Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I’m surprised they haven’t had a patch to rename half the characters in the game. Preemptive lol if the Kacey Catanazaro dlc has her real name rather the new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/newLEGACYinc/status/1516501515007148037

very excited

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Ganso Bomb posted:

Does anyone play Wrestling Empire on the Switch? Is it worth it, or is it missing any features compared to playing it on a PC?

I play it on Switch - no issues or missing features I'm aware of.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

Does anyone play Wrestling Empire on the Switch? Is it worth it, or is it missing any features compared to playing it on a PC?

I do! Dunno how much it's missing compared to PC Empire other than I assume general mod support, but I'm pretty sure it got whatever the recent free roaming mode update was.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I've decided that 2k22 is good, actually.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Wrestling Empire is the most-realistic wrestling sim out there.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So I'm trying out 2k22 again after today's patch and they still haven't fixed the biggest problem with this game, which is if you download more than a handful of CAWs the game just becomes unplayable. Every single menu takes MINUTES to load on an SSD because I can only guess the game is so badly programmed that every single time you go to any menu it has to load every single character model in the game and the more you have the more the engine dies a death. Custom titles still don't work, none of the caws you download have functional portraits.

So basically the game is better than 2k20 but the series' biggest saving grace, the custom content, is still hopelessly broken.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Drakkel posted:

So I'm trying out 2k22 again after today's patch and they still haven't fixed the biggest problem with this game, which is if you download more than a handful of CAWs the game just becomes unplayable. Every single menu takes MINUTES to load on an SSD because I can only guess the game is so badly programmed that every single time you go to any menu it has to load every single character model in the game and the more you have the more the engine dies a death. Custom titles still don't work, none of the caws you download have functional portraits.

So basically the game is better than 2k20 but the series' biggest saving grace, the custom content, is still hopelessly broken.

None of these are true for me? Portraits need to be added to downloaded CAWs for some reason, which is stupid, but I can do it without a problem. How many CAWs do you have?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I’m surprised they haven’t had a patch to rename half the characters in the game. Preemptive lol if the Kacey Catanazaro dlc has her real name rather the new one.

It will. They're not getting Graves or Cole back in the booth to re-record the commentary lines

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Gaz-L posted:

It will. They're not getting Graves or Cole back in the booth to re-record the commentary lines

Just get Jerry Lawler in there for a day to say, "Uhhh don't you mean _____, you idiot?" And stuff like that.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
NL did a stream on the Forbidden DOR yesterday (a modded version of Day of Reckoning that has a Triple Cage and Ultimate X). The entire stream is great but the "Shoot fight" between Trish Stratus, Brutus Beefcake, The Undertaker and Andre the Giant is the hardest I've laughed in a while:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1460544874?t=1h35m36s

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Hoss Corncave posted:

Is there any way to mod the menu music in the Steam version of Empire? I really dislike the rap one.

I haven't found anything related to changing music, I'd change the menu music and the themes already in the game.

The mod from this video only seems to add themes and doesn't change music, and it seems like game updates kind of mess with things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biGTU9TzWCU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I think I'm done with Wrestling Empire's career mode. You almost never start a match with full health, and when you get beat down you spend tons of time mashing trying to get up, or mashing trying to get out of holds that can last for 30 real time seconds or longer, and I have to rely on countouts to win because pinning people is hard, and I'm tired of always having to talk to the CEO of whatever company I work for and having him suggest I change a bunch of stupid poo poo. I want to play as Mike Haggar from Final Fight and not change my outfit or moveset ever because it's custom made to yeet people out of the ring.

Booker mode seems like a lot more fun because you can do amazing stupid poo poo and break the game so I'm gonna start that up today.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
In Booking mode you can be the person to tell people to change their gimmick or movesets and poo poo.

Oh, how the tables have turned.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Anyone playing the NJPW game on iOS (maybe Android too)?

It’s a training simulator with gatcha mechanics. Full of videos and some crazy stuff like building stats by making sweets with Makabe.

