Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Kornbread's reunion look is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I think Willow is the "kooky weirdo" winner that I really wanted Yvie to be.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Pinwiz11 posted:

From what I understand there's a way to get 24-hour online passes for VH1 and they don't check the emails so you can possibly do that. I'm sure others will fill in the details.

They finally tightened up security and geolocked it to America (I guess, I can't do it in Canada anymore) but you could go to vh1.com/live-tv in an incognito window and click "24 hour trial" and enter some made up email address plus a birthdate and get instant live streaming access for 24 hours. Repeatedly; there was never an email verification, and even if there were you could probably use protonmail or a similar email service that self destructed after a while.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

This is an amazing reunion ep

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

blizzardvizard posted:

Best since season 9

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Read After Burning posted:

I think Willow is the "kooky weirdo" winner that I really wanted Yvie to be.

I feel this.

Also loving living for Kornbread's ankle themed willow cosplay and tattoo. RuPaul's best friends race :kimchi:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

blizzardvizard posted:

Thanks for the tip, I think I might actually watch it now :v:

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Bought the season on Amazon and I'm rather miffed that it doesn't come with the reunion episode. Is there a place to watch it?

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting

iceyman posted:

Bought the season on Amazon and I'm rather miffed that it doesn't come with the reunion episode. Is there a place to watch it?

I feel the same way! Why did I pay for the whole season but don't get every episode?! This is bullshit.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

All I can say after the reunion is that Maddy came off looking so charming and funny. I'm really bummed she couldn't be in the acting challenge with the southern accent and the fart jokes. She would have killed it. Oh, and the reading mini-challenge.

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
I was prepared to not like Maddy at first but she has really grown on me. She's super funny and charismatic on social media! She does walk the runway like a straight dude though.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Bookish posted:

I feel the same way! Why did I pay for the whole season but don't get every episode?! This is bullshit.

Looks like its up now. Took another day longer than normal though.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Does anyone else watching on VH1 have problems with the subtitles? Even when I have captions turned on they just don't show up half the time, and it makes watching episodes like this with a group a huge pain in the rear end because we have to pause and rewind a bunch in order to have a conversation.

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?

curiousTerminal posted:

Does anyone else watching on VH1 have problems with the subtitles? Even when I have captions turned on they just don't show up half the time, and it makes watching episodes like this with a group a huge pain in the rear end because we have to pause and rewind a bunch in order to have a conversation.

I have the same problem watching it on Crave in Canada. Like they’ll put the first half of a sentence and never finish it

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
Espana casually coming in and putting every other last musical ever on any iteration of this show to shame while still clocking in at roughly 3x the length of most of them

Astonishing season, everyone needs to watch it.

My only complaint is that Juriji is one of the best people to be on the show and the judges just could not care less.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

S14 finale looks are circulating, and most of the queens are serving showstoppers

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Zvahl posted:

Espana casually coming in and putting every other last musical ever on any iteration of this show to shame while still clocking in at roughly 3x the length of most of them

Astonishing season, everyone needs to watch it.

My only complaint is that Juriji is one of the best people to be on the show and the judges just could not care less.

I was a little worried that Spain season 2 was going to be disappointing because season 1 was so good, but they’ve really been crushing it. Every episode is amazing.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I just finished watching "To Wong foo, thanks for everything- Julie Newmar"

Patrick Swazey and John Leguazamo and Wesley snipes are great actors. John was in super Mario brothers .

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 20, 2022

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Patrick Swazey and John Leguazamo and Wesley snipes are great actors. John was in super Mario brothers .

