Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Lots of fun. Moma, tube, and a reworked TTE was a strong opener. Love these crazy old guys.

Also if you didn't see this it's pretty funny and new, from the CA shows last fall: https://youtu.be/q7Xse0E_SzA

E: https://mega.nz/file/PhVmUDII#U_KX9HQGpLFPXVpMEFGeu--WrxzOlWRL_iyadhlY-QI

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
are the mexico shows still a-go?

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Tweezer Reprise posted:

are the mexico shows still a-go?

So far, but I really don't expect them to go on.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Clifford ball DAAM is gone from youtube so watching this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZNhrhugfUY

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Listening to 7-19-91 tonight. Good stuff.

https://relisten.net/phish/1991/07/19

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Summer tour dates dropped - everybody get IN!

5/27 The Wharf Amphitheater, Orange Beach, AL

5/28 The Wharf Amphitheater, Orange Beach, AL

5/29 The Wharf Amphitheater, Orange Beach, AL

5/31 Credit One Stadium, Charleston, SC

6/1 Credit One Stadium, Charleston, SC

6/3 Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville, IN

6/4 Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville, IN

6/5 Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville, IN

7/14 Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA

7/15 Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA

7/16 Maine Savings Amphitheater, Bangor, ME

7/19 TD Pavilion at the Mann, Philadelphia, PA

7/20 TD Pavilion at the Mann, Philadelphia, PA

7/22 Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, Bethel, NY

7/23 Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, Bethel, NY

7/24 Xfinity Theatre, Hartford, CT

7/26 Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater, Wantagh, NY

7/27 Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater, Wantagh, NY

7/29 Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek, Raleigh, NC

7/30 Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD

7/31 Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD

8/2 Blossom Music Center, Cuyahoga Falls, OH

8/3 Pine Knob Music Theatre, Clarkston, MI

8/5 Atlantic City Beach, Atlantic City, NJ

8/6 Atlantic City Beach, Atlantic City, NJ

8/7 Atlantic City Beach, Atlantic City, NJ

8/10 Budweiser Stage, Toronto, ON

8/12 Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI

8/13 Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI

8/14 Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI

9/1 Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO

9/2 Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO

9/3 Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO

9/4 Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Put in my request for the Raleigh show. Here’s hoping.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Lord Wexia posted:

Put in my request for the Raleigh show. Here’s hoping.

Good thinking. Every North Carolina show I ever attended has been a barn burner. I particularly recommend checking out the 2011 Ghost and the 2018 Runaway Jim -> Antelope medley.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFbMBFE6Sgs

Trey's already south of the border.

Also love that every Pete Shapiro act does the mexican vacation once a year every year now. That resort they picked must love him

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Won't be able to catch all the Mexico shows this weekend but I did catch Thursday's, what a show! 22 min Tweezer, and the mix is sounding excellent

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Trying to imagine someone who’s favorite song is Sing Monica. It’s hard :thunk:

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

See y'all at Great Woods and in Hartford.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I used to work security at Great Woods and it's still a nightmare of parking, even for employees. It's just one giant lot and it all congests into two exit lanes, I used to work a security shift and then have to spend an hour in the parking lot in "traffic" leaving (unpaid).

Luckily I'm friends with a dude who owns a building right next to it, so he lets me park there. What's funny is that the security blocks off access to the parking lot (because the building owners don't want normal concert people parking there), so whenever I walk back to my car from a show there they yell and yell and try to block me but since they're not physically allowed to touch me I just keep walking to my car and drive away lmao.

The venue itself though is pretty fun, and has good sound. Excited to see y'all at the shows, I'll buy my goons a beer if I find ya!

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Kvlt! posted:

I used to work security at Great Woods and it's still a nightmare of parking, even for employees. It's just one giant lot and it all congests into two exit lanes, I used to work a security shift and then have to spend an hour in the parking lot in "traffic" leaving (unpaid).

Luckily I'm friends with a dude who owns a building right next to it, so he lets me park there. What's funny is that the security blocks off access to the parking lot (because the building owners don't want normal concert people parking there), so whenever I walk back to my car from a show there they yell and yell and try to block me but since they're not physically allowed to touch me I just keep walking to my car and drive away lmao.

The venue itself though is pretty fun, and has good sound. Excited to see y'all at the shows, I'll buy my goons a beer if I find ya!

12 years ago I saw Radiohead there and my friend said the real trick is to tailgate *after* the show, so I just prepare to chill for an hour after the show is done and chow down on sandwiches I make at my house and throw in a cooler. I maaaaay custy up for VIP parking but I still make it a point to just chill for an hour after the show and I can just slide right on out of there.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Very true, and especially at a Phish show where theres a shakedown it makes it a lot better. That's the advantage of Great Woods tho - amazing, huge shakedowns.

My advice would be to skip VIP parking. It really doesn't make too much of a difference especially at a packed show like Phish.

The venue itself knows its parking doesnt match its size. I remember working an Iron Maiden show and I had to have people park on grass, in yards, etc. It was a nightmare.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Kvlt! posted:

The venue itself knows its parking doesnt match its size. I remember working an Iron Maiden show and I had to have people park on grass, in yards, etc. It was a nightmare.

If that was the Iron Maiden show in 2000 it’s one of my favorite concerts ever

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Noise Machine posted:

12 years ago I saw Radiohead there and my friend said the real trick is to tailgate *after* the show, so I just prepare to chill for an hour after the show is done and chow down on sandwiches I make at my house and throw in a cooler. I maaaaay custy up for VIP parking but I still make it a point to just chill for an hour after the show and I can just slide right on out of there.

I was at that show too. If I recall, the move was to take our bikes on the T and bike the rest of the way in. Just don't miss the last T on the way out or you're hosed.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

zenguitarman posted:

I was at that show too. If I recall, the move was to take our bikes on the T and bike the rest of the way in. Just don't miss the last T on the way out or you're hosed.

That could just sum up the Boston-Metro transportation in a nutshell.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Happy day! Y'all mind if I have a good show?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Noise Machine posted:

Happy day! Y'all mind if I have a good show?

I’m feeling a Walfredo tonight. Just something in the air

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Got the stream up and running

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Good show - a little loose sometimes, I think they were battling some sound issues on the stage? Very solid all around especially for N1 of a 4 night run.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Noise Machine posted:

Good show - a little loose sometimes, I think they were battling some sound issues on the stage? Very solid all around especially for N1 of a 4 night run.

That DWD was amazing until its brutal death. Nobody seemed to know where anyone else was trying to go with it. Solid show overall though, especially that banging Carini opener.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

ada shatan posted:

That DWD was amazing until its brutal death. Nobody seemed to know where anyone else was trying to go with it. Solid show overall though, especially that banging Carini opener.

I can't remember the last time they finished a DWD - also wanna give a shout out to that Q4 Reba, that was real nice.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Love this

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do
Well that show was great, but that third set was beyond what I expected.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

NYE gag was my favorite in the last 5 years, hands-down. And the music was great taboot - how bout that SOAMelt jam?!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m listing to last night and it’s very good

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
did whoever runs phishtracks.com die of covid or something? no updates since late 2021 where can i listen to shows :|

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

ram dass in hell posted:

did whoever runs phishtracks.com die of covid or something? no updates since late 2021 where can i listen to shows :|

http://phish.in

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

also make sure you have the Relisten app on your phone, it's ftw

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

gad drat thank u

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

What a run - Set 1 last night might go into rotation for leisure listening. Set 2 was also strong with the NMINML, and I gotta give it up for the well timed "Lonely Trip". I really like that song.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Noise Machine posted:

NYE gag was my favorite in the last 5 years, hands-down

It owned

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Crying listening to icculus 10/31/95

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Crying listening to icculus 10/31/95

Giggling listening to mikes groove 10/31/98

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Nodding politely listening to Walfredo 2/13/97.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Got a real quick one week tour this Spring. I didn't catch all of this past weekend, but I thought it was OK. Not bad, not great. Definitely interested what happens once they shake off the rust

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Tour starts tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Noise Machine posted:

Tour starts tonight!

Heads up as a former employee: Xfinity/Great Woods is a nightmare for parking and exiting. Its too small a venue for Phish not in terms of seating (tho that too) but theres just no parking and only one exit/entrance. Expect to be trapped.

I used to work security there and would sit in traffic for an hour after my shift, unpaid. And I got to leave from the employee lot.