Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Admittedly I don't keep up with Australian politoons as well as US, but I didn't think Knight was this lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Admittedly I don't keep up with Australian politoons as well as US, but I didn't think Knight was this lovely.
Mark Knight can put out a few solid months of relatively inoffensive cartoons before he's back making international headlines once again for racism. Back last Victorian state election when the Liberal opposition were trying to run on how Melbourne was "overrun by African gangs" he was more consistently lovely.

He isn't doing anything that his paper the Herald Sun isn't editorialising though. I'm fully expecting all the News Corp cartoonists to do similar anti-trans cartoons this election, it's going to be ugly.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

I feel like I'm missing some sort of pop culture reference here. Why is the disney standin a...something, wearing a mickey mouse costume? Is it supposed to be a rat? is that the joke? Why is it tiny? Why is it staring through a...is that like a toddler gate? Why does it seem Why is the DeSantis standin ripping his shirt open?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah that too, we saw the DNC win the lawsuit accusing them of rigging primaries by arguing the question of whether they did is moot because it's their legal right as a private political party to rig primaries if they choose (also superdelegates etc), therefore if the imaginary Prickly City Libertarian Party primary winner is being decided in a stupid way that's 100% the Libertarian Party's fault in the first place

But I'm pretty sure they're referencing real law here. If an election is a tie in most states it's settled by a coin flip, drawing the highest card from a deck or drawing a name from a bowl.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/04/us/tie-elections-history-lots-coins-draws-trnd/index.html

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

I feel like I'm missing some sort of pop culture reference here. Why is the disney standin a...something, wearing a mickey mouse costume? Is it supposed to be a rat? is that the joke? Why is it tiny? Why is it staring through a...is that like a toddler gate? Why does it seem Why is the DeSantis standin ripping his shirt open?
That's just Mickey Mouse drawn kinda rat like. Why would it be a costume? He's small because Mickey's always small when compared to humans in his cartoons. The toddler gate is prison cell bars, not sure why the roof wasn't drawn. DeSantis is mimicing superman. None of it is terribly complicated.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I'm not mad, and you're not allowed to tell people I'm mad. -Mike Lester.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Terrible Opinions posted:

That's just Mickey Mouse drawn kinda rat like. Why would it be a costume? He's small because Mickey's always small when compared to humans in his cartoons. The toddler gate is prison cell bars, not sure why the roof wasn't drawn. DeSantis is mimicing superman. None of it is terribly complicated.

That's like five different metaphors. Why is rat-mickey's face a different color from the rest of his head? Why is mickey in prison? There's nothing remotely like imprisonment involved.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Charlz Guybon posted:

But I'm pretty sure they're referencing real law here. If an election is a tie in most states it's settled by a coin flip, drawing the highest card from a deck or drawing a name from a bowl.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/04/us/tie-elections-history-lots-coins-draws-trnd/index.html

Forget elections, politics is now decided by Yugioh duels.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
lol, this sucks rear end

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I know political cartooning has no standards and no low that someone won't sink to, but making cartoons specifically to argue with random people in the gocomics comment section is its own category of pathetic

Looking forward to a couple years' time when Leunig has descended even further into nonsense and is just drawing abstract shapes with ungrammatical word salad. Handlebar monoxide, says the circle. Put in how the beauty, summer break open, says what might be a tree. Political cartoon of the year.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Angepain posted:

I know political cartooning has no standards and no low that someone won't sink to, but making cartoons specifically to argue with random people in the gocomics comment section is its own category of pathetic

I like how he had to change the context to this. That comment being yelled at a maskless person on a plane would be pretty unhinged, you're right; good thing it was actually said to a scumfuck cartoonist whose scrawlings in support of evil and death are on public display! That's context for ya, lester

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

That's like five different metaphors. Why is rat-mickey's face a different color from the rest of his head? Why is mickey in prison? There's nothing remotely like imprisonment involved.
Rat mickey is not important for any reason besides lack of artist skill of the artist not liking Disney. It's just meant to show government force being used not literal imprisonment.

DeSantis harms Disney corporate as dumb publicity stunt despite Disney being materially aligned with Republicans. Therefore comic about Mickey feeling betrayed when comic DeSantis does the same. that is the extent of the metaphor.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Jeez. The only thing saving this from a worst overall nom from me is that in contrast with every other part of the cartoon, desantis's hair is spot on.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Walt Handelsman

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Kevin Necessary

Henry Payne

Rob Rogers

Drew Sheneman

Dana Summers

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Sex, Lies, and Censorship: The Mainstream media continue trying to ignore the Hunter Biden laptop Joe Biden Corruption connection.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've gotta say, Jesus With Missile Launcher telling everybody that Easter is on hold until he kills enough people is deeply psychotic in the most exactly perfect way to represent lot of evangelicals I've known

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

People are saying it, more and more people, just the other day someone came up to me and said "Sir, Trump is running the GOP..."

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

the galaxy is on desantis' belt

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Mickey is a pest that ruins our grain we stored this season so we need DeSantis to get the problem under control before we starve this winter even if it does seem cruel?

A Utilitarian Cartoon

I mean I get what Bennett is going for, but using a realistically drawn cat catching a cartoon mouse as a metaphor for bad thing happened is kind of silly when that was what cats were originally bred for.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Angepain posted:

Looking forward to a couple years' time when Leunig has descended even further into nonsense and is just drawing abstract shapes with ungrammatical word salad. Handlebar monoxide, says the circle. Put in how the beauty, summer break open, says what might be a tree. Political cartoon of the year.
What do you mean "descend" this is what Leunig has always been.

Here is a Leunig cartoon from 1970:

The biggest political statement of every Leunig is somehow the papers are still paying him to print this stuff.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Musk had a meltdown at those people who rescued those kids in that cave a few years ago when they didn’t take his stupid sub device into consideration, and he accused them of being pedophiles.

If he owned twitter, his free speech bromides would vanish the second he sees serious criticism or his employees use twitter to organize.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

It's this one, this is the funniest Elon Musk buying Twitter stock cartoon.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

It's aggressively dumb. nice work Skelly, staying true to your nature.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Angepain posted:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

loving perfect.

Kellies Nomination: Best Parody/Edit

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

:perfect:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:discourse:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Oh my loving god, magnificent

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Amazing! Nominate this and give it the award.

Charlie Hebdo

Voting Marine is voting Putin
"Just borrowed." I don't know why Putin is necessarily a pig.

Le Monde

22/4

"My candidate!" (apparently, all the candidate posters, Macron or Le Pen, are being continuously defaced, proof that everyone sucks in this election.)
by Micaël presumably from France

Assange on the cusp of extradition
by Amorim from Brazil

by Fabrice Erre presumably French
Reading from Left to Right:
"...and it was all the fights fo citizenship and liberty that give great import to this act I'm about to make..."
"Go on then!"
"What's the hold-up?"
"Oh no! A Social Studies teacher!

I don't often post this guy's stuff because it's wordy, but if I try to post more regularly, which is less content per post, it shouldn't be too bad. (I say this on the verge of a 3 week holiday so I'll be gone in between of course.)

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson and the privilege committee’s inquiry on Partygate – Boris Johnson says he will still be prime minister in October as Partygate overshadows India trip"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson to face investigation into whether he misled MPs over partygate

Matt:

Five blunders caused by civil servants working from home; Netflix shares nosedive as it loses subscribers for first time in a decade

Independent:

French election: Macron in pole position, Le Pen racing hard; After Rubens.

Times:

French election 2022: Le Pen accuses Macron of arrogance in TV debate; After Rigaud.

Stephen Collins:

Saint George's Day - Wikipedia

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Goddamn. Lol

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think i might hate skelley more than any other cartoonist in here because he's not cartoonishly evil and stupid like most right wing cartoonists, he's acidly evil and stupid with forethought.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Cowcaster posted:

i think i might hate skelley more than any other cartoonist in here because he's not cartoonishly evil and stupid like most right wing cartoonists, he's acidly evil and stupid with forethought.

Agreed. He comes across also like (ironically) a snooty lovely suburban dude, the conservative version of their favorite liberal punching bag stereotype.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Someone notify Garrison and T-Rall, there's an acute need for pro-Putin propaganda posters!

https://twitter.com/mashant/status/1517903362959753217

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If NATO wins, you will be forced to become cartoonist and draw cartoons like this.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Was just watching a video on dangerous theme park rides when this memorial to the victims of an Australian ghost train fire appeared...

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

You could print this on a tea towel and no one would know the difference. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!