Leguizamo is amazing, it's always a pleasure to see him pop up in stuff

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/amatorah/status/1516858412297981954?s=21&t=pFl2MnOePwcTyQTYevAkdw

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
The finale sneak preview is out, and oh my god, these looks! :allears:

Daya Betty looks loving oval office. :love:

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 21, 2022

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Read After Burning posted:

The finale sneak preview is out, and oh my god, these looks! :allears:

Daya Betty looks loving oval office. :love:

Kerri with her four trans power stones lk;sadhfglksjdhfglksjdhfglkajswhdfr

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

:siren::siren::siren:FINALE WARNING:siren::siren::siren:

The Finale starts airing in a little over an hour. Once it starts, real-time discussion is fair game so if you haven't seen the episode stay away.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I don’t think I liked the format of the finale. The original songs weren’t great which didn’t bother me Season 7 and 8 because I didn’t believe they mattered to determining the winner. I don’t believe the queens had a huge control in the writing and choreography of those numbers which makes the production decisions too obvious. I would have preferred if the queens got to choose a song to do a lipsync performance like Season 12’s finale.

That being said, I am happy with the winner. This was a really strong, if long season.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Phew.
Happy with that.
Dancing to a Queen song but with the aesthetics of Bowie was really weird I gotta say.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

garthoneeye posted:

I don’t think I liked the format of the finale. The original songs weren’t great which didn’t bother me Season 7 and 8 because I didn’t believe they mattered to determining the winner. I don’t believe the queens had a huge control in the writing and choreography of those numbers which makes the production decisions too obvious. I would have preferred if the queens got to choose a song to do a lipsync performance like Season 12’s finale.

That being said, I am happy with the winner. This was a really strong, if long season.

I'd like to know too how involved the queens were in putting their performances together. At the very least, they had control over their looks. There are behind the scenes of Daya's and Willow's on Instagram. Utica helped design Willow's! Since their outfits had reveals, I don't think it's a stretch that they'd have a fair amount of creative control over the choreography and maybe even the song itself.

Very satisfying finale for a top tier season. I'd love to see any one of these queens on AS. The biggest shocker for me, tbh, was Miss Congeniality. I for sure thought Kerri would get it, but the queens vote so I don't dispute that Kornbread deserves it.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

good finale, good top 2 lipsync. nice capstone to an extremely long but nevertheless entertaining season. absolutely loved bosco’s ophanim burlesque and daya’s pearlescent chitinous realness (the way her tendrils moved :discourse:). would have loved to see either of them scrap with willow instead of camden but as long as she showed up there was really no chance of beating ms. pill. and show up she did, serving david byrne by way of beetlejuice.

I too fully believed kerri would snatch ms congeniality, but bread winning is a decent consolation prize for her. that beauty and the beast serve was very pleasant to look at.

The extended drag race live number was great, it served as a great ad for the show. I have no plans to travel to vegas in the foreseeable future but if I did I’d happily attend. Naomi looks incredible…

Symone had an excellent finale look that was very much in line with her aesthetic. Still the nicest skin in the game. Contrast to Lala, who looked merely okay. I kind of wish she played off of her bag reputation.

Of the queens that weren’t top, Alyssa ate. Having a functioning money gag was a delight.

Very much a choice to show no mask usage in the live audience.

Would love to see any of top 5 in an all-stars season, but betty especially.

I’m gonna enjoy the brief reprieve from english-speaking drag race. See yall for what looks to be a brief and brutal banger of an all-stars season in a month and change

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Congratulations to Willow :toot: The top 2 is my personal top 2 so I would've been fine with any of them winning.

Daya's runway look was gorgeous.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I wish Willow didn't have a second reveal, I wanted her to win wearing the giant pants.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
That was a good season and I am happy for Willow, very well deserved. She is something special. Some amazing looks tonight too, we thought a bunch looked like Final Fantasy summons.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Very happy with the Willow winning and Korn bread getting congeniality.

When I saw Lady Camden do her fall reveal again I figured she wasn't going to win but still I would have been happy for her if she pulled it out.

I especially enjoyed willows first outfit during the final lip synch. it made me laugh a lot watching those short legs and giant arms.

Edit: vvvv holy poo poo!

