Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

i think deus ex is the deus ex of rpgs

yeah lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

oh yeah

copy
Jul 26, 2007

:hao:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

:hai: gently caress

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

6. Pocky & Rocky Reshrined - Story Mode, Normal 1cc

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
13+ Horizon Forbidden West (Platinum Trophy)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mamkute posted:

You’ve gone too far.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Mamkute posted:

:frogbon:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mamkute posted:

We need to talk.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mamkute posted:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Beat Paradise Killer last night. Super fun murder mystery walking simulator with heavy homage to suda51 games. The less you know going into it the better but I highly recommend giving it a shot on gamepass.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mamkute you okay bro

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

mamkute you okay bro

Something’s wrong, he’s barely touched his copy of Universal Studios Theme Parks Adventure.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Bloodborne

First time, will not be the last

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

bomberman 64 (bad ending / 41 gold cards) - bomberman games are usually fun and this was no exception. i could see myself going for 100 gold cards and the true ending at some point though i imagine that's a very frustrating endeavor.

back to mega man games this weekend, been slowly making my way through 7 the past few days.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[19] Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers(GCN) 4/22/22
Review:
I remember really liking this and its sequel on Gamecube as a kid. The game really isn't that good anymore playing it 20 years later unfortunately. Let's start with what is bad -
- A majority of the missions are one screen like an atari game, fighting waves and waves of orc and orc(2)
- the power up and leveling system feels useless and pointless because all the combos are insane like press A+B+X while tapping R gently to execute an orc, especially when most enemies die in one hit already
- The voice actors, while official, sound very, very bored.
- The game is about 1 hour long

The good stuff:
- Lots of cool interviews and unlockables and secret missions
- Good graphics for the time
- Makes good use of movie footage and then turning into the game, which was as I remember impressive for the time

All that being said, it IS a Lord of the Rings game, and therefore I will be awarding it a perfect score.

10/10

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Reminds me that I really want to replay LotR The Third Age even though I suspect that it is godawful.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

The good stuff:
- Lots of cool interviews and unlockables and secret missions

10/10

i really miss this kind of stuff in videogames. there was a ton of behind the scenes stuff in games like this and rogue squadron. in one of the lotr ps2 games there was an interview with ian mckellen where he admits he cant handle the concept of two analog sticks so he hasn't played much lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

extremebuff posted:

i really miss this kind of stuff in videogames. there was a ton of behind the scenes stuff in games like this and rogue squadron. in one of the lotr ps2 games there was an interview with ian mckellen where he admits he cant handle the concept of two analog sticks so he hasn't played much lol

he says in this one that he has never played a video game and doesn't like them, and then praises THIS game for making Gandalf a "Commander, a warrior"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

- Makes good use of movie footage and then turning into the game, which was as I remember impressive for the time
It looked cool in the commercials

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Games don't look as cool in commercials now because they don't show as much of the game. It used to be that they'd show you a closeup of a fat dwarf and then that dwarf would start killing orcs with an axe, and you got to see some gameplay. Now they just show you a closeup of a fat dwarf for a second and then it goes to a black screen with "Horizon: Forbidden West" written on it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ever since Gears of War Mad World things have never been the same

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

Reminds me that I really want to replay LotR The Third Age even though I suspect that it is godawful.

It's a horribly balanced RPG bc of the way skills level but if you just try not to get too OP it's pretty chill. It's cool that they just straight copy pasted the FFX battle UI.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

War in the North is cool. Only played it co-op but it was a blast

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I haven't played the GameCube ones in like 18 years but I have extremely distinct memories of leveling up Gandalf the White to level 11 in Return of the King and spamming the poo poo out of his You Shall Not Pass aoe combo move

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Maybe my favorite in the series.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
Webbed. Fun little spider game

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
voice of cards, the isle dragon roars: the pacing between menu transitions killed the enjoyment of this game for me. having to wait between cards getting shown on the screen to just select "yes" or "no" made shopping or going into the main menu a chore. even worse was when you hit your inventory limit and have to go through the menus just to discard something, 15 to 20 seconds of wasted time each time. the story and combat were alright but the last dungeon kept throwing the same mini boss at you over and over which led me to skipping random fights entirely just so i could get the game over with. if there are improvements in the 2nd game of this series ill never experience them cause i have zero interest. Shame!

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mega man 7 (snes)

hadn't played or beaten this one in many, many years. I never owned it, only rented. I like all the hidden items and unique ways to find them (burning a tree down to reveal a hidden latter, etc). I don't think I ever got the protoshield as a kid. fun stages and the robot masters are pretty challenging if you don't have the weapon they're weak against. the graphics are nice and colorful. the cutesy sound effects are kinda lame and the music is 50/50 but there are some absolute bangers in there (eg. wily stage 1). final boss is absolutely brutal, worst in the series so far. onto mega man 8.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the best unlockables were the skateboarding videos in Tony hawk.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MM8 owns even though it's visually way too busy with all the multilayer sprite work they did. Enjoy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like MM8 even though nearly every stage is a gimmick

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
mm8 is chill

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mm8 is very fun, i'm already up to the wily stages. indeed lots of gimmicky stages but they're done well, like the shmup stage and snowboarding one. i like all the crazy layered sprites and parallax stuff, the visuals are cool and chill soundtrack.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ArfJason posted:

mm8 is chill

https://clips.twitch.tv/OptimisticOutstandingWatercressKippa

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmfao i know it's a trope at this point but the voice acting in this game owns so hard

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol every time