Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Bog is only 8 bucks on DVD on Amazon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Gripweed posted:

Bog is only 8 bucks on DVD on Amazon

You got a thing for old people kissing or something?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lister posted:

Most of those reviews are based on screeners of only the first three episodes. They front load the budgets and interesting premise on the first episodes, but then it gets worse and worse. It's a scam.

Can confirm. The first 3 episodes weren't too bad.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The first three episodes existed to bait mike into doing continuing coverage and slowly descending into madness, and served in that role perfectly. In a sense I really respect it

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
https://twitter.com/pandasandvidya/status/1517358073693802503

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
That was a great plinketto, and also Ms. Ligma's first RLM. Her unofficial power rankings (I didnt ask her she just loudly said the following while watching.

1: Jay ("the one in the middle on the left couch is the only one I can stand")

2: Almost everyone else ("every one else sucks")

3: Rich Evans ("who the gently caress is making that noise?? I want to rip his vocal chords out!)

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I must bea Boomer because I don't know who this child is.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I’m barely older than this jack quiad guy and he makes me feel as old as mike

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
im surprised they hadn’t already seen stone cold, that was an early 90’s cinemax staple.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Kingo Ligma posted:

That was a great plinketto, and also Ms. Ligma's first RLM. Her unofficial power rankings (I didnt ask her she just loudly said the following while watching.

1: Jay ("the one in the middle on the left couch is the only one I can stand")

2: Almost everyone else ("every one else sucks")

3: Rich Evans ("who the gently caress is making that noise?? I want to rip his vocal chords out!)

:sever:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Yeah Stone Cold was on constantly, and was one of the essential "turn it to channel 86 to see a scrambled boob" movies

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
this jack guys parents are meg ryan and dennis quaid. wild.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Origami Dali posted:

this jack guys parents are meg ryan and dennis quaid. wild.

Don't bring up crazy uncle Randy!

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Kingo Ligma posted:

Dude get a lawyer

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

From my other male RLM friends who have female partners it would seem Rich Evans provokes an extremely gendered response

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Beleaguered wives are a big chunk of RLM's audience.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Watching the new Picard.

Jurati killed a 2024 dude, so much for not loving up the timeline.

Raffi and Seven are the worst couple in the world. All they do is snipe at each other and fight. Raffi mostly instigates everything. I dunno why anyone would put up with her rear end. There's a flashback to her talking Elnor out of leaving Starfleet Academy, reminding us all of how lucky that actor was to get killed off early in this season and not have to have these episodes stain his soul.

They're on Jurati's trail. They catch up to her eating car parts or something to make her Borg powers stronger and she whips their asses.

Picard and Guinan got arrested by basically Fox Mulder and he's making a bunch of really really spurious connections but Picard is too old to do Lawyer Picard anymore. Q shows up and Guinan says he's dying or something. Q's all pissy about it. He still doesn't explain why he's done this.

Guinan, like, force projects herself between interrogation rooms to give Picard a message. It's very Star Wars; her nose is bleeding from the effort of it. Her message is just like ... "hey picard emotionally manipulate this sadsack X-Files loser," so he does and gets the guy to tell him about a time when he was a kid and he stumbled on some Vulcans in the woods and they mind-melded him and the experience hosed him all up. Picard and Mox Fulder are best buds now.

Mox Fulder lets them go. Also he gets fired, like, between scenes.

Rios brought that doctor and her kid onto the ship for no reason (so much for not loving up the timeline). Surely, at some point he's gonna gently caress her and become his own ancestor.

Fat Soong and robot daughter have a lot of overdramatic bullshit. She's a test tube baby or something like that, maybe without a mother I couldn't tell what they were getting at. She got a cure for her super allergies from Q so she leaves Fat Soong. Jurati shows up at Fat Soong's house. She wants to team up. They're gonna try to steal Rios' ship. Soong calls in a favor with ??? and gets a black ops team sent to his house and Jurati starts assimilating them.

1/10 stars cancel this show immediately don't even air the last two episodes

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

This is only because they didn't give a horrible review to The Boys like 3 years ago

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

No Mods No Masters posted:

Say what you will about mike s and his slow descent but he saved Friday

hey! :mad:

anyway ...

creature from the dracu lagoon

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Watching the new Picard.

Jurati killed a 2024 dude, so much for not loving up the timeline.

Raffi and Seven are the worst couple in the world. All they do is snipe at each other and fight. Raffi mostly instigates everything. I dunno why anyone would put up with her rear end. There's a flashback to her talking Elnor out of leaving Starfleet Academy, reminding us all of how lucky that actor was to get killed off early in this season and not have to have these episodes stain his soul.

They're on Jurati's trail. They catch up to her eating car parts or something to make her Borg powers stronger and she whips their asses.

Picard and Guinan got arrested by basically Fox Mulder and he's making a bunch of really really spurious connections but Picard is too old to do Lawyer Picard anymore. Q shows up and Guinan says he's dying or something. Q's all pissy about it. He still doesn't explain why he's done this.

