Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Samurai C*p 2 should not be spoken of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And then ghosted him after Samurai Cop 2 came out and he messaged them to ask what they thought of it

lmao

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Groovelord Neato posted:

How is there more than a half hour to go in this movie.

10 minutes are credits.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
The Northman loving owned. Go see it

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That part where they ask samurai cop dude a question and he just silently stares at them made me laugh so fuckin hard

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Netflix should put all their eggs into the Malazan Book of the Fallen series basket... no other way to survive.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lpzie posted:

Netflix should put all their eggs into the Malazan Book of the Fallen series basket... no other way to survive.

10 movie deal, each with a $300 million budget or bust. :colbert:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Origami Dali posted:

this jack guys parents are meg ryan and dennis quaid. wild.

I've seen The Boys and Barry. I never learned his name. I had no idea about this. And yet just looking at him you can tell. Like I should have guessed. That dude just straight up looks like "oh that's Meg Ryan's kid."

See also: you do not need any hints when guessing Maya Hawke's parentage

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Jack Quaid's 'They didn't have the rights to crack' bit was really funny, didn't see that coming.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Jack Quaid isn't in Barry

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m pretty sure it’s the same person.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He also plays dwight schrute

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Jack Quaid did voice and mocap work for the shadows of mordor video games. incredible failson flex.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

henkman posted:

Jack Quaid isn't in Barry

Whoops. Yeah. I got him confused with Henry Winkler.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

henkman posted:

The Northman loving owned. Go see it

Hell yeah

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
If anyone wants to fight naked in an active volcano, feel free to DM me.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Jack Quaid did voice and mocap work for the shadows of mordor video games. incredible failson flex.

That’s pretty neat, those games have excellent voice and mocap. Fun games to mess around in. (And torture an Australian ogre)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Absolutely go watch The Northman. The whole movie was awesome but that third act was something else.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I can’t believe Rich was able to pronounce “ichthyologist” correctly

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Monglo posted:

I just watched the first season of Lower Decks and besides maybe the first couple episodes and the fact that its a comedy with a high joke per minute count its faithful to the ideas of Star Trek and I liked it a lot.

Second season is better too

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Sheen Sheen posted:

I can’t believe Rich was able to pronounce “ichthyologist” correctly

He's been training

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Gripweed posted:

Big Mouth was created by Nick Kroll, and the success of the show suddenly makes sense when you find out who Nick Kroll's father is

Oh, I've been trying to figure out for years how anyone would even want to be in the same room as him and now it makes sense. He's just entertainment Donald Trump Jr

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
An actually funny earnest Star Trek series is The Orville

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Made the very foolish mistake of reading the Northman thread in you-know-where. Don't make my mistakes, folks!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mordja posted:

Made the very foolish mistake of reading the Northman thread in you-know-where. Don't make my mistakes, folks!

What insane hot takes did they have.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I’ll see the northman when it’s on a video streaming service. Cheers to all the posters

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The Wachowskis are auctioning off a ton of their stuff. I normally just gawk at the cool stuff for sale with these kinds of things, but I would ok with paying hundreds of dollars for an mtv movie award for the matrix or a platinum record to hang on the wall.

https://www.potterauctions.com/pdf/Catalog_117.pdf

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lister posted:

The Wachowskis are auctioning off a ton of their stuff. I normally just gawk at the cool stuff for sale with these kinds of things, but I would ok with paying hundreds of dollars for an mtv movie award for the matrix or a platinum record to hang on the wall.

https://www.potterauctions.com/pdf/Catalog_117.pdf

Was Matrix 4 really so bad they need to do this to make ends meet?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Arc Hammer posted:

What insane hot takes did they have.

Yeah this I wanna hear

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Uncharted has hit the internet, guess I'll see how bad it is tonight.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I dunno there was mostly one guy saying that Eggers sold out by making a mainstream nerd movie, and that it was for racists and that depiction=endorsement.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
matrix 4 has like a solid 5/10 on imdb

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

just watched The French Dispatch by Wes Anderson. I thought it was pretty low effort, just a few random half-finished scripts thrown together to make a film.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

No Mods No Masters posted:

I’ll see the northman when it’s on a video streaming service. Cheers to all the posters

:same:

I know three people who got COVID in the past week. No way am I going to a theater!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mordja posted:

I dunno there was mostly one guy saying that Eggers sold out by making a mainstream nerd movie, and that it was for racists and that depiction=endorsement.

He must have a vary strange idea of what counts as mainstream if a 9th century blood vengeance saga counts.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Just put the Northman on the website like you did Green Knight

I'm trying to give you money but you're insisting on theaters taking half of it

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I would happily plop down my $15 to watch a VOD of The Northman, tonight.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I love the HBO Max model of WB just pushing all their trash into the big incinerator, but I'm now fully on board with same day VOD.

Disney can eat a mountain of dicks if they think I'm paying $30 for Black Widow, but I would have happily paid $20 for Jackass and Northman.

Of course that doesn't matter because Spider-Man 19 made a zillion dollars so despite our best efforts covid did not kill theaters.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mallratcal posted:

I would happily plop down my $15 to watch a VOD of The Northman, tonight.

Yeah same.

The really nice theater down the road from me closed because of COVID and I don’t have the energy to drive to the lovely amc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
In physical media news, Criterion is releasing Pink Flamingos on bluray, and Okja, Shaft, and Raging Bull on 4k just in time for the Barnes and Noble 50% sale.

:toot: