Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
*Puts on Johnny Carson Carnac the Magnificent hat* Tyson Fury will be knocked out in the 8th round by Dillian Whyte because everyone asking him about Daniel Kinahan has messed with him

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1516483832677085188

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Whyte must be a better inside fighter. Stronger legs, wicked left hook, extreme strength. Wilder needed some range for his kill shot. I just don't think Fury will let him get too close.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Idk if any boxing only posters missed it but last week a UFC fighter thanked kinehan in his post fight speech and also said "not my business" when asked about the crimes afterward.

Athletes - "thank you to mobster for giving me money and support to help with my fighting business"

Journalist - "you know that mobster is a criminal who gets money by doing mobster business crimes"

Athletes - "that is none of my business"

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Just add it to the very long list of why fury is bad and you shouldn't like him.

Currently in a pub not far from Wembley that is slowly filling up with coked up groups of lads going to the fight. Might stream it but suspect fury will just jab at Whyte keeping his distance for 12

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

CommonShore posted:

Idk if any boxing only posters missed it but last week a UFC fighter thanked kinehan in his post fight speech and also said "not my business" when asked about the crimes afterward.

Athletes - "thank you to mobster for giving me money and support to help with my fighting business"

Journalist - "you know that mobster is a criminal who gets money by doing mobster business crimes"

Athletes - "that is none of my business"

If you can point me to ANY fight promoter that isn't at least tangentially tied to criminal enterprise I'll be loving shocked. Not excusing anyone's lovely behavior, I'm just saying- the fight game is gross and has very deep seated ties to sketchy rear end motherfuckers. Always has, always will.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Eh MTK was a different scale though. Founded by someone clearly identified as a drug lord with all their fighters posting glowing statement's about him whilst somehow surviving as a business whilst taking a 0% cut for their most famous fighters.

That said boxing is definitely dodgy as gently caress. A colleague was the ringside doctor for some major fights and even for stuff at Wembley it was normal for everyone to be paid with envelopes of cash.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Yeah MTK was blatant from the start. The early days of mob involvement in the pro boxing game gets a bit of benefit of doubt given the time that has passed, but the Kinahans are next level and have been operating in the open. I thought things would've came to a head when Jamie Moore got shot in Marbella but it just kept rolling on and on.

Tyson's a bit of a prick and has some abhorrent views but I just can't hate him. The AJ-Fury golden cow being melted on both sides would be bloody hilarious though so :getin: either way tonight.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

If we are using stuff like Dragostea Din Tei as entry songs, I want to see someone come out boxing to Chocolate Rain

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I'm just glad that Irish druglords are finally being recognised for their work on the international stage. Hoping to cash in on that $5m bounty if I see any of the guys knocking around town

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Healey is the "this is what peak performance looks like" sort of boxer lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Probably the right move to end that there, he looked done

Edit: this is the best set of undercards they could get??? lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

BT Sport running a dope promo for Whyte imo

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Good soup! posted:

Healey is the "this is what peak performance looks like" sort of boxer lol

i looked it up and among his few wins was one over a guy with a 10-97-2 record. I am only mildly shocked.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

LOL that rules

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Good soup! posted:

LOL that rules

It's really everything awful and amazing about boxing.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

drat Lowe barely hung in there

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wait was Lowe really signaling the ref about a headbutt, lol that's not how that works if you lean into a short guys face dude

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

that's one hell of a gash

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Credit to Lowe for hanging in as long as he did but drat

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Good soup! posted:

Credit to Lowe for hanging in as long as he did but drat

yeah, Lowe showed good heart and toughness but he just got wrecked

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

This is one of the most boring fights I've seen in a while jfc

hrollins
May 20, 2003
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter
He's problematic, but I love him. Welcome back Tyson Fury.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Half time show before the ring walk smh

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol biggie smalls

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Enjoying the whole audience being off the pace with this super slow version of god save the Queen

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

fury's won every round so far for me

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

who's announcing this that just called tyson's wife paris hilton

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
This is not competitive.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

well that was a cool finish

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Jesus one punch

hrollins
May 20, 2003
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter
Saitama energy.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

God drat. One punch.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmfao rip

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

This is not competitive.

Yeah I don't think anyone expected it to be tbh

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

One punch match, imagine paying a grand to go watch that lmao

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
what a loving punch.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Goddamn

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

lol he pushes him over once he's ko'd

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Completely clean KO.

Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
if we could please have fury and aj fight that'd be nice but i'm talking about boxing here so