The matches are automatically generated by your stats and have full video entrances (I mark out to it) and the moves are all video of your wrestler doing them. Almost has a pachinko feel because you just passively sit there and watch it play out.

Not sure I’d consider it much of a game but it’s unique. Has an English translation so I imagine it’s a worldwide release. Japanese App Store link.

I keep trying to post images but it stalls so I gave up.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer
Oh there's my account password.

Anyways, been playing a lot of Wrestling Empire on the Switch for the last year and recently transferred that enjoyment over to the Steam version, where I've been doing the cherished tradition of editing rosters to make them friends from Twitch, Discord, Twitter, etc. because I'm just not confident with the 2K series, and I'm not very sure how far along the AEW game is or if it'll even be on Steam.

I would be saying, "go figure, the one time in five years I'm enjoying pro-wrestling again and the videogames aren't as good as they used to be" but that's not at all fair to Fire Pro Wrestling World. I'd do the roster-editing thing there, but... the depth and technicality of it is a bit intimidating.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Same

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Working on turning that into my new av.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

2k actually went and patched MyGM.

Tag Titles (mens and women's) are now available
Weekly cards increased to 4 matches and 3 promos, PPVs increased to 5 matches and 4 promos
Starting budget has been increased
Image render/loading issues have been fixed on next gen consoles
80+ moves added to the game.

https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/1516461630456045569?s=20&t=H1Pdl6XdReucy-HC8BrVmA

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I was messing around with it looks like entrances run at 60fps now and they added more graphics options on PC to enable high res textures and such. It seems like they've fixed the bug where custom championships would be entirely black one you load into a match. Creation modes do run a lot smoother now, I think what they really need to do is just have pictures of all the clothing items and only load them if you hit preview instead of having the game constantly trying to load every single model in the game at the same time and choking to death in the process. Same goes for the wrestler selection screens, too. You have jpgs of every wrestler stop forcing this 20-some year old engine to try and load the whole game every time I scroll down a list.

The patch claims they fixed the tag team AI so that the CPU isn't constantly breaking up pins and from what I saw while testing they do far less break ups but they haven't fixed the issue where the partner of the guy getting pinned just never, ever makes it over there in time to stop the pin getting broken when it does happen. Also the CPU never tries taking out their opponents partners before doing a pinfall so tag team matches still take like 10 times longer to finish than singles matches.
It does look like they fixed the referee AI so they're not constantly in the way anymore which is good, I swear the ref was ALWAYS wandering into moves before. I still think they jitter and run around too much but at least they're not blocking me from doing moves now.

They haven't fixed the CAW portrait issue which is when you have have a bunch of CAWs and when you're scrolling through any list of characters they have either have the blank model or they have a completely different characters portrait for some reason. Maybe deleting all my CAWs will fix that? Dunno.

The biggest thing I want for a next patch at this point is finding some way to increase the CAW limit cause 100 caw slots is just not enough at this point. Especially when alternate attires still take up CAW slots. Also they desperately need to add filters or tags or something to create-a-moveset because it's such a nightmare making one. Like if I'm making a character whose mainly doing Grapples that target the Head, you can only filter by Suplex, Slam, Drop, Attack, OR Head. Let me do both! Also let me filter just pin combos and stuff.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That has to be something buried in the code, yeah. I can't imagine them not upping the number of slots unless they really, really don't know how.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
So here’s a huge problem with 2k22. If (when) you hit the image download max you can still download new wrestlers but you can’t download any custom logos, which means you may end up with Jay White in plain tights or Malaki Black without tattoos. If you try to use the deletion utility to do a mass removal of any unused content it won’t work properly, but it will delete any custom renders you are using. You need to delete each unwanted wrestler and any custom logos manually.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
The first DLC pack is out. So naturally, the boys got three Rikishis in the ring and the inevitable happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlYTVUbldhQ&t=3416s

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://411mania.com/games/details-why-impact-stars-pulled-wrestling-code-2020/

quote:

Impact Wrestling pulled their talent from Virtual Basement’s The Wrestling Code a couple of years ago, and a new report has details on why. You may recall that Impact had Fallah Bahh, Kylie Rae, Rich Swann, and Su Yung removed from the planned roster for the video game in 2020. Bahh has since been added back to the roster after he exited Impact. Fightful Select has some details on what went down that caused the withdrawals.