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Apr 23, 2022

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
congratulations to lady camden on being the first brit to win money on drag race

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Willow moved to Chicago after filming drag race.
As a Chicago queen, we run in a lot of the same circles- she’s a friendly acquaintance.

But everything she wore last night was made in collaboration with Chicago artists, many of whom are my close friends, and I’m so proud! Please know Willow has an army of people who love her standing behind her- she’s a good person and a great drag queen.
Her first lip sync gown was created by Utica (another Chicago transplant) with the masks sculpted by Chicago artist Lisa Whiting and painted by drag queen Siichele, with hair by Secret Queen:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CcrPOWJFqbQ/

And her finale lip sync looks were both by Chicago drag artist/designer JForPay:
https://twitter.com/jforpay/status/1517703418923687936

Willow is lovely. I’m so happy for her as a person and happy she won as a drag race fan.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
That was a mixed bag of a finale. On the plus side, I was shocked that my top two picks for the season actually made it to the top two, especially after the past few seasons has seen some somewhat questionable judging. So I was going to be happy with either winner.

That said, I hated the musical numbers. These original songs they wrote for the finale, like they did with 7 and 8, were atrocious. I know in theory a talented queen should be able to put on an incredible performance no matter the song, but these songs were absolute trash, and Ru should be embarrassed to put them out into the world like that. If I was one of these final 5 queens, I would have been absolutely pissed that I had to perform to that.

I was absolutely fine to not have them do a lip sync for your life. But maybe they still could have done a roulette wheel to determine from a list of actual hit songs to perform their numbers to. This format was not it.

I digress. All hail Queen Willow. I think overall she had a great overall arc for the season, coming in trolling the other queens in the first episode with an overly basic look, to coming and taking the crown in the end was amazing. Condragulations!

Also, in other gay news, everybody here should check out The Real World Homecoming New Orleans on Paramount Plus. In case there are people who didn't see it when was originally on the air way back in 2000, The Real World New Orleans featured Danny Roberts who at the time became the most famous gay man in America. I've talked to countless gay men my age who all agree that Danny was a gay awakening for us all. He not only was incredibly good looking and charming, but he had a very moving story given that he had just come out of the closet right before filming began, but he also got a boyfriend with a man named Paul. Paul's face had to be blurred whenever he was on screen because he was in the military in the time of Don't Ask Don't Tell. Flashforward 22 years, Danny has been through quite a lot. Check it out, the first episode was very emotional, and next week it looks like they're diving in deeper into what he went through with the show in in the subsequent years.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I loved that they had the opening of "Losing is the New Winning" performed by Jaida... who won her season. :laffo:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Finally the worst season is over, despite having possibly one of the best Ru songs and a great top two (with kind of a boring lipsync for the two who were up there tbh). I'm glad I don't have to deal with Bosco's "I'm on twitter and tumblr too much" take on comedy and Daya's low blood glucose induced anger on TV anymore. Lady Camden and Angeria are going to destroy whatever All Stars season they end up on.

e: just remembered Bosco made an Estrogen Makes You Stupid joke on stage. gently caress Bosco.

Eej fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 23, 2022

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I was rooting for Camden ever since the fart challenge so I was surprised she placed second, but Willow is a great winner.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This may be a hot take but that finale had a terrible format. Tell me Ru predetermined a winner without telling me Ru predetermined a winner. Like why why the Vegas show promo longer than the individual performances? I would've preferred actual songs like in S12.

That being said Willow Pill is an amazing winner and drag queen.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Anymore I find the finales to be a bit boring. Outside of something wild like Sasha's roses, but now we expect a reveal so what can someone do to actually shock us?

I was fine with any of the top 5 winning, but expected a Willow/Camden top 2. I would have loved Daya to win because it would be great to read bitches on twitter having an absolute meltdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Honestly I thought Daya's finale performance was better than Lady Camden's and by rights she should have made top two, although I liked Camden's too.

Finales are always kinda boring but I agree that the format here wasn't it. The original songs really didn't do enough.