Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

mediaphage posted:

ok? this is a dumb derail but op said it would be impossible to trick a dude into thinking a hen laid egg is from a store. i don't think it would be that hard and pasteurization has nothing to do with it

I just spent a few minutes looking at images of washed vs. unwashed eggs and unless I'm missing something I can't really tell the two apart. I had assumed
they would have some disgusting residue on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tjadeth posted:

AITA mods, the cowards, just deleted a post for violating the "no relationship posts" rule, where the OP went scorched-earth crazy on her boyfriend of 3 months after he dropped off his skidmarked underwear for her to wash (broke up with him over the phone while he was at work, brought the laundry to his job, told everyone who asked why they'd broken up all about it). a fine submission to the boyfriend-doesn't-wash-rear end genre, smothered in its cradle

edit: the comment section is still intact and full of redditors arguing that skidmarks are a basic fact of life and everyone gets them sometimes

:negative:

Batterypowered7 posted:

Just like when Goons come out of the woodworks to tell on themselves.

I'm still waiting for an iteration of the reddit relationships threads that matches the one from a few years back where a goon argued that it was completely normal and expected to occasionally poop yourself once you pass the age of thirty

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

mediaphage posted:

AITA for telling my brother's wife she's responsible for his health declining.

also: "30"
Prophetic to name your child after their life expectancy

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

quantumwell posted:

I just spent a few minutes looking at images of washed vs. unwashed eggs and unless I'm missing something I can't really tell the two apart. I had assumed

yeah agree

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Tjadeth posted:

AITA mods, the cowards, just deleted a post for violating the "no relationship posts" rule, where the OP went scorched-earth crazy on her boyfriend of 3 months after he dropped off his skidmarked underwear for her to wash (broke up with him over the phone while he was at work, brought the laundry to his job, told everyone who asked why they'd broken up all about it). a fine submission to the boyfriend-doesn't-wash-rear end genre, smothered in its cradle

edit: the comment section is still intact and full of redditors arguing that skidmarks are a basic fact of life and everyone gets them sometimes

well what was the URL 'cuz maybe one of the reddit caching sites preserved the post

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Mx. posted:

AITA for refusing to let my family see my son until they make a formal apology to my wife and announce it online?

Before when it was only us in a relationship everyone just wanted to keep distance. But once they heard she was pregnant all hell broke lose. My sister was the most vicious because she started telling everyone we were sleeping together before my brother passed with how “quickly” we moved on to be together.

None of it was true obviously. I never would’ve done something that awful to my own brother. There’s also the fact that we didn’t even live in the same state.

It got so ugly. Some in Mia’s family started questioning if it was true, others believed what my family was saying. My mom told me she didn’t have a son anymore for disrespecting my brother’s memory. It was so hurtful for both of us. We decided to move a couple hours away and blocked everyone to start fresh. We are happily married, our son is 3 years old and expecting our second little one.

My wife and I talked it over. We decided that we would only consider if they not only apologized to my wife but made a public announcement online and admit all the lies they made up about our “affair”.

Sounds like they got together nearly 4 years after the brother died (he moved back to town 3 years later; they started hanging out, then a few months later began to date); that doesn't sound like them "quickly" moving on. I get that family was grieving, but that's some bullshit.

quote:

My family is refusing because they’re embarrassed an ashamed of what they did and it would be too hard since everyone who’s see it still live around them. My mom says she understands what they put us through but to please not make this any harder on them when we can just make amends now. But I haven’t changed my mind. My dad keeps asking how heartless am I to want to make them humiliate themselves to all the people.

He thinks it’s beyond petty since my mom and everyone already learned their lesson and why am I trying to out her through more after losing Todd and she just wants her family back.

I'd never let these assholes back into my life. Odds are good most people on both sides of the family believe OP and Mia were loving around on Todd and will always think that unless the parents and sister come out and admit they lied. Sounds like the parents want to be the bigger party here like, "Well, we forgave them out of the goodness of our hearts," and let OP and Mia continue to get skewered for the poo poo the parents made up. Parents and sis had no problem making OP and Mia defend themselves against their absolutely horrible accusations but are too chickenshit to go through it themselves.