According to the site, Virtual Basement had some meetings with Impact during which a pitch was made to work on a new Impact Wrestling video game. Anthem Entertainment, who owns Impact, made the decision to pull their contracted talent from The Wrestling Code but wanted the companies to work together on the potential Impact game. The issue is that this would have required Virtual Basement to put their independent game on hold, and the game studio would have also needed to fund the new game. That didn’t end up happening.

loving imagine Impact of all companies trying to big league an independent developer.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Don't worry I'm sure there's a long line of suitors waiting to get that lucrative Impact license.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So I was trying to find Wrestling Empire mods and apparently all you can is texture stuff. That kinda sucks because all I want is a way to refill my health to max between matches. I hate sleeping and I hate waiting for some random event to let me "sleep" and regain health. Starting matches with like 25% hp is trash and not fun. It takes forever to get up and mashing sucks

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

They're losing out on exposure to perhaps dozens of gamers

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

So I was trying to find Wrestling Empire mods and apparently all you can is texture stuff. That kinda sucks because all I want is a way to refill my health to max between matches. I hate sleeping and I hate waiting for some random event to let me "sleep" and regain health. Starting matches with like 25% hp is trash and not fun. It takes forever to get up and mashing sucks

It feels like MDickie thinks he's making the true successor to No Mercy, but I think his engine would benefit way more taking from the PS1 Smackdown games. Getting caught in a submission for 30+ seconds at the start of the match, which does barely any damage to your character makes no sense and seemingly happens at random. Struggling to get up from being punched once at full health. It's got a solid control scheme, and I don't mind the way it looks, but I really wish the game was faster and snappier.
I would settle for knowing what MDickie is trying to go for, since I'm not even sure my criticisms track with what he's trying to do.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The triumphant return of Whose Gimmick Is It Anyway!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cZbDkdbkU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Fight Forever update from Fightful

quote:

News on AEW: Fight Forever

• Kenny Omega has made good use of his time off from the ring and has been helping a lot with the game.
• Roster size sits at around 50 and there will be some unfortunate notable omissions in the first release. For reference, AEW currently has 125 active wrestlers on the roster under full-time contracts, including both male and female talent. DLC has been pitched and discussed but nothing is confirmed as of yet.
• More names mentioned to be expected for the game include Owen Hart, Sting, CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Adam Cole and Ruby Soho.
• THQ Nordic is involved although minimally.
• There is still lots of polishing needing to be done for the game, especially when it comes to character models and online play.

Source: Fightful Select

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
There was talk of FTR and Captain Insano before as well. Also that game is absolutely not coming out this year.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

They loving better add Captain Insano. Never thought I'd think of him again but you know what gently caress it lemme be Captain Insano in the Season Mode god dammit.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Reminder that the AEW Games twitch channel is running a demo of the current build tomorrow morning

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Dacap posted:

Fight Forever update from Fightful

So going by the names mentioned and the "unfortunate notable omissions" the cut off date for added names seem to be before Jeff Hardy, reDRagon, Keith Lee, maybe no Hook, pretty much any of the ROH guys.

Still 50 is a good roster for a first game if it has a good engine and they can build on it.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Reminder that the AEW Games twitch channel is running a demo of the current build tomorrow morning

Good reminder!

If this game even resembles something that looks stable and a little fun I think it's going to sell like gangbusters.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I will buy all the DLC. Sign me the gently caress up for the season pass

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If it's got a good creation suite, all those guys will be online within a month or less.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If the game is even remotely good, I hereby pledge to buy every single piece of DLC available at full price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Same. Even the Wardlow DLC which comes with twelve different singlet colors for Wardlow and also cripples the game when you start an exhibition match.