem to remember having the game of that on Game Boy Advance when I was young but I've still never seen the movie it was based on. It was 20 years ago and I don't remember if the game was any good or not. I guess the only thing that left an impression on me was the name.