Guinan, like, force projects herself between interrogation rooms to give Picard a message. It's very Star Wars; her nose is bleeding from the effort of it. Her message is just like ... "hey picard emotionally manipulate this sadsack X-Files loser," so he does and gets the guy to tell him about a time when he was a kid and he stumbled on some Vulcans in the woods and they mind-melded him and the experience hosed him all up. Picard and Mox Fulder are best buds now.

Mox Fulder lets them go. Also he gets fired, like, between scenes.

Rios brought that doctor and her kid onto the ship for no reason (so much for not loving up the timeline). Surely, at some point he's gonna gently caress her and become his own ancestor.

Fat Soong and robot daughter have a lot of overdramatic bullshit. She's a test tube baby or something like that, maybe without a mother I couldn't tell what they were getting at. She got a cure for her super allergies from Q so she leaves Fat Soong. Jurati shows up at Fat Soong's house. She wants to team up. They're gonna try to steal Rios' ship. Soong calls in a favor with ??? and gets a black ops team sent to his house and Jurati starts assimilating them.

1/10 stars cancel this show immediately don't even air the last two episodes

can't wait for the hack frauds to drunkenly recount this to us

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
great episode. young hot big hog jack was great and the payoff to the script joke killed me.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
the northman is definitely one of the best movies i've ever seen

i've never seen a movie convey how powerful and meaningful religion was to people when the world was so unjust and hosed up like this

does robert eggers have a loving time machine?

i'm almost speechless

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Calling vampires draculas is actually pretty common in the north east. It's one of those language quirks in different areas like saying coke, pop, or soda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBbPnAMgbus&t=406s

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The guest this week is also really good as the lead in the HBO show Barry.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

The guest this week is also really good as the lead in the HBO show Barry.

He also plays Aquaman on The Boys and Spock on Star Trek: The Animated Series.

Dude gets a lot of work.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Lister posted:

Calling vampires draculas is actually pretty common in the north east. It's one of those language quirks in different areas like saying coke, pop, or soda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBbPnAMgbus&t=406s

This does not mean that it is not a stupid thing to say, much like calling all sodas "coke" it just conveys the immense stupidity of the person speaking it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

This does not mean that it is not a stupid thing to say, much like calling all sodas "coke" it just conveys the immense stupidity of the person speaking it.

What about calling it pop?

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i also love how every eggers movie gets more and more agnostic

gonna spoil this cause nobody should read it

before the movie we were laughing at the idea that timothee chalomet should play nosferatu in the new eggers movie and that it's a different take on the character that he's so pretty that nobody can even stand to look at him, and he not only sparkles in the sunlight but the sunlight sparkles around him, and that tom holland should play his rival werepup

but after the movie we were like eggers movies are getting more and more realistic what's the most realistic nosferatu we can think of? and again it's timothee chimothee but he's a washed up twink extremely picky eater who gags trying to eat anything but cum, and now he's so emaciated and anemic that he can't convince anybody to let him s their d, so he starts drugging guys in their sleep to drink their cum, and after about 6 months of this the movie starts. he's extremely pale and hideous and can barely get around, and he's craving cum like he never has before

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Pac and Cheese posted:

what's the most realistic nosferatu we can think of? and again it's timothee chimothee but he's a washed up twink extremely picky eater who gags trying to eat anything but cum, and now he's so emaciated and anemic that he can't convince anybody to let him s their d, so he starts drugging guys in their sleep to drink their cum, and after about 6 months of this the movie starts. he's extremely pale and hideous and can barely get around, and he's craving cum like he never has before
wh

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Just saw Northman.

Holy poo poo, I had high expectations and it somehow surpassed them. Legit one of the best films ever made.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

What about calling it pop?

I mean it's fine, it's not using an extremely specific term for generic use. It does make you sound like an extra in a musical about hot rod gangs who have switchblade gangs and settle their inter gang rivalries with finger snap based dance offs. Whether that's a problem is up to you I guess.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
Holy gently caress is DUNC a terrrible adaptation, but a very pretty movie. Like hell, that poorly budgeted SyFy miniseries is better. Even Lynch's movie with a half nekkid Sting is a better adaptation. Anybody wanna buy a Bluray/DVD/digital combo? Good Lord its atrocious.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Kingo Ligma posted:

It does make you sound like an extra in a musical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnqVZaRc7Ng

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Was this song written by a goon? The meter is hosed

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

warned you bitch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

XeeD posted:

Holy gently caress is DUNC a terrrible adaptation

Pac and Cheese posted:

it's timothee chimothee but he's a washed up twink extremely picky eater who gags trying to eat anything but cum, and now he's so emaciated and anemic that he can't convince anybody to let him s their d, so he starts drugging guys in their sleep to drink their cum, and after about 6 months of this the movie starts. he's extremely pale and hideous and can barely get around, and he's craving cum like he never has before

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
you are neither worthy nor prepared

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

i'm gonna let you in on a little secret

dune the book isn't actually that good which is exactly why the 2021 movie is so good

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Better Jack is pretty good on The Boys, I'm glad he gets to work with one of the biggest names in the industry, and also Christopher Nolan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
northman was ok