OP should put online (FB or whatever they use) any communications from the parents admitting they lied and refusing to tell anyone. gently caress 'em, they can out themselves and control the messaging or OP can do it for them.

Then tell them to gently caress off anyway.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Foo Diddley posted:

well what was the URL 'cuz maybe one of the reddit caching sites preserved the post

This is a skid mark classic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/iamverybadass/comments/aw02fd/hold_up_hes_got_a_gun/

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA For kicking my sister out of my house after she didn’t respect my house rules?

quote:

INFO: Me and my fiancée have a king size bed + both of us are somewhat of a germaphobe and we usually try to clean our house everyday to every two days.

Long story short, I (29M) am a corporate lawyer and my fiancée (31F) is a real estate agent and we usually get home quite late, around 7-10PM ish. My sister (23F) was kicked out from my parent’s house after she failed to pay rent for 7 months and we offered her to stay at our house for the time being. Our house rules were pretty clear, not to touch any of the drawers in mine and my fiancées room and nor to sleep in it at night as we have 2 guest rooms fully decked out and also the fact that when we come home we are pretty tired and usually want to sleep right away and also she has to clean her room and has to throw away her garbage.

For a few weeks she followed our house rules but all of a sudden one day my fiancée came home earlier then expected at 5:30 PM-ish and found my sister and her girlfriend in our bed doing the ‘devils tango’. My fiancée got enraged and kicked her girlfriend out of our house and warned her to never do it again or she would be kicked out. We thought she had learned her lesson and would never do it again but last week me and my fiancée had a function to attend to and we told my sister that we might be late. When we were traveling to the function my wife started to feel sick and we drive home immediately. When I opened the door but it was unlocked. I thought my sister had forgotten to lock it. My fiancée rushed to our room heading for the washroom but when she opened the door she found my sister and her girlfriend tangling in our bed again. She got furious, and kicked both of them out and told my sister that if she couldn’t adhere to basic decency she wouldn’t be allowed here.

The day after, I packed all of my sister’s belongings and dropped it to her girlfriend’s place. When I tried to talk to her she called me and my fiancée assholes for kicking her out and was mad at me for ‘abandoning’ her when no one was there for her.

AITA?

the unstoppable allure of the forbidden bed

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

quantumwell posted:

It depends on if the eggs are being retrieved in a timely fashion from hens that can freely move around. If your hens are kept in squalor or can't move very much they end up making GBS threads all over their own eggs. It's why the standard practice in the USA is to wash every egg as if it's been covered in poop by a caged bird.

The bigger difference is that depending on their diet, fresh eggs can taste really different as well as having much sturdier shells. Storebought eggs usually have really flimsy shells. I don't actually know if that's just due to diet or if they straight-up sandblast the things or what. But when we have a mix of fresh and storebought eggs in the fridge, it's pretty clear which is which.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Mx. posted:

AITA For kicking my sister out of my house after she didn’t respect my house rules?

Maybe they are plus-sized women who need the king-sized bed to do the devil's tango without having an accident.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

Foo Diddley posted:

oh hey, you're right, reveddit has it

https://www.reveddit.com/v/AmItheAsshole/comments/u9lbrw/aita_for_telling_everyone_exactly_why_i_left_my_ex/

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Everett False posted:

The bigger difference is that depending on their diet, fresh eggs can taste really different as well as having much sturdier shells. Storebought eggs usually have really flimsy shells. I don't actually know if that's just due to diet or if they straight-up sandblast the things or what. But when we have a mix of fresh and storebought eggs in the fridge, it's pretty clear which is which.

It's totally calcium dependent. The better quality food your chickens get, the thicker the shells are. It's even common for local owners to supplement them with calcium (or straight up smashed eggshells), and if you do that enough you can end up with some truly impressively sturdy shells.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Mx. posted:

Snort, author can't even keep the fiancée/wife detail straight.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Mx. posted:

I'll never understand how people can hear, "My sister (23F) was kicked out from my parent’s house after she failed to pay rent for 7 months" and decide "we offered her to stay at our house." Like, you have at least 7 months worth of evidence that your sister is going to screw you over. Did you think she'd suddenly be different?

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Everett False posted:

It depends on if the eggs are being retrieved in a timely fashion from hens that can freely move around. If your hens are kept in squalor or can't move very much they end up making GBS threads all over their own eggs. It's why the standard practice in the USA is to wash every egg as if it's been covered in poop by a caged bird.

Yes, it did say the "Free Range" chickens had a much better diet than the caged hens resulting in more colorful yolks, better nutrition, and stronger shells. Now I've got to find
a farmers market and test this out.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i mean dude is just gross but she really went overboard imo lol

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i've been too lazy to pick up my chickens eggs for two weeks and at this point i'm afraid of what i'm going to find

AITA for telling my wife to have realistic expectations?

quote:

Throwaway and on the mobile app.

My wife and I (30F and 34M) just had this argument and I want the internet’s opinion on if she’s setting her sights too high or not.

For the past few months, my wife has gotten really, really into Chinese tv dramas. She started one show with a friend around Christmas but she kept going and I’d say she’s watched at least 6 or 7 decently long series since then and is showing no sign of slowing down.

I have to admit I was already annoyed with this before we had this argument - she didn’t used to be really into many shows and a lot of times she was happy to watch whatever and knit at the same time. She said she liked feeling like she was getting stuff done. But since she watches the Chinese shows with English subtitles, she doesn’t do nearly as much knitting, so it feels like she’s abandoned a lot of her projects. For example, she usually knits my mom something for her birthday in March like a hat or a scarf, but she didn’t and I could see my mom was disappointed.

So because of this, when my wife told me yesterday that she wants to start learning Chinese so that she can watch more shows and get more immersed in that culture and stuff, I got really irritated. I told her that Chinese is an incredibly difficult language to learn and since she’s an adult, there’s no way she’ll ever become fluent. She’d just be wasting her time without a hope of actually getting proficient in a language that she would only use in watching tv. I told her it seemed like an unrealistic goal and a waste of time and money. She called me a jerk, told me to eff off, and didn’t give any sort of counter argument. Looking back, I think I spoke sharply but I think deep down she must also realize that it’s a stupid idea but she doesn’t want to admit it.

I should also say that my wife only speaks English, so she doesn’t even have any kind of foundation for learning a foreign language, much less one as notoriously difficult as Chinese.

AITA for wanting her to have realistic expectations for herself?

Edit - stop crapping on my mom, of course she was disappointed. My wife has always given her something handmade on her birthday, wouldn’t you be disappointed if you suddenly stopped getting thoughtful gifts?

Also, tv watching is not a hobby, it’s a passive activity. Some of y’all seriously need a life if you consider tv watching a hobby.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Good lord, team skidmark really hates that woman. One incel is trying to equate skidmarks to period spotting. I thought it
would be entertaining but it's not.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

quantumwell posted:

One incel is trying to equate skidmarks to period spotting

lol holy poo poo

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

awesome

also lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

quantumwell posted:

Good lord, team skidmark really hates that woman. One incel is trying to equate skidmarks to period spotting. I thought it
would be entertaining but it's not.

The only case for that is if you have IBS or some similar serious intestine/bowel condition where you leak out your rear end, not because you eat lovely fast food 3x a day.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Y'all acting like y'all have never left your underwear looking like a Jackson Pollock painting, smh. Perfectly normal and in fact a mark of adulthood.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
maybe someone needs to market tampons for men

call 'em bro plugs

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Do we ever find out who the politician is?

Also prom wasn't a thing in Israel, thankfully.

its a promposal something ive never seen in my life until moving to rural nc. she hates politics but has strong beliefs. its joe biden. the promposal is going to be please gently caress joe biden

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Foo Diddley posted:

maybe someone needs to market tampons for men

call 'em bro plugs

Manpons™

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

daaaamn

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

quantumwell posted:

One incel is trying to equate skidmarks to period spotting.

When I got blood stains on my underwear I washed them in the sink before putting them in the washing machine.

If you make a skidmark you should deal with the stain and not force the person you supposedly love to.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Scented suppositories. Call them Asscents.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I'm curious about what is meant by skid mark. Is it a faint brown stain or is it a 5 inch long mountain range of still moist feces?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

mediaphage posted:

man, in the comments she said they got married when she was 16 because they had sex and their christian family guilted them into it, and she ended up losing that baby.

for sure. with that said, a pasteurized egg is not going to look different, which was the implication made in the post to which i was replying

Usually eggs from backyard hens are not going to be pure white and unblemished. They also won’t probably be of uniform size.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Long term girlfriend getting too into Asian Culture

quote:

Hey Reddit, this is pretty embarrassing to share as I know it sounds ridiculous. My gf has recently (past 6 months or so) been getting really into things like anime and k-pop and it’s been starting to really bother me and effect our relationship. It has especially started to bother me how she will incorporate it into our sex life.

It was all very innocent at first, she would just watch a lot of anime. But then she starting incorporating some of that stuff into the bedroom. I know this sounds ridiculous but what makes this sooooo difficult is that it seems like she genuinely enjoys this. She will make references to Jojo (her favorite show) during foreplay, say “Pika Pika” like pikachu when I play with her boobs, or sometimes do that high pitched Asian laugh (sounds like hee hee!) during full on penetrative sex. Sometimes she’ll ask me to call her Japanese names but I don’t do it because I’m not really into that. Also she’ll ask to listen to K Pop during this. This reached a breaking point when she made a comment I really didn’t approve of. She joking said she wants my “Black” in her “pink”, a reference to the K Pop group (I’m African American btw). I laughed but it felt really weird and like my race was being fetishized.

I have brought it up before that I feel like it bothers me a little bit. Personally it feels like a weird fetish but I don’t think it’s really my place to hate on something she enjoys sexually. What should I do? Or how should I bring this up again? We’ve been dating 4 years now so I really don’t want to ruin what we have based on something so silly.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Tarkus posted:

I'm curious about what is meant by skid mark. Is it a faint brown stain or is it a 5 inch long mountain range of still moist feces?

5 inches is about right and maybe an inch across. It's mostly the result of incomplete wiping, lack of wet wipes, etc. You also sweat down there so your wiping residue can transfer to
your tighty whiteys pretty easily and spread out.. It's generally not faint and can in fact stain the fabric. Young boys are famous for skid marks. As one of my old co-workers said
if they made men's underwear brown in the back and yellow upfront he would get fewer complaints from his wife.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

quantumwell posted:

5 inches is about right and maybe an inch across. It's mostly the result of incomplete wiping, lack of wet wipes, etc. You also sweat down there so your wiping residue can transfer to
your tighty whiteys pretty easily and spread out.. It's generally not faint and can in fact stain the fabric. Young boys are famous for skid marks. As one of my old co-workers said
if they made men's underwear brown in the back and yellow upfront he would get fewer complaints from his wife.

This concludes today's TedX talk, please head into the discussion lobby to pay your $500 attendance surcharge.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Troublemaker posted:

Sounds like they got together nearly 4 years after the brother died (he moved back to town 3 years later; they started hanging out, then a few months later began to date); that doesn't sound like them "quickly" moving on. I get that family was grieving, but that's some bullshit.

I'd never let these assholes back into my life. Odds are good most people on both sides of the family believe OP and Mia were loving around on Todd and will always think that unless the parents and sister come out and admit they lied. Sounds like the parents want to be the bigger party here like, "Well, we forgave them out of the goodness of our hearts," and let OP and Mia continue to get skewered for the poo poo the parents made up. Parents and sis had no problem making OP and Mia defend themselves against their absolutely horrible accusations but are too chickenshit to go through it themselves.

OP should put online (FB or whatever they use) any communications from the parents admitting they lied and refusing to tell anyone. gently caress 'em, they can out themselves and control the messaging or OP can do it for them.

Then tell them to gently caress off anyway.

If it's a small enough town, print out some good old crazy fliers explaining the situation and staple them t every fence and lightpole. Sure this is scorched earth salt the fields levels, but honestly no good fruit will grow from that dump. They did that for some nazis around my town, complete with their addresses lmao.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

value-brand cereal posted:

If it's a small enough town, print out some good old crazy fliers explaining the situation and staple them t every fence and lightpole. Sure this is scorched earth salt the fields levels, but honestly no good fruit will grow from that dump. They did that for some nazis around my town, complete with their addresses lmao.

lol nice

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for excluding my ex SIL and “nephew” from our family parties after she exposed my brother?

quote:

AITA? So my brother and his ex wife separated last year and they finalized everything in their divorce recently. They have a six year old son together and I noticed my brother hasn’t really been apart of his sons life since the separation the way he used to and when I had asked him about it he said that she has full custody and that’s that.

Since our family all have kids around the same age we always throw big parties for them where we rent out a space and hire different forms of entertainment. We usually do this every summer and once during the school year. It’s always really fun and throughout the years we’ve opened it up to our kids friends as well so it’s always a huge celebration and like a mini carnival. We had to cancel the summer party this year because of a destination wedding so we are having a huge party tomorrow instead.

It came out last week that my ex SIL has a social media account where she starting posting about how her and her ex husband had to use a sperm donor because he couldn’t have kids and how that since their separation he disowned his son and doesn’t want any relationship with him anymore. My sisters friends sent her the account and she has a few thousands followers and like 10 videos talking about the process and answering peoples questions. When we asked our brother about it he already knew because someone showed him and was having multiple breakdowns because this was a sensitive subject he didn’t want anyone to know about and that she’s doing this as revenge because he’s not in his “sons” life. I was disgusted by the behavior. If my brother doesn’t want to be in his “sons” life he doesn’t have to be. To expose a secret he hadn’t even told our parents to the world was appalling.

To my complete surprise my SIL had the nerve to message me a few days ago asking for the address to the party. I called her and told her that we know about her little account and that she and her “son” have no place at our party and that she’s disgusting for even asking. She told me multiple kids in her sons grade are going and I told her that’s not my business and to lose all of our numbers. She then had the nerve to post a video about our call and multiple people in her comments have been calling me all sorts of horrible names and rear end in a top hat. I didn’t care since my entire family agrees that she or him don’t go but a student in my daughters class’ mom who must be friends with my ex SIL that’s always attended the party messaged me saying her daughter won’t be attending because of my “childish disgusting attitude” and she will be telling others the same. I’ve been sick about that ever since. AITA? She did expose my brothers deepest secret. And also this isn’t a party you can just drop off, parents are required to stay since there’s multiple events going on and we don’t want to be liable and we DONT want her there.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for excluding my ex SIL and “nephew” from our family parties after she exposed my brother?

Always a treat when the garbage people engage with the responses.

quote:

I can’t force him to be in his life and his reasonings makes sense to me. Why should he raise a child he has no biological ties to if it means dealing with a horrible woman who slept around on him? She is not a good person but if he was the biological father of course we’d call him out.

quote:

I agree with your overall point but my brother says he didn’t receive the proper education and therapy beforehand when they made the decision to use a sperm donor and that my ex SIL said they didn’t need therapy. He regrets the decision because he made it ill informed. He says that he struggled to bond and that immediately knew that what he was doing was a mistake. When my SIL filed for divorce (after multiple infidelities might I add) my brother stepped back and realized it improved his mental health. I wish he would have told us about his infertility and them wanting to use a donor because we would have told him not to or to seek therapy before. He says he felt pressured and ashamed of being infertile and she really wanted a baby. He also planned to never tell us he used a donor and have us believe he’s our biological family until my SIL went and exposed him despite paying child support.

quote:

No she didn’t but she posted her Instagram account with my brothers account tagged to a picture in one of her videos and people have been sending him horrible messages.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Evil Willow posted:

No way

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

I pretty much agree with her.

Like I have no doubt he was probably bullied into the sperm donor thing and with everything else the mother did gently caress